Gamestaq - Relaunch Later This Year

Just spoke to one of the guys over at Gamestaq and just wanted to give everyone a heads up about when they will be relaunching. They were suppose to launch this spring, but due to complications, will launch in a few months. They said that they just finalized their funding and are working on the site itself now. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shiftymcneely']this is like all of the games....should have put fallout 3 for $22 as a best deal for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Should I just post the whole list then?

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Should I just post the whole list then?[/QUOTE]

probably doesn't matter. But you can. Also, conduit for $30 on wii sounds good.

Hmm, somebody oughta put a big "USED" at the top of this thread.

And from looking at their policy, seems you may or may not get a manual with your game...

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm, somebody oughta put a big "USED" at the top of this thread.

And from looking at their policy, seems you may or may not get a manual with your game...[/QUOTE]

I've purchase a few games from the site and have received manuals with all of mine, but there is a chance that you won't get one.

ok, i'm going to pull the trigger on FNR4 for ps3. i hope to god it has a manual, and i won't be buying from them again if it doesn't. note to gamestaq - change your policy to manual required! you'll have more confident buyers, and the only thing you lose are people trying to sell incomplete games.

[quote name='affa']ok, i'm going to pull the trigger on FNR4 for ps3. i hope to god it has a manual, and i won't be buying from them again if it doesn't. note to gamestaq - change your policy to manual required! you'll have more confident buyers, and the only thing you lose are people trying to sell incomplete games.[/QUOTE]

Affa - i agree with ya.
Working on it on my end to get that policy changed.
Keep you posted.
Ill keep an eye out for your order and will make sure it gets special care. ;)

Shipping is $2.25 plus a $2 fee for games between $30 and $49. $3 for $50 and up, $1 for $15 to $29.

You don't need any manual for any EA Sports games anymore; the manuals they provide are so pointless they should stop packaging them with the game and save us both some cash.

this site is looking great. can't wait till i get my first 2 games from it, infamous and the bigs 2 for 35 and 38 bucks. great deals. i hope i get the manual though.

If you want Animal Crossing, its new at Gamestop for $20. But this is a nice backup just in case you can't find one for $20 and you really want it ;P

I'm thinking about selling to them these (Prototype, Fallout 3) and thinking about buying these (Red Faction, FNR4, LBP), all for PS3. Hmm...

I wish they would make their trading free 1 dollar instead of 2. I did purchase ghostbusters from them and it came in like new condition.

[quote name='monkeysez']I wish they would make their trading free 1 dollar instead of 2. I did purchase ghostbusters from them and it came in like new condition.[/QUOTE]

We're gonna be reviewing these types of things every few weeks as we go along, so please keep giving us your comments.
We're adjusting based on your feedback.

Btw - this was posted up a couple days ago on our blog. Shout out to CAG and CAGs
http://www.gamestaq.com/blog/?p=151

Sure am I glad I sold them by Fallout 3 and COD: WaW a few weeks ago when they were both $40.

This site is legit though, got paid by Paypal within 24 hours.

[quote name='monkeysez']I wish they would make their trading free 1 dollar instead of 2.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? A $4 profit isn't anywhere near the ~$35 GameStop makes.

@ejh Working on some new games this weekend.
Look for updates to the site on Mon/Tues.
Will see if we can get Mario Galaxy up there for ya.

[quote name='flooty333']@ejh Working on some new games this weekend.
Look for updates to the site on Mon/Tues.
Will see if we can get Mario Galaxy up there for ya.[/QUOTE]

You should designate a certain day when you will add new games. Like every Tuesday you add new games or something.

[quote name='computeerrgghh']Hm I might pick up CoD4 for $24. Cheaper than anywhere I've looked.[/QUOTE]

Well not necessarily.

24.00 + 1.00(fee) + 2.50 (shipping) = 27.50 + 1 to 2 week wait

Gamestop deal

44.99 - 15.75 (35 % off w. coupon) + sales tax = 31.29 but instant play

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']You should designate a certain day when you will add new games. Like every Tuesday you add new games or something.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestion.
Will talk to the guys. Thanks.

[quote name='kart007k']Well not necessarily.

Gamestop deal

44.99 - 15.75 (35 % off w. coupon) + sales tax = 31.29 but instant play[/QUOTE]

Good point. Unfortunately 10.25% sales tax and the 3 mile walk to gamestop kill the deal.

[quote name='kart007k']Well not necessarily.

Gamestop deal

44.99 - 15.75 (35 % off w. coupon) + sales tax = 31.29 but instant play[/QUOTE]

[quote name='computeerrgghh']Good point. Unfortunately 10.25% sales tax and the 3 mile walk to gamestop kill the deal.[/QUOTE]

I found the coupon for 25% when you buy 2 or more used games.
And the deal to get 25% off when buying any used game on gamestop.com
But couldnt find 25% off in store on a single game (?)

[quote name='horns456']What is a Gamestaq fee? I almost bought Sacred 2 for $35, but why pay $2 fee plus shipping?[/QUOTE]

When someone sells the game they also get 35 dollars for selling it so the $2 fee is for the seller and the buyer so the middleman (Gamestaq) keeps running. Shipping is only $2.25 i believe.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']Wait so is UFC is $38 I can sell it to them for 36 bucks?!?! (2 buck gamestaq fee) Thats crazy good and genius![/QUOTE]

Why, thank you! ;)

[quote name='horns456']What is a Gamestaq fee? I almost bought Sacred 2 for $35, but why pay $2 fee plus shipping?[/QUOTE]

What he said below....

[quote name='dudedizzle27']When someone sells the game they also get 35 dollars for selling it so the $2 fee is for the seller and the buyer so the middleman (Gamestaq) keeps running. Shipping is only $2.25 i believe.[/QUOTE]

100% Correcto!

[quote name='flooty333']I found the coupon for 25% when you buy 2 or more used games.
And the deal to get 25% off when buying any used game on gamestop.com
But couldnt find 25% off in store on a single game (?)[/QUOTE]

How do you guys get new releases like when madden 10 comes out I'm guessing it'll be a while until anyone sells it and also do you guys have an option to send the game to a different address than the billing address?

Other than that KUDOS, i hope you make it big.

[quote name='dudedizzle27']also do you guys have an option to send the game to a different address than the billing address?[/QUOTE]

This is like crucial to me next month when its back to school..

@dudedizzle and riseup
You can currently have different bill to and ship to addresses. There is the option during checkout.
Thanks!

[quote name='flooty333']@dudedizzle and riseup
You can currently have different bill to and ship to addresses. There is the option during checkout.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

sweet and can you answer my question regarding new games such as madden 10

[quote name='dudedizzle27']How do you guys get new releases like when madden 10 comes out I'm guessing it'll be a while until anyone sells it and also do you guys have an option to send the game to a different address than the billing address?

Other than that KUDOS, i hope you make it big.[/QUOTE]

I don't even work for them but I can tell you the answer. They sell used games, so no they won't have it brand new on release. I'd say it would take a few weeks for people to actually start selling them their copies, but they would have them eventually.

just sold you a couple games and placed an order... the turnaround on the paypal was nice, slightly over 24h, but not bad, but haven't had any activity on the purchase. how long do your orders typically take to process?

[quote name='perdition(troy']I don't even work for them but I can tell you the answer. They sell used games, so no they won't have it brand new on release. I'd say it would take a few weeks for people to actually start selling them their copies, but they would have them eventually.[/QUOTE]

Thank you my good sir.
But you'd be surprised how quickly we get some of the newer games.

[quote name='srcowie']just sold you a couple games and placed an order... the turnaround on the paypal was nice, slightly over 24h, but not bad, but haven't had any activity on the purchase. how long do your orders typically take to process?[/QUOTE]

We've actually had a delay in shipments this week due to USPS holding our incoming packages at their hub, instead of delivering them to our place.
We spoke with them earlier today and they promised to make delivery tomorrow (Thurs), so we hope to get back on track before the weekend.
Sorry for the trouble!

What's your order #?

[quote name='flooty333']
We've actually had a delay in shipments this week due to USPS holding our incoming packages at their hub, instead of delivering them to our place.
We spoke with them earlier today and they promised to make delivery tomorrow (Thurs), so we hope to get back on track before the weekend.
Sorry for the trouble!

What's your order #?[/QUOTE]

No worries, it happens.

Order # is 100000031

well i recieved my first 2 games from gamestaq on monday and i am very impressed. both games looked great, worked great, and came with a manual, all in a decent amount of time. plus a free bubble mailer to use for goozex :) thanks

[quote name='flooty333']Thank you my good sir.
But you'd be surprised how quickly we get some of the newer games.

That's why I waited for his reply :D

bread's done
Back