Games only you anticipated.

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
What are some games that weren't big titles that you still anticipated before release and may have preordered?
I think I preordered Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick, but I'm not sure, I also preordered War of the Monsters. What are yours?

Dog's Life and Bloody Roar 4.

Speaking of Chulip, when's it coming out? Wasn't it supposed to hit the US this past fall? :\

[quote name='eat_slag']Dog's Life and Bloody Roar 4.

Speaking of Chulip, when's it coming out? Wasn't it supposed to hit the US this past fall? :\[/quote]

Some places have it estimated as comming mid jan. others have it comming in like march or april. I'm hoping jan. is the correct prediction.

I had a little hope in Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, even though I knew it wasn't going to be a follow up or anything like that, but I sorta saw it coming as I saw some previews from E3. Also expecting some joy from Pariah, which I don't see or hear too much about on these boards.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Wrestlemania 18. I even got it about a week early because Sam Goody decided to put it out.[/quote]

my friend got that game the day it came out.

It still has the best roster of any WWE game from this generation.

and for me the one game no one seems to ever give props to is Killer 7. I am anticipating that one almost as much as REsident Evil 4

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Wrestlemania 18. I even got it about a week early because Sam Goody decided to put it out.[/quote]

my friend got that game the day it came out.

It still has the best roster of any WWE game from this generation.

and for me the one game no one seems to ever give props to is Killer 7. I am anticipating that one almost as much as REsident Evil 4[/quote]

Yeah, I had a lot of fun with it. For some reason 18 had 4-way elimination matches, and 19 and DoR only have 4-way. The collision damage was absolutely RIDICULOUS. I remember putting Giant Swing on EVERY one of my CAWs, because it knocked down everyone, and the computers would always attack the RECIEVER of the Giant Swing. Made for some hilarious matches.

I felt fairly alone in looking forward to Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2. I have a great like for decent low-priced platformers that just try to be fun without being the Second Coming of Mario. I probably enjoyed the first Ty more than Mario Sunshine because the latter just tried too to live up to its franchise reputation and often felt more like work than play.

Wild Arms: Alter Code F is one of my most-wanted games right now. I doubt there are many other people that feel that way.

From games that are already released, I was very excited about Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg after I played the demo. Got it the day it came out I believe, and wasn't disappointed. Very unique game that gets passed over because of its "cute" factor.

[quote name='argyle']Wild Arms: Alter Code F is one of my most-wanted games right now. I doubt there are many other people that feel that way.

From games that are already released, I was very excited about Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg after I played the demo. Got it the day it came out I believe, and wasn't disappointed. Very unique game that gets passed over because of its "cute" factor.[/quote]

Damn I forgot all about the Wild Arms remake ... I am looking forward to that one too :)

I hope the 4th installment turns out well.

I'm looking forward to Full Metal Alchemist coming state side,but I doubt anyone other than the cult following of the series will get it.

In the past I'd say Clock Tower 3.

I second the 11th hour. I loved 7th Guest and couldn't wait for a sequel. By the time it finally came out, my PC couldn't handle the game and I never played it.

Also didn't seem like many peope were excited for Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. That's a great game!

To be honest, I'm thinking and I don't think there was a game that I really anticipated that wasn't big. Though probably Ape Escape 2, I did look forward to it, after it hit $25. If Ape Escape 3 or Ico 2 ever get made, they'll be on my most anticipated games lists.

I have had Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics pre-ordered for several months now...keeps getting pushed back. Most people would probably hate it, but it's my kind of game.

[quote name='slavefive']I second the 11th hour. I loved 7th Guest and couldn't wait for a sequel. By the time it finally came out, my PC couldn't handle the game and I never played it.

Also didn't seem like many peope were excited for Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. That's a great game![/quote]

After 11th Hour finally came out, it took me a while to get my PC to a state that it could run it. I really wish the series had become more than it did. I waited forever for that game, sometimes I think Blizzard took lessons from Trilobyte.

I went to the EB in Rockfeller Center the day animal crossing was released, I made them open the delivery boxes to see if it came in. Someone behind me asked if the game was any good, I said its supposed to be, turned around and it was Jimmy Fallon.

[quote name='howlinmad'][quote name='slavefive']I second the 11th hour. I loved 7th Guest and couldn't wait for a sequel. By the time it finally came out, my PC couldn't handle the game and I never played it.

Also didn't seem like many peope were excited for Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone. That's a great game![/quote]

After 11th Hour finally came out, it took me a while to get my PC to a state that it could run it. I really wish the series had become more than it did. I waited forever for that game, sometimes I think Blizzard took lessons from Trilobyte.[/quote]

I read on the 'net somewhere a while back the story of Trilobyte as told by someone that worked there. Wish I knew where I read it so I could link it, but let's just say after reading what went on you'll understand why that game took forever to release AND why it sucked compared to The 7th Guest.

[quote name='studio (Wombat5277)']I went to the EB in Rockfeller Center the day animal crossing was released, I made them open the delivery boxes to see if it came in. Someone behind me asked if the game was any good, I said its supposed to be, turned around and it was Jimmy Fallon.[/quote]

NO WAY, thats pretty cool.

[quote name='opportunity777']Gundam Battle Assault 3 for PS2[/quote]

I anticipated it as well and I didnt buy it the day it came out whats wrong with me.

Guilty Gear Isuka, Feel the Magic, Katamari Damacy, & Metal Slug Advance.

A bit further back, I was dying for Tomba 1 & 2, Klonoa 1, & Incredible Crisis.

Forsaken (PC/N64)
Pac Man Vs.
Serious Sam 2nd Encounter/XBox Gold/Next Encouter
NHL Open Ice
Slamscape (I found out a video I was in was included on the disc)
Pong (PSX)
Poy Poy
Wipeout 3/Fusion
HSX:Hypersonic Extreme
Pride FC
Colin McRae (Any)
Sega GT Online
Extreme G 1, 2, 3, XGRA
WCW Backstage Assault
Courier Crisis (PSX/Saturn)

I preordered Metal Gear Solid 2 and they let me come pick it up the night before it was released... That was a really exciting night.

Nevermind, I completely missed the only in that statement...

I feel like the only person who anticipated Breath of Fire V and Contra: Shattered Soldier

None of my friends were gamers so I was pretty much the only one anticipating Halo 2. That all changed once I got them to play through the original.

[quote name='magilacudy']None of my friends were gamers so I was pretty much the only one anticipating Halo 2. That all changed once I got them to play through the original.[/quote]

I'm not really sure that counts. You may have been the only one of your friends anticipating it, but obviously many other people were also looking forward to it.

I'm not even sure Katamari Damacy should count since so many people on here wanted it in advance, although it was largely ignored by the mainstream. Most of the games that I want that nobody else seems to care about end up as vapor or import-only. I was really looking forward to Rent-A-Hero No. 1 for Dreamcast, and the Dungeons and Dragons games for Saturn.

I was hoping that the most recent Leisure Suit Larry wouldn't destroy the series, I pre-ordered it, it sucked. I don't have the greatest track record for these things.

I am looking forward to Chulip as well.

7th Guest was 100 times better than Myst, imho.

Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King, Klonoa 2, Magic Pengel, Roadkill, and Ape Escape 2 are some of the ones I anticipated that not many others were.

bread's done
Back