Games sold from Canada the same as US?

The regions are the same so it should play just fine but occasionally the cover art is different or includes instructions in french as well. I'm pretty sure, for instance, the MLB: The Show had a different cover athlete for Canadian copies.

In addition to what GBAstar said, the packaging when sold new is supposed to be bilingual too, so the blurbs on the back may have both English and French. Sometimes this is done simply by shrinkwrapping and extra piece of paper or manual over a standard US release. I've seen some hilarious printing errors on those bits of paper. Bigger name titles will usually have a proper bilingual insert virtually identical to the US release, where unless both versions are side by side you wouldn't know there were multiple versions. I've also seen Canadian collectors importing US copies hoping to avoid dirty French text on their games, only to find the US packaging is trilingual with Spanish too :lol: Specific variants are all YMMV depending on the game you're getting. But yes, any game will look and play fine.

You would be able to play in Canada. In North America (& South America), it is region 1. Europe & Africa (including Middle East and Australia) is region 2. Japan (and the Asian countries) are region 3. Region 1 makes their disc from both the parts of English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. Just note that for consoles (PS2 and under; X-box 360 and under; Wii U and under), they are region-locked - meaning that if you bring your region 1 games over to region 2 consoles, they won't work (or bring your own region 1 console and game over to region 2 zone with a physical TV).

Just curious about buying a game from a seller in Canada. Will this look and play just like a US retail version?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back