Games with the Best Boss Fights?

crzyboy88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
What games would you say have the best boss fights? I'm trying to find a new game and I want a game with some great boss fights.

So far, I would say the following had the best:

God of War series
No More Heroes
Shadow of the Colossus
Bayonetta

I know there's MANY more, but I'm stumped right now. What's your opinion?

Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy X and XII, Phantasy Star Online and Metroid Prime 2.

I know this is retarded to even mention, but maybe at an adolescent age it impacted me more. When I first played Pokemon Gold and got to the last battle at Mt. Silver, just to fight Red, I was in awe. You have no idea a fight is before you and you see a lone trainer at top. You talk to him and he responds with a "...", then the battle ensues. That's just one boss though.

Devil May Cry 3 has some of the most well designed, challenging, epic boss fights I've ever experienced in all my years of gaming.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']First and only game that comes to mind at the moment is Lost Planet 2.[/QUOTE]

The one that was in the demo was awesome, but other then that I didn't think they were that awesome.

Shadow of the Colossus of course.

Demon's Souls has some nice one's also, especially 3-3. I know what it is, but the guy I fought the first time was intense.

All have been mentioned in this thread already, however my favorite ones are:

Shadow of the Colossus
Metal Gear Solid series
God of War Series
Bayonetta
No More Heroes
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Contra 3: The Alien Wars

Metal Gear Solid, the one that stands out of those the most for me though was the sniper fight with The End.

Surprised no one's mentioned that 7 form boss from Gunstar Heroes. Edit: scratch that, someone mentioned Treasure

Throw in a vote for Planescape Torment.

Because the real boss fight is the conversation before the boss fight.

I loved he final fight in Wind Waker, too.

Why does everyone keep referencing Shadow of the Colossus? The boss fights were practically all the same. Climb the beast, use your sword to find a weak spot, slaughter, repeat. After the first couple of them, it got to be a bore fest. Apparently that's just me though :/

I think the Ray vs Rex, and Snake vs Ocelot fights have been my favorite this generation. However, that's mostly just because of the sheer fan service.

I'd say the most impressive boss fight for me was the heli fight in uncharted 2. The only other thing that comes to mind are some of the RE5 boss fights (interesting because of the 2 player elements), and the Devil in Dante's Inferno. That was a fun fight- and the full frontal nudity was a funny touch.

This thread just reminded me that I need to buy the boss rush pack for Lost Planet 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back