Gamestop $20 off $80 or more

poker360

Banned

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6
SHAVE $20 OFF THE TOP
It's a good time to go shopping and stock up on those titles you've been stalking. Save $20* on orders of $80 or more with code: 20OFF80 – online only.
*Expires May 14

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers

sorry if this has already been posted, i searched and did not see it. This is essentially the same deal as 25% off 100 only you don't have to spend as much

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm...so if i add something super cheap this would be like getting Fallout New Vegas CE for the same price as the regular version. :)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Hm...so if i add something super cheap this would be like getting Fallout New Vegas CE for the same price as the regular version. :)[/QUOTE]

i would assume since it is 79.99 you would need to add something really cheap to get the $20 off :p

I can't get it to work. It keeps saying I can't use it in conjunction with the other coupons in my cart. All 0 of them. I don't even have Edge associated with the account.

EDIT: Never mind. I just had to remove the coupons from the other account's cart.

Whoa. This coupon is buggy. First when I tried to use it with 4x CoD4:GOTY and 1x Gears of War (used) it only gave me $9.99 off for GoW, despite me having a base price of more than $100. I tried removing a CoD and adding a Gears, but the same thing happened. However, like coupons on Gamestop's website do sometimes, it used the description of another code, which was:

20OFF80 - Buy 1 used in-stock game get another used game of equal or lesser value free. Online offer only. May not be combined with other offers. No resellers. While supplies last. - Gears of War

So I don't know what's going on.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Does not work on pre-orders, just tried. Was really hoping to snag New Vegas CE for $60, bah.[/QUOTE]

It did for me. I put Madden 11 pre-order and a Blue DS3 Controller in my cart and it worked fine.

Just can't combine with other coupons.

Pretty good deal for a colored PS3 controller. I just ordered a blue one with fallout new vegas and the $20 was deducted from the controller. So basically $36.74 for a new blue controller is not bad.

The coupon seems to want to take off the lowest priced item no matter what.

I did

RDR + $19.99 game plus $5 ps3 triggers to get over $80. Only took off the $5 ps3 triggers.
RDR + $19.99 game plus $0.99 used ps2 game, it only takes off 99 cents

I did Lost Planet 2, Sid Meiers Civ Rev and $0.99 used ps2 game and it only takes off 99 cents.

So what happens if you use a $75 preorder and a $25 in-stock.... it looks like it takes the $20 off the in-stock item... if I then cancelled the preorder, does that mean I get the game for $5?

[quote name='bitzer']So what happens if you use a $75 preorder and a $25 in-stock.... it looks like it takes the $20 off the in-stock item... if I then cancelled the preorder, does that mean I get the game for $5?[/QUOTE]
I love you.

[quote name='bitzer']So what happens if you use a $75 preorder and a $25 in-stock.... it looks like it takes the $20 off the in-stock item... if I then cancelled the preorder, does that mean I get the game for $5?[/QUOTE]
$20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more.

Killing me.

I just put in an order for Red Dead Redemption and CoD4, and canceled the RDR. The total comes to $3.28. I'm doubting it goes through without RDR, but I'll wait and see what happens.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I just put in an order for Red Dead Redemption and CoD4, and canceled the RDR. The total comes to $3.28. I'm doubting it goes through without RDR, but I'll wait and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Well, nice job cancelling before your game even had a chance of shipping. That was smart. You now just flagged it for everybody.

I ordered 3D Dot Heroes and LEGO Harry Potter (it happened to be on the page). My order history shows 3D Dot Heroes as $19.99 and Harry Potter at regular price. I plan on waiting for 3D to ship first, then cancel HP.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I bet a lot of people are going to get bit on the ass trying to cancel pre orders.[/QUOTE]

Based on what? They have never prevented cancellations before and it's not like they can force you to go through with a preorder.

It worked for me when ordering a preorder... ModNation Racers + used Infamous = $62.50 ....so it's like getting Infamous for $2.50, plus ModNation Racers has a $10 credit.... but Amazon's ModNation Racers has the better pre-order bonus. (Kratos racers at Gamestop vs. Ratchet & Clank racers & mystery racer/cart at Amazon). hmmmmm

[quote name='bojay1997']Based on what? They have never prevented cancellations before and it's not like they can force you to go through with a preorder.[/QUOTE]

No, they can't. But they can probably make you pay regular price for the item you DO get, however. Surely someone has tried this before though - so, anyone ever get away with this??

[quote name='bojay1997']Based on what? They have never prevented cancellations before and it's not like they can force you to go through with a preorder.[/QUOTE]

True, but they could not refund you the full amount because of the $20 off. So lets say you buy a $60 pre order and a $40 game and they discount the current $40 game to $20, they could only refund you $40 for your $60 pre order.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I just put in an order for Red Dead Redemption and CoD4, and canceled the RDR. The total comes to $3.28. I'm doubting it goes through without RDR, but I'll wait and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered lost planet 2 and RDR using 25off, and when i saw Toysrus $25 gc for RDR i canceled my gamestop RDR pre-order after my LP2 shipped and was only charged $45 for LP2.

[quote name='imacjenn']No, they can't. But they can probably make you pay regular price for the item you DO get, however. Surely someone has tried this before though - so, anyone ever get away with this??[/QUOTE]
Ah, the benefits of paying with GS credit. :p The thing is, this coupon has never acted like this before. It's always halved/thirded/whatever the prices of the two/three/whatever games you ordered. So we'll see how this plays out.

[quote name='imacjenn']No, they can't. But they can probably make you pay regular price for the item you DO get, however. Surely someone has tried this before though - so, anyone ever get away with this??[/QUOTE]
Gamestop could do whatever they want. But it doesnt mean it isnt worth a shot. I am using store credit anyway. So I am not worried either way.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I've got UFC 2010 and NFS:Shift in my cart right now, and for some reason it's not deducting the $20 off the order. Is it dead already?[/QUOTE]
It may not work for certain combinations of games... Seems like this happens a lot with GS.com codes. I got NFS Shift to work with Harry Potter, so its still working.

Looks like the preorder glitch it may be dead now. I tried to get LA Noire and Assassins Creed 2. The $20 off worked all the way until the final part of checkout and it was suddenly removed and said that the code did not work on my order.

[quote name='jscme']Looks like the preorder glitch it may be dead now. I tried to get LA Noire and Assassins Creed 2. The $20 off worked all the way until the final part of checkout and it was suddenly removed and said that the code did not work on my order.[/QUOTE]

yea they even removed 25OFF (worked on preorders last night) no longer works :(

Was going to get

Golden sun ds
Dawn of heroes Ds
modnation PSP
and
some Force game PSP

was 125 would knocked it down to 93 or 83 after 10 buck coupon L(

Would of been 20,20,20 and 23 for sun.... o well gamestop just lost 100 bucks that will just go to amazon or some other place :)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, they canceled all my orders- even the one with SMG2 and SSFIV, in which I didn't cancel the SMG2 pre-order.[/QUOTE]

How much did you order?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Well, they canceled all my orders- even the one with SMG2 and SSFIV, in which I didn't cancel the SMG2 pre-order.[/QUOTE]

ah, I never expected them to be vindictive about it. I might actually put up a stink if they cancel my valid preorders just because sometimes their website is like a playground that I just ... can't ... resist.

Would have been happy for you guys if it worked out for you but at the same time I must say.....Who has two thumbs and called it...thats right this guy! ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Would have been happy for you guys if it worked out for you but at the same time I must say.....Who has two thumbs and called it...thats right this guy! ;)[/QUOTE]

;____;

Magus wins again.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']How much did you order?[/QUOTE]
I had six orders, including that one... But upon checking again, it seems like my CoD4 is "Pending." It may actually go through. :D

[quote name='MSI Magus']Would have been happy for you guys if it worked out for you but at the same time I must say.....Who has two thumbs and called it...thats right this guy! ;)[/QUOTE]
My order is still pending. Dont count your chickens before they hatch! ;)

bread's done
Back