Games similar to Pixeljunk Monsters? RTS on ps2 or ps3?

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Hello - me and my wife are having a blast playing PJM together and I wanted to ask for suggestions of other real time strategy type games - especially ones that have two player co-op. For ps2 or ps3 or even xbox360 or wii/gamecube if there are better options on those systems. Thanks!

I think Pixel Junk Monsters is the only tower defense game on any console (that I can think of, anyway... unless you count the WiiWare game "Defend Your Castle", but that plays nothing like PJM).

I know there are a couple tower defense games coming to the DS. NinjaTown and some arctic themed game where you fend off penguins and stuff (looks a little lame, and is also coming to Wii).

Your best bet, for now, would be the many free web based tower defense games, but none of those offer coop.

I should mention that, if you have the expansion for PJM, and you beat all of the levels in the normal game and expansion, then you'll unlock a random stage generator, so you guys can keep on playing "new" stages, even after you finish the game.
I don't think many people know about this feature. My fiance and I found it after we beat all the stages in coop. We're also huge fans of the game.

Thanks for the very knowledgeable reply! I didn't realize it was sorta a niche genre game ala "tower defense" - maybe there will be more interest in the future - we want online co-op and online vs. !!! I guess I just thought it was a simple RTS game - but I haven't played much in the way of RTS - starcraft a long, long time ago.

We are halfway through encore so that is awesome to hear that they have a map generator to keep things going!

If you have any specific recommendations for the the web-based games - maybe the one you think is the best - let me know. Thanks!

bread's done
Back