Gamestop 10% off coupon! Now expires 12/7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwelyk

CAGiversary!
They were close this time, but it did update itself!

Here's the HTML for the entire e-mail
Code:
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_top.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_side.jpg[/IMG]
                                [B]Here's What You'll Receive[/B]:

[B]GameStop Special Announcements[/B] 

[*]Exclusive In-Store events at your local GameStop 
                                [*]Special offers geard to your gaming preference 
                                [*]Latest release dates, price drops & bonus offers

[B]GameStop Weekly Newsletter[/B] 

The best way to stay informed on something is to have direct contact with its source. The GameStop Newsletter keeps you in touch with the latest games and offers available on a weekly basis. And every Friday you'll receive our Weekly Ad which calls out hot deals which usually aren't around long.

Welcome to a whole new world of gaming. 

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_youget.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_coupon1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_coupon2.jpg[/IMG]
                    [IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_exp070607.jpg[/IMG]

[URL="http://link.gamestop.com/t/80264/14742880/1643/0/"][IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newsletter/offer/welcome/newwelcome2_unsub.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Here are the images:
newwelcome2_coupon1.jpg

newwelcome2_coupon2.jpg
newwelcome2_exp070607.jpg

It's three seperate images.

Anyway just copy the code into something and save it as an HTML page and Boom! you have it.

EDIT: Here is the entire e-mail as one image:
emailkp2.png

Crop as you want.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does this stack with the B2G1F used sale this weekend? Or is that considered another offer, because this and edge and a free game would be fucking amazing.[/quote]

Only works on new.

[quote name='davo1224']Only works on new.[/quote]

Huh? It doesn't say that at all.

There have been some reports of it working before, but you need to realize that it varies. One time, a coupon refused an edge card working at all. So it's up to how corporate does it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']ive heard it only works on one item[/quote]

What? And you're a "veteran"?
It works on as many items as you want to buy, and it certainly applies to used as well, the only thing you can't use it on is consoles...
As far as using the coupon multiple times, there is nothing in the language of the small print that says you can't, and I have never had trouble with it. It's their coupon, if they have an issue they should take it up with corporate...

[quote name='saintpale']What? And you're a "veteran"?
It works on as many items as you want to buy, and it certainly applies to used as well, the only thing you can't use it on is consoles...
As far as using the coupon multiple times, there is nothing in the language of the small print that says you can't, and I have never had trouble with it. It's their coupon, if they have an issue they should take it up with corporate...[/quote]

i said 'i heard' this. like all coupons, ymmv based on the overall dickheadness of the employee ringing you up. luckily when i got rockband it was from this cool guy that always treats me right so i got it to work. i dont see why he would lie to me and say it only applied to one item but i wasnt about to give him a hard time, 18 off rockband > 2 off crap used game. and under coupon notes it says it is good for one time use only, i mean how many times can you sign up for the newsletter :)

I tried using this with the B2G1F sale and it wouldn't work. The girl at the counter tried and it looked at it again and said that it probably would work with a normal B2G1F sale but this is a special one since it's just for BF and only for a few hours.

[quote name='Vinny']I tried using this with the B2G1F sale and it wouldn't work. The girl at the counter tried and it looked at it again and said that it probably would work with a normal B2G1F sale but this is a special one since it's just for BF and only for a few hours.[/quote]B2G1 sale isn't just for BF, it's for all weekend. No reason why the coupon shouldn't work unless they've done something in their registers to prevent it from being used this weekend.

it doesn't work because the B2G1 free promotion is overriding the 10% off coupon in the computer. Only one promotion can be applied at a time on anything (outside the Edge 10% which is stackable). Even the coupon itself says "May not be combined with another offer."

[quote name='shrike4242']B2G1 sale isn't just for BF, it's for all weekend. No reason why the coupon shouldn't work unless they've done something in their registers to prevent it from being used this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just realized that a bit ago. The door busters were what was only for a few hours- guess I got them confused.

When it said it can't be combined, I figured it would meant like with another coupon or something. Oh well, I'm not too mad about it since I found some great games.

[quote name='davo1224']The coupon says "May not be used on previously owned merchandise." so it's YMMV if you get them to do it.[/quote]It doesn't say "previously owned merchandise", it says previously purchased merchandise . That means you can't do a return and rebuy with the coupon, though it's perfectly usable on used items or new items, and it knocks 10% off the complete transaction, not just one item.

I went to GS today but forgot to bring a print out and asked the clerk if I could come back with it and get an adjustment later, she asked her manager and he said that the coupon specifically states that it cannot be used for UMD movies!? I looked at it and it doesn't state that anywhere! Oh well, I ended picking 6 UMD anyways for 3.99 ea.

[quote name='shrike4242']It doesn't say "previously owned merchandise", it says previously purchased merchandise . That means you can't do a return and rebuy with the coupon, though it's perfectly usable on used items or new items, and it knocks 10% off the complete transaction, not just one item.[/QUOTE]

It should knock 10% off all non-sale items. They'd have to override to get both to work. I'm gonna give it a shot, since I was planning on getting games anyway.

So where did this coupon/email actually come from? What has to be signed up for: the EDGE card, or the Newsletter?

Newsletter. You only get it once when you sign up, but the image updates often, so you don't have to have multiple e-mail addresses to get more. :p

As for using this multiple times, I've used these damn coupons roughly every time they've made them available in the past few months and no one cared. The coupons don't ever say they're limited for a one time use and are pretty much limited to just one per visit. Not to mention, it's fun seeing how often staff rotates at one GameStop, so I usually never end up with the same person ringing up my coupons. :lol:

It should work on an entire purchase-- notice the instructions to the employee: "After entering the purchase items...."

Plural. On used stuff too, there's no fine print about it other than game systems and previous purchases.
Oh, and it should work on UMD's, even though they wouldn't give me them for 3.99-- it was only a few minutes after 11 for their doorbuster sale. I walked out, after they put them all back in their cases.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's technically counted as a price drop. If you look on their site, it's regarded as a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Dang, then that means the employee was wrong today about how the coupon wouldn't work. Oh well, going to swing by another GS that's on the way and I guess I just do a return/rebuy. I'm only saving $2 doing this though lol.

[quote name='souNReAL']does this work on consoles??

specifificall PSP because im trying to get one as we speak[/quote]

I'd say the part about "excludes video game systems" would be a clue.

newwelcome2_coupon2.jpg

[quote name='espionage']it doesn't work because the B2G1 free promotion is overriding the 10% off coupon in the computer. Only one promotion can be applied at a time on anything (outside the Edge 10% which is stackable). Even the coupon itself says "May not be combined with another offer."[/quote]Thanks for the info. Now I can avoid looking like an idiot with a coupon that doesn't work.

I'll hit my 2 local G'stoppos tomorrow for B2G1. I wasn't going anywhere near the mall today.

[quote name='cranguy']Thanks for the info. Now I can avoid looking like an idiot with a coupon that doesn't work.

I'll hit my 2 local G'stoppos tomorrow for B2G1. I wasn't going anywhere near the mall today.[/quote]

hopefully there will be stuff left. i stocked up on a lot of new games, i hope i can score cod4 before Sunday!

[quote name='chargeup45']It should knock 10% off all non-sale items. They'd have to override to get both to work. I'm gonna give it a shot, since I was planning on getting games anyway.[/quote]

It simply will not work in combination with the Buy 2 Get 1, they do not stack, the only thing that stacks with that is the Edge card...

Bought Mass Effect today, but forgot to print out this coupon. I went back to the store a few hours later with the coupon (and unopened game) and they gave me a refund on the 10%. They were pretty cool about it, but then again I've been shopping there for years. Thanks CAG

[quote name='brez3692']I Go to save as and type deal.HTML yet nothing changes, am i doing something wrong?[/quote]

I copied the whole html code, pasted it in notepad, then replaced .txt with .html as I saved.

Can this coupon be stacked with store credit?

[quote name='thenockmlb']Wouldn't let me used this on the B2G1F sale.[/quote]

it's been stated in this very thread several times...

[quote name='saintpale']it's been stated in this very thread several times...[/QUOTE]
it's also in the you-don't-need-a-magnifying-glass-to-read-it fine print.

I went to GS a few minutes before closing to get Tomb Raider for $20. The girl said that the promo was only on Friday morning(even though it's on the .com for $20 still, but I didn't mention that). Anyway, I gave coupon, and in her rush to clear out everyone, she gave me $10 off insteasd of 10%. So I did get it for $20 anyway. :D The Gamestop god loves me, because this is the second time (out of only 3 or 4 uses) that I've gotten more discounts from this coupon than I should have.

Can you just cut out the offer part, or do you need the whole email? Everytime I print out the whole thing it leaves a path at the bottom of the page which reveals that is from my computer and not from an email.

[quote name='supadude5000']Can you just cut out the offer part, or do you need the whole email? Everytime I print out the whole thing it leaves a path at the bottom of the page which reveals that is from my computer and not from an email.[/quote]

You could simply cut off that bit...

I don't know if anybody has used this lately, but when I used it tonight, they made me write my email down on the printout so they could store it on file. Is this some new way to limit usage, or is it just so they won't get in trouble? Anybody know?

I used it to get Maa Effect about a week or so ago. the guy gave the coupon back to me. It all depends on the person behind the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back