Games That Have Terrible Voice-Overs.

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Games that come directly to mind are teh entire Dynasty Warriors series. The voice-overs remind me of poor 70's kung fu dubs.

And now I must say, aww crap since I had another one in mind, but I can't think of it now. Hopefully it'll come to me later or somebody'll post it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Games that come directly to mind are teh entire Dynasty Warriors series. The voice-overs remind me of poor 70's kung fu dubs.

And now I must say, aww crap since I had another one in mind, but I can't think of it now. Hopefully it'll come to me later or somebody'll post it.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil.

I'd say practically any game that has voice overs is done terribly. Metal Gear has it's moments and so did FF-X. Other than that, I can;t think of many or any that stand out.

[quote name='Astinus Majere']Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the worst I've heard.[/QUOTE]

one of the worst dialogs IMO I think the voices are fine its just what they are saying makes you go HUH?

Metal Gear Solid (1,2,3)

Playing MGS4 I almost put a knife through the TV, but I realized how much it costed and I pulled back.

I can't stand Yuna from FFX and FFX-2. She sounds so unnatural and forced. And the new voice actors for Xenosaga II arn't doing anything for me, either.

Ive never felt any game had bad voice acting, there were some characters that made me cringe, but over all it's not so bad. How many people in real life do you know that have perfect voices???

SHENMUE!!!

I love it when characters use the wrong emphasis on words. For instance, when you engage in a conversation with a character, instead of saying "What?" in the tone of "Yes? What do you want?" They say "what" like their girlfriend revealed that she has a dick. "Wwwwhhhhuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????"

[quote name='Astinus Majere']Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the worst I've heard.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely up there... it might be easier to count the games with good voice acting rather than the impossibly long list of bad ones...

Surprised it took so long to mention shenmue, and the other favorite from the dreamcast, Sonic fucking adventure. Great game even if it is buggy has hell and has the worst voice acting ever. I don't think I've ever heard a more emotionless "No!" as I die.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Overblood (PS)
Illbleed (DC)

Altered Beast (Gen) - Hah! But what a feat it was to have voice overs at all.[/QUOTE]

lol @ overblood I remember that freaking game ---- "PEEPO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Nobody has mentioned Star Ocean: The Second Story for Playstation?

Damn, this game is the pinnacle of shitty voice overs.. it sounds like they recorded all their lines out of a toilet and they got some random janitor to do it.

It has the worst VO's ever, hands down.

As a few others have mentioned, definately House of the Dead 2. Aargh, i cant remember that line the flying dude says at the beginning, something about "...suffer like G did". haha, that game was awesome

[quote name='Roufuss']Nobody has mentioned Star Ocean: The Second Story for Playstation?

Damn, this game is the pinnacle of shitty voice overs.. it sounds like they recorded all their lines out of a toilet and they got some random janitor to do it.

It has the worst VO's ever, hands down.[/QUOTE]

RESIDENT EVIL DEAD AIM

Zone of Enders 2.
I win.

Seriously, its like they blew thier entire budget on an awesome looking game with great gameplay and realized they had no english voices. Would it have been that bad to leave Japanese in with subtitles? I hate companies that generalize the us gamer as, subtitles/not english = bad, "if it no english, me no likey, chineee speak baddd."
Damn that pisses me off.

Have at you!

I can't remember Richter's line at the start of the game, but it was so hilarious.

No, I've got it, but you guys may not have played the game, so you wouldn't know the entent of it's crapitude.

Shadow of Destiny.

The game is good, but how can anyone consider it an "interactive movie game" when the voice acting is so awful that people would walk out of the theater 2 minutes in?

The ones that annoy me the most are the monkey voices/noises from Super Monkey Ball 2. Arrggghhh they are so bad.

Tidus from FFX comes in second. I wanted to punch him in the face every time he opened his mouth.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Metal Gear Solid (1,2,3)

Playing MGS4 I almost put a knife through the TV, but I realized how much it costed and I pulled back.[/QUOTE]

I defy you to put an entire knife through a television set.

Robot Alchemic Drive

If it weren't for the voice actor for Mika Banhara, it would be bearable. But as it stands, that voice just launches the game straight to the top of the list.

[quote name='camoor']Soul Calibur 2

The WORST, hands down[/QUOTE]

I second that, it was like nails on a chalkboard after every fight, thankfully there was at least an option to change it to japanese....

Most games have poor voice acting.

[quote name='camoor']Soul Calibur 2

The WORST, hands down[/QUOTE]

R U OKAY?

Playing MGS4 I almost put a knife through the TV, but I realized how much it costed and I pulled back.[/QUOTE]

Can I borrow your time machine so I can play Metal Gear Solid 4 too?

Also...

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

Not one of the best VGCats comics but it does apply to this situation somewhat.

[quote name='Farny'][quote name='Astinus Majere']Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the worst I've heard.[/quote]Have at you!

I can't remember Richter's line at the start of the game, but it was so hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Richter: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!

Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.

Richter: Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!

Dracula: Perhaps the same can be said of all religions.

Richter: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.

Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

[quote name='989boi']Star Ocean Till the End of Time[/QUOTE]

I am going to disagree with this one. SOTtEoT had above average Voice. Some characters had meh voices but over all it had solid voice acting.

Wow, 4 is already out and to me this is probably one of the best series for voice overs. Snakes seems to match perfectly and the rest aren't too bad either.

[quote name='989boi']Star Ocean Till the End of Time[/QUOTE]

OMG :rofl:

Star Ocean Til the End of Time has excellent voice acting for all the primary characters.

Adray's VA is Beau Billingslea - Jet Black on Cowboy Bebop

Albel Nox is done by Crispin Freeman (VA for Fuma in X TV, Hideki in Chobits, also in Wolf's Rain and numerous others)

Nel Zelpher is Wendee Lee (Faye in Cowboy Bebop)

The guy that does Fayt Leingod is the same guy that did Kamui in X TV...

The guy that does Cliff is apparently Dave Wittenberg...Subaru Sumeragi in X TV

Now some of the secondary characters...they are weak. Especially Nel's 2 girl assistants or whatever they are.

Excellent dub job, all experienced anime dub VAs. Sometimes the writing is a little weird but you will get that from the translation. The only time I wince is those secondary characters and NPCs, the primaries are all great.

You are calling the VA's from Cowboy Bebop terrible VAs! :rofl: What do you want, fricking Morgan Freeman or something? You don't get much better than the Bebop VAs. And Crispin Freeman owns!

Bad voice acting is like, the aforementioned Castlevania SOTN, Soul Calibur II, etc. Now that's bad!

bread's done
Back