Gamesharing on PS4?

ChronoSlayer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Is it safe to do?

I have a buddy who gameshares with his brother, whom lives out of state.

I've seen my buddy access his brother's PS+ library on the PS3 but his brother does not have access to my friends account. However, my buddy mentioned me hasn't tried to access his bro's content on his PS4 just yet due to mixed opinions on people getting their accounts banned and whatnot and he got me wondering on this as well.

Do any of you guys gameshare on both PS3 and PS4 on your friends/family account safely?

• If so, how exactly do you perform it?
  • How long have you been doing it (To ensure reliability lol)
  • What are the exact things to watch out for.
Muchas thank you's!  :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I technically do it, the difference is my friend doesnt have a PS4 yet. He is PS3 and Vita only currently.

To do it you need to have whoever owns the account where the games are purchased's PS4 NOT the primary PS4 and the other person the primary PS4. So for example

• Person A's account has all the games purchased
  • Person B's PS4 is set to be the primrary PS4 on Person A's account
  • Person B accesses Person A's games via gameshare on ANY account located on that PS4
  • Person A can access all their games ONLY when logged into their PSN account (on any PS4) but no other user(s) on that PS4 can play them if that user is not logged in on that PS4.

Thanks for the insight Saix!

Quick question though, how long have you been accessing his content on your PS4 for?

I know sony limits the number of active devices but is it regulated by overall device amount or a specific limit for each console type?

IE: lets say up to 5 devices total (any combination of psv, ps3, ps4) VS 2 ps3's, 2 ps4's and 1 psv

Thanks for the insight Saix!

Quick question though, how long have you been accessing his content on your PS4 for?

I know sony limits the number of active devices but is it regulated by overall device amount or a specific limit for each console type?

IE: lets say up to 5 devices total (any combination of psv, ps3, ps4) VS 2 ps3's, 2 ps4's and 1 psv
I am the main acct so not applicable, when he gets a PS4 his console will become the primary one and I will only use my games when logged into my PSN ID.

In terms of PS3 and Vita stuff though, I personally have been doing it since I bought a PS3 in like 2007.

The limits are as follows:
2-PS3
3-Vita/PSTV/PSP

PS4-2** (1 primary PS4 and then one more PS4 where that PSN account is in use)

bread's done
Back