Gamestaq coming back promo (First 2,500 subscribers)

Japakneez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Gamestaq.com returns on Thanksgiving of 2010. To celebrate, they are having a promo limited to the first 2,500 email subscribers.

www.gamestaq.com

Get $40 cash, guaranteed.

Just enter your email address and post your game for sale by Dec 15th on gamestaq.com. Activate this promo today to lock in an amazing rate for your pre-played game. Then post any of the games below for sale by December 15th on gamestaq.com and we’ll guarantee the price.

xbox 360

Halo Reach $40
Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40
AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

ps3

Dead Rising 2 $40
Fifa 11 $40
NBA 2K11 $40
Gran Turismo $40
Fallout: New Vegas $40
COD: Black Ops $40 AC: Brotherhood $40
NFS: Hot Pursuit $40

wii

Mario Galaxy 2 $35
New Mario Bros $35
Wii Party $35
Kirby’s Epic Yarn $35
NBA Jam $35
COD: Black Ops $35
Goldeneye 007 $35
Donkey Kong Returns $35

I was looking into the new offer you guys have running 25 for $25, but after your GS fee and shipping it pushed them all up to $30, while still not "bad", I was looking to pick up 3-5 of them for around $25, but $30 is just too much (I'm a CAG, whadda want) I'll hold off for Gamefly to sell them at the price point I'm willing to pay, around $20-ish.

If you guys can compete, I'll be buying, but other than a few odd titles (like Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom at $18.88) there is nothing in that range to justify a purchase, even looking at that game with fees and shipping, it comes out to $24.

I'll keep my eyes on the site, but seriously, if you guys want sales then you're going to have to bring things closer to the sub-$25 mark shipped to persuade me and I suspect many other CAG's to buy anything. Just a friendly heads up. ;)

Edit: And I am a former customer, just so you know, just wanted to make that clear.

[quote name='uncle5555']I was looking into the new offer you guys have running 25 for $25, but after your GS fee and shipping it pushed them all up to $30, while still not "bad", I was looking to pick up 3-5 of them for around $25, but $30 is just too much (I'm a CAG, whadda want) I'll hold off for Gamefly to sell them at the price point I'm willing to pay, around $20-ish.

If you guys can compete, I'll be buying, but other than a few odd titles (like Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom at $18.88) there is nothing in that range to justify a purchase, even looking at that game with fees and shipping, it comes out to $24.

I'll keep my eyes on the site, but seriously, if you guys want sales then you're going to have to bring things closer to the sub-$25 mark shipped to persuade me and I suspect many other CAG's to buy anything. Just a friendly heads up. ;)

Edit: And I am a former customer, just so you know, just wanted to make that clear.[/QUOTE]

Hey Uncle - thanks for this feedback, and we totally know that you're a former customer from the beta site. Thank you.

We've been discussing the transaction fees internally for a few weeks now.
On the one side we feel that buyer/seller should split the transaction fee, but the issue that we're noticing is that sometimes our pricing becomes less competitive on the buying side once the fee is added in.
So we're kinda torn if we should re-adjust our fees so that the seller covers a higher percentage. So the split would be something like 75/25 instead of 50/50.
Your thoughts or suggestions?

I guess waiting for Gamefly to post a sale would make sense, but by that time the game values will prob be the same on Gamestaq. And i guess we're hoping that in the end CAGers (and other gamers) will lean towards supporting each other and a commerce community that will benefit them most in the long run... selling games at fair prices, buying at fair prices and getting it done quick and easy.

Is the autopay feature in yet? Because I sold Madden 11 and it was delivered to the house yesterday, but I still have no money in my account.

[quote name='alex12353']Is the autopay feature in yet? Because I sold Madden 11 and it was delivered to the house yesterday, but I still have no money in my account.[/QUOTE]

Yes the autopay is in place
What's your gamestaq username? I'll check on it for you.
Thanks.

[quote name='flooty333']Yes the autopay is in place
What's your gamestaq username? I'll check on it for you.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, it was added today. I guess it just had a bit of a delay in it.

[quote name='alex12353']Nevermind, it was added today. I guess it just had a bit of a delay in it.[/QUOTE]

OK. good to hear.
I'll have the techs double check things just to make sure payments are getting updated in real time.

[quote name='buckeyeboy69']Love this site![/QUOTE]

Awesome!!! :D

flooty333, I was suddenly removed from the queue for Modern Warfare 2 (360). I wasn't notified of being linked with a buyer, so it wasn't the case of not accepting a sale. Is there some sort of policy where you get removed after being in line for too long?

[quote name='mac101010']flooty333, I was suddenly removed from the queue for Modern Warfare 2 (360). I wasn't notified of being linked with a buyer, so it wasn't the case of not accepting a sale. Is there some sort of policy where you get removed after being in line for too long?[/QUOTE]

Weird.
Can you do a quick check to see if one of our "Your game has sold" emails went to spam?

[quote name='flooty333']Weird.
Can you do a quick check to see if one of our "Your game has sold" emails went to spam?[/QUOTE]

Nothing in my spam folder or trash, so it was definitely some sort of glitch. Also, I just checked my selling list again and noticed a "generating your label" message under Halo 3: ODST even though I never got confirmation that someone bought it. Anyway, there's probably nothing to be done about the glitch, but thanks anyway.

OK. We fixed both games for you.
Fixed your ODST, and placed you back in the correct spot in the queue for MW2.
Happy selling!

[quote name='mac101010']Oh wow didn't expect that. Thanks a lot, man![/QUOTE]

You have connections in high places ;-)

I'll also attest to your customer service being awesome. Every issue I've had has been taken care of almost immediately :cool:. I just wish more people would use this site or maybe it's just the games I have up for sale aren't that popular.

Is Ryan the only guy that handles email support?

[quote name='P a t r i c k']I'll also attest to your customer service being awesome. Every issue I've had has been taken care of almost immediately :cool:. I just wish more people would use this site or maybe it's just the games I have up for sale aren't that popular.

Is Ryan the only guy that handles email support?[/QUOTE]

Thanks... the one thing we actually have full control over is our customer support, so we like to make sure it's pretty good.
We've got 68 service reps, all named Ryan! Go figure :)

With the new promotions we've been pushing out over the last few weeks we're seeing a nice increase in buyers. Things are starting to balance out. Have you not been able to sell any games?

[quote name='letsgetacid']I've run into some issues while searching for games. For example, I'm searching for 360 games, Mature only, with Release Date set to All. I'm getting return results of PS3 games along with some DS games (including some Harry Potter stuff).

Yo queries are dun broke! Hope it gets resolved soon[/QUOTE]

Hey - just a heads up that this bug has been SQUASHED!!!
Filters should be working as advertised. :applause:

[quote name='alex12353']I made a thread for buying and selling games. Gamestaq Buy and Sell Thread[/QUOTE]

hey flooty, this is an idea you should roll with here on CAG. It's in the wrong forum though.

Also, with your skip the queue thing. If I post my link and then remove the game from my selling queue, it should say so. Otherwise you're gonna have problems.

Cause I'm selling Trauma Team and it's brand new. But if I post that link somewhere and then remove it from my list, the person clicking on that link might get to the page and think it's the brand new one I'm selling. You get what I'm saying?

I'm also selling DS2 but I doubt anyone is gonna buy a used one for $40+

Gotta lower the price or give out some coupons to the buyers.

flooty, when I try to 'sell' Zelda Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Brawl I get a 500 error. :(

also, I sold GT5 a couple of days ago and have yet to receive my payout, the same for FIFA 11 PS3 (and I think since then the price for FIFA 11 PS3 dropped? Not sure, but am I gonna get paid what the price the game was when it sold or is currently?).

and another thing - I emailed you all about this yesterday - when I sold NHL 11 360 I was quoted $36+ but I was only paid $33 and change. :(

[quote name='philliesfan']hey flooty, this is an idea you should roll with here on CAG. It's in the wrong forum though.

Also, with your skip the queue thing. If I post my link and then remove the game from my selling queue, it should say so. Otherwise you're gonna have problems.

Cause I'm selling Trauma Team and it's brand new. But if I post that link somewhere and then remove it from my list, the person clicking on that link might get to the page and think it's the brand new one I'm selling. You get what I'm saying?

I'm also selling DS2 but I doubt anyone is gonna buy a used one for $40+

Gotta lower the price or give out some coupons to the buyers.[/QUOTE]

Definitely like the idea of a thread for people to post direct links to their games.
But i dont want to get on any moderator's bad side here at CAG.
Can you help move it to the right forum?

Yes, you're right about the way the skip the queue links work. We should be able to post a message to the buyer that clicks someone's link to let them know that that particular seller's game has been sold but they can buy the next game in the queue.
We'll get working on that.
I guess for the time being you would just need to update your trade post to reflect that your game already sold.

[quote name='sirplue']flooty, when I try to 'sell' Zelda Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Brawl I get a 500 error. :(

also, I sold GT5 a couple of days ago and have yet to receive my payout, the same for FIFA 11 PS3 (and I think since then the price for FIFA 11 PS3 dropped? Not sure, but am I gonna get paid what the price the game was when it sold or is currently?).

and another thing - I emailed you all about this yesterday - when I sold NHL 11 360 I was quoted $36+ but I was only paid $33 and change. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='sirplue']trying to add Super Paper Mario as well, same 500 error mssg.[/QUOTE]

Sirplue - Zelda, Smash and Paper Mario should all be fixed now. Let us know if you find any more.

Re your payouts.
We received the same message from a couple other sellers via support. Looks like USPS made a change in their API but forgot to inform anyone. We use this API to track shipments from sellers to buyers. Our dev team realized the change this weekend and will be pushing out an update this week. All payments will be pushed out to sellers tomorrow none the less.
And of course you'll be credited the proper amount based on when your game sold.

Thanks!

thanks, Flooty! :D

also, this may have been asked/answered. But, I was wondering how many sales can we have active at once? Is it 2? Because that's what it seems like with me. LOL Also, if however many sale slots we have are full and someone 'buys' a game we have for sale, what happens to that sale are they wait-listed?

[quote name='sirplue']thanks, Flooty! :D

also, this may have been asked/answered. But, I was wondering how many sales can we have active at once? Is it 2? Because that's what it seems like with me. LOL Also, if however many sale slots we have are full and someone 'buys' a game we have for sale, what happens to that sale are they wait-listed?[/QUOTE]

We dont really have a limit on how many active sales sellers can have on the site.
We spoke about that a lot during development but never went through with it.
Hope this helps!

Hey flooty, I noticed that Modern Warfare 2 in my queue got glitched again for some reason, as I got an email saying I just posted it for sale and it changed my position. Is it okay if you take a quick look if you're not busy? Thanks in advance.

Flooty, I've already emailed tech support about this, but I thought I'd post here as well. I seem to be having the same prob. as mac101010. I'm pretty sure I was 1st in the queue with NHL 11 (PS3) but now I'm listed as somewhere around 15th...

[quote name='sirplue']Flooty, I've already emailed tech support about this, but I thought I'd post here as well. I seem to be having the same prob. as mac101010. I'm pretty sure I was 1st in the queue with NHL 11 (PS3) but now I'm listed as somewhere around 15th...[/QUOTE]

Hey sirplue - looks like this got fixed up for you yesterday.
Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='flooty333']Hey sirplue - looks like this got fixed up for you yesterday.
Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

thanks, Flooty! :D

Flooty, it seems that Modern Warfare 2 is glitching again. I've received a couple of emails about it being posted on sale, and my position in the queue has been fluctuating. Just thought I'd let you know.

bread's done
Back