Gamestop 20% off used games

[quote name='Vinny']Bah, I was hoping this was an in store coupon.[/QUOTE]

Nearly everything is cheaper online and if you're ordering over $25 worth you get free shipping.

Thanks OP.

would be nice if you had an edge card...

30% off all used games... then again 25% off new games

5% isnt worth the risk of getting games Incomplete anymore

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You'd be wrong. That only applies to most PS3/360/Wii games. Everything else is a mystery.[/QUOTE]

Not even all of those come complete now. :bomb:

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You'd be wrong. That only applies to most PS3/360/Wii games. Everything else is a mystery.[/QUOTE]
If it doesn't apply to all of them (PS3/360/Wii), I'd say they're in for a lawsuit considering it's on their website as well: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pog/

I haven't had an issue ordering any used 360/PS3/Wii games either. They came complete with the only exception being a black case with Eternal Sonata.

EDIT: Noticed the exclusions on a few which actually do specifically say: "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." like http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71812. The complete ones actually do say "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual. " such as http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73841.. so it's not exactly a "risk" as was mentioned if you use your eyes and read. Up to the buyer to pay attention though and read thoroughly -- otherwise it's still a good deal nonetheless.

Each game also says if it is guaranteed to come complete or not. Most do for current gen games, but like for example halo wars doesn't for some reason. It's right in the box under the price for each item. You need to read it carefully though since the wording is really similar, just that one "not".

[quote name='bigsexydh']hey guys im on lunch at work, cant view gamestop, does this work with cag16? thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

"May not be combined with other offers"

[quote name='Drakee']If it doesn't apply to all of them (PS3/360/Wii), I'd say they're in for a lawsuit considering it's on their website as well: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pog/

I haven't had an issue ordering any used 360/PS3/Wii games either. They came complete with the only exception being a black case with Eternal Sonata.

EDIT: Noticed the exclusions on a few which actually do specifically say: "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." like http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71812. The complete ones actually do say "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual. " such as http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73841.. so it's not exactly a "risk" as was mentioned if you use your eyes and read. Up to the buyer to pay attention though and read thoroughly -- otherwise it's still a good deal nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago, I ordered Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for PSP. It clearly said that it included the box with cover art and manual. Yeah....it didn't. They sent me a total of three copies, and none were complete. They thought that my e-mail was complaining that the game didn't work. Apparently they didn't pay much attention. Basically, there is still a risk.

thanks selma, much appreiciated, when i try the 20auto it's saying 10auto and when i click the x to remove it it still stays there with me edge, any way you guys know to fix this

Code only works for one used game at a time. Try and use the code for two or more used games and it goes back to the 10Auto code on everything.

Edit: Code works fine on more than one used game now

Last edited by a moderator:
Course I just had to buy The Saboteur new from Amazon for like $18 or whatever its up to. After tax its only really spending $4 more on the new copy, meh.

[quote name='life.exe']Waste of time. Its only 4% off more than what we can normally get everyday (aka CAG16).[/QUOTE]

waste of time? its 25% more than 16%. if u are going to spend 100$, it will save you an extra 4$. not a waste of time.

[quote name='nativetongue88']waste of time? its 25% more than 16%. if u are going to spend 100$, it will save you an extra 4$. not a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

If you plan on spending over $100, I would suggest using the 25% off code instead of this one...

[quote name='scott2hotcott']A few weeks ago, I ordered Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for PSP. It clearly said that it included the box with cover art and manual. Yeah....it didn't. They sent me a total of three copies, and none were complete. They thought that my e-mail was complaining that the game didn't work. Apparently they didn't pay much attention. Basically, there is still a risk.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=70935

It says right on there "may not include instruction manual or original box."

Was going to combine this with EDGE and pick up a copy of Raiden IV Limited Edition, but I paused to check a review (ensuring it would live up to my arcade nostalgia) and someone bought it out before I got back.:bomb:

Ah well. Maybe it will be in stock by the time a B2G1 rolls around.

You gotta remember this guys. Pretty much every used game comes from a store where some jackass trades in his disc without a case a week after it comes out. If you email them after your order with a link/screenshot to the "Complete/Not Complete" statement, I am sure they will do something about it. Better yet, with each order just screenshot the order when it is placed (Include the time) and the statement.

[quote name='Pumaman']So, this doesn't stack with Saver?[/QUOTE]

not, but it might do you best to just order 25 dollars worth of stuff to get the free shipping

[quote name='Saix_XIII']He said he ordered it a few weeks ago. Things change.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Now it does say may or may not, but when I ordered it, it said does include. I wouldn't have ordered it if it had said may or may not. They did, however, give me a code for $20 off a future order. So I guess it wasn't all bad.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Exactly. Now it does say may or may not, but when I ordered it, it said does include. I wouldn't have ordered it if it had said may or may not. They did, however, give me a code for $20 off a future order. So I guess it wasn't all bad.[/QUOTE]

that was pretty generous of them, ive grown to like gamestop customer service, i used the 20% coupon, and there was an issue with it not populating correctly and defaulting back to the 10% coupon, so when i placed my order even though it told me the 20% discount applied, when i went to the confirmation page it only showed the 10% off, so i called gamestop, went through a whole rig-a-ma-roll of bullshit, they were very nice, ended up giving me 10 dollars off the order in addition to the 20% off and free overnight shipping.

well as for me, gamestop customer service is absolute shit. they are a bunch of pricks, especially juan, john, and florian. they banned me from the site because i used too many discount codes, you beleive that? fuckin dickheads, oh well, their loss, cuz they will no longer make money offa me...but im glad u guys have good experiences with them (i mean i did until they banned me, but they dont like to honor codes if you use them on cheap games in my experience, they "reserve the right to not honor discounts or codes as per their discretion" as florian and john said) whatever, JERSEY KUSH, nice avatar lol ;) puff puff pass

[quote name='chrislisting']well as for me, gamestop customer service is absolute shit. they are a bunch of pricks, especially juan, john, and florian. they banned me from the site because i used too many discount codes, you beleive that? fuckin dickheads, oh well, their loss, cuz they will no longer make money offa me...but im glad u guys have good experiences with them (i mean i did until they banned me, but they dont like to honor codes if you use them on cheap games in my experience, they "reserve the right to not honor discounts or codes as per their discretion" as florian and john said) whatever, JERSEY KUSH, nice avatar lol ;) puff puff pass[/QUOTE]

What? I did not even understand that post.

[quote name='grumpier']What? I did not even understand that post.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

He's on a first-name basis with GS customer service, they do not like him, and he smokes pot.

:lol:

And this one actually works with a $10 off your next order promo code! I guess I can finally use mine.

Update... I tried to go through with the order and it took the $10 coupon off on the last page of checkout. I guess it's not gonna work after all...

And now the code won't show up working in the cart at all. This is why I prefer Amazon's credit instead of GS saying it's a "coupon".

[quote name='chrislisting']well as for me, gamestop customer service is absolute shit. they are a bunch of pricks, especially juan, john, and florian. they banned me from the site because i used too many discount codes, you beleive that? fuckin dickheads, oh well, their loss, cuz they will no longer make money offa me...but im glad u guys have good experiences with them (i mean i did until they banned me, but they dont like to honor codes if you use them on cheap games in my experience, they "reserve the right to not honor discounts or codes as per their discretion" as florian and john said) whatever, JERSEY KUSH, nice avatar lol ;) puff puff pass[/QUOTE]

A store banning a customer? Either you were doing some illegal code stuff when buying stuff (for resale purposes I imagine) or you were buying too much with these codes. I am leaning towards the former...

I agree with this poster... I talked to one of the 3 on tues night about a game that did not work... I was told a replacement game would be sent and the order would go though that night..

Called back weds to see if they shipped it ... They admitted on the phone a replacement copy was NEVER ordered and teh last copy was ordered at 4pm weds and the game will not be carried anymore .....

BBB has told me they have gotten a very high number of complants via gamestop(ebgames) in the last 30 days and are looking into it.

you have quite an imagination then, i presume, not to be as presumptuous as you are.... illegal code stuff? how could using a code they gave me be illegal? and i just got my first gaming console in nearly 10 years (a ps3) in january and started using gamestop.com in late march from my bday present...idk what people on this site do, but i dont resell games, steal games, copy games, or whatever else people might do. i dont even know what an illegal resale would constitute...if you own a game or any item for that matter, you have the right to sell it, but that has nothin to do with my story

in actuality, i traded in about 20 very old games during the 50% trade in sale in march, and got 38 bucks. i had no idea what games were good except from metacritic and gamespot reviews so i placed four orders and they made two order mistakes (sent a confirmation of shipment soon followed by a cancellation without notifying me)...so i called up to ask why i never got my games and they said i didnt have enough money on my card. i asked how could that be possible if the orders went through and i got shipment notices. more importantly, why didnt anyone bother to tell me. they said the ordering dept made an error, and since no one bothered to call or email me to let me know, they apologized by sending me four coupons. they even sent me a screenshot of the OSI window which is their order interface to show why,how, and where they fucked up. so they admitted their fault and tried to make up for it.

what they didnt like that i used those coupons right away on games that were preowned, 3 of which were $25-30 (the only expensive one they had no problem with placing was the first order, uncharted 2). so since i spent $2.50 for 2 games, and $10 on another where other customers would be spending 25-30 at regular price respectively, they got pissed off and accused me of stealing someone's gamestop account, an obvious impossibility and a lie to try to scare me

after a lengthy correspondence with a supervisor, they saw their error and replaced my orders. they were cancelled yet again almost immediately (this time by the asshole order dept supervisor john who probably started this whole mess), but this time i got the lead agent. i told the pompous asshole florian that he was simply rediculous because how could i steal someone's edge account when it was registered in my name to my address, phone,etc... and then listed all of the games i traded in for the edge credit/card....so he told me, "ok i understand, ill fix the problem and unflag your account, but dont use the remaining codes for another couple of months" which i saw no reason to listen to. who the fuck is he to tell me not to use my credit or coupons?? could i tell him not to sell my traded games for a couple of months? no...so i placed my order cuz i wanted my game, i have no reason to explain this, it was my money, my coupon, my bday, and i wanted my own present

so after i used my last coupon, they cancelled my order again claiming that it was too much activity (regaurdless that it was my birthday during march and i wanted to get myself games with my credit and coupons which they knew since you have to give your drivers license if u didnt know) and since i didnt listen to him to not place an order using a coupon, that i would be banned.

on a side note, strangely, before being banned, i called them to ask if i could place an order with them over the phone personally so that their suspicion wouldnt arise again with an online order, but a dumb bitch named nicole said i couldnt use my edge card, they asked me for my credit card number, they told me that my orders were not eligible for any coupons (including "saver," "cag16", "15new" or "auto10") and that shipping charges would apply even if my order was over $25. when i asked to speak to a supervisor about why she needed my credit card, and why my edge account wasnt good enough to place an order, she refused to put the supervisor on, and quickly changed the story to "please hold...:waited 2 minutes:...i just spoke to my supervisor and he said i could take your order with your edge card and coupons," so i asked why the sudden change, and she deferred by saying "i said id take your order so what game did u want" to which i demanded to speak to the supervisor, and only after my fifth insistence did she put him on.

the supervisor then took the order without a problem, and when i asked him what the fuck was going on over there, he said he didnt know, and when i said that the sales rep wouldnt let me speak to him, he said that was odd, apologized, and asked for the other reps that gave me the hard time....

i could only assume (aside from them not making much profit from 3/4 orders) that because i have an audible disability, that they could try to get over on me. i still want to know why she asked me for my credit card number. i told them, i might sound slow, but im not stupid.

so keep leanin till you tip over arite there buddy, cuz i did nothing wrong. actually, i think an apology is in order for your comment but i couldnt care less so think whatever you want. its not my fault they made their mistakes and tried to put them on me to cover their own asses, like i said, i might sound stupid/slow/whatever but im not

so have a nice day

and thank you slide cage, for the verification, gamestop.com is a big scam. the stores are fine, i have no problem when i go in, but their online store is a scam (btw, i was supposed to get a refund which i still havent received from them now that i think about it)....john and florian are two big fuckin con artists, and i still wonder to this day what the fuck a sales rep needed my credit card number for

I just had the BEST glitch ever. It applied the 30 dollars from my Edge card that I spent like a week ago!!!

I think this is why: 2 weeks ago or so, I added stuff to my cart and hit apply credit from card. But I didn't go through with it.

Then a few days later, I bought some games in store. Now that I went back online, that same credit was waiting for me on the payment page!

Fallout 3: GOTY edition for 4 bucks!

dont get your hopes up flying monkey, your gonna get a cancellation and/or an email or phone call real soon (and i bet itll be from florian or john)

the stores are awesome, the copy of Star Wars FU i got for 360 during the B1G1 used sale didnt work when i tried to play it a month later (i tried others with the order and they worked fine so i didnt think to try it)...anyway i go with my order history page printed out and 2 guys r working there, 1st guy tells me they cant do anything since 7 days is the limit, 2nd guy just says "you just wanted to exchange for a new disk?", i say yes, he says "eh i'll do it" and he gives me a replacement, not 2 mention a nicer case (tho i didnt notice until leaving the store the better case had no manual but i prefer a nicer condition case to a manual anyway)

obviously YMMV but it made my day for sure...im sure it has to do with the fact this was Oakland (Pittsburgh) store right on the Pitt campus so those guys r probably really easy going, and its not like its a good job so what does he have 2 lose?

bread's done
Back