Gamestop = $200 Ps3 deal requires EDGE CARD?????

tears2040

CAGiversary!
I just came back from Gamestop and the girl there told me I need an edge card for the $200 trade in credit.

Also I wanted to do the trade in my Xbox 360 for $100 for a new Xbox 360 Slim and was also told that they are no longer doing this...........

I truly hate Gamestop, truly hate it

[quote name='tears2040']I just came back from Gamestop and the girl there told me I need an edge card for the $200 trade in credit.

Also I wanted to do the trade in my Xbox 360 for $100 for a new Xbox 360 Slim and was also told that they are no longer doing this...........

I truly hate Gamestop, truly hate it[/QUOTE]

Maybe she meant to put it on a gift card? Idk that makes no sense

DAMMIT tears2040, your title gives the impression that Gamestop is selling the PS3 for $200.

Looks like I won't be running a few red lights today.

1) Slim deal has been dead for awhile. Quit cryin.
2) PS3 deal, did you try talking to someone else about it or call another Gamestop to confirm?

[quote name='BigSexy7947']It's silly to have one if you enjoy buying their overpriced used games.[/QUOTE]

better then buying those overpriced new games

Most likely this is just a troll at gamestop but I work at one and you do not need the edge card to get the 200$ trade promo. If your choosing not to use it then we would put it on a card for you to use later.

lol @ op, while you may or may not have a point, the way you went about complaining/asking/explaining the problem is about like an 11 year old.

and i love gamestop

GameStop is only worthwhile because we CAGs hear about the additional percentages off first. If they never offered b2g1's or CAG16 or 25% offs that worked in conjunction with the EDGE card, the place would not be worth it. I feel sorry for people who go to GameStop without any knowledge of these additional discounts and think that the 10% off card is worthwhile.

[quote name='handisnacks']GameStop is only worthwhile because we CAGs hear about the additional percentages off first. If they never offered b2g1's or CAG16 or 25% offs that worked in conjunction with the EDGE card, the place would not be worth it. I feel sorry for people who go to GameStop without any knowledge of these additional discounts and think that the 10% off card is worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

i disagree man, they are very open with trade promos in advertising, and have you seen TIVs at other stores? pathetic. contrary to popular belief i find GS to have far better trades, mainly and especially on last gen. and the edge stacks :)

but im not taking up for them but they do good business IMO. I keep comin back hah

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']i disagree man, they are very open with trade promos in advertising, and have you seen TIVs at other stores? pathetic. contrary to popular belief i find GS to have far better trades, mainly and especially on last gen. and the edge stacks :)

but im not taking up for them but they do good business IMO. I keep comin back hah[/QUOTE]
They are currently giving you $11.75 trade-in value for White Knight Chronicles, and selling it for $44.99 in the store. No, that's not a good deal for consumers. I'd suggest anyone wanting to sell anything do it on Craigslist, then use all the percentage off deals for buying it at GameStop (currently they're offering 25% off + 10% EDGE).

We also have stores here in Northern CA that offer better trade-in values than GameStop, if you must sell to a store and not craigslist/ebay.

[quote name='handisnacks']They are currently giving you $11.75 trade-in value for White Knight Chronicles, and selling it for $44.99 in the store. No, that's not a good deal for consumers. I'd suggest anyone wanting to sell anything do it on Craigslist, then use all the percentage off deals for buying it at GameStop (currently they're offering 25% off + 10% EDGE).

We also have stores here in Northern CA that offer better trade-in values than GameStop, if you must sell to a store and not craigslist/ebay.[/QUOTE]

And a few months ago you could have gotten $56 for Mass Effect 2 at Gamestop. I just recently bought a copy of NSMB off their website for $18 (after $10 code) and traded it back in for $35. What's your point? Most of us here know how to shop around for the best possible deal wherever that may be.

[quote name='handisnacks']They are currently giving you $11.75 trade-in value for White Knight Chronicles, and selling it for $44.99 in the store. No, that's not a good deal for consumers. I'd suggest anyone wanting to sell anything do it on Craigslist, then use all the percentage off deals for buying it at GameStop (currently they're offering 25% off + 10% EDGE).

We also have stores here in Northern CA that offer better trade-in values than GameStop, if you must sell to a store and not craigslist/ebay.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='dino88']And a few months ago you could have gotten $56 for Mass Effect 2 at Gamestop. I just recently bought a copy of NSMB off their website for $18 (after $10 code) and traded it back in for $35. What's your point? Most of us here know how to shop around for the best possible deal wherever that may be.[/QUOTE]
With which deals? B2G1 I'm sure (for the NSMB), and then additional trade-in credit which would require more games, for the 35...

Either way, I guarantee you didn't get a "deal."

[quote name='handisnacks']With which deals? B2G1 I'm sure (for the NSMB), and then additional trade-in credit which would require more games, for the 35...

Either way, I guarantee you didn't get a "deal."[/QUOTE]

$27 for NSMB - $10 coupon = $17 (~$18 with tax)

So, I turned $18 in credit and a $10 coupon with limitations into $35 in credit. I'm no Mensa member, but I'd call that a good deal.

And why did you choose not to respond to the Mass Effect deal?

[quote name='dino88']And why did you choose not to respond to the Mass Effect deal?[/QUOTE]
Because I think it's a lie so I chose not to even respond to it. If it's not a lie, then there are other elements which you are leaving out, such as other trades or specials that went along with it, etc. Either way, I bet it's not a "deal" either.

Point being, GameStop may give us buyers a deal every once in a while, but I certainly understand and see all the negative reactions the business gets from gamers all over the country.

[quote name='handisnacks']GameStop is only worthwhile because we CAGs hear about the additional percentages off first. If they never offered b2g1's or CAG16 or 25% offs that worked in conjunction with the EDGE card, the place would not be worth it. I feel sorry for people who go to GameStop without any knowledge of these additional discounts and think that the 10% off card is worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

and your point?

i mean you could say any store wouldnt be worthwhile without "insert coupon code here" or "insert deal here"

also the mass effect trade in value was after a 50% trade in value bonus + edge

[quote name='jonnyd86']and your point?[/QUOTE]
My point was that people here are morons of flaming this guy for not having an EDGE card.

I wouldn't have one either if it didn't pay for itself and then-some through the year with various sales GameStop has.

This kid obviously doesn't do this very often. Not to mention the store associate lied to him about requiring a card for the deal, lol.

[quote name='handisnacks']With which deals? B2G1 I'm sure (for the NSMB), and then additional trade-in credit which would require more games, for the 35...

Either way, I guarantee you didn't get a "deal."[/QUOTE]

Let's see... 2 weeks ago, I got 8 free games and an extra $22 on my Edge card in a weekend during the B2G1 sale.I'd call that a "deal".

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Let's see... 2 weeks ago, I got 8 free games and an extra $22 on my Edge card in a weekend during the B2G1 sale.I'd call that a "deal".[/QUOTE]
So you bought 16 games in order to get 8 free. Sweet. That's the only conclusion I can draw from your vague experience here. Either that or you scammed them somehow, at which point you're no better than the GameStop corporation, haha.

[quote name='handisnacks']My point was that people here are morons of flaming this guy for not having an EDGE card.
[/QUOTE]

I agree that people shouldn't be flaming him for not having an edge card.

However, it is equally true that you are a moron for thinking we don't know how and when to take advantage of GS's promos and sales.

Here's my advice to you: STFU and GTFO.

[quote name='confoosious']I agree that people shouldn't be flaming him for not having an edge card.

However, it is equally true that you are a moron for thinking we don't know how and when to take advantage of GS's promos and sales.

Here's my advice to you: STFU and GTFO.[/QUOTE]
What? When did I ever say others here don't know how or when to take advantage of it?

I'm talking about the average consumer. I referenced the White Knight Chronicles earlier because it's a clear example of what I experienced last time I was in a GameStop. A customer (around the age of 25 or so) willingly traded in his copy of the game for $12 credit with an edge card thinking he was getting a good bargain. I didn't say anything, it just bugs me is all. It's not the store associates fault by any means, it's just the corporate attitude of how this business "should" be run to maximize profits, because apparently that's all that matters :roll:

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't even see anyone flame the OP for not having an EDGE card. I saw one person say it's silly not having one, and frankly, it is pretty silly, unless you never, ever have any intention of ever stepping into a GS during a 12-month period.

[quote name='handisnacks']I didn't say anything, it just bugs me is all. It's not the store associates fault by any means, it's just the corporate attitude of how this business "should" be run to maximize profits, because apparently that's all that matters :roll:[/QUOTE]

...that's how you run a successful business. Good luck standing in front of a bunch of shareholders and explaining how you don't want to maximize profits.

As for your example of WKC...who cares? If someone is silly enough to get ripped off on a trade-in, that's their problem. They should be a more savvy consumer. Also, just because a game goes up on the shelves for a particular price does not mean it will sell for that price. Tired of hearing "they give you x and sell it for y." It doesn't always work that way. You know how many games sit on shelves through multiple price drops?

[quote name='handisnacks']Because I think it's a lie so I chose not to even respond to it. If it's not a lie, then there are other elements which you are leaving out, such as other trades or specials that went along with it, etc. Either way, I bet it's not a "deal" either.

Point being, GameStop may give us buyers a deal every once in a while, but I certainly understand and see all the negative reactions the business gets from gamers all over the country.[/QUOTE]

It's pointless.

Hey Confoosious, can you change your signature back to Hates Dumb People for me?

Ok no idea why it went this way, but let me state some facts.

I went to the Gamestop store because of the deal. I do not buy used games from Gamestop as I can find them easily online for less. Now this deal Gamestop provided is a good deal, but the lady who worked the register and the only person in the store told me I needed an Edge Card.

Now I am not going to pay $15 for an edge card which I will never use. So even if I did buy it I would receive $200 in store credit after spending $15 which comes out to about $185. Now that's still a pretty good deal but it truly pisses me off that this is what I needed to do to get the deal. I just left and said forget it.

It's all good so whatever and to the trolls here calling me this and that, you need to get a life

peace

[quote name='tears2040'] but it truly pisses me off that this is what I needed to do to get the deal. I just left and said forget it.

[/QUOTE]

But you don't need an edge card to get this deal!?

[quote name='confoosious']But you don't need an edge card to get this deal!?[/QUOTE]

I understand the forums and the supposed deal states this , but the person working the register in Gamestop told me I needed an Edge Card hence the reason I got upset.

I can easily go to another Gamestop though, it just shocked me and I was mad.

Except that on Craigslist you get the displeasure of dealing 90-95% of the time with lowballing assholes who expect you to bend over backwards for them and cater to their every whim.

I had the one toolbag wanting me to drive 40 miles(ONE WAY)just so I could probably get there and he no shows or tries to lowball me even worse.

Mind you I've had some good deals with reasonable people off of CL, but for every ONE good deal you get 9 jackoffs expecting you to give them stuff for below flea market prices.:roll:

That's why I prefer to go to Gamestop 90% of the time to trade games in, since it's less hassle than dealing with people on the internet. Even on CAG I've had the hassle of people thinking my asking price for a game or whatever is a 'starting price'. If it says X amount shipped, that IS the price I want. You can get it at X or Y place for cheaper? Great. Go get it there.

And OP, why not just take the PS3 to another GS store or ask for a manager at that store the girl told you you 'needed' an Edge card to get the deal?

God knows there's enough GS stores around that you shouldn't have any problems finding one that'll take the system without a hassle or them lying out their ass.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except that on Craigslist you get the displeasure of dealing 90-95% of the time with lowballing assholes who expect you to bend over backwards for them and cater to their every whim.[/QUOTE]
Never had to deal with this. I just turn down law-ball prices if I'm unwilling, and cater to those who are going to buy it for a price I see reasonable, because I'm a decent person. :D

On the mass effect 2 it was simple game traded in for 35 gs was having a 50% trade in bump which brought it to 52.50 plus edge card stacked so yeah some of the trades are bad others are more then worth while if you use them correctly. I love the comment on white knight chronicles why would gamestop give you alot for something that really doesnt sell that well? Because they like you? Its a business and its run to make money.

[quote name='dorino']Never had to deal with this. I just turn down law-ball prices if I'm unwilling, and cater to those who are going to buy it for a price I see reasonable, because I'm a decent person. :D[/QUOTE]
:lol: But see, there's reasonable to me and there's reasonable to them, but unfortunately both of our reasonable prices never seem to meet in the middle.

Case in point, late last fall I had about $240 or so in credit at Gamestop on an EDGE card I was trying to sell on CL. So I took about $50-60 off the top of the amount I had on there and priced it around $180-ish.

The first offer I got....was for $60. For $240 in credit some douchebag offered me $60.:bomb: Yeah. I did NOT respond nicely to that email.

I believe my exact words were 'I'd rather melt the fuckin' card into ashes and snort the motherfuckin' ashes than give it away for THAT LITTLE. Go fuck yourself, asshole.'

When you get people that wanna pay 20% of what you want for something, you tend to stop being 'decent' and start getting a little irritable. That's why I plop an ad up on CL and I'll just kinda snicker at the ones expecting me to bend over backwards. Maybe at one time, but most of the stuff I put on CL I don't even give a shit if I sell, so it's no sweat off my sack if they offer me next to nothing cuz I'll just pull the ad and keep the item(s).

bread's done
Back