Gamestop 20-40% off Pre-owned Games 4/25-4/27 (YMMV)

RienBoyle72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
I just talked with one of my local Gamestop managers and he told me about a promo this upcoming weekend.

Buy 2 used games get 20% off (30% with PUR)

Buy 4 used games get 30% off (40% with PUR)

Buy 6+ used games get 40% (50% with PUR)

The manager here said they were also doing the 50% (60% PUR) TIV bonus at this store as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a used copy of MGS Ground Zeroes for PS4 with 5 other 99 cent games and the birthday coupon DID stack. The breakdown on the receipt shows like this:

MGS Ground Zeroes - 14.10
Disc: 5.60 Promo #15950
Disc: 6.72 Promo #16053
Disc: 1.57 Powerup Card 10%

On the above list, #15950 appears to be the birthday coupon and #16053 appears to be the 30% off promo.
Could you show the breakdown for one of the other games? Wanted to confirm if the Bday coupon gets applied for just the first/costliest game or all 6. I am not planning to buy fillers unless I am forced to.

Birthday coupon does stack, brought my bravely default down to about $19. Got a few other games. My 99 cent gears of war two was a like new steel case. I'll keep that...

Didn't look in thread, but 50% more is on games only...

XBOX One = $275.00

Titanfall = $27.00

XBOX One Charge Kit = $9.00

XBOX Headset (included with system) = $7.00

Total with bonuses = $417.98

Traded toward MLB the Show 14 and UFC for PS4 (both paid in full).

and walked out with (all for PS4) FIFA 14, Lego Marvel, Injustice Ultimate Edition, 50 amazon card and 30 xbox card (for son's) X360.

Still have $52.82 in credit left over

Got Titanfall for $27 with the Birthday Coupon, also grabbed AC Brotherhood and Revelations to round out my collection, Crackdown 2, and 2 Resident Evil games that I'll probably return for something else. Selection was kind of eh. Total came out to around 60 bucks though, not bad.

I'm not understanding. Get six random games (one decent priced one, let's say Infamous ss). With the 50% plus the bday coupon, wouldn't infamous be 70% off?

I'm not understanding. Get six random games (one decent priced one, let's say Infamous ss). With the 50% plus the bday coupon, wouldn't infamous be 70% off?
It doesn't ring up that way. It takes the 30% off first. From that price it then takes the 10% off for PUR, then the 20% if you use the bday coupon.

First off, it's not 50%. Buy 6 games get 30% then 10% = 37% off all of the games. If you stack the bday coupon, which is only good on one game, it will take 20% off the already discounted highest priced game. At least that's my current understanding. I'll probably try it out over the weekend.

Looked around for a while, but there's really not much I want right now, especially since I don't have any of the new consoles (only current system I have is 3DS). But I did get:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World $20
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box $7
Picross 3D $5
Prey $1
Gears of War 2 $1
Guitar Hero III $1

Total after discount: $23

Tales has case and manual too; it was the only game that that actually mattered to me. Not too bad.

I remember somebody saying GS cracking down on returning games that are bought as a "bundle" or used to get trade bumps, is it true?

Where are you getting 50% off? It's 40% WITH PUR not +PUR.
Gotcha. Thanks. And also, birthday coupon I've been using all month and expires 5/31 isn't working online, is it in store only? Only asking because I saw someone claiming to have used it online.

Yes, I just returned a filler game with no problems. They might look at you a little weird, but who cares. LOL
Really? I know with B2G1, you have to return all of them. Figured it'd be the same here. If not, then...hmmm... :whistle2:k

Just got back, got 5 89 cent games and one for 44.99 after pur, walked out with all of them for $25 after deal and birthday coupon. They'll insist the coupon won't work but make them anyways.

Could you show the breakdown for one of the other games? Wanted to confirm if the Bday coupon gets applied for just the first/costliest game or all 6. I am not planning to buy fillers unless I am forced to.
I used the BD coupon 2 times today with different PUR accounts.
Both times I had some random $0.99 games for my backlog. Both times the BD coupon lowered the highest priced game in the transaction. (Titanfall 1st transaction and Infamous SS 2nd transaction)

[attachment=4619:IMAG1614.jpg]

where can i get this BD coupon? i walked in there and got a few games. i want to go back tomorrow and snag some more. can someone post a coupon?

Okay has anyone had the problem of not being able to login to PUR?  I am entering the correct email and PW and it says the info is not correct.  Also tried "Forgot my Password?" and tried resetting it.  Reset it, and it still is not working....any help or anyone experience this before?

Okay has anyone had the problem of not being able to login to PUR? I am entering the correct email and PW and it says the info is not correct. Also tried "Forgot my Password?" and tried resetting it. Reset it, and it still is not working....any help or anyone experience this before?

Yep, my account was all messed up, call the phone number on the power up rewards page, they will hopefully get you sorted out. (first guy deleted my account, called back second rep, fixed it and gave me extra points to make up for it. Their phone line is a crap shoot)

I've got a stow b2g1. Need to figure out the best way to maximize it with this. Would it be to buy 3 higher priced games and 3 cheap filler games? Does anyone know if the coupon will get me the 3rd high price game if I do that?

And I agree on the poor wording of that part of the fine print--it makes it sound like Gamestop wants to enter the game-rental business. :roll:
They're basically a free rental business. I was able to "try" a refurbished Vita 1000 for a week while I hunted for a brand new one. The sticks were nearly dead on the refurb so i'm glad I was able to return a week later.

Was able to grab:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Bravely Default
4 0.99 sports games

With Bday coupon + 30% + PUR, came out to $55. Very happy with that. Might go back and grab Xenoblade Chronicles or Metroid Trilogy (was given a Wii from family that they didn't use anymore so trying to grab some quality games / rarer ones)

My Gamestop actually has a copy of Rhythm Thief in stock, so I'm just going to grab that and Bravely Default (using the birthday coupon for that) and just pick up a bunch of 99 cent games

Just got an email on trying a crappy iOS game to get $3 off (should I post it?), going to try to stack with this and the 

Bday like last time.

bread's done
Back