Gamespy and IGN BFME reviews are up

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Gamespy
IGN
These scores are a little bit lower then what I was hoping for, but I cant wait for this game.
Also, the # of multiplayer command points(pop cap) you get has been released.
FOL=Forces of Light
FOD=Forces of Darkness
2 Players:
FOL = 200
FOD = 400

3-4 Players:
FOL = 150
FOD = 300

5-6 Players:
FOL = 100
FOD = 200

7-8 Players:
FOL = 80
FOD = 160
For those who dont know, a basic unit, such as the Gondor solider (who are made in squads of 5) or Uruk Hai (made in squads of 10) cost 2 command points. Larger units, such as trolls cost more (I think trolls are 10 command points), and you only get one of them when you make them. The caps are way too low IMO especially because I built a high end computer mostly for this game, but atleast most units are made in squads.
EDIT: I think I was wrong about the costs. I think for each Gondor solider it costs 2 command points to make, so a squad would cost 10 command points, but Im not sure about it because I dont have my copy yet. Ill be sure to post my impressions the day I get it.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Same here.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

LOL Me as well, guilty as charged. Well enough chatter for tonight. Off to play some games.

This game looks really interesting. I'm glad it got reviews, as it looks pretty interesting. I'll probably wait for a price drop, though. Thanks for posting the reviews!

I cant believe that Im the only BfME fan at CAG.
And if you guys want a deal on it, its only going to be $35 this week at BB after the GGC.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Ditto[/quote]

Glad it wasn't just I.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I cant believe that Im the only BfME fan at CAG.
And if you guys want a deal on it, its only going to be $35 this week at BB after the GGC.[/quote]

you aren't the only one but i also can't believe how few there are considering how many LOTR fans there are and how popular RTS games are.

The first mod has been released for BfME. It doubles the population cap.
I cant wait for my copy to come. I ordered it back in May when Amazon had it mispriced for $20.

This is hilareous. All of these people, including myself, clicking because they were clueless. I couldn't even guess what the initials stood for out of context.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']This is hilareous. All of these people, including myself, clicking because they were clueless. I couldn't even guess what the initials stood for out of context.[/quote]

I did the same thing. And I dont even like LOTR. Or RTS. Or acronyms for that matter.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']This is hilareous. All of these people, including myself, clicking because they were clueless. I couldn't even guess what the initials stood for out of context.[/quote]
Also, there has been atleast three deals on BfME on the deals board, the first in May, another a few months ago, and one Cheapy posted a few days ago, and still lots of people dont know what it is.

I watched a guy play this at work for a little while yesterday and it looked pretty badass. I'll definitely pick it up.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Ditto[/quote]

Glad it wasn't just I.[/quote]

Me too. I hadn't seen these initials/acronym used any where and out of context I didn't know what they were.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='6669']I just clicked here cuz I didn't know what BFME was.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Ditto[/quote]

Glad it wasn't just I.[/quote]

Me too. i tried really hard before i clicked on it but just couldn't get it. I was thinking "Beyond...something Millenium Edition". Yeah, way off. :D

I got my copy in the mail today, and Ive played a few single player missions and part of a skirmish game with the computer. It seems to be a pretty fun game so far, but sadly the edit to my first post was correct, and each Gondor solider costs 2 pop cap, so a squad costs 10. Other then the low # of units I like the game.
The Fellowship only levels were pretty fun, but I do like controlling armies more. However, it seems like each side lacks some units it should have, like a non hourse back melee Rohan warrior or a basic Gondor pikeman (they do have Tower Guards with spears, but they cost a lot and you cant build them right away).
I agree with how its not cool that buildings have to level up, and because of the low pop cap you have to kill units in order to build more units so the building are a higher level. And because units stay with you between missions you dont always want to do that.
If anyone has any questions please ask them and Ill answer to the best of my ability.

bread's done
Back