Gamestop $20 off $80 or more

poker360

Banned

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6
SHAVE $20 OFF THE TOP
It's a good time to go shopping and stock up on those titles you've been stalking. Save $20* on orders of $80 or more with code: 20OFF80 – online only.
*Expires May 14

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers

sorry if this has already been posted, i searched and did not see it. This is essentially the same deal as 25% off 100 only you don't have to spend as much

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered bowser's inside story along with halo reach, and planning to just keep the mario game. i was thinking of also getting no more heroes 2 on a second order, but i think i'll just leave it at 1 order to keep it safe.

Just added Gears 3 and Fallout New Vegas CE for 360 and the 25OFF still seems to be working. Wish I had something else to pre-order, already have gears 3 on another order and don't like to cancel.

Edit: Never mind, they cut me off before submission and the code went dead for me. Really wanted the CE for Fallout New Vegas. Seems like certain parts of the site are not accessible right now, they are likely updating the system to disable the codes we are using.

[quote name='Jackr']Just added Gears 3 and Fallout New Vegas CE for 360 and the 25OFF still seems to be working. Wish I had something else to pre-order, already have gears 3 on another order and don't like to cancel.

Edit: Never mind, they cut me off before submission and the code went dead for me. Really wanted the CE for Fallout New Vegas. Seems like certain parts of the site are not accessible right now, they are likely updating the system to disable the codes we are using.[/QUOTE]

25OFF works all the way up to the final page and then it takes it off :(

game i got on checkout

Hexyz Force
Dawn of heroes
Modnation racers psp
golden sun DS

if 25OFF it would been 93 or 83 after 10 coupon ....

say 21 for each... but then again the first 3 will be 20 or less by the end of summer.. so i can wait (and already have golden sun preorderd for 28.75 via amazon

DOUBLE EDIT

added a cheap 99 cent PS2 game and got it to work

WITH TAX
Hexyz Force
Dawn of heroes
Modnation racers psp
golden sun DS

101.05 and get a 10 buck coupon so say 90 for the 4 games........ breaks them down to 22.50 each

or could say
20 for Modnation
30 for golden sun
20 for dawn of heroes
20 for hexyz force

but like i said before i think dawn of heroes and he. force will be 20 soon enough not sure if i want to order or not now LOL

would be billed 68.20 + tax for Mod nation , dawn of heroes and hexy force so after 10 coupon would break them down to 20 each..

Last edited by a moderator:
so i made one order with bowser's inside castle and halo reach, and another order with fallout ce and no more heroes 2. both bowser and NMH2 are listed as shipped.

I made two orders. One with FONV CE and BlazBlue and another with Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and Dark Void. I got scared due to a gift card issue so I cancelled FONV and left BlazBlue there, for an order total of $2.49. Well I just checked my order and BlazBlue has shipped, but Dark Void hasn't.

If DV ships and the coupon still works I'll be placing one more order for Wet.

Boo... I was hoping this would work for pre-orders. Would have made Fallout NV CE the same price as the regular game.

ok so for those of us who actually want to order games to play and not fuck around and game the system, does this 20 off actually work on pre-orders still?

As far as glitches and exploitable things GameStop wins this award from me. Before them it was Amazon with ECA and Best Buy with free games. Now that ECA is pretty much fixed except for a few and BB fixed the free game issue GameStop wins.

First with I think it was 20% off doubling up on the 4th item in an order back in February, then with the 10% and 25% off stacking for new or used items, and now with this working on in stock games basically making $25 games 90% off they easily win my vote.

[quote name='confoosious']ok so for those of us who actually want to order games to play and not fuck around and game the system, does this 20 off actually work on pre-orders still?[/QUOTE]

This never worked on pre-orders.

[quote name='confoosious']ok so for those of us who actually want to order games to play and not fuck around and game the system, does this 20 off actually work on pre-orders still?[/QUOTE]
It only takes money off in-store items, but pre-orders count toward the total. So it sort of works, if you want to keep your pre-orders.

And to anyone thinking of taking advantage of the "cancel pre-order and keep $20off in-stock game" exploit- don't, I'm sure they'll be blacklisting said people.

[quote name='Guerrilla']It only takes money off in-store items, but pre-orders count toward the total. And honestly wouldn't take advantage of the "cancel preorder and keep $20off in-store game" exploit because I'm sure they'll be blacklisting said people.[/QUOTE]

Got it. Thanks.

25OFF worked for me yesterday on Alan Wake LE.

And to anyone thinking of taking advantage of the "cancel pre-order and keep $20off in-stock game" exploit- don't, I'm sure they'll be blacklisting said people.
You really think they are "blacklisting" people? Joking right?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Tell us how it goes please.[/QUOTE]

Got Pokemon Platinum (DS)...
Stacked with EDGE...
$5.19 TOTAL...
Status = Shipped

[quote name='confoosious']Ask Jackie Chandler.[/QUOTE]

jackie chandler ordered 1000 dollars worth of stuff his own fault

[quote name='killer9']jackie chandler ordered 1000 dollars worth of stuff his own fault[/QUOTE]

I thought you said Gamestop liked money? $1000 is a lot of money.

I'm not scared. I'm not bothering with this "glitch" since I basically have every game I want that isn't a preorder.

I just didn't think your statement had much merit since JackieC did get banned and he actually was trying to spend a lot of money. Clearly GS is wary of customers who might be exploiting their system(s) and it's not just they like money so they don't care.

Have 4 orders on games I was interested in, but not critical to me (a couple casual). I paired each order with FONV CE and all of my orders are still listed as "Verifying" (and I believe I placed them before Saix). If I don't see any movement, I may go in and cancel the FONV off each order to bring the totals down to 2.50 and see if that pushes them through.

[quote name='killer9']lol i think he is having a laugh gamestop likes money they wont black list anyone[/QUOTE]

Actually, they do. I was, for "buying too many games".

[quote name='kell']Actually, they do. I was, for "buying too many games".[/QUOTE]

So what does that mean? They just restrict you from buying online?

[quote name='Mizzou75']So what does that mean? They just restrict you from buying online?[/QUOTE]
Yep. Not a huge loss for me.

i ordered bowser's inside story along with halo reach, and planning to just keep the mario game. i was thinking of also getting no more heroes 2 on a second order, but i think i'll just leave it at 1 order to keep it safe. :)
banner.png

[quote name='confoosious']JackieC did get banned[/QUOTE]
No, I never got banned, in store or online. I won't be able to order things for the next couple of months, yeah, but it's a lot different from being banned. Besides, it turns out the only reason I got counted for spending so much money is because they counted the amount of orders I got for free/heavily discounted with my $10 coupon codes, and parts of orders I canceled during 25OFF. I've never been "blacklisted"- otherwise, I doubt it would have been as simple as making an alternate account. I'd think they'd track my address and personal info.

Also, it turns out my CoD4 shipped, and I've a couple more still Verifying. I'm pretty hopeful. :D

[quote name='jetsaredim']Have 4 orders on games I was interested in, but not critical to me (a couple casual). I paired each order with FONV CE and all of my orders are still listed as "Verifying" (and I believe I placed them before Saix). If I don't see any movement, I may go in and cancel the FONV off each order to bring the totals down to 2.50 and see if that pushes them through.[/QUOTE]

... You REALLY think that making the glitch more apparent is going to help you out? This is why we can't have nice things.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']... You REALLY think that making the glitch more apparent is going to help you out? This is why we can't have nice things.[/QUOTE]

Well due to my freaking out of my gift card balance going down more than my purchase amounts (but it being my own fault for not realizing it, I won't get into it) I cancelled my FONV and left BlazBlue for $2.49 in the order. I also had another order with Spider-Man Dimensional Rift/Shift/whatever and Dark Void. My Dark Void order is still pending, but BlazBlue shipped, take that however you want it.

[quote name='JockoMarlowe']You really think they are "blacklisting" people? Joking right?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='killer9']lol i think he is having a laugh gamestop likes money they wont black list anyone[/QUOTE]
Not at all. Too much odd activity will flag your account (as some people experienced during the 25OFF sale, usually with repeated cancellations and reorders). I think those resulted in a temporary online suspension and cancellations of all orders, even though they weren't exploiting anything. As for actual exploiting, who knows...

Anyway, it's merely a warning.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Those who got cheaper games shipped - are you waiting to cancel the pre-order after the main order ships I assume?[/QUOTE]

It worked for me when they had the other fiasco back in March when I stacked preorders for double discount. I canceled after a week or two. There was a post during that time too that someone asked customer service and they said there wasn't really any recourse to check and change prices when canceling.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']No, I never got banned, in store or online. I won't be able to order things for the next couple of months, yeah, but it's a lot different from being banned. Besides, it turns out the only reason I got counted for spending so much money is because they counted the amount of orders I got for free/heavily discounted with my $10 coupon codes, and parts of orders I canceled during 25OFF. I've never been "blacklisted"- otherwise, I doubt it would have been as simple as making an alternate account. I'd think they'd track my address and personal info.

Also, it turns out my CoD4 shipped, and I've a couple more still Verifying. I'm pretty hopeful. :D[/QUOTE]

temp bans are still bans :)

I read your story in the other thread and remembered it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']... You REALLY think that making the glitch more apparent is going to help you out? This is why we can't have nice things.[/QUOTE]

Hey I know you...you are the same guy that is always saying that same thing in the monthly Best Buy Reward Zone thread where we constantly get "free" games or games at a huge discount but since the community abuses it every time it will never come back..

picked up bioshock 2 and "pre ordered" halo reach. I've never abused the gamestop system before, so meh, whatever happens happens

hopefully getting fable 2 for free if it works with the FONV pre-order. we'll see, already did an order last night and another this morning with 25OFF, so they'll probably start canceling everything soon.

[quote name='confoosious']temp bans are still bans :)

I read your story in the other thread and remembered it.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. :p I'm just happy the guys at my local stores are so cool with me trading in multiples of stuff, even when it's from Gamestop's website. I remember getting flak about it a while back, but everything's still fine as far as that goes. :D

ordered super street fighter 4 for ps3 and mario galaxy 2 might just keep mario galaxy 2 since it comes with a 20 dollar credit

Has anyone been able to get this to work with the Fallout New Vegas CE with a filler game to drop 20 off?

Just after the New Vegas CE.

bread's done
Back