Games your surpised skipped this generation

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
With digital distribution on consoles I thought almost everything with any sort of fan base would have been put out. What games are you surprised never came out or got some sort of sequel on this generation on consoles?
The two that jump to my mind are Chu Chu Rocket and PowerStone. Chu Chu Rocket seemed like an unbelievable no brainer for XBLA.

Chu Chu Rocket was released on iOS. I have it and am not really sure what the big deal is with it. It's alright. Can't see why it would need a console release. :shrug:

Suikoden (Nintendo DS game dont count) series I thought at the very least would of been released on the PS3. The series has a huge cult following, I would see no reason not to release a new game in the series.

Kingdom Hearts 3. Initially, it was the reason I thought I "needed" a PS3 (since they had always been exclusive). I can't believe this console generation is going on 6 years (7 for Xbox 360) and there still hasn't been a proper Kingdom Hearts sequel. All the shootoff games were ok, but just the thought of skipping this home console generation entirely seems insane.

[quote name='crunchewy']Chu Chu Rocket was released on iOS. I have it and am not really sure what the big deal is with it. It's alright. Can't see why it would need a console release. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I'm talking only consoles. If you played online on the Dreamcast it was an absolute blast. It still might be the most intense multi player I've played. Thinking your gonna win and the other players crashing cats into your rocket....

Just off the top of my head..

Crimson Skies 2
F-Zero
Conker 3
Jet Set Radio 3
Champions of Norrath 3
Killer 7 sequel
Manhunt 3 (Not counting the Wii port)
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 3
Bully 2
Timesplitters 4
Black 2
Dark Cloud 3
Eternal Darkness 2

Quite depressing.

Shenmue sequel or HD release
Seaman 2 or HD kinect release
KOTOR 3
Jade Empire 2

I'll edit with more as I think of some.

I've wanted Crimson Skies 2 so bad. And I am surprised about KOTOR 3 and Jade Empire dying off but that probably has more to do with the Star Wars license. I never played Jade Empire but from the reviews it should have been a series that lived on.

Mech Assault

While the Mechwarrior franchise was imploding along with Wizkids, both Mech Assault games sold really well for the first Xbox. I'm amazed that there wasn't any kind of followup for this generation.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Mech Assault

While the Mechwarrior franchise was imploding along with Wizkids, both Mech Assault games sold really well for the first Xbox. I'm amazed that there wasn't any kind of followup for this generation.[/QUOTE]

I knew I was forgetting one....a current gen Mech Assualt would have been killer.

X-Men Legends, even though it spawned into Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'd kill for a new game but I'd definitely settle for ports of the Xbox versions with online play. The one time I want Activision to rape my wallet they refuse!

Definitely Timesplitters 4, Power Stone and Shenmue. I never played the second one, but I'm kind of shocked that neither have been ported as XBLA titles. Same goes for Power Stone -- but Power Stone 2 was far superior, IMO.

[quote name='crunchewy']Chu Chu Rocket was released on iOS. I have it and am not really sure what the big deal is with it. It's alright. Can't see why it would need a console release. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

It was the firs online console game. iOS only has local multiplayer I think

[quote name='KingBroly']Final Fantasy
Metroid
Onimusha
Star Fox
The Last Guardian
Banjo-Kazooie[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there Metroid on the Wii?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Syphon Filter comes to mind. I always enjoyed those games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Syphon filter[/QUOTE]

This is false.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Wasn't there Metroid on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

They re-released Prime 1 and 2, if that's what you mean.

[quote name='KingBroly']They re-released Prime 1 and 2, if that's what you mean.[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption came out in 2007 I believe.

[quote name='Doomtime']Metroid Prime 3: Corruption came out in 2007 I believe.[/QUOTE]

And Other M, which I liked a lot more than most.

[quote name='Poor2More']Suikoden (Nintendo DS game dont count) series I thought at the very least would of been released on the PS3. The series has a huge cult following, I would see no reason not to release a new game in the series.[/QUOTE]

Definitely Suikoden. I thought V was pretty damn good actually.

I am still surprised that CAPCOM hasn't released Powerstone on XBLA and PSN. There is such a demand for it and I think it would do well.

I think PSN kinda dropped the ball with PSone and PS2 digital releases, they could certainly be supporting it more. There's just so many good games that aren't on the service.

rallisport challenge
mech assault
crimson skies
star wars battlefront
kotor (although I'll let kotor pass since bioware made mass effect instead and blew me away)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII. I'm totally in the minority on this. I just did a search and found out it was released on PC in Japan in 2/12, had no idea it even existed.

No I'm just going to be sad it will never be ported over.

Although I didn't really expect a standalone, retail release sequel, I'm really surprised and disappointed that we never got some sort of Phantom Dust XBLA release. When Xbox 1 XBL died the original had most of its appeal lost.

[quote name='lordopus99']
Ico/SOTC (will it ever see the light of day?)[/QUOTE]

? Ico and Shadow of the Colossus got re-released on the PS3 in a collection with vastly improved framerates. This was exactly what fans of those two games had been clamoring for. While it would be nice to see The Last Guardian finally released, this collection was a respectable consolation prize.

Mostly just Nintendo stuff:

WaveRace
F-Zero
Pikmin 3 (originally a Wii title)
Luigi's Mansion 2 (why this is on 3DS, when the Wii has a pointing wand, is beyond me)

I'm actually glad they held out on the first three. They'll look so much cooler in HD.

Not surprised at the absence of these two given the originals bombed but would have loved:
Eternal Darkness 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2

Then you have Rare who went to shit after MS bought them. Would have loved to see:
Blast Corps. 2
Jet Force Gemini 2

I'm just surprised there hasn't been a good space shooter. A console version update of X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter wold be amazing or a new Colony Wars game.

I'm not surprised that anything but shooters and 3rd person action/sandbox games were produced this generation.

Companies just had to rehigher the same guys to make the same game with different level designs on variants of the unreal engine -> save money -> charge 60 a pop -> profit

True standouts had story elements to the tired gameplay to keep you entertained. MW1&2, Unchart series, GoW, GearsofW, etc

Games your surpised skipped this generation.

The title of this thread provided enough entertainment. English, how does it work?

[quote name='Richard Kain']? Ico and Shadow of the Colossus got re-released on the PS3 in a collection with vastly improved framerates. This was exactly what fans of those two games had been clamoring for. While it would be nice to see The Last Guardian finally released, this collection was a respectable consolation prize.[/QUOTE]

It was in reference to Last Guardian. You know the title that was shown two or three E3s ago that lost its director.

[quote name='lehviput']Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII. I'm totally in the minority on this. I just did a search and found out it was released on PC in Japan in 2/12, had no idea it even existed.

No I'm just going to be sad it will never be ported over.[/QUOTE]

ROTK 12 is getting a ps3 and Wii U release next month in Japan. It's also apparently terrible, fan response hasn't been good and it's made me sad. :(

bread's done
Back