Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='gizmogc']As this has been already mentioned several times in this very thread, it will be available WHEN THE GAME COMES OUT.[/QUOTE]

If I'm going to be on vacation the week the game comes out, I guess I'll miss out on the bag?

Does anyone know what the bag looks like, exactly? I didn't ask about it, but I hope they give me one when I pick it up.

nd7py.jpg

To those of you getting discourage.. all I can say is hang on for a few more days. As it says in the first post, the coupon should be out in a few days.

And if it's not, go to your local EB and ask them where to get the coupon. If they can't tell you forsure, then say you think it's poor practice. Threaten to report this to the Better Business Bureau... maybe then they'll just manually override it or do something about it.

Now this coupon from Streetwise...will it be an e-mail coupon or an ACTUAL coupon delivered through snail-mail? Has the 'streetwise' crew done anything like this before (a deal requiring a coupon), and if so, is each coupon unique?

That's kind of depressing that they're not organized as a whole and stores 2 miles from each other have different takes on the deal. That kind of sucks...

I called, and asked, they said the offer is available. I went in the next day. The guy looked it up in the comp. and said yup. Took him a while to actually do it though, like 5 mins. Whole time I was prayin' he wasn't goin to suddenly stop and say, "you need a coupon" or sumthin'. That would've sucked. I didn't even have to pay tax. What a freakin deal.

[quote name='Farny']That's kind of depressing that they're not organized as a whole and stores 2 miles from each other have different takes on the deal. That kind of sucks...[/QUOTE]

That's because we weren't supposed to know about this deal.. I think the OP kinda jump started this because he never mentioned the coupon at first.

And I believe the coupon will be emailed to you.. if I get it, of course, I'll post it here.:D

I've been to EB two times for this deal. The first time the sales person said GBA Videos are not included in trade. Today I went back and everything was going smmothly, until there was a problem with the transaction in the computer. He began to call someone, while on the phone he transfered to another computer and saw that the "coupon" was required. I asked him where to obtain the coupon and the only thing he could tell me was "Streetwise Coupon #3091(I think this is the coupon nuber, but don't quote me:)); he also said I could try EB's website for the coupon. I signed up at Streetwise and am now a member of the EB Games V2.0 - eTeam. So I'm going to wait for the coupon before I hit up my other EBgames. Also if Vinny doesn't get a link up for some reason I'll be the fallback guy. You can continue trying your EB's seeing as how it all depends on the staff, the deal is in the system so that is no excuse. If someone can't find it they're f'ing lazy or have been restricted by management, which is never a good sign at any gamestore for an employee.

Feel free to beat me to it if you find it... I think as of now, I think more people are worried about the coupon than anything else.:lol:

[quote name='gizmogc']
nd7py.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The best part about the bag is that little red paw, which isnt a keychain but a cleaning pad for the touch screen. Either that or i jsut get excited over stupid things

[quote name='Santurio']has anybody in Dallas gotten this deal to work? Where?[/QUOTE]

I would love to know as well.

Tommorow Im gonna hit up the Stonebriar Mall and Collin Creek Mall EBGames stores (while im at work at gamestop lol)

I have a strong feeling I will be getting this game for $30 for a few reasons:

1. Closest EB couldn't find it in the computer yet.
2. I might not get a streetwise coupon, and then I need 4 games for the deal.
3. 3 games=$15+tax OOP, 4 games=$22+tax OOP
4. I'm going away on the 23rd (day it comes in) for a week.
5. The deal would only save me $8-$15. I need to spend $5 on gas. Then I am saving $3-$10. To drive there, go to the EB, get the game, and then come home, it will take at least 45 minutes since it is a 15 minute drive there are back, and the store is in a mall.

In the end, it just doesn't seem worth the time to save $10 at most.

well, all you northern virginia people. sorry to keep you waiting. here's my story.

so i went to EBgames today in Springfield Mall. I went around 8:30pm. I had called prior to going. The guy said he knew about the deal but that he thought it was 3 DS games. He said he'd look it up... I waited. And he came back and said it's in fact 3 GBA games (obviously I knew this). I asked him if there were any exclusions and he stated that there were none. He mentioned no coupon. I didn't mention a coupon either. Obviously.

So I went there with my sister. She had picked up the GBA games yesterday. She got 2 from her boyfriend for free and bought 4 for $6 each. There were a couple of POX games in the stack. So I went up to the counter and asked if that guy was the one I had spoken to. He was. It's this asian guy with glasses.

So we start the process. He puts in the games, commenting a few times how it was such a good deal and how EB was going to be losing out on this deal. The 3 games that my sister chose for me to trade in were matt hoffman pro bmx, robotech macross saga (?), and dark arena. i think the bmx game was POX.

So he tells me I would have gotten a total of $2.00 for the games if I had just sold them to EB. Again he comments on the good deal.

He took all my information and asked me which version I wanted. And when he was going to finalize it, he hit something. And he was like... hrm... it seems like the system isnt taking this POX game. He then tried the other games my sister had just for the heck of it. So I say that I heard that some places manually upped the price to $10. He said that's what he was probably going to have to do.

So he does that. 2 games for $10.00 and 1 for $9.99. No EDGE card for me. He does the same for my sister.

So we walked away with the preorder slips in our hands. And boy am I glad I got it done today. 1) I'm going to Florida tomorrow for a week and 2) someone posted that the deal was going to be FOUR gba games for Nintendogs. I guess I made it just in time.

So anyways I can't say if the Fairfax EB works or not. But the Springfield one did work out with that one guy anyways.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']All the stores in the Berkeley / East Bay area know all about the deal, but refuse to do it without a coupon. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

One person got in from the east bay.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']
so i went to EBgames today in Springfield Mall. I went around 8:30pm. I had called prior to going. The guy said he knew about the deal but that he thought it was 3 DS games. He said he'd look it up... I waited. And he came back and said it's in fact 3 GBA games (obviously I knew this). I asked him if there were any exclusions and he stated that there were none. He mentioned no coupon. I didn't mention a coupon either. Obviously.

So I went there with my sister. She had picked up the GBA games yesterday. She got 2 from her boyfriend for free and bought 4 for $6 each. There were a couple of POX games in the stack. So I went up to the counter and asked if that guy was the one I had spoken to. He was. It's this asian guy with glasses.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, I think that's the same guy that I did the GT4 deal with on it's first day when I was travelling there on business (helps that there's a Best Buy close by). He was very helpful with that deal, though of course that one was much simpler since the computer actually did it for them correctly :D.

[quote name='zackattack']I don't think EB's computers do any pre-order deals automatically do they?
Good deal OP[/QUOTE]

On the GT4 deal I think it was automatic, wasn't it? At a few they were surprised it worked so I assumed it was an auto thing. And on this Nintendogs deal they seem to think it will happen automatically and then have to override the trade-in prices manually when it doesn't work. This is why people are getting flack for the POX GBA games - the clerks think that is what is holding up the deal, when it is really just that the deal is not in the system as stated (or it needs the mystery coupon). One of the EB's I called said if it was in the system the "computer would take care of it". Since we know THAT isn't true in this case I didn't bother with that store. But on GT4 they would scan your 3 games, scan a new GT4, and it would automatically discount GT4 to $34.99 and bump up the games to add up to $34.99.

Edit - Oh, now I see you were talking about preorder deals not being automatic. D'oh - that's what I get for posting at 4:15 AM - need to get some sleep :D. Still, most of the EB employees I've dealt with for this deal seem to think it would work automatically, so that part still holds :D. If it is true this doesn't work for preorders then many of them are under the wrong impression...

[quote name='zackattack']I don't think EB's computers do any pre-order deals automatically do they?
Good deal OP[/QUOTE]

For every tradein deal I've done at EB (probably 20-30 total) they have always been automatic . . . otherwise the deal wouldn't go through.

This is the second time (the first was during Black Friday and I traded in my PS2 and 5 games for the new one) . . . the Ndogs, the clerks are overriding the sys and putting in $10 on the value of the games . . . pretty crazy because I've always been told that the system rules.

When I did the PS2 tradein, I had the hardest time because the language of the ad didn't mention exclusions but the system wouldn't allow excluded ones. I didn't have any PO games at the time . . . but had 5 pretty crappy ones that I had gotten for $16 total. Anyway, I tried 3 times at my local but called another 30 min. away and the guy said "sure" so after I got there it took him 40 min. (with calls to manager . . .) to do it. I was going to be gone for 1 hr. and it took 2 1/2 . . . my wife was pissed.

But I did dump my original PS2 for a quiet little one . . . I swear mine was going to die soon.

[quote name='Lren']whoa im glad i did the deal when i did. They cant take it back now can they???[/QUOTE]

For all you know the games you traded are gone..

I mean if you are supposed to get it refunded you make sure to tell them you want the exact games you gave them becuase you want your saves back...

I would ifnd it extremely hard to believe that they could cancel it now..

I tried two more eb games yesterday and both were a no go. They said the coupon is needed...

There's only one EB games remotely where I'm at, so if they don't do this deal I'm totally out on it. I hope they give me good news today when I call them :cry:

I just did the trade in 4 NON POX games for Nintendogs that started today - they wouldn't take Fortress so I bought the Hobbit on the spot for 6 bucks and used it...moved my 5 bucks over to my preorder of We Love Katamari so I only owe 20 on it...

I called 7 stores (all within a 15 mile radius, Chicago Suburbs) and asked the same question each time : "Do you have a promotion to trade in 3 GBA games to get a copy of Nintendogs?" and I got the following responses:

1) "Yes, but it requires a coupon"
2) "Yes, but it requires a coupon, I've been looking for it too."
3) "Yes" then a call back in about 3 minutes telling me "You need a coupon, nobody knows where to get it though"
4) "No, I don't see it in the computer"
5) "No, try back later in the week"
6) "I don't think its going on anymore, call back tomorrow when the manager is in"
7) "Yes"

I went to store #7 last night with 9 GBA games just in case there were restrictions on which games could be traded in etc. Walk in, clerk asked if he could help me, and I mentioned the promotion. He checked the computer and was suprised to see the promotion, and said there were no restrictions on what games I could trade in, and then mentioned that it was a killer deal and that he would do it tomorrow. Then he said just pick 3 games I didn't want. I gave him all 9 and told him I wanted to pre-order all 3 versions. No problems. Walked out with 3 pre-orders & an edge card w/ 2.03 on it (SMB 3 traded in for $12 for some reason.).

This is definatly a store by store phenonemon, and not a whole lot of people are aware of the deal. Hopefully the coupon will emerge for those that can't find stores to take the deal without the coupon. Best of luck to you all.

Like I said before, the guy who I talked to was about to give up on the deal at the sight of "Streetwise Coupon". When they tell you you need a coupon, tell them that you've heard that others have been told by their manager's to override it. Ask them to call their managers. Be nice.

Also, it doesn't hurt to tell them that they have to override it when you're at the store. The guy who did it for me was really nice about it, and he even suggested buying and selling back at his store.

[quote name='samejgink']I called 7 stores (all within a 15 mile radius, Chicago Suburbs) and asked the same question each time : "Do you have a promotion to trade in 3 GBA games to get a copy of Nintendogs?" and I got the following responses:

1) "Yes, but it requires a coupon"
2) "Yes, but it requires a coupon, I've been looking for it too."
3) "Yes" then a call back in about 3 minutes telling me "You need a coupon, nobody knows where to get it though"
4) "No, I don't see it in the computer"
5) "No, try back later in the week"
6) "I don't think its going on anymore, call back tomorrow when the manager is in"
7) "Yes"

I went to store #7 last night with 9 GBA games just in case there were restrictions on which games could be traded in etc. Walk in, clerk asked if he could help me, and I mentioned the promotion. He checked the computer and was suprised to see the promotion, and said there were no restrictions on what games I could trade in, and then mentioned that it was a killer deal and that he would do it tomorrow. Then he said just pick 3 games I didn't want. I gave him all 9 and told him I wanted to pre-order all 3 versions. No problems. Walked out with 3 pre-orders & an edge card w/ 2.03 on it (SMB 3 traded in for $12 for some reason.).

This is definatly a store by store phenonemon, and not a whole lot of people are aware of the deal. Hopefully the coupon will emerge for those that can't find stores to take the deal without the coupon. Best of luck to you all.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen here and from experience at two seperate EBs. The managers seem to know about it and allow them to override.

I found another trade in deal for this game: trade in 300 bottles and cans at grocery stores in Michigan and get Nintendogs for free.;)

[quote name='BIG5']I found another trade in deal for this game: trade in 300 bottles and cans at grocery stores in Michigan and get Nintendogs for free.;)[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about that, after I saw that new EB commercial.

"This deal sucks for me, it's either I buy a ticket to Michigan or collect 300 more cans! Shucks!"

i didn't even think about this, but did anyone get the doggie bag when you pre-ordered the game? if i didn't get it the other day, would they give me one now? just curious.

[quote name='munch']i didn't even think about this, but did anyone get the doggie bag when you pre-ordered the game? if i didn't get it the other day, would they give me one now? just curious.[/QUOTE]

You will get it when you pick up the preorder on the day it comes out.

[quote name='BIG5']I found another trade in deal for this game: trade in 300 bottles and cans at grocery stores in Michigan and get Nintendogs for free.;)[/QUOTE]

As a Michigander, I'd do this, but I just traded in 2500 cans and bottles for a free PSP. ;)

[quote name='D. Monic']I just traded in 2500 cans and bottles for a free PSP. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's a whole lot of bottles and cans. How many trips did you make to the recycling center? Does you home smell like a recycling bin now? :D

[quote name='Farny']Like I said before, the guy who I talked to was about to give up on the deal at the sight of "Streetwise Coupon". When they tell you you need a coupon, tell them that you've heard that others have been told by their manager's to override it. Ask them to call their managers. Be nice.

Also, it doesn't hurt to tell them that they have to override it when you're at the store. The guy who did it for me was really nice about it, and he even suggested buying and selling back at his store.[/QUOTE]

Which store did you go to?

Well, the store was in Tyson's Corner, VA, but I'm sure anyone will call their manager just to make you happy. :)

The deal has just changed.

I walked in with my 3 games and the guy tells me the deal is 4 Non POX games and doesnt mention any coupon.

He showed me his print log of the company emails and it mentioned the deal as described (4 games) along with some other zelda offer now available as well (5 GC Games I believe).

I traded in

Worms World Party
Klonoa
Sonic Battle

and then I flipped

Treasure Planet ($5.3x w/edge card) and got the preorder.

The guy was kinda slow, but it worked and I'm not complaining.

Yeah, that's what the cashier girl told me today. Sports games or really old games won't count towards it. I asked about the videos and she said she wasn't sure but didn't think they would work either. Still not a bad deal though. I'll see if I can find some crappy games to trade in.

The Zelda offer was trade in any 5 non-POX games and get Zelda: Twilight Princess for free.

Yes, looks like the 4 GBA for NDogs ($30) is automatic in the system now.

I did:
Revenge of Shinobi
Fire Pro Wrestle
Aero Acrobat
Operation Armor

And, yes, they must be PO . . . we should create POX list

Iridion is POX
Dragonball Z Collectible Card Game is POX

Sucks because I bought Dragonball Z with some others just to flip it on my next trip (just picked a few cheap games and caught that one).

On the plus side, $7.50 per is still a great deal for people wanting to get Ndogs . . . but not much reward for those buying $5 games . . . so folks can get in on this and us flippers are less interested than we were.

[quote name='schultzed']Yes, looks like the 4 GBA for NDogs ($30) is automatic in the system now.

I did:
Revenge of Shinobi
Fire Pro Wrestle
Aero Acrobat
Operation Armor

Iridion is POX

Sucks because I bought Dragonball Z with some others just to flip it on my next trip (just picked a few cheap games and caught that one).

On the plus side, $7.50 per is still a great deal for people wanting to get Ndogs . . . but not much reward for those buying $5 games . . . so folks can get in on this and us flippers are less interested than we were.[/QUOTE]

Well unless you have a bunch of credit at a game store and want to use it to get the game.

[quote name='schultzed']Yes, looks like the 4 GBA for NDogs ($30) is automatic in the system now.

I did:
Revenge of Shinobi
Fire Pro Wrestle
Aero Acrobat
Operation Armor

Iridion is POX

On the plus side, $7.50 per is still a great deal for people wanting to get Ndogs . . . but not much reward for those buying $5 games . . . so folks can get in on this and us flippers are less interested than we were.[/QUOTE]

I'll print out a POX list of GBA games at work today and type them up later tonight.

I did:
Revenge of Shinobi
Fire Pro Wrestle
Aero Acrobat
Operation Armor

Iridion is POX

Yea, I was just going to buy 3 cheap games at EB for 4.99 and get a Nintendogs for 15... but now the deal would take 4 games, and I'm looking at 20 bucks or above, and I'm pretty sure I can find Nintendogs for 25 the week it releases.

Now that there's also a POX list, this deal went from super awesome, to kind of normal.

[quote name='vietgurl']I'll print out a POX list of GBA games at work today and type them up later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I know a lot of people (including myself) would really appreciate it!

Hey, there used to be a POX list for consoles on the board, didn't there? Can someone find that thread? All help is appreciated.

[quote name='vietgurl']I'll print out a POX list of GBA games at work today and type them up later tonight.[/QUOTE]

Now, there's a POX list exclusion for the deal?! Lame, I didn't get in on the deal yet. :cry:

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Now, there's a POX list exclusion for the deal?! Lame, I didn't get in on the deal yet. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well when I tried this yesterday 9as posted above) some of my games were rigning up as POX yes and the guy mentioned it to me.

So I would imagine so..Time is short now until the list is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back