Games that have playtime clocks

KingDox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I like games that have clocks in them that tell you how long you've played. It's cool to see how much time you've dumped into a game. It's sometimes shocking. I know these games have one.

xbox
Panzer dragoon orta
Soul Calibur 2
KOTOR save files had time clocks

Dreamcast.
Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Its cool, but a lot of the time it bothers me cause I'll pause a game for a while so the time won't be accurate cause I'll just leave it there.

Half of the games out there have a clock that tracks the amount of hours you put into it. And yes, all the Grand Theft Auto games (well, on the PS2...I've never played I & II) have it in the stats section.

EA Sports games can tell you how much you've played them, sort of. The EA Bio keeps track of how much time you've spent with them on. My tally is about 36 days or so with Madden 04 and 05, MVP 04, and NCAA 04 and 05. I can't wait for MVP 05, looks like it'll be the best baseball game this year.

yeah, some playtime clocks stop when you pause, while some continue to roll even on pause.

example: MP2 echoes tracks playtime, but excludes pause time, i think. anyhow, i keep a game log of certain games i play to track playtime vs. real time, and to note when specific items were acquired.

imost RPG keep track of how much time you put in
i'm not 100% sure but didn't dead or alive fpr the ps1 have a play clocke?

[quote name='Heyricochet']Its cool, but a lot of the time it bothers me cause I'll pause a game for a while so the time won't be accurate cause I'll just leave it there.[/quote]

I hate that too ... I also hate myself for caring how long the play clock has been going :evil:

Most games seem to stop the play time clock while paused in my experience. I know the few times I've left one of those games paused for an hour or more it didn't seem to bump the playtime by an hour on my next save. Can't remember any specific title that I tried that with though... :(

Deus Ex: Invisible War tracks the playtime

Would have been cool if MS put something in the Box to track your time on every game you ever played. With the HDD they could have done that, probably fairly easily. I assume a generic solution would count pause time, however. Then they could have a stats portion on the dashboard and you could list every game you've played by playtime. That would rock.

all rpgs have it. considering you know what an rpg is. I wish they didn't have the clock, it's a pointless statistic that only makes you want to play the game faster when you should really be patient. I try to ignore it whenever I see it

[quote name='adezero']all rpgs have it. considering you know what an rpg is. I wish they didn't have the clock, it's a pointless statistic that only makes you want to play the game faster when you should really be patient. I try to ignore it whenever I see it[/quote]
I like it, the more hours you get out of a game = more value. I'd rather pay for a game that takes 80 hours to finish, instead of one that takes 8.

Plus, the really good ones are like reading a good book, you're a little sad when its over.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']EA Sports games can tell you how much you've played them, sort of. The EA Bio keeps track of how much time you've spent with them on. My tally is about 36 days or so with Madden 04 and 05, MVP 04, and NCAA 04 and 05. I can't wait for MVP 05, looks like it'll be the best baseball game this year.[/quote]
Damn, 36 days? I've only got something like 8 days on my bio. About 4 of them are from Madden 05.

I believe SSBM has a clock in it. I put a few days on that game.

[quote name='Bann'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']EA Sports games can tell you how much you've played them, sort of. The EA Bio keeps track of how much time you've spent with them on. My tally is about 36 days or so with Madden 04 and 05, MVP 04, and NCAA 04 and 05. I can't wait for MVP 05, looks like it'll be the best baseball game this year.[/quote]
Damn, 36 days? I've only got something like 8 days on my bio. About 4 of them are from Madden 05.

I believe SSBM has a clock in it. I put a few days on that game.[/quote]

Yeah, though most of it's from the 3 older games since I've put maybe 4 or 5 days into this year's Madden or NCAA. I'm planning to give them a lot more playtime during break.

Final Fantasy X
Prince of Persia
Wild Arms 3
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill 2
Kingdom Hearts
Metal Gear Solid: 2
Champions of Norrath (I think)
Devil May Cry
Clock Tower 3
Xenosaga

All I can remember off the top of my head. Theres tons of games with game clocks.

Most RPGs contain them. I think all of the Resident Evils do as well as all of the Silent Hill series. Kingdom Hears: Chain of Memories contains it.

I really like the gameclock feature. It's always nice to know how much time I have invested in a game. I don't feel at all that it makes me try to rush a game. I normally just go at my own pace.

Just looked my my clock for Disgaea.... 283 hrs... :shock: AND I'm still playing it since I'll hafta wait till I pick up Phantom Brave after xmas but I swear, I used to be a total FF fanboy but unlike FF, Disgaea keeps me comin' back for repeat runs.

bread's done
Back