Gamestaq - Relaunch Later This Year

Just spoke to one of the guys over at Gamestaq and just wanted to give everyone a heads up about when they will be relaunching. They were suppose to launch this spring, but due to complications, will launch in a few months. They said that they just finalized their funding and are working on the site itself now. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flooty333']Thank you my good sir.
But you'd be surprised how quickly we get some of the newer games. [/QUOTE]

That's why I waited for his reply :D

[quote name='srcowie']No worries, it happens.

Order # is 100000031[/QUOTE]

Great news - USPS decided to deliver our packages today, so everyone should start to see order updates in a short while!

SRCOWIE - your order is going out today!

Thanks again for your patience guys.

When are you getting more Fallout 3 copies for the 360? I have been waiting to pull the trigger on it and now you are sold out:/

[quote name='Taboner']When are you getting more Fallout 3 copies for the 360? I have been waiting to pull the trigger on it and now you are sold out:/[/QUOTE]

As the old saying goes, You snooze.....
lol. Just kidding.
We hope to add it back up over the weekend, or by Monday the latest.
Will try to post back here once thats done.

I enjoyed my selling experience. Turnaround was like the others just a bit over 24hrs. I too am waiting on Fallout 3 for the 360 to make my first purchase .

[quote name='MootPoon817']Do all games come with a manual?[/QUOTE]

So far all the games we've received and shipped out from/to our users have had manuals.
We're also working on adding manuals as a requirement for sellers.

If all games are guarenteed with a manual I will definitely bite, that's the only thing that is holding me back from placing an order...it's why i don't but used games from gamestop...

Yeah, I'm not so sure about buying used games online right now, and jwargand you can ask them to get you the manual and original case if they get you that black case.

Just placed an order. Great prices, looking forward to buying more if everything goes smooth. :)

Call of Duty: World at War (XBOX 360) $30.00
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (GOTY) (XBOX 360) $24.00
Halo 3
(XBOX 360) $22.00

Cart Total $76.00
Gamestaq Fee $4.00
Shipping $6.75
Grand Total
$86.75

This seems like a really great site, and honestly if anything their fees are too low. I understand this is Cheap Ass Gamer, but a $2 is tiny for the deals and service they are providing. Just go compare with eBay, depending on how you list you will pay more than $2 just to list, not to mention final value and paypal fees.

I would encourage Gamestaq to RAISE their prices before they lower them. $2-$4 on ALL transactions does not seem bad to me at all. To placate the whiners simply build the $2-$4 fee into the buy price so they never know it is there (it is sad, but people will cry about a $2 fee, but they would not hesitate to buy the game at $37 + shipping), and just charge sellers the fee. It would be an incredible deal and blows any competition out of the water.

If the site really takes off I will be buying and selling a lot of stuff with Gamestaq. Plus, the best part is that unlike so many of the other trading sites that flourish for a while then dry up, if Gamestaq dies, I still have my cash. When ITVG and others have died I have been left with fake money worth nothing at all for my games.

im definitely supporting you guys, gamestaq! i just sent in my copies of infamous and gtaIV for the ps3, and plan on buying/selling games thru you guys rather than gamestop!
Keep up the good work!

[quote name='jwargand']If all games are guarenteed with a manual I will definitely bite, that's the only thing that is holding me back from placing an order...it's why i don't but used games from gamestop...[/QUOTE]

Yo - gonna be working on this topic this week. So hope to have some good news soon.

[quote name='kedarox']Just placed an order. Great prices, looking forward to buying more if everything goes smooth. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WyldRyce']Just sold you GTA IV (PS3). I think I might order COD4 when my payment is received. Thanks![/QUOTE]

[quote name='evilpotatoguy']Trying this out, hope it goes well :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nfs3freak']im definitely supporting you guys, gamestaq! i just sent in my copies of infamous and gtaIV for the ps3, and plan on buying/selling games thru you guys rather than gamestop!
Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

You guys are awesome. Thanks for giving us a try!

[quote name='yodagonemad']This seems like a really great site, and honestly if anything their fees are too low. I understand this is Cheap Ass Gamer, but a $2 is tiny for the deals and service they are providing. Just go compare with eBay, depending on how you list you will pay more than $2 just to list, not to mention final value and paypal fees.

I would encourage Gamestaq to RAISE their prices before they lower them. $2-$4 on ALL transactions does not seem bad to me at all. To placate the whiners simply build the $2-$4 fee into the buy price so they never know it is there (it is sad, but people will cry about a $2 fee, but they would not hesitate to buy the game at $37 + shipping), and just charge sellers the fee. It would be an incredible deal and blows any competition out of the water.

If the site really takes off I will be buying and selling a lot of stuff with Gamestaq. Plus, the best part is that unlike so many of the other trading sites that flourish for a while then dry up, if Gamestaq dies, I still have my cash. When ITVG and others have died I have been left with fake money worth nothing at all for my games.[/QUOTE]

@ Yoda
Thank you for your encouraging words.
Re fees - we're keeping an eye on how things get going from this early stage. We happen to agree that the fees are low and very fair for what gamers are getting, compared to the other options out there.
And giving users CASH instead of points was our main focus from day 0.
Thanks again... any feedback/suggestions just give us a holla!

I ended up ordering CoD4 from the website. I received the game today. It was in good shape and came with a manual (though I couldn't care less about the manual). Overall, have had a very positive experience with Gamestaq. I agree with the previous poster that their fees are probably too low for the service. I would order from them again.

Received PayPal payment today for an order I placed over the weekend, no additional PayPal fees were taken out! Will be a returning customer for sure :D

Both sold and purchased from gamestaq over the last couple weeks. Order was held up due to the USPS being tards, but it's all gravy, and having flooty on here makes things much more cool, as he can explain stuff etc.

So the good and the bad-
The good-
Selling was smooth as silk. Got the payment in 24h or so, paid a buck for a padded pouch to ship out, shipping free, all good.
Buying had a hiccup, but once shipped, 3 days (expected, since its cross country for me) and it arrived, in working condition

The bad-
Game shipped in a manilla envelope, so the box kinda got crushed. That said, I guess teh box did its job to protect the dvd, so it's gravy. Might want to ship in a padded envelope though.
Game I got (Sacred 2) sucked for what I wanted, and I'm sellin it back (obv not gamestaq's fault ;p)

I look forward to you guys expanding out of beta, I'm spreadin the word and singing your praises now.

[quote name='TrenoV']C'mon Fallout 3, be in stock for the 360![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it. The price is too low so no one will sell Fallout 3 to the site. Gamestaq is only giving $22 when Gamestop is giving $22 BEFORE promotion + edge card.

ya, i would have sold fallout 3 to gamestaq by now if the price was a bit higher. i'd get quite a bit more from GS. however, gamestaq is an extremely nice site (other then fallout 3 lulz)

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I wouldn't count on it. The price is too low so no one will sell Fallout 3 to the site. Gamestaq is only giving $22 when Gamestop is giving $22 BEFORE promotion + edge card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='perdition(troy']ya, i would have sold fallout 3 to gamestaq by now if the price was a bit higher. i'd get quite a bit more from GS. however, gamestaq is an extremely nice site (other then fallout 3 lulz)[/QUOTE]

Wow - we didn't realize the site was so off on Fallout 3.
Will get that updated today.
Also - heads up, we're updating some new games today as well.

[quote name='flooty333']Wow - we didn't realize the site was so off on Fallout 3.
Will get that updated today.[/QUOTE]

ya, I'm not trying to be a dick about it at all, or tell you how to run your site. I'd say somewhere 30~35 would be what I would put it at. Only reason I say that is i've sold quite a few copies on craigslist at that price, and its still 20 cheaper then 20~25 cheaper then what GS sells at.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']updated.[/QUOTE]

Any idea when Wolfenstein and Madden 10 (for buy) will be added?

[quote name='Fish63h']Any idea when Wolfenstein and Madden 10 (for buy) will be added?[/QUOTE]

As soon as someone trades them in.

waiting to see when wolfenstein sell price comes up

i'm really considering being a very frequent seller to this site

We've got a few sellers of Madden 10, so we should be turning the Xbox 360 version on pretty soon.
Will post here once we do.

I've been too busy playing my new games, but just wanted to post that the 3 games I purchased, Halo 3, CoD4 & WaW, each arrived in original case, with manual. They had minor scratches on the CDs but I haven't had any problems with them. Just finished up both CoD single players. Overall, very happy and I plan to buy many more games from these guys

bread's done
Back