Games That Just Won't End (but you are compelled to finish)

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Ugh. I FINALLY finished Assassin's Creed II last night. I seriously didn't think it was ever going to end. Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 are waiting for me and I've been dying to play one of them (I think I'm going with Tomb Raider) but I felt compelled to finish Assassin's Creed II since I knew once I turned my attention elsewhere I was never going back.

I liked the game but I think it was about 10 hours too long. So what games are you guys in the middle of playing (and wishing you could move on to something else)?

Bioshock Infinite. I normally marathon games in a night but this one has been giving me headaches. Playing it in like 30-45 minute chunks.

Tales of Grace f... it's so long and I got so frustrated; I stopped playing the game months ago. But I'm at the final part of the game and I really want to know what happens in the story. I started playing it again today; haven't touched it since September :lol:
EDIT: Finally beat it :) 5/3/13 at 2:53am xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Tomb Raider was coming to a close when a very story-related climax took place. I was a bit taken back when instead of a final cutscene/credits, I was greeted with the final 1/4 of the game. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

The original Marvel: Ultimate Alliance felt very drawn out to me. My brother and I were pretty much tired of playing it when we still had four more areas to complete in the game. We managed to finish it, but once the game basically said "haha you suck, you didn't complete all this random bullshit and Earth is DOOOOOMED!" we were like "yeah....screw that."

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. It's dragging on and on (I play a lot of JRPGs, too, so that's saying something), but I still pluck away at it every so often.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Bioshock Infinite. I normally marathon games in a night but this one has been giving me headaches. Playing it in like 30-45 minute chunks.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna say this one but figured I'd get jumped on. I know the game is only 10-15 hours but damn was it just feeling drawn out an painful by the end. It really felt like there was a bunch of artificial filler in that last 5 hours or so.

The one that takes the cake for me is Unchained Blades. Got it when it went on sale on PSN.

The game itself is alright, but it's the same thing after another.....and alot of grinding. Put about 10 hours into it......and although I want to finish it.......eh

I'll add Red Faction: Armageddon to the list. I played it right before Assassin's Creed II and I was ready for it to end about 3 hours before it actually did. It was good though in hindsight.

I'm going to go back way in the day for this one......Castlevania SOTN! I first played this when I was 13 and when I beat the castle I finally breathed with a sigh of relief until I found out I had to the beat the castle again inverted....

Batman: Arkham City... took me months of playing it on and off. There were a lot of things I liked about the game but the fighting, especially toward the end, just dragged on and on and on... I just wanted it to end.

Surprised to see Infinite mentioned, I tore through that game in three nights and thought the pacing was perfect, like a roller coaster ride.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Batman: Arkham City... took me months of playing it on and off. There were a lot of things I liked about the game but the fighting, especially toward the end, just dragged on and on and on... I just wanted it to end.

Surprised to see Infinite mentioned, I tore through that game in three nights and thought the pacing was perfect, like a roller coaster ride.[/QUOTE]

I might have to agree with you on Arkham City, at least on my second playthrough. I'll add Persona 3 in there too. Its a great game, I enjoy it while playing, but damn the grinding in order to advance the story has me hesitating. That, and when I finally thought I beat the game, the story goes into another arc. I don't know what to expect anymore!

[quote name='panzerfaust']Bioshock Infinite. I normally marathon games in a night but this one has been giving me headaches. Playing it in like 30-45 minute chunks.[/QUOTE]

Are you me? Why do we share the same opinion on things?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Batman: Arkham City... took me months of playing it on and off. There were a lot of things I liked about the game but the fighting, especially toward the end, just dragged on and on and on... I just wanted it to end.

Surprised to see Infinite mentioned, I tore through that game in three nights and thought the pacing was perfect, like a roller coaster ride.[/QUOTE]

I have had Batman: AC for some time and while I thought AA was enjoyable, there is just something about AC that makes it boring to me.

As for the game that game that won't end, but I want to finish is SWTOR. Only touched three of the eight stories and there is still soo much more to do!

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and almost any other game where "We know where the enemy is, but let's take time out to do some personal side missions first."

[quote name='eldergamer']Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and almost any other game where "We know where the enemy is, but let's take time out to do some personal side missions first."[/QUOTE]

God, those are the worse. ME3 suffers from that big time.

People will probably disagree with me, but I felt Skyrim was to long. Every time I thought I was close to the end...nope you must go here now.

[quote name='Bug42']People will probably disagree with me, but I felt Skyrim was to long. Every time I thought I was close to the end...nope you must go here now.[/QUOTE]

Skyrim was incredibly short if you just do the main quest. Everything else makes it extremely long.

[quote name='j-cart']God, those are the worse. ME3 suffers from that big time.[/QUOTE]
But the personal side missions are the best part of a BioWare game. :lol:

[quote name='Rodimus']Tales of Abyss took me a span of 3 years to beat. I really liked it but I was so relieaved when it was done.[/QUOTE]

Oh god is it really long? I just started the 3DS version :lol:

[quote name='Bug42']People will probably disagree with me, but I felt Skyrim was to long. Every time I thought I was close to the end...nope you must go here now.[/QUOTE]
True but this goes to all RPG games, there are the main mission and then the side quests.

bread's done
Back