Games you've played multiple times through

RedvsBlue

CAGiversary!
Title says it all, any games that you've played through multiple times? I don't mean multiplayer or puzzle games but mostly games with a storyline.

For me it would have to be Metal Gear Solid. I think I played it through 3 times in a row when I first got it when it came out. I've played it at least once or twice through since then. I'm not sure why but I just love the storyline and gameplay. For the most part though, especially lately, once I beat a game I rarely go back to it.

See the signature.

Other favorites would include all of the other LA adventure games, plus (if this counts) would be logging over 100 hours on MvsC2 for Dreamcast.

Metal Gear Solid
Marvel Versus Capcom 2
Chrono Trigger/Cross (majorly this one. Can't say it enough. Probably beat them together 30 times for the multiple endings.)
Pokemon
KOTOR
Metroid Prime
Goldeneye
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Smash Bros. Melle.
Tekken 3
Tekken Tag Tournament

etc.

Bionic Commando (NES) 10x+
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) 5x
Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) 2x
Star Wars Kotor (XB) 2x
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division (PC) 2x
Crystalis (NES & GBC) 3x
Contra (NES) 10x+
Strider (NES) 3x
Halo (XB) 10x+
Goldeneye (N64) 4x

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ace Combat 4

The game is pretty short, even shorter when you know the levels and have the better planes. It's still fun though. AC5 is even better.

Star Ocean 2. I lost count of how many times I've beaten it.

Star Ocean 1. 2 or 3 times.

Valkyrie Profile: Once on each difficulty.

Silent Hill (1, 2, and 3) - 4x each at least
Resident Evil (REmake and 2) - 3x each
Halo - 2x
GTA 3 - 2x
GTA VC - 3x
GTA SA - 2x

Hmmm... short list:
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Final Fantasy X
Diablo
Knights of the old Republic (well not quite yet, but really, really, really close)
Super Mario Brothers
SMB 2
SMB 3
hmm... ok i know there's more... especially on the older consoles... I'll get back to this...

I've played through Rez every month since it's release, but since it's short, I'm not sure if I could count it. Next up, though would be Metal Gear Solid.

Silent Hill 2 - played it at least 6 times and saw all the endings.

Sakura Wars - played so many versions of the original, probably more than 10 times already. This classic never gets old.

Fatal Frame - played several times to get the unlockables. The original is damn scary even on replays.

Illbleed - even after unlocking everything and maxing out on all character upgrades, this game is still tons of fun. Disarm traps or set them off on purpose... battle with scary bosses and enemies... tons of B-movie humor!

Patlabor Game Edition - what can I say, I love Patlabor!

Hm..

KOTOR / KOTOR 2 - had to be evil..then good
Fable
Halo 2 (Finally made it in Heroic, working on legenary)
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Donkey Kong Country
Star Fox

Wow, and I thought I played video games too much. Of course I have a short attention span so I spread it around when it comes to playing different games. Two weeks ago it was Shin Megami, last week was Madden Franchise mode, and this week it seems to be Kingdom under Fire...

Well, since I'm shocked nobody else has said it yet... Rez. I've played the hell out of that game.

Also Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Wing Commander games, Suikoden II, and most of the Legacy of Kain series. I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones at the top of my head

Mainly NES titles...

Zelda
Zelda 2
SMB3
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Final Fantasy
Dragon Warrior
Metroid
Zelda for SNES

Clearly, I used to have more time and fewer good games back in the day. Can't think of any games from 16-bit on other than Zelda that I played through more than once.

Space Channel 5... a lot. So much that I can anticipate the patterns... what can I say I'm a sucker for music games.

Way too many to count, but here is a few...

*=Beat over 10 times

Goldeneye (N64)
Donkey Kong Country Series (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. / World Series (SNES)*
Halo (XBOX) (NOT Halo 2)
The Getaway (PS2)
Half-Life (PC,PS2)
Max Payne 2 (XBOX,PC,PS2) *
Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb (XBOX,PC,PS2)*
Red Dead Revolver (XBOX)
Psi-Ops (XBOX)
Max Payne (XBOX,PC)*
Perfect Dark (N64)
Many Lucasarts Adventure Games (PC)*
Many Sierra Adventure Games (PC)
Dead to Rights (XBOX)
Syphon Filter (PS)
Sonic the Hedgehog Series (GEN)*
Super Mario RPG (SNES)*

Max Payne
MGS, MGS2, MGS3
Onimusha( on third playthrough, this time with the sword :lol: )
Resident Evil
NOLF 2

I think that is it for this generation. Many I have played 1.5 times, but I never end up finishing them

If sports games count (someone mentioned Madden franchise mode), then I've done 10+ seasons of Winning Eleven Soccer 6 and 7 each. Hands down, game of the year (WE7)!

I've played
[5 - Most]
[1 - Least]

PC
Diablo II (once played 4 days straight w/o sleep, except to take food, or bathroom breaks) [5]

Xbox
Halo [4]
Dead or Alive 3 [3]
Project Gotham Racing [2]

N64
Goldeneye (countless times you won't believe) [10]
Mortal Kombat Trilogy [4]
WWF Wrestlemania 2000 / No Mercy [5]
Super Smash Bros. [4]
SF Rush 2 [3]

SNES
Kirby's Dream Course (first game) [4]
Donkey Kong Country (one of my top games, hell I mastered every secret everywhere) [3]
Mega Man X [4]
Super Mario World [5]

Game Boy (lol, only reason I bought GBC [$99.99) was to play Pokemon, and I only bought 2 games)
Pokemon Red (3 years straight at school) [5+]
Pokemon Yellow [4]

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

I think that is it for this generation. Many I have played 1.5 times, but I never end up finishing them[/quote]

That's me too. I can't even think of all the games where I thought I liked it enough to play through again but then quickly lose interest.

OK. Well, a lot of RPGs I've played through a lot, just not neccessarily beat. Like, for instance, Final Fantasy 8. I think I've got to halway through the disk on that game a half a dozen times. I always lose interest, though..

I've got really far in Crono Trigger a number of times, never beat it.

Played -- although never beaten -- Earthbound a ton of times.

Final Fantasy VII I know I've at least beat twice...

Um....yeah, very few games I've actually played through completely multiple times...

I've beaten ratchet and clank 1-3 at least 3 times each, had to get all those bolts for those maxed out weapons and developer crap, realll the only game series i play though multiple times rather quickly

[quote name='gamefreak117']I've played
Diablo II (once played 4 days straight w/o sleep, except to take food, or bathroom breaks) [5]
[/quote]

LMFAO. Reminds me of when I first got Morrowind...

The only game I've played through more than once on the current gen is Splinter Cell. Beat it on normal and played through almost the entire thing again on hard.

Games drop in price so quickly now (maybe because discs are a lot less expensive to produce than carts?) that I'd rather buy a new game for $10 or less to play fresh than play through a game I have a 2nd time.

Going back to old school systems there are probably quite a few games I've played multiple times.

Final Fantasy
SMB (all of them)
Mario 64
Wave Race 64

Lots of others I'm sure.

all the classic Nintendo titles, usually again on my GBA

Metroid, SMB 1,2,3, World, Mario 64

Contra, Wizards & Warriors

Sim City, Civilization

Diablo 2 multiple times with mutiple characters
Metal Gear Solid 2
Most fighting games where you had to beat it with different characters
Tony Hawk games with different characters
Contra for NES
Twisted Metals
I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them now.

Freedom Fighters
MGS 1,2,3
Castlevania SOTN

Diablo II - man like every character multiple times ... still playing

And basically everything I had on the NES when I was a kid.

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (PS2)
I'm currently playing Champions of Norath and I've started over twice (after being about half way through) for various reasons. It doesn't work on PS2s that are on their last legs (i.e. can't read dvd-coded games).
Great game though if you like that kind of stuff.

One summer when I was 10 or so, my parents only allowed me to play video games for one hour each day. I ended up playing Rygar on the NES every day. It was the only game we had at the time that you could beat in just under an hour. It is by far the only game I have played through many, many times...ever more so than SMB.

Contra-Nes

Kingdom hearts-2x
KOTOR-3x, good, bad, female bad
Suikoden 3-2x needed an rpg fix
Baldurs Gate D.A.- beat itprobably 4 or 5 times with and without friends

Pretty much all the Resident Evil and Silent Hill games I've played multiple times through, with probably RE2 being the one I've played through the most.

bread's done
Back