Gamestop 25% off Game Boy/Color games

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Let the clearance begin!

I saw signage up in Gamestop yesterday that said that all Game Boy and Game Boy Color games (and accessories?) are now 25% off. Gamestop stopped taking trade-ins of GB and GBC stuff at the beginning of April, so this looks like the start of the liquidation of their remaining stock.

As usual, the 25% off should stack with Edge. Also, you can use the Gamestop website to track games in stock.

Don't miss hansolox1's great thread here on GB/GBC games that are already reasonably cheap before discount.

---!Speculation!---
Based upon the PS1/N64/DC clearance, the clearance schedule should probably go something like this:

25% off>Buy 2 get 1 free>50% off>75% off>destruction of remaining inventory

If anyone wants to speculate on the time schedule for this, I'd be interested in reading about it
---/SPECULATION---

(Hope this is not a repost.)

So I went to a GS yesterday that never had any GB/C games on display.... and sure enough, they ahd them on display! It was odd though. They were using one of those black tower stands for the games. And the front side had GBA games and the sign for 25% off. Yet the side that actually had the GBC games had no sign. Put another sign or turn the rack or something.

Did notice a few games though. They had all the Super Mario Lands. Various Pokemon games (several Silvers that should be there when i'm good and ready for them). Tetris. And Kid Icarus for $2. I may pick that one up just based on curiousity. AND I noticed they didn't have the Mystical Ninja Goemon game I returned to them from another store a few weeks ago. Someone must have wanted it.

[quote name='Chronis']AND I noticed they didn't have the Mystical Ninja Goemon game I returned to them from another store a few weeks ago. Someone must have wanted it.[/quote]

Whoah, I'd get it because it's Goemon. Wow..didn't know that came out on GB. Went back to one GS...and they had only two sucky games to sell. I think the only store that still sells them in my area is Gamecrazy...but if I recall, games were still pretty expensive there.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']so what are some notables, pokemon and zelda aside.

also i found a copy of super mario land 3 wario land in my room, any value[/quote]

the wario games were pretty good... and tetris is a classic. i highly recommend harvest moon (sorry, i'm just a HM fan :D) and one of THE BEST games on gb/gbc was bionic commando. it's only $2.99, so if you can find it, check it out! it's worth the 2 bucks and change.

There is a GS about 40 miles away that has a pretty extensive gameboy/GBC stash. It's easily over 8 rows, but they're all hidden away. I ended up finding Ghostbusters II, Castlevania Legends, and some other games there that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

My GS ran out of everything good, all I got was Wave Race and Bionic Commando. No Castlevania games for me. :(

picked up Harvest Moon and Harvest Moon 3 (no 2! awww) and Bionic Commando, all for the gbc.

has anyone been able to find the original GAME BOY version of BIONIC COMMANDO? If so PM me because i was tricked, and the version i bought isnt the one i want. thanks

One of the stores in Virginia Beach, VA (Colonial Blvd?) has around 50-60 GB/GBC color games. I bought around 10 that I had been looking for, but there's still some decent stuff left. However, the bin with the games in it is behind the counter, so you'll need to ask for it.

Thanks for the thread had a sweet trip to GS:
Zelda DX 6.49
Zelda Oracle of Ages 6.49
Donkey Kong Land 3.24
Donkey Kong 1.94
Pokemon Pinball 1.94
Pokemon TGC (2) 1.29
Tetris 2.59
Waverace 1.94
Mario golf 3.24 (my best find IMHO)
Kirby Pinball 3.24
Kirby Dreamland 3.24