Games to play with a G/F?

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Alright, so I just went in and re-purchased a PS2 because there are games I still have to get through this generation before moving on to the next. My question is, what games would you suggest to play with my girlfriend? She likes platformers (loves Mario), puzzle games and cart racers.

**Please save your jokes, or at least say something REALLY funny if you can't resist.**

Thanks.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I thought you meant games to play with a guardian force.[/QUOTE]

Ha! See, funny and tasteful.

But no, I meant girlfriend.

[quote name='jaso']Ha! See, funny and tasteful.

But no, I meant girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

Chicks Dig super Monkey Ball.

I've also played a few games of Champions of Norrath with girls.

[quote name='Francis']Katamari Damacy? My girlfriend loved that one.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I know I can get that cheap, too.

Seconded on Super Monkey Ball and Katamari Damacy.

If you're looking to get a little action, put in a survival horror or fighting game. It's been proven that horror movies(and games to an extent) raise heart rate and blood pressure. After an hour, she'll be scared shitless and she'll need a strong man to keep her safe.

As for fighting games, just keep it simple. Don't forget to let her win once in a while. If you beat the crap out of her ten times in a row, chances are you'll be sleeping on the couch. I'd go with Soul Calibur II. It's cheap and it's a fun game to play casually. It'll get some of her aggression out and, who knows, it might transfer into the sack.

Hide the Sausage?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Girls tend to like music games, so I would suggest Guitar Hero. DDR is good too if she likes to dance. Karaoke Revolution, even.

She likes platformers (loves Mario), puzzle games and cart racers.

I can't think of any cart racers or platformers for PS2. There's a version of Lumines coming to PS2 soon, and that's actually my favorite puzzle game of all time.

I would also suggest survival horror games, but for a different reason. Girls tend to be open to this genre moreso than your typical action game. So, try Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. RE4 is a good game, but it's more action oriented than scary.

Top Spin and Virtua Tennis 2 are also girl-friendly.

The Adventures of Cookie and Cream for PS2. A CAG actually recommended this a while back in one of the old EB morning threads, and it's great for couples. Basically, it's a platformer w/puzzles played with two people sharing one controller (one person takes the left half, and the other person takes the right half), so you can play it all cozy and couple-y. It's not difficult (at least the first couple levels I got to weren't), and it's very colorful and cutesy. I had a lot of fun playing it with my bf.

Guitar Hero!!!! My wife hates gaming, period..........however, she made me buy a ps2 just to play Guitar Hero. I can assure you she'll love it.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']The Adventures of Cookie and Cream for PS2. A CAG actually recommended this a while back in one of the old EB morning threads, and it's great for couples. Basically, it's a platformer w/puzzles played with two people sharing one controller (one person takes the left half, and the other person takes the right half), so you can play it all cozy and couple-y. It's not difficult (at least the first couple levels I got to weren't), and it's very colorful and cutesy. I had a lot of fun playing it with my bf.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to check this out - I've never even heard of this game.

Thanks for the suggesstions, guys. Since I was already curious about checking it out myself, I may look into Guitar Hero in the near future. And that PS2 version of Lumines sounds intruiging as well.

I know this will get a laugh out of some...

But an open mind+Rez+girlfriend+trance vibrator+alcohol= fun for couples

Unfortunately... my current g/f doesn't agree.. but the last one did :)

MY wife and I had a blast playing Dynasty Warriors 4 together co-op. Also any action RPGs like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Xmen Lengends, etc if she'll go for that. If those are two complex, then maybe Gauntlet Dark Legacy, which we also enjoyed playing together. It's pretty much a straight button masher but fun.

My wife has played a few games with me, among her favorites are Psychonauts, Metal Slug 4 & 5, Taiko Drum Master, Space Channel 5 and We Love Katamari.

[quote name='Skylander7']I know this will get a laugh out of some...

But an open mind+Rez+girlfriend+trance vibrator+alcohol= fun for couples

Unfortunately... my current g/f doesn't agree.. but the last one did :)[/quote]

I'd love to try that out but I don't want to pay that much for something my girl will probably freak out about. In my experience, girls love freaky shit as long as it doesn't seem like it's been all planned out. If it's spur of the moment, it's on like Donkey Kong. This might seem kind of sleazy to her.

hide the salami, do it quick before she wakes up , if you do me maybe ill return the favor, lets invite your sister in on the fun...................

i think it depends on the girl in general the best thing to do is get a wide selection of games and show her what they play like or just give her a chance to play it on her own. tetris is a given as are many puzzle games but id say mix it up a bit maybe a platformer or 2 or an action game. ive knwn girls that were into the gta series more than i was and even enjoyed games like tenchu or ratchet and clank. it all really depends on the girl and hwo you approach getting her into the games. it takes alot of freakin patience though.

bread's done
Back