Gamestop 25% off Xbox (Original) Items

Rollobobo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1366 (100%)
So my buddy who manages Gamestop told me that they have a 25% off all original Xbox merchandise. I would also imagine the edge card should stack. It may be time to grab all that last minute xbox stuff you have been waiting on.

This gets asked all the time, but list of excellent (and BC) Xbox games? I own Fable, the GTA trilogy, Indigo Prophecy, and KOTOR.

Not including what you have, here's a list of some worthy titles to check out. A ton are multiplatform, but the Xbox version tends to be better. I left out versions that are available on the Marketplace in an updated format (Alien Hominid) or are soon to be updated (Marvel vs Capcom 2). Anyone who has a thing for sports, racing and other FPS' games feel free to list any games I've left out.

Beyond Good & Evil
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Capcom Classics Collection
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Conker Live and Reloaded
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Crimson Sea
Crimson Skies
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Destroy All Humans
Destroy All Humans 2
Doom 3
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Fatal Frame
Gunvalkyrie
Halo
Halo 2
Hitman: Contracts
House of the Dead 3
I-Ninja
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
King of Fighters 2003
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4 & 5
Midway Arcade Treasures
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Ninja Gaiden Black
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey
Otogi
Otogi 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantom Dust
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Robotech: Battlecry
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Shenmue II
Sonic Mega Collection Plus
Soul Calibur II
Spider-Man 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Steel Battalion
Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse"
Taito Legends
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
The Warriors
ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth
Voodoo Vince
XIII

Have 1 copy of Shenmue 2 each at the two stores closest to me. Hopefully one of them will be in good shape, but for the price I might just buy both of them and mix and match to make a nice looking copy. (one with a good disc/other good case or manual, HOPEFULLY).

Also probably looking out for Chronicles of Riddick and Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2.

edit: luckily all of these items are in stock at my local store, pretty much all the good xbox games are, and I don't see them going any where yet, so I'll wait for the next percentage drop and rush in for everything I need.

thanks for pointing out this clearance OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill wait till after may 10th its only like 2 weeks to see if they increase the savings then ill pick up some games.

Solid list. I'd add Rallisport Challenge 1 (2 is not BC), any Colin McRae Rally games that are BC, PGR 1 & 2 if they are BC and one of my favorites Red Dead Revolver. If you get RDR to play on a 360, playing in HD is unplayable so you'll have to change the resolution every time you play it and after you're done. HD is great on a xbox1 though. Also, what's the deal with light gun games and plasma/LCD sets? Do none work or are there some out there that do?

The person I got this information from said it was on games and accessories. Now, whether or not the website is wrong, I don't know. But if for some reason you're interested in an accessory, I would simply have them ring it up.

I stopped by a Gamestop today to check this out and the guy had no clue about this. He rang up one and there was no discount.

[quote name='deszaras']I stopped by a Gamestop today to check this out and the guy had no clue about this. He rang up one and there was no discount.[/quote]

Rang up what? A game or an accessory? Did he actually total the transaction or just scan in the item? Promos do not show up until the transaction is totaled.

[quote name='deszaras']I stopped by a Gamestop today to check this out and the guy had no clue about this. He rang up one and there was no discount.[/quote]

Tell them to hit F12(?) next time.

A few more to add -- I don't know whether these are BC:

I'm a firm believer that 3rd party releases were superior on the Xbox ;-)

Moto GP 3
007 Games (Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, From Russia w/ Love)
Splinter Cell 1, 2, 3
Outlaw Golf 2
Bard's Tale
Hitman Blood Money
Buffy (Either TVS or Chaos Bleeds)
Unreal 2: Liandri Conflict
Freedom Fighters
SSX 3
The Sims 2
Deux Ex Invisible War
Fatal Frame II : Director's Cut
Advent Rising (Not great - but not bad for the price)
Thief - Deadly Shadows
Still Life
Indiana Jones (Emperor's Tomb)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (I like this game - far from Rare's best but hardly terrible)
Ninja Gaiden (I have Black but I also have this one -- this one has the original 8-bit trilogy as unlockables; Black does not have them)

[quote name='kidrocklive']figures the games I want my GS doesn't have nor are they online

Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Stubs the Zombie
Max Payne 1 and 2

all for xbox[/quote]

Did you select "show backordered product" after your search results came back? You could have some copies at a local store...

[quote name='kidrocklive']figures the games I want my GS doesn't have nor are they online

Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Stubs the Zombie
Max Payne 1 and 2

all for xbox[/quote]

Looking for a few of those myself...

Fatal Frame II
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=34872
Max Payne
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=18980
Max Payne 2
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=210456
Stubbs the Zombie
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=210870

Crimson Skies. That was my first XBL game ever and it is probably top 3 as far as Xbox games go for me behind the Halo and Splinter cell series.

I'm pretty sure MS said they were done doing backwards compatible games

It's kind of crazy that GS hasn't lowered the price on the console yet. I remember that the PSX and N64 were $19.99 long before they started to clear those games out. Yet the Xbox is still $49.99. I would think they would be $29.99 like the Gamecube.

[quote name='progman3']Looking for a few of those myself...

Fatal Frame II
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=34872
Max Payne
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=18980
Max Payne 2
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=210456
Stubbs the Zombie
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=210870[/quote]

Guess a lot of us are on the same page. I too am interested in Fatal Frame 2 and the Max Payne games. Fortunately, they are all (supposedly) available locally. Question is, will I play them immediately, or are they just more backlog fodder?

[quote name='mogamer']It's kind of crazy that GS hasn't lowered the price on the console yet. I remember that the PSX and N64 were $19.99 long before they started to clear those games out. Yet the Xbox is still $49.99. I would think they would be $29.99 like the Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

It's possible that they're still selling pretty well because of the "other" uses of the original Xbox - and since Gamestop is one of the few reliable places to get one, they can probably get away with keeping the price high.

I don't have an Xbox, but I am planning on getting a 360 sooner or later. I'm hoping to get a bunch of 50% off BC games, that way I have a cheap library right off the bat.

[quote name='nwaugh']It's possible that they're still selling pretty well because of the "other" uses of the original Xbox - and since Gamestop is one of the few reliable places to get one, they can probably get away with keeping the price high.[/quote]
Think it's more likely due to the fact that nearly everyone traded in their GameCubes once they got their hands on a Wii.

More product + less demand = lower price

On another note, the sign at the store across from me says it applies on accessories as well. So it's likely the site forgot to mention that part. Think I might be in on grabbing these tomorrow when I go for a 360 coupon run:

-Chronicles of Riddick
-Jade Empire
-Ninja Gaiden Black
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

[quote name='momouchi']I don't have an Xbox, but I am planning on getting a 360 sooner or later. I'm hoping to get a bunch of 50% off BC games, that way I have a cheap library right off the bat.[/quote]
Honestly, I think you might be better off trying to get an original Xbox as well. The 360 has quite a number of problems with emulating most of the games that are backwards compatible. Sometimes it's not even worth the hassle (like MvC2).

[quote name='momouchi']Too bad none of the Gamestops nearby have any. I'll probably end up getting one off Amazon or Ebay in the end anyway.[/quote]

That's surprising because all the Gamestops near me have stacks of them. Even the "upscale" pawn shop that I go to has about 15.

Did you use the Web site store availability? If so, know that there's two different Xbox product IDs on there. Not sure of the difference, if any, they're both 49.99. One's called Microsoft Xbox System, the other is just Xbox System. With the first, every GS within a 30+ mile radius of me has one, while with the second listing, the closest one is 30 miles.

Just an FYI for anyone looking for a system, because I just realized that now.

I see now, there are a ton on Microsoft Xboxes around me. Thanks for that, now I won't have to trust that the Ebay sellers aren't lying about the working condition of the console. Now it is time to just wait for the console discounts.

One of the stores around here cleaned out their Xbox inventory. Another one only had one shelf of incomplete games. I gotta check out other stores around here before they take them all out.

Picked up yesterday:
Crimson Skies
Sudeki
Gunvalkyrie

Not sure why people bite on things at 25% off. Similar deals and better deals are seen regularly when the 25% and 20% coupons hit, and when B2G1 comes around.

Because you don't see 25% off very often anymore. All the coupons recently have been just 20%. Plus top on the Edge Card and that's 35% right there. Most of the games are dirt cheap as is, with only a select few still being $20 or more.

Plus, B2G1 forces some to have to buy games they don't want or find games at similar prices to get the best deal. Some of us only need 1-2 games and they're at varying prices, meaning B2G1 forces us to lose more money than save.

[quote name='xdl']Not sure why people bite on things at 25% off. Similar deals and better deals are seen regularly when the 25% and 20% coupons hit, and when B2G1 comes around.[/quote]

You can certainly wait for the discount to get bigger, but you run the risk of good-condition, complete versions being sold by then. Since GS isn't taking any more Xbox trade-ins, the carcass is beginning to get picked clean by us vultures. ;)

BTW, the online code is XBOXUSED25 and stacks with SAVER as long as the order is over $25. I figure odds are gonna be against getting complete copies either way you go.

I can wait because there are three GSes in the area that stock Xbox games, and quite a few by the looks of the online stock.

i think that this xbox clearance will be the same as the gameboy games that are currently 75% off. since the xbox games are at 25% they'll probably go up to 50% then 75% over time, so i would just wait to see if the deal sweetens :]

[quote name='Jestifex']i think that this xbox clearance will be the same as the gameboy games that are currently 75% off. since the xbox games are at 25% they'll probably go up to 50% then 75% over time, so i would just wait to see if the deal sweetens :][/QUOTE]

I overheard an emplyee yesterday more or less "confirm" that the company was looking to get rid of all their original Xbox inventory, so that kind of strategy makes sense. Of course, I'm sure by the time 75% off rolls around, they'll be no BC games left (except, uhhhh.... Aquaman, of course.):joystick:

[quote name='Jestifex']i think that this xbox clearance will be the same as the gameboy games that are currently 75% off. since the xbox games are at 25% they'll probably go up to 50% then 75% over time, so i would just wait to see if the deal sweetens :][/QUOTE]

That is a terrific sale. They did the same thing with their N64 and PS1 inventory. I cannot wait for them to start clearing out their gba inventory some of the games I want are so overpriced but when those babies hit 50% to 75% off I will be ready.:)

The GB/GBC was such a great deal. 59 games for $56. I'll probably end up biting on 50% for most of the popular games because I have a feeling everyone is going to go for the Halos and Fables at that time.

Does anyone know why GS.com has two different listings of Refurbished Xbox's with different stores having stock of each one?

[quote name='jp0213']I think some are refurbished and others are just straight traded in.[/quote]
Even thought both state they are refurbished?

[quote name='nietzsche74']I overheard an emplyee yesterday more or less "confirm" that the company was looking to get rid of all their original Xbox inventory, so that kind of strategy makes sense. Of course, I'm sure by the time 75% off rolls around, they'll be no BC games left (except, uhhhh.... Aquaman, of course.):joystick:[/quote]

I'm going to try and hold out for at least half off. Some of the stuff I've passed up on B2G1F sales, and I'd feel dumb buying it for just 25% off now.

[quote name='J7.']Does anyone know why GS.com has two different listings of Refurbished Xbox's with different stores having stock of each one?[/quote]

[quote name='jp0213']I think some are refurbished and others are just straight traded in.[/quote]

Looking at the pages, I think it's just an error. They probably forgot to remove the one that is not available for order online and has a limit of 10. Beyond the limit, the pictures and the wordings are pretty much the same.

35% off (with Edge) is decent, but not much Xbox games left to choose from...

I think Gunvalkyrie is the only title I want... Maybe Dino Crisis 3. Heard both weren't too good though...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Looking at the pages, I think it's just an error. They probably forgot to remove the one that is not available for order online and has a limit of 10. Beyond the limit, the pictures and the wordings are pretty much the same.[/quote]
That doesn't explain why it's still available in stores in that listing, whereas the newer listing has it not available in those stores.

Finally got around to checking the nearest store and they are pretty much picked clean of anything worth something. This will be the last time I buy Xbox games from that store, since DM ordered them to pack every Xbox game up to send to one area store. Since I wanted to at least get something, I got Enter the Matrix for $1.50.

Fortunately my GS district manager moved ALL the XBOX1 inventory into one of the smallest and least trafficked stores. Mind Boggling. They may have moved some stuff out of district though as the local "HQ" store had a lot of X1 games 2 weeks ago and none now. Hardly looks like their inventory all made it to the smaller store.

Anyway, plan to check the prices again around the 11th as that seems to be the soonest date for another price drop. Honestly there isn't much left for X1 that I am even looking for, but I might consider a couple games at the $5 level.

[quote name='J7.']That doesn't explain why it's still available in stores in that listing, whereas the newer listing has it not available in those stores.[/quote]

In the end, does it really matter? The system is $50, and it's likely that most stores you walk into will have some units.

Thank OP. Ill have to head on over..I still have my HALO XBOX hooked up that I swap with my modded one on occasion. Im going through my XBOX collection this weekend and try to get the DLC before they expire. I got quite a job ahead of me! lol.

bread's done
Back