Gamestop $20 off $80 or more

poker360

Banned

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=6
SHAVE $20 OFF THE TOP
It's a good time to go shopping and stock up on those titles you've been stalking. Save $20* on orders of $80 or more with code: 20OFF80 – online only.
*Expires May 14

20OFF80 - $20 off any order of in-stock merchandise totaling $80 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles, hard drives, bundles, gift cards and select titles. May not be combined with other offers

sorry if this has already been posted, i searched and did not see it. This is essentially the same deal as 25% off 100 only you don't have to spend as much

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']I've mailed and gotten 100's of things via USPS and usually it is fairly good with updating along the way (through processing or sorting facilities). I would say it is updated and accurate 9/10 times and only off 1/10 times. And like someone said, it really isn't tracking anyway, but it does function as that most of the time. UPS, on the other hand, has horribly slow and expensive service. I would never use them for anything but I have to for the Amazon trade-in program (where it takes them 8-10 days to ship my stuff to Amazon vs 4-6 for the post office even when I did media mail).

FWIW (and to keep on topic ;)) the two things I got from this sale already show intermediate USPS tracking info, though they didn't show anything right after they supposedly shipped. But the same is true for UPS shipments I've gotten from GS.[/QUOTE]
Same here. My item shipped, and the next day it is shown going through the Louisville sort facility. I never have major issues with USPS like the others are reporting. Patience is a virtue I guess.

USPS offers a much better service than other shipping services. They actually usually deliver packages early, they deliver on Saturdays, locations to pick up packages are much more convenient than UPS, and their delivery times are pretty predictable, whereas UPS can deliver anytime from about 9am until 7pm. I have little experience with FedEx, so I can't comment really on them, but personally I wish everything was delivered USPS.

[quote name='ackbar7']USPS offers a much better service than other shipping services. They actually usually deliver packages early, they deliver on Saturdays, locations to pick up packages are much more convenient than UPS, and their delivery times are pretty predictable, whereas UPS can deliver anytime from about 9am until 7pm. I have little experience with FedEx, so I can't comment really on them, but personally I wish everything was delivered USPS.[/QUOTE]

Clearly USPS is hit or miss based on location; some of us are happy and I guess others despise them. As long as I get my items, I guess I can't be too angry.

well i was sort of hoping that the code would work on preorders but it dont but seems i wont be losing out much or that 25OFF still worked

IF 25OFF still worked
games was looking at

Blue dragon ds (new one coming out tuesday) 34.99 would been 26.24 GAMEFLY has a KEEP IT NOW for 25.19 so i can get it off gamefly for a buck cheaper and i get to try it out before i buy it

Dawn of heroes 29.99 would been like 22.49 no keep it now price yet but will be around 22.49

so seems i can buy these games for the same price if not cheaper off gamefly :)

Well just an update one of the games finally showed up as being in Kansas. Not the other two yet.

Now just to clarify something, I am more than fine with waiting a week or so for my games. My concern was because my orders, along with others, were based on a glitch so I was hoping that it displaying as "Shipped" actually meant it was shipped and was not caught just before it went on the USPS truck. But now that I see at least one of my 3 games is truly in transit I am pleased as punch.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I despise USPS tracking. 9/10 it's worthless and the other 1/10 times it's slow or inaccurate as hell. UPS and FedEx ftw.[/QUOTE]

USPS tracking is slow but they deliver things 2x as fast as UPS. Would you rather have super accurate tracking with slow shipping or slow tracking with fast shipping?

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']USPS tracking is slow but they deliver things 2x as fast as UPS. Would you rather have super accurate tracking with slow shipping or slow tracking with fast shipping?[/QUOTE]

Super accurate tracking and fast shipping please ;) Yes, FedEx does that, and charges a premium for their express shipping (I've used it in the past and it cost me $80+ for express shipping, but I got what I needed with peace of mind)

[quote name='estofan']Super accurate tracking and fast shipping please ;) Yes, FedEx does that, and charges a premium for their express shipping (I've used it in the past and it cost me $80+ for express shipping, but I got what I needed with peace of mind)[/QUOTE]

I'll stick with my free shipping thanks. ;)

I love my local USPS guys. I have my stuff in my mailbox by 10 am, not to mention with usps pretty much anything shipped first class takes 3 business days at most. Hell I traded a game on here not too long ago and it got to NY from ND in 2 days.

so i just got my copies of bowser's inside story and no more heroes 2, both complete and great condition (except NMH2 has a small cut on the plastic around the case, but no big deal). I also emailed gamestop about not being able to cancel my preorder for halo reach, and they did it no problem. so after the glitch the games came out to $5.55 and $0, so not bad at all

Got my 3 games and amazingly one of them came brand new (with plastic wrap removed but sticker intact) instead of used. The other two were also in like new condition, even the cases with fewer stickers than usual (only one sticker per case). I am pleased.

[quote name='handsomepete']Got my 3 games and amazingly one of them came brand new (with plastic wrap removed but sticker intact) instead of used. The other two were also in like new condition, even the cases with fewer stickers than usual (only one sticker per case). I am pleased.[/QUOTE]
Out of curiousity, when did you order, where do you live and did you see where they shipped the game from? I am just looking to see how fast USPS is and whether or not a different section of the country seems better than the others. Thanks and congrats on the new game (instead of used)

[quote name='io']I've mailed and gotten 100's of things via USPS and usually it is fairly good with updating along the way (through processing or sorting facilities). I would say it is updated and accurate 9/10 times and only off 1/10 times. And like someone said, it really isn't tracking anyway, but it does function as that most of the time. UPS, on the other hand, has horribly slow and expensive service. I would never use them for anything but I have to for the Amazon trade-in program (where it takes them 8-10 days to ship my stuff to Amazon vs 4-6 for the post office even when I did media mail).
.[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. USPS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPS

[quote name='chrollo']just got my copy of super street fighter 4 but it was heat wrapped is that normal[/QUOTE]

Yeah the way it was wrapped is different from normal PS3 games. (can't speak for how the 360 copy is wrapped). I got two copies for the PS3 and both were heat wrapped instead of the normal way.

2 of the 3 games I ordered with this arrived. I ordered BlazBlue, Dark Void, and WET (in that order). I ordered BlazBlue the day before the other two and it shipped off first, but DV and WET arrived first. Both of them are complete which is nice. Now the funny thing is I also ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes and it shipped out three days earlier than the other two yet all three arrived today. I am trying to figure out why some took longer than others.
  • Dark Void (Fort Worth, TX)
  • WET (Fort Worth, TX)
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes (Lousville, KY)
  • BlazBlue (Wichita, KS)

It seems that Texas is by far the fastest, following by the other two. I am unsure how long it takes to get to me from Kansas seeing as how I haven't gotten it yet, but at least now I know how long to expect games to arrive based on their origin.

Ordered 2 games Wednesday late afternoon. Shipped next day 1 from Texas arrived today and the other one from kentucky left yesterday I'm assuming for delivery Monday.

ordered 5 games back to back to back etc. all shipped on same day. 1 arrived today the other 4 are by the sorting station. MLB 10 PSP showed up complete. That was a pleasant surprise for a PSP game.

Got all my games in this weekend. Resistance 2 and Bioshock 2 were the only ones complete. Fable II PH had everything but it came in a generic black case. Darksiders and Resident Evil 5 were disc only.

Also, RE5 has some cracks on the inner ring. I should be able to exchange it in store, right?

[quote name='Mizzou75']Got all my games in this weekend. Resistance 2 and Bioshock 2 were the only ones complete. Fable II PH had everything but it came in a generic black case. Darksiders and Resident Evil 5 were disc only.

Also, RE5 has some cracks on the inner ring. I should be able to exchange it in store, right?[/QUOTE]

You can exchange RE5 in store with no issues. As far as Fable 2 and Darksiders you should be able to exchange those as well. Just use the Gamestop.com stock checker and call the stores to ask them specifically if they have them with box art and manual and that you ordered yours online and came non-compete/broken and want to exchange for the ones they have.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Also, RE5 has some cracks on the inner ring. I should be able to exchange it in store, right?[/QUOTE]
But of course. I've had to do exchanges/returns from online purchases a couple of times and was painless.

Funny thing is each time I tried to return something they would ask if I wanted funny money (aka store credit) or have the money put back on my card. Course I wanted the latter. :p

got my games today..

GOW3 perfect
warioland shake it perfect
tatsunoko vs capcom....

came in a suspiciously cheap thin wii case and was definately re-sealed.

Heat wrapped games are probably GS re-sealing the games and passing them off as new. The surest way to tell a game is brand new factory sealed is to look for the Y-folds at the top and bottom of the game case.

[quote name='estofan']Heat wrapped games are probably GS re-sealing the games and passing them off as new. The surest way to tell a game is brand new factory sealed is to look for the Y-folds at the top and bottom of the game case.[/QUOTE]

As I know first hand for the PS3 version of SSF4 (which I got two copies of) this is not the case. They are heat wrapped. That is not to say it's impossible to get fake sealed games, but just don't discount heat wrapped games as resealed.

bread's done
Back