Gamestaq Year End Sale

I just received an email from Gamestaq about their Year End Sale. Looks like the site is back up, but is only allowing you to purchase games from them. Here are all the deals...

**All games are used

Update: The site will be stopping transactions shortly after the first week on January.
Add $2.50 for shipping and the Gamestaq Fee. (Thank you Skoad for reminding me)
Gamestaq Fee
$50.00 and up: $3.00
$30.00 - $49.99: $2.00
$15.00 - $29.99: $1.00
Up to $14.99: No fee

:360: Xbox 360
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Guitar Hero: Metallica - $18
Resident Evil 5 - $18
Fallout 3 - $16
Red Faction: Guerrilla - $17
Prince of Persia - $14
Sacred 2- $20
Grid - $15
Operation Flashpoint 2 - $30
Chronicles of Riddick - $13
Fable 2 - $17
Section 8 - $22
Wolfenstein - $30
GTA IV - $15
Dead Space - $15
Left 4 Dead - $15
Halo Wars - $15
Halo 3 - $14
Halo 3: ODST - $30
Prototype - $29
UFC 09 - $28
DiRT 2 - $32
Bionic Commando - $17
Street Fighter IV - $13
Call of Duty: World at War - $18
Far Cry 2 - $13
Saw - $27
Gears of War 2 - $15
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $25
Skate 2 - $20
Fight Night Round 4 - $15
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $15
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $20
X-Men Wolverine - $25
Batman Arkham Asylum - $30
Overlord II - $23
Modern Warfare 2 - $40
Tekken 6 - $32
The Beatles: Rock Band - $30
Need For Speed Shift - $26
Tiger Woods 10 - $25
NCAA Football 10 - $25
The Bigs 2 - $13
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $28
NHL 10 - $30
NBA Live 10 - $35
NBA 2K10 - $30
WET - $30
Brutal Legend - $30
FIFA 10 - $38
WWE vs RAW 10 - $30

:ps3: PS3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $41
Uncharted 2 - $35
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $35
Resistance 2 - $25
UFC 2009 - $24
Fallout 3 - $16
Operation Flashpoint 2 - $26
Metal Gear Solid 4 - $16
Resident Evil 5 - $20
Killzone 2 - $26
Infamous - $29
Chronicles of Riddick - $13
MK vs DC Universe - $18
Dirt 2 - $34
Prototype - $29
Valkyria Chronicles - $20
The Godfather II - $14
Wolfenstein - $30
Ghostbusters - $19
Call of Duty: World at War - $18
Far Cry 2 - $13
Saw - $27
Red Faction Guerrilla - $17
Fight Night Round 4 - $26
Sacred 2 - $20
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - $20
X-Men Wolverine - $25
Madden 10 - $29
Batman Arkham Asylum - $30
Overlord II - $23
The Beatles: Rock Band - $30
MLB 09: The Show - $15
Need for Speed: Shift - $26
Tiger 10 - $25
NCAA Football 10 - $25
The Bigs 2 - $13
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $25
NBA Live 10 - $30
NBA 2K10 - $30
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - $32
WET - $30
Brutal Legend - $30
FIFA 10 - $38
WWE vs RAW 10 - $30

:wii:Wii
My Sims Agent - $26
TMNT - $24
Little Kings Story - $18
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $22
Mark Kart(No Wheel) - $25
Mario Party 8 - $25
Ghostbusters - $20
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - $23
The Conduit - $16
Pokemon Battle Revolution - $20
Animal Crossing - $17
Punch Out - $26
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $19
X-Men Wolverine - $20
Overlord: Dark Legend - $18
The House of the Dead: Overkill - $15
Grand Slam Tennis - $23
MLB 2K9 - $16
Dead Space: Extraction - $20
Ice Age 3 - $16
Tiger 10 - $17
The Bigs 2 - $13
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $20
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $22

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping is $2.50 per item, and they have a "GameStaq fee", which is tiered like so:

$50.00 and up: $3.00
$30.00 - $49.99: $2.00
$15.00 - $29.99: $1.00
Up to $14.99: No fee

What is the usual condition the games come in?

edit: upon looking through their FAQ section I found this.

Gamestaq only allows original games (no copies) with same-game case, box art and manual to be sold on the site.
Seller must certify that game is fully playable before posting for sale.

Definitely in for Call of Duty WaW for $21.50 shipped

[quote name='option.iv']What is the usual condition the games come in?

edit: upon looking through their FAQ section I found this.

Definitely in for Call of Duty WaW for $21.50 shipped[/QUOTE]

I've yet to experience any problems with any games I have purchased from them.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmm Blazblue is not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

My exact thought.

Know a couple of people who would love to jump on it at that price.

This site is legit from my experience.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']I've yet to experience any problems with any games I have purchased from them.[/QUOTE]

Don't you work for/own the site?

[quote name='lassiterb']Don't you work for/own the site?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm just friends with the owner of the site and help promote them. Your probably asking because the links have a referral number. They made a referral number for they could see if how much of their business I was bringing in. I just help them and give me a few incentives, but do not pay me.

Placed an order for Halo Wars but the last page where you confirm the order just hangs. I tried it twice already. Checked my email and didn't get a confirmation either time. Guess I'll try later.

EDIT: NVM Order #2 went through, guess the site is a little slow at the moment, or getting hammered.

I'm not affiliated with this site in any way, but I have purchased 3 games, and sold 2 with them and have had no problems at all. I can't remember what the exact shipping cost was, but it was the same for me in Hawaii which is usual a deal-sealer for me.

[quote name='kedarox']I'm not affiliated with this site in any way, but I have purchased 3 games, and sold 2 with them and have had no problems at all. I can't remember what the exact shipping cost was, but it was the same for me in Hawaii which is usual a deal-sealer for me.[/QUOTE]

What was the disc condition of the games you bought?

I'm guessing Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 are NOT the Game of the Year Edition. If they were GOTY I'd be all about it. Any thoughts, yea or nay?

I believe they send out whatever copy they have at hand, which may or may not be GotY.

At least that's what I read from one of their earlier responses.

[quote name='cancermatt']I'm guessing Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 are NOT the Game of the Year Edition. If they were GOTY I'd be all about it. Any thoughts, yea or nay?[/QUOTE]

I reccomend shooting them an email at [email protected]

Just tried ordering Halo Wars...Out Of Stock! I've been wanting this game for a while now at a good price...$#*^!

Ugh!!! Mario Kart sure is tempting.....But I can't spend anymore money in games!

I still have Metroid Prime Trilogy Backordered from Best Buy, they better send them or ill rain hell on them ;)

[quote name='luck3yone']Just tried ordering Halo Wars...Out Of Stock! I've been wanting this game for a while now at a good price...$#*^![/QUOTE]
I was one the fence about buying it... nice to know the decision's been made for me.

So no one knows the quality of the games? I've been buying from Gamefly and was pleasantly surprised when the games came in amazing condition, considering they are a renting service. I'm tempted to get some of these, but nervous.

Do they come complete? There's no information I can see on the site.

[quote name='Game Barker']So no one knows the quality of the games? I've been buying from Gamefly and was pleasantly surprised when the games came in amazing condition, considering they are a renting service. I'm tempted to get some of these, but nervous.

Do they come complete? There's no information I can see on the site.[/QUOTE]

Games come complete with case and manual. The disc are also guaranteed to work.

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Games come complete with case and manual. The disc are also guaranteed to work.[/QUOTE]

I want guaranteed to not be scratched. That usually means it's guaranteed to work.

[quote name='cancermatt']I'm guessing Left 4 Dead and Gears of War 2 are NOT the Game of the Year Edition. If they were GOTY I'd be all about it. Any thoughts, yea or nay?[/QUOTE]

L4D: GOTY isn't much different than the original non-GOTY edition, just the Survival Pack -- which you can download for FREE on Xbox Live.

GoW2: GOTY is a different story.

[quote name='Game Barker']I want guaranteed to not be scratched. That usually means it's guaranteed to work.[/QUOTE]

You'll find it quite difficult to receive a game from a rental-like or used games service that doesn't have a few scratches due to normal wear and tear. In fact it's very rare (if at all) to buy a used game with absolutely zero blemishes on it. Even with Gamefly and I've been buying from them for years. This is exactly why there is a protective coating put on all game discs so even if scratches occur -- and they will -- to improve the chances of the game still running correctly on your system.

If you're still hesitant from buying used games from Gamestaq you could always try playSwitch.com for used games (better option than Goozex in my opinion). Just a thought.

[quote name='Game Barker']So no one knows the quality of the games? I've been buying from Gamefly and was pleasantly surprised when the games came in amazing condition, considering they are a renting service. I'm tempted to get some of these, but nervous.

Do they come complete? There's no information I can see on the site.[/QUOTE]

I bought GTA IV from Gamestaq a couple of months ago. The game and materials were in great condition. Tempted by Fallout3 for PS3, but I'm unsure largely b/c of the game's reported bugs on the PS3.

[quote name='xtal']I bought GTA IV from Gamestaq a couple of months ago. The game and materials were in great condition. Tempted by Fallout3 for PS3, but I'm unsure largely b/c of the game's reported bugs on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

The game is definitely technically a bit better on the 360 (and even better on the PC), but it's still a great game on the PS3. If it's your only means of playing it, it's definitely worth buying.

I ordered Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. My cousin brought down Tiger 09 for Christmas and I had a surprisingly good time with it.

Guys - just wanted to let you know that we just restocked some titles on the site and enabled some more games:

X360
Fable 2 - restocked
Guitar Hero Metallica - $18
halo 3 - $14
Resident Evil 5 - $18
Tekken 6 - $32

PS3
COD MW2 - restocked
Fifa 10 - restocked
Killzone 2 - restocked
Resistance 2 - 25
UFC 2009 - 24
Uncharted 2 - 35

Wii
MySims Agents - 26
TMNT - 24

Why would you get Valkyria Chronicles for $20 when you could get it at Gamestop for the exact same price but new? But other than that, it's a really good deal.

[quote name='kaydigi']Even though they say working condition, has anyone received scratched games? Looking to pick up that NBA 2K10[/QUOTE]

I have ordered a total of 3 games from Gamestaq. 2 of the 3 were unreadable on my 360. They are working to make it right, however, be advised that their customer service department is very, very slow in responding to emails. I also experienced a significant shipping delay in my initial order. (it took 3 weeks, 2 emails, and a post here on cag to finally get some attention.)

Not too bad of deal on Halo 3 ODST. I'm buying it for the multi-player disk, so better come with both :).

I've been playing my halo 3 copy off of the hard drive and boot up through my game which won't even recognize there is even a disk in, but it'll recognize that halo 3 disk is in the drive and will boot up from the drive. But I'd say like 10% of the time I have to restart my xbox360 for it to read that there is a disk in the drive to boot up halo 3. It's laser scratched, and nothing I can do.

I've been looking around to save some money and find deals, and I like to find deals.

I placed an order and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

On ebay it was going for 35-40.00 used with shipping, so thus far it's pretty close with ebay without having to bid on. Actually 34.50 30+2.00 fee and 2.50 for shipping, so cheaper than average ebay price.

Was going to go to Gamestop and purchase it used, but that would be $50.00 not including tax, and with gas would be about $5.00 to and from home, and I could purchase it new at Walmart with free shipping for $50.00 +tax, so probably $56.00 for New at Walmart not including gas.

No I don't have a Gamestop card no ever have. My brother has had one in the past, but he as well doesn't like gamestop.

I was going to go try Gamestop on the trade in special of 3 for 10$ extra, but 2 of my games are $2.00 and $2.00 and less aren't included in the deal. Both games are selling for $10.00 so 20% back isn't great at all.

If this site is legit like a couple say it is. It is worth a go. Says 2-3 shipping from where I live, which was $2.50 and that's not a bad price.

I'd guess it would arrive about the 4th of January, because of the New Years. So I expect it to arrive around then.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for letting us know about this site.

Gamestaq is the place to go if you want to get a used game. Hands down. It's just a shame I keep trying to get new games on release these days. Their prices fall FAST too so it's pretty awesome if you're willing to wait a little.

I've had no problems with them.

So for PS3, I'm getting that Blazblue and Far Cry 2 are worth it. Anything else?

After looking through the website, I'd say that these deals are pretty good if you're up to playing the games now. All games eventually drop in price and even though, for example, Fallout 3 PS3 USED is $16 on the website, the GOTY one will EVENTUALLY be $30 and then $20 NEW.

[quote name='Furian']I have ordered a total of 3 games from Gamestaq. 2 of the 3 were unreadable on my 360. They are working to make it right, however, be advised that their customer service department is very, very slow in responding to emails. I also experienced a significant shipping delay in my initial order. (it took 3 weeks, 2 emails, and a post here on cag to finally get some attention.)[/QUOTE]

Scared straight, thanks. I'll just wait for the $39.99 MSRP drop in Feb.

bread's done
Back