GameStop: 25% off NGC/GBA games coupon, expires 2/7

freakyzeeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
EBC3004652.jpg

Today I picked up complete copies of Luigi's Mansion (GC) and Harvest Moon Magical Melody (GC) for $21.14 total or something like that, including MD 5% tax. That's with the coupon + Edge card. HMMM was in pristine condition. Luigi's Mansion was a bit more worn, but still fine. I'm pleased with that haul.

They also had a complete copy of Mario Tennis (GC), but I opted not to get it because after discount it would still have been $25.99 + tax. I think I've seen it go for $25 shipped on ebay, but I need to check again. I might go back and get it. They also had several complete copies of Zelda Twilight Princess, but that was even more expensive. I plan to visit another GS tomorrow to see what they have, but I was pretty happy with my haul.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, that's really low of them. $60 for a potentially disc-only, banged-up copy of Mario DDR? What a rip-off. They are really getting out of hand with trying to match eBay prices.[/QUOTE]

Damn... that sucks. I bought mine last Saturday when it was $50. I guess they jacked up prices this week?

I still need to find a copy of Pikmin 2 but none near my area. The GC selection at my EB/GS sucks...

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... that sucks. I bought mine last Saturday when it was $50. I guess they jacked up prices this week?

I still need to find a copy of Pikmin 2 but none near my area. The GC selection at my EB/GS sucks...[/quote]

They also jacked pikmin 2 up to $30 as well...without the coupon might as well go back to buying on ebay.

r00kie stated what I was about to say, haha.

This is ridiculous. Great job on Gamestop's part to jack up prices while the coupon is intact. :roll:

Yet another great Gamestop "sale."

There are many times that I'm able to beat their prices by looking on Ebay. Good finds can be had at Gamestop, but often times their stuff is beat up, missing pieces, and overpriced.

It's really bad enough that they charge eBay prices...and sometimes more. But jacking up the prices on titles, just as you issue a coupon that would apply to them, is seriously as about as low as they can get.

There is always something with these coupons isn't there? What was the last issue? I think they changed the B1G1 XB to B2G1 or something. Now they are jacking up prices at the same time this is out.

Actually, for the PS2 one they didn't jack up the prices at all as far as I remember. But they did for this, possibly because this coupon is more known about maybe?

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... that sucks. I bought mine last Saturday when it was $50. I guess they jacked up prices this week?

I still need to find a copy of Pikmin 2 but none near my area. The GC selection at my EB/GS sucks...[/QUOTE]

Still, with 35% off the price, even if it was jacked up to $59.99, is still $11 less than you paid a week ago. $38.99 (plus tax). I'm not saying that's a great deal, but it is less than you paid.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... that sucks. I bought mine last Saturday when it was $50. I guess they jacked up prices this week? [/quote]

Seems so. Just noticed that Pikmin & the Sonic games went up a couple dollars. Donkey Konga 2 & Pikmin 2 jumped up $5 in price. Fire Emblem & REmake jumped from $16.99 to $19.99.

One thing I have noticed over the past few years, it seems GS raises the prices around the time people are getting their tax refunds. Then after filing season ends, they quietly lower the prices for summer.

Oh & anyone with access to the CAGwiki, might want to update that they're giving $1 for Dave Mirra BMX 2 for GC. Since it seems that the price on CAGwiki is out of date by a year & 1/2.

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix - $59.99
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - $19.99
Kirby's Air Ride - $19.99
Mario Kart: Double Dash - $39.99
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - $24.99
Metroid Prime - $6.99
Pikmin 2 - $29.99
Star Fox: Assault - $19.99

You guys see a pattern here? These games were all raised to prices they shouldn't be at, or just raised up in general.

These are all games featuring either characters in Smash Bros. Brawl or have upcoming Wii games. What a load of BS.

For some reason, Resident Evil 2 was raised to $39.99, while Resident Evil 3 stayed at $29.99. Capcom originally released both games new for only $29.99. Ikaruga is still at $39.99 and Star Wars Jedi Knight II is at $34.99.

They just jack up prices randomly, it doesn't necessarily happen when a coupon comes out because I see them jack up prices throughout the whole year, its just the way they work. Metroid prime has been up and down I don't know how many times, good thing I got it when it went to 4.99. When you see a good price you just have to jump on it because the next day it might be higher.

I wouldn't expect too many price drops for cube games, more than likely they will keep raising the prices on them, as I have not seen many price drops for these or GBA games on gamestop.com and I check for drops at least once a week. I think the prices on these 2 categories are close to being cemented in stone where they will drop very few games and raise very few games, so the prices we have now will probably be sticking until all the inventory is gone from the stores.

They just jack up prices randomly, it doesn't necessarily happen when a coupon comes out because I see them jack up prices throughout the whole year, its just the way they work. Metroid prime has been up and down I don't know how many times, good thing I got it when it went to 4.99. When you see a good price you just have to jump on it because the next day it might be higher.

While this is true, I think is more than just coincidence that some of the rarer GameCube titles suddenly jumped in price as this coupon went into effect. I bought a number of games during the PS2 coupon and then the PSP coupon. None of the games I was eyeing or ended up buying had their prices raised at all.

Now, with this particular coupon, you suddenly have a rash of games being raised? It just comes off as a bid odd, and you can't blame anyone for drawing the conclusions that these spikes have something to do with the coupon.

aw man, if i knew this to begin with, i wouldn't have bought mario power tennis for 39.99 (29.99 w/ coupon). now i feel like i got ripped off. i feel ripped off for buying Eternal Darkness and the Zelda Master pack with the coupon too. debating whether or not to return, now.

Just picked up a complete copy of Eternal Darkness with the coupon + Edge Card for $12.xx. Seems like a good deal, I suppose.

[quote name='zman73']So this coupon is still good through today right?

Have a copy of DDR Mario on hold if so[/quote]

Yeah, after today it's dead.

[quote name='SaraAB']They just jack up prices randomly, it doesn't necessarily happen when a coupon comes out because I see them jack up prices throughout the whole year, its just the way they work. Metroid prime has been up and down I don't know how many times, good thing I got it when it went to 4.99. When you see a good price you just have to jump on it because the next day it might be higher.

I wouldn't expect too many price drops for cube games, more than likely they will keep raising the prices on them, as I have not seen many price drops for these or GBA games on gamestop.com and I check for drops at least once a week. I think the prices on these 2 categories are close to being cemented in stone where they will drop very few games and raise very few games, so the prices we have now will probably be sticking until all the inventory is gone from the stores.[/quote]

Must be nice seeing the world through those rose-colored glasses ya got there. There's no way in hell these games' prices being raised is unrelated to the coupon.

For all we know, the coupon may have been issued for the specific purpose of RAISING the prices. Because that way, people are still getting a "decent" deal with the coupon, and after it's over, GS rakes in even more profit off the "Dumb Soccer Mom Brigade".

It's no secret that prices on used items will vary, but to deny that this was nothing more than a ploy just makes you...wait...are YOU a soccer mom? :whistle2:s

I just picked up Super Mario Sunshine (non PC), Zelda Wind Waker (non PC), and Mega Man Collection (SEALED) for $31.00...I just need to buy a new case for Sunshine, it was kinda banged up, but all the printed materials were mint.

VERY NICE!

p.s. I used my EDGE card as well (35% off)

Yggdra Union - 8.44
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II - 4.54
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - 11.69
Resident Evil 2 - 25.99

That's what I bought with the coupon and edge card. I almost got RE3, but I'm still undecided about the game. I wish I could find Eternal Darkness or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

I am thinking of heading to a store to pick up Pikmin 2 this evening...I believe the store also has a copy of Eternal Darkness in stock (if the online availability is correct,) so PM me if you want me to pick it up and we can work out a deal.

I picked up Yggdra Union and Sword of mana each of the GBA. Yggdra Union isn't the easiest game to find, and they recently dropped the price down from $17.99 to $12.99, so I figured I'd finally pick it up after the 25% coupon. I don't get the edge card anymore, as I try to shop at gamestop as little as possible.

I picked up both Super Robot Taisen GBA games (I've been eyeballing them for quite some time). While they both still have $17.99 price stickers on them, thankfully they've dropped quite a bit.

SRT:OG 2 - $6.49
SRT:OG 1 - $9.74

Both prices are after the 25% off coupon plus the 10% Edge discount.

Somehow I must have lost the email with the coupon attached. Thanks OP!

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']i cant believe they are charging 40 dollars for mario kart double dash used[/quote]

lol GC has it for 29.99 new, 24.99 used, 22.49 with MVP.

bread's done
Back