Games you SWEAR you will FINISH but you know you NEVER will.

uh...lets see..
Armored Core 2, 3
R&C going commando (I'm at the last boss but dont feel like doing it since all my weapons are crap.)
Legend of Dragoon
Parasite Eve (I hope to finish eventually)
Carrier
Any GTA game
Kingdom Hearts (at the area with the last boss)
Star Ocean: TTEOT (working on it now, and enjoying it)
Burnout 3 (I suck....well I could do it but dont feel like finishing it)
DW4 XL: I just bought this yesterday and dont think I'll touch it again

Thats all that I can think of off the top of my head

Games I've started, but never finished:

GBA
Advance Wars - I was on the last stage, and I let my newphew start a new game forgetting you can only have one game at a time.
Golden Sun
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch - On the last guy

GameCube:
Eternal Darkness - I can't even remember how far I made it.
Metroid Pime - At the last boss, but I haven't touched in a couple years.
Star Wars Rogue Leader - I was on the last mission.

PlayStation:
Brave Fencer Musashi - Last boss
Chrono Cross - I think I made it past the intro.
Final Fantasy VIII - Disc 2
Xenogears - Disc 2, I think

PS2:
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Half-Life - Played it for 8 hours one day "quick-saving" the whole time, but never realized "quick-saving" was not REALLY saving to the memory card.

GameBoy:
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Zelda: Oracle of Ages

N64:
Zelda: Majora's Mask

man, where do I start......... how about 95% of my 400 game collection I pop in to watch the intro and then play about 5 minutes of it and then it just sits on my shelf.......***** some games I don't even make it past the title screen***

of the 5% I actually play consistently are sports games (NBA 2k6)

Final Fantasy VII: made it to the last boss and then my game save got deleted
Legend of Dragoon: got to disk 4 and then never played it again - game is just sitting there

An easier question for me to answer is what games I have beaten in my 400+ game collection: Final Fantasy X, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Halo, Final Fantasy XI

I got to the last boss in Paper Mario TTYD and apparently hadn't done enough levelling up to be able to finish. Exact same thing happened with BG&E, which sucks because I love both of those games.

Where to start? I guess it's best to break them down by system:

PS1

Chrono Cross (Solved Chrono Trigger but this one didn't feel the same)
Final Fantasy IX (Solved FF 1, 2, 3, 7, & 8 but got a little tired of the same thing)

PS2

Final Fantasy X (Good game but don't have much patience or time for RPGS anymore)
Kingdom Hearts (Loved the graphics, atmosphere but not the controls/ gameplay)
SOCOM: Navy Seals (After dying 40+ minutes into a mission and having to start over, I'll pass)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Great game and still working on it but I always hit a tough mission, which I get tired of replaying for the 10th time)

Xbox

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Kind of dull, lousy camera)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Really do like the game, just don't have the patience like I used to during tough spots)
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (Beautiful game but choppy framerate and horrible loading times)
The Thing (Cool atmosphere but the controls are a little goofy)
Timesplitters 2 (Just preferred the deathmatch features better than the campaign)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (Got tired of being overrun by thousands of North Koreans who can all shoot you a mile away in the dark, without night vision :bomb: )
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 (See Ghost Recon 2 and replace "North Koreans" with "terrorists" :bomb: )
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Awesome game with frustrating difficulty and little save points/ Still working on it, though because it is a great game)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Best version and a wonderful game/ Still working on it)
Jade Empire (Beautiful graphics but the gameplay has actually gotten a little old/ A tad overrated by game reviewers/ Still working on it)

Gamecube

Resident Evil (Actually just got it from Ebay/ Loved the original and I think I'll enjoy this one)
Resident Evil Zero (Still working on it but after playing and finishing RE4, I'm spoiled and I don't know if I can still deal with the old control scheme)

Some of these are still great games, I just don't have the time or patience like I used to.

Wow... sweet topic. But it makes me sad to realize how many games I haven't beaten.

PS2:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3- Ok I dunno whats up but damn terrorists kill me before I ever see them in this game. Got pissed stopped playing.

Tenchu Wrath of Heaven- Awesome stealth kills... but thats about it. Nothing motivating me to finish.

Viewtiful Joe- Stuck on some boat level with huge missles that you can't touch. Got bored.

Onimusha 3- I WILL FINISH THIS GAME!

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time- Bought at release, got about 40 hours into it, for some reason I haven't played anymore. I think I may finish this one too.

Xenosaga- Great story, but I have a knack for avoiding battles and lucking out on bosses, so now I'm at the point where I have to power level to beat the evil Junior and power leveling is meh.

Final Fantasy X-2- Wow.. bought at launch, most dissapointing game I have ever owned. Story was boring, game was much to femenine and corny. NO SUMMONS WTF!!!

Devil May Cry- This game just kicks my ass. I want to beat it but I'm stuck towards the end of the game and I get killed for too often for it to be enjoyable.

Jak II- Don't know where to go next (mission map is messed up) got bored of trying to fight off cops.

XIII- Fun Multiplayer, ok story. Bought an Xbox and Halo 2 took over my FPS genere.

La Pucelle Tactics- This is one of those huge rpg's that I just don't have the time for.

.hack//INFECTION- Stuck on final boss. I can get to him but everyone dies and then he finishes me off in like 4 hits.

Xbox-
NONE! WOOOOOO

Gamecube-
Tales of Symphonia- Wow... 80 hours into this game and even the battles are beginning to get old. Had to take a break, but now I doubt if I'll come back.

Baten Kaitos- Pretty much the same as TOS.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle- Camera pisses me off to no end. Can't play.

Metroid Prime- Amazingly boring for a FPS. More running around and scanning stuff than anything else. Got morph ball ability and quit playing.

THE END.

I usually don't play games to completion unless I really like them. most RPGS i play till its over. but one I'll probably never get is 100% on Burnout 3.. i'm in the high 90%s. but I just can't seem to get the last few gold medals. I love that game though.. probably more than revenge.

Ill probably never get around to finishing Klonoa 2.. got to the last world and just stopped ..

Every game I buy:(
I have only finished like 1 game in the last 2 years. I didn't use to be like this. When I was younger, I would finish like 90% of the games I got. I don't want to admit I have adhd, because I didnt use to, but I fear I may be developing it since games do not hold my attention as well as they use to.
I usually get 3/4 of the way through it or more and stop right before I finish. WTH is wrong with me?

The one that stands out in my mind are Resident Evil Zero and REmake. I'm a huge fan and got the games in March. Promised myself that I would finish both during summer where I dont have school but never got around to beating at least one of them.

Every single one in my collection!

Here we go:

PlayStation 2
- Wild Arms 3
- Xenosaga: Episodes 1 & 2
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Maximo: Ghosts to Glory/Army of Zin
- Dark Cloud 1 & 2
- Fantavision
- Star Wars Jedi Starfighter

Xbox
- Star Wars: KOTOR 1 & 2

Gamecube
- Megaman X: Command Mission
- Zelda: Collector's Edition
- Paper Mario 2
- Star Wars Rogue Leader
- Pikmin

PlayStation
- Final Fantasy 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, @ 9
- Xenogears
- Wild Arms 1 & 2
- Parasite Eve 1 & 2
- Chrono Trigger/Cross
- Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
- Silent Hill

PSP
- Star Wars Battlefront 2

DS
- Mario Kart DS

Well, there you go.

killer7(i'm half way through)
shadow hearts(i'm about 8/10 done)
lunar silver star(just started)
lunar eternal blue
chocobo dungeon
we love katamari

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']
Breath of Fire 3 - I got like 50 hours into it.. The save is from like 7 years ago, I sold the game, then rebought it. Apparently I didn't level up high enough because the last dungeon is kicking my ass.
[/QUOTE]

No, the last dungeon always kicks your ass, then you buy some good weapons, some armor, level up for a while and it becomes a cakewalk.

I've got a lot of games I "should" finish but the only game I really swear that I'll finnish but haven't gotten around to is Legend of Legaia. First time through I got about 70% of the way through, then I deleted the save on accident and I've never been able to get into it since then.

One game I think I should finish is Sonic Adventure 2. I already went through the first and couple of other sega produced 3D adventure games (such as JGR), but I'm at this stupid knuckles boss and it was just too much of a pain to desire playing.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Onimusha 3
Viewtiful Joe
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne

Pretty much all non-rpgs I own, really... most of them are older side-scrollers you have to beat in 1 sitting. I don't have that time.

And sadly, probably Shadow Hearts 2 and Suikoden 2. I love them both, but they got set aside in favor of my DVD backlog... and I've forgotten what I was doing. Curses!!

biggest offenders are Doom 3, painkiller, and far cry. I can't seem to finish any of them.

I am getting a new graphics card later this week so throwing some new eye candy and turning the res. and AA and AF all the way up and looking at the pretty pictures might provide some encouragement.

Wow, long lists.

Let's see:
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 3
Shin Megami Nocturne
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
007 Everything or Nothing
Mercenaries
Fable
Prince or Persia: Warrior Within (got sick of the back and forth traveling through time)

Most turned based RPG's

However out of my collection it would be
Kingdom hearts
viewtiful joe
Wind waker
Gran turismo 4
Halo 2-i t makes me motion sick the 1st one did not, and it's the first game in a long time to make me feel this way.

I can understand a lot of these games, especially the RPGs and the collect over 200 hundred thingy games (like Wario Ware, Gran Turismo and other like that). But, quite a few of these games are relatively short, like Metal Gear Solid games and Onimusha.

Let's see off the top of my head.....

Mario vs. DK : Got bored

Dark Cloud 2: I got obssesed with this game and made it all the way to Chapter 7. Had to stop for school and when I tried to get back into I was completely lost. I'll finish it off one day.

Final Fantasy X-2: Story + Gamplay left me feeling cold and I hate the fact that you have to get 100% to get the best ending cause there's SO MUCH to do and most of it is mehtastic. I feel I should complete since I completed and liked FFX but I just don't think I'm up to it.

Dragon Quest II: This was part of that Dragon Quest I + II pack for the GBC (or GBA). I beat DQ I but I eventually got bored halfway through II. I doubt I'll ever get back to it.

Mario Golf Advacne Tour: Never got used to the new play mechanics and I loved the GBC version. Perhaps I'll get back to this one.

My biggest is Shenmue. I just can't see myself playing it but I keep thinking that I will finish it eventually. Also I have some SNES RPGs and some GB games.

Ultima V.

Pretty much I am notorious for getting 80-90% and then dropping games. I just get frustrated easily.

I'm actually quite good at finishing games. The only ones I can think of are Zelda: Wind Waker (it pissed me off, I'm about 75% in), and Chrono Cross. I just couldn't get in to CC, I really WANTED to like it.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I am notorious for getting 80-90% and then dropping games. I just get frustrated easily.[/QUOTE]

When I get frustrated, I visit gamefaqs.com and cheat until I beat the game. Then I sell it.

I don't like leaving games unfinished, even if I have to cheat to accomplish that goal.

In my queue:

Splinter Cell: CT (need to start over)
Dynasty Warriors 4
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Probably 3 or 4 FF (FF IV, FF9 for sure)
Chrono Trigger
DK64
Zelda: OOT Master Quest

Gave up on:
Onimusha 2
Spiderman
Metroid Prime 2
GTA: San Andreas

There's probably more too...

Way too many for me to list. I probably have yet to beat around 60% of my collection. Sad really. Back in the SNES days, I used to only buy games after I finsih them. Now with CAG, I buy games that are cheap, pop them in when I get them, and then they just sit on my shelf.

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

I am in the last dungeon, about 3 mini bosses from the last boss, and I can't beat any of them. The way the game is as well, I can't go back to get more healing items unfortunely.

[quote name='asianxcore']Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. I am in the last dungeon, about 3 mini bosses from the last boss, and I can't beat any of them. The way the game is as well, I can't go back to get more healing items unfortunely.[/QUOTE]
This will teach you to keep multiple saves. You should have saved just prior to the last dungeon, that way you could step backward, do some training, and go visit the shops. ('Course it's also lousy game design to not let the player leave the final dungeon.)

'Course if you level up high enough, you won't need healing items (the characters will so strong as to be virtually unbeatable). So my advice is to start do some random fighting, raise yourself about 10 levels until your unbeatable, and then go tackle the boss.

I have started all of these, but I'm not sure if I will finish any of them:

LoZ- The WindWaker
Disgaea
Persona 1 & 2
Hoshigami
Kingdom Under Fire
Star Ocean - Till the end of time
.hack series

Dragon Warrior 7, I have over 60 hours but I haven't but in that little extra effort to finish it. I swear I'll finish it though!

I am going to try FF7 again... (for the &^$!^&!$*#$%*^! times). Bad luck always strikes when I play this game (either on PC/laptop or ps1/ps2: memory card issue or hard drive dying on me, or Laptops LCD gone crazy). ANyway. I always get to disc 2 and cant seems to finish (because of the bad luck I guess). Imma try to install it now. (I have played ff7 using the following video cards: Ati Rage 128, Nvidia Geforce2GTs, Nvidia Geforce4mx440, Geforce2go, Nvidia Geforce ti 4200 128mb 8x, Nvidia Geforce 4600 128mb, Ati 9600 pro, and now Ati x1800 XL.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']Super Mario Sunshine, I just can't get into the water pack/gun.[/QUOTE]
Same game. I can't get past that level that you go to when you look into the sun.

Iim gonna toss this one down. Dragon Quest 8. I'm about half way through it and I know when I get my 360 I will ignore this game. Sad isn't it. :(

Here it is for me:

Dragon Warrior VII: I probably put 90 hours into disc one (I fell asleep a couple of times while playing it). It destroyed my ability to play games with random battles

Otogi II: I loved the first one, but just never got back to the second

Pikmin II: I love the damned game, but I wanted to get EVERYTHING. I guess I've beaten it, but haven't fully gotten 100% yet.

Baiten Kaitos: I'm on what I assume is the final area, but just put it down for some reason.

Gradius V: It's a beotch, but great

bread's done
Back