Gamestop $20 off $80 or more

poker360

Banned

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6
SHAVE $20 OFF THE TOP
It's a good time to go shopping and stock up on those titles you've been stalking. Save $20* on orders of $80 or more with code: 20OFF80 – online only.
*Expires May 14

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers

sorry if this has already been posted, i searched and did not see it. This is essentially the same deal as 25% off 100 only you don't have to spend as much

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']For those who got their orders shipped I assume most if not all were USPS if you chose free shipping. Are any of the tracking numbers working for you? One of mine was sent yesterday and two today and no tracking #s work as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped out with USPS today, and it's working already. Shows that it was picked up in Louisville.

[quote name='bthoma']Mine shipped out with USPS today, and it's working already. Shows that it was picked up in Louisville.[/QUOTE]

We'll that's a bit unsettling then....weird.

[quote name='jraypeon']Did you try to have orders with a 0 total? I had 1 19.99 game I tried to pull through with 0.00 on the balance... got canceled.

Other games I ordered like WET went through - ~3 charge on edge.[/QUOTE]

I have one shipped that has a 0 balance. It has a working USPS tracking number saying that it was picked up in KY. Here's hoping it doesn't stop there...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']For those who got their orders shipped I assume most if not all were USPS if you chose free shipping. Are any of the tracking numbers working for you? One of mine was sent yesterday and two today and no tracking #s work as of yet.[/QUOTE]

I have one working and one not working #...not sure what the deal is with that. Only one of them has the preorder canceled so far, making it even weirder.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']We'll that's a bit unsettling then....weird.[/QUOTE]
Not weird at all. All are different. It's up to who's handling the packages if they scan them or not and at what point. Most the time they don't scan them at most points for regular shipping.

[quote name='bthoma']hahaha. Totally got Sonic's Genesis Collection for PS3 for free. Just shipped out at 0.00.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll charge you for it later. They have your CC info.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']I'm sure they'll charge you for it later. They have your CC info.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can't do that.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Yeah, they can't do that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they can. You guys orders games to get a discount then canceled the games you had to pay for right?

They'll just charge for the game you got free just like if you cancel and item on amazon and it put you under the $25 they charge you shipping.

[quote name='Mizzou75']I'll take my chances.[/QUOTE]

ok but when you get charged full price for that game don't start bitching to us about it.

They are gonna charge you and when you demand your money back they're gonna say "sure...right after you ship us our game back bitch"

Out of curiosity, how is GS with honoring promotions that are attached to a game AFTER you preorder the game in question?

Will I have to contact CS to make sure they apply the promotion to my order, or should I be covered?

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Yeah they can. You guys orders games to get a discount then canceled the games you had to pay for right?

They'll just charge for the game you got free just like if you cancel and item on amazon and it put you under the $25 they charge you shipping.[/QUOTE]

Amazon will not charge you shipping if you order over $25 and one item ships and then you cancel before the other one does. I can't speak to how Gamestop will or will not handle this situation, but based on their past practice, it's very unlikely they will do anything if someone has paid something for the games they received and then cancel the unshipped ones.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']ok but when you get charged full price for that game don't start bitching to us about it.

They are gonna charge you and when you demand your money back they're gonna say "sure...right after you ship us our game back bitch"[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my pre-order game on my first order and the game still shipped and is now closed for a grand total of just over $2 and change.

Besides I used a gift card to pay for the 3 games I ordered. All I need to do is buy a gift card with my gift card (thus changing the acct number on the card) and there is no way they can charge me for the order, but I doubt I would need to do that.

Why are some people intent on seeing others harmed because they got in on this deal? Yes it was a glitch, but a glitch GS made for themselves. Everyone who got in on this deal is happy and everyone who sadly didn't should be happy for their fellow CAG.

If this was wrong in any way do you think this thread would still be open? Mods do not allow illegal deals to stay open for long.

[quote name='bojay1997']Amazon will not charge you shipping if you order over $25 and one item ships and then you cancel before the other one does. I can't speak to how Gamestop will or will not handle this situation, but based on their past practice, it's very unlikely they will do anything if someone has paid something for the games they received and then cancel the unshipped ones.[/QUOTE]

that's the thing though... the person I responded to had something ship for $0.00 then canceled the other items and thinks he won't be charged a cent.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I cancelled my pre-order game on my first order and the game still shipped and is now closed for a grand total of just over $2 and change.

Besides I used a gift card to pay for the 3 games I ordered. All I need to do is buy a gift card with my gift card (thus changing the acct number on the card) and there is no way they can charge me for the order, but I doubt I would need to do that.

Why are some people intent on seeing others harmed because they got in on this deal? Yes it was a glitch, but a glitch GS made for themselves. Everyone who got in on this deal is happy and everyone who sadly didn't should be happy for their fellow CAG.

If this was wrong in any way do you think this thread would still be open? Mods do not allow illegal deals to stay open for long.[/QUOTE]

Using a gc to by another gc is fraud at most stores. I love how you play the innocent but it's clear you're a dishonest ass.

I don't even like gs. I was just warning you guys that you'll probably be charged

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']Using a gc to by another gc is fraud at most stores. I love how you play the innocent but it's clear you're a dishonest ass.[/QUOTE]

You can think however you like of me but a good 100-150 posts disagree with your viewpoint(s) on this matter. I know I won't change your opinion and you won't change mine so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: I was told by my local GS store that this was completely fine if you use it to combine gift cards or break one up into smaller amounts.

[quote name='bojay1997']Amazon will not charge you shipping if you order over $25 and one item ships and then you cancel before the other one does. [/QUOTE]
Everything ships together when you choose free shipping on Amazon, so this scenario is not even possible.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can think however you like of me but a good 100-150 posts disagree with your viewpoint(s) on this matter. I know I won't change your opinion and you won't change mine so I'll leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

everyone disagreed with me about the kmart coupon and I was right about that too.;)

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']that's the thing though... the person I responded to had something ship for $0.00 then canceled the other items and thinks he won't be charged a cent.[/QUOTE]

Why would he be? They sold him that game for that price right? If they charge him a penny for it he should do a chargeback. Not saying it was right of him to do to begin with but the point is that game cost him 0.00 and I bet that's what he'll end up paying for that particular game.

[quote name='dino88']Everything ships together when you choose free shipping on Amazon, so this scenario is not even possible.[/QUOTE]

amazon started shipping stuff separately now.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']everyone disagreed with me about the kmart coupon and I was right about that too.;)[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the $10 off $20 coupon? I am unfamiliar with what happened later on in that thread, but the day it was out I used it approx 6 times with no issues at all. Yes it was cancelled/voided in the following day or two, but I see no problem using a coupon while following the rules stated on it. Again, you are entitled to your opinion and I mine, let's just agree to disagree and live our lives in the way(s) we see fit and fair.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']amazon started shipping stuff separately now.[/QUOTE]
I ordered 2 dvds (in-stock) with Red Dead and they never shipped.

[quote name='dino88']Everything ships together when you choose free shipping on Amazon, so this scenario is not even possible.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, assuming you order more than one thing and choose "ship items as they come available".

I've placed a single order for 3 items, and each one shipped separately, even though it was all under one order.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Not necessarily, assuming you order more than one thing and choose "ship items as they come available".

I've placed a single order for 3 items, and each one shipped separately, even though it was all under one order.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but when you choose "ship items as they become available" you have to pay more. This may be new, because I think mine used to ship separately with free shipping as well. Have you tried this recently? You don't happen to have Prime do you?

[quote name='dino88']Yes, but when you choose "ship items as they become available" you have to pay more. This may be new, because I think mine used to ship separately with free shipping as well. Have you tried this recently? You don't happen to have Prime do you?[/QUOTE]

mine used to ship in one always but the last 2 orders i placed have been split into 2 shipments automatically. both bluray orders. I also do not have ship as available selected.

Hm, that's strange. I wonder if it had something to do with the dvds being from different sellers (but fulfilled by Amazon). It didn't matter in the end though, since I started a Prime trial and just placed a new order.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']We'll that's a bit unsettling then....weird.[/QUOTE]

well in the email they send after your order ships, it states if you chose value shipping you won't get tracking information. so no need to be worried.

[quote name='dino88']Hm, that's strange. I wonder if it had something to do with the dvds being from different sellers (but fulfilled by Amazon). It didn't matter in the end though, since I started a Prime trial and just placed a new order.[/QUOTE]

nah I only buy directly from amazon. maybe they are coming from diff. distribution centers.

There are even separate shipping estimates.

Try putting the tracking # into UPS. What did the # begin with? That's how you tell if it's USPS or UPS. They use both at random.

[quote name='J7.']Try putting the tracking # into UPS. What did the # begin with? That's how you tell if it's USPS or UPS. They use both at random.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew that, they are all USPS tracking #s but USPS has no record of them.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So I'm confused.. How are people getting free games?[/QUOTE]

Before the code was fixed it would allow Pre-Orders to count toward the $80 requirement of the order, but it would take the $20 off an in-stock item. So for example:

-Pre-Order game worth $60
-In Stock Used Game at $25
-Order Total $85

The in stock used game would get 10% off due to EDGE then the $20 off, making it $2.50. Once the game ships you can then cancel the pre-order. Again, this was fixed so sadly the glitch portion of this deal is now dead.

I almost took advantage of this when it allowed the pre-orders... I kind of regret not doing it, and am kind of glad I resisted. :whistle2:/

Not correct. If you preorder a game at the same time you order an in-stock item, Amazon will typically wait a week or so and then ship the in-stock item on its own. If you then cancel the preorder, you are not charged the additional shipping. I haven't done this intentionally, but on a few occasions, other retailers had better deals on the pre-order item, so I ended up cancelling the Amazon pre-order portion of the order.

Pro-tip:

Just paste any tracking number into Google.
Google is smart and will take you to the appropriate tracking page be it UPS, FedEx, or USPS and others.

[quote name='dallow']Pro-tip:

Just paste any tracking number into Google.
Google is smart and will take you to the appropriate tracking page be it UPS, FedEx, or USPS and others.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it does, but it doesn't help me when USPS itself says "There is no record of this item." for all three of my games that say they were shipped. I know USPS tracking can be horrible so I am not freaking out (yet), but I am a bit confused.

Wasn't just referring to you.

And yes, USPS tracking sucks, so I wouldn't worry about that message at all, I've seen it plenty of times, even after something was delivered. Eventually it gets updated.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Indeed it does, but it doesn't help me when USPS itself says "There is no record of this item." for all three of my games that say they were shipped. I know USPS tracking can be horrible so I am not freaking out (yet), but I am a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

IF YOU SELECTED USA VALUE, USA PO BOXES, OR APO/FPO AS YOUR SHIPPING OPTION TRACKING INFORMATION WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. Please note that the airbill number will generally not be available to the carrier's tracking system until after 9 PM Central Standard Time. If you get an invalid message by clicking on the link above, try again after 9 PM Central Standard Time.

taken from the shipped email. i'm in the same boat as you saix, but i don't really expect it to have any shipping updates.

Just ordered:
Uncharted 2 - new
The Saboteur - used (no new :cry:)
Metal Gear Solid 4 - new
State of Emergency - used (filler)

All four came out to be $60.96 before taxes and shipping. Heres to hoping they don't cancel my order after the price bump on Uncharted 2. Used this link to get Uncharted 2 for $39.99, after the price bump, http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=270338

Does anyone know if I can exchange a game bought on their website for the same exact game in the store?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='y2jasper']taken from the shipped email. i'm in the same boat as you saix, but i don't really expect it to have any shipping updates.[/QUOTE]

I have tracking numbers for all my games.

When I ordered 5 used games they shipped via UPS. Also, 3D Dot Game Heroes was sent via USPS and it has tracking info available. All of my orders have had free value shipping, so the tracking disclaimer they give is not accurate in my experience (until now).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I have tracking numbers for all my games.

When I ordered 5 used games they shipped via UPS. Also, 3D Dot Game Heroes was sent via USPS and it has tracking info available. All of my orders have had free value shipping, so the tracking disclaimer they give is not accurate in my experience (until now).[/QUOTE]

interesting. i mean i have tracking numbers too, but on usps it just says no information. a friend of mine also recently made a gamestop.com purchase with free shipping and he also never had any tracking info. so i guess they just decide randomly what orders get tracked r something.

[quote name='y2jasper']interesting. i mean i have tracking numbers too, but on usps it just says no information. a friend of mine also recently made a gamestop.com purchase with free shipping and he also never had any tracking info. so i guess they just decide randomly what orders get tracked r something.[/QUOTE]

If you have tracking numbers from USPS that say no information, it's been shipped too recently to be tracked. In that case, you have to wait at least until the following day to check it and get any info.

But the USPS "tracking numbers" that Gamestop sends out are usually just delivery confirmation numbers. All they are really supposed to tell you is when your item was delivered, and usually when it was shipped, but not where is is in-between or when it's expected to arrive. It will also tell you if the delivery attempt was unsuccessful and the date and time of the attempt.

Sometimes you get lucky and can track your item reasonably well, other times you don't see any status change until the day it arrives at your home post office or at your door. I think post offices vary on when or if they scan items in transit.

Side story - I got a watch off eBay once that had a delivery confirmation number and spent over a month in transit - a substitute postman mistakenly returned it, thinking I had moved, and it then proceeded to bounce between Oregon and New York for a total of I think it was 23 times before I was able to track it down. The machines at the airports just automatically scanned it and kept rerouting it - but they were able to pin it down once I called and they put a flag on it. So, delivery confirmation numbers aren't completely worthless. :)

[quote name='imacjenn']If you have tracking numbers from USPS that say no information, it's been shipped too recently to be tracked. In that case, you have to wait at least until the following day to check it and get any info.

But the USPS "tracking numbers" that Gamestop sends out are usually just delivery confirmation numbers. All they are really supposed to tell you is when your item was delivered, and usually when it was shipped, but not where is is in-between or when it's expected to arrive. It will also tell you if the delivery attempt was unsuccessful and the date and time of the attempt.

Sometimes you get lucky and can track your item reasonably well, other times you don't see any status change until the day it arrives at your home post office or at your door. I think post offices vary on when or if they scan items in transit.

Side story - I got a watch off eBay once that had a delivery confirmation number and spent over a month in transit - a substitute postman mistakenly returned it, thinking I had moved, and it then proceeded to bounce between Oregon and New York for a total of I think it was 23 times before I was able to track it down. The machines at the airports just automatically scanned it and kept rerouting it - but they were able to pin it down once I called and they put a flag on it. So, delivery confirmation numbers aren't completely worthless. :)[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you...the USPS info is terrible and sometimes way off. Once I got a package from them before any info was updated at all; still said it was just picked up. 2 days later I clicked the wrong tracking number and I pulled up the already delivered one --- it told me that it was delivered 2 days ago.

[quote name='rockman1117']I completely agree with you...the USPS info is terrible and sometimes way off. Once I got a package from them before any info was updated at all; still said it was just picked up. 2 days later I clicked the wrong tracking number and I pulled up the already delivered one --- it told me that it was delivered 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I despise USPS tracking. 9/10 it's worthless and the other 1/10 times it's slow or inaccurate as hell. UPS and FedEx ftw.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I despise USPS tracking. 9/10 it's worthless and the other 1/10 times it's slow or inaccurate as hell. UPS and FedEx ftw.[/QUOTE]

Yup :bomb:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I despise USPS tracking. 9/10 it's worthless and the other 1/10 times it's slow or inaccurate as hell. UPS and FedEx ftw.[/QUOTE]

I've mailed and gotten 100's of things via USPS and usually it is fairly good with updating along the way (through processing or sorting facilities). I would say it is updated and accurate 9/10 times and only off 1/10 times. And like someone said, it really isn't tracking anyway, but it does function as that most of the time. UPS, on the other hand, has horribly slow and expensive service. I would never use them for anything but I have to for the Amazon trade-in program (where it takes them 8-10 days to ship my stuff to Amazon vs 4-6 for the post office even when I did media mail).

FWIW (and to keep on topic ;)) the two things I got from this sale already show intermediate USPS tracking info, though they didn't show anything right after they supposedly shipped. But the same is true for UPS shipments I've gotten from GS.

bread's done
Back