Gamestop 30% Trade-In Bonus- Any Games Any Qty. - 3 Days Only 11/27-11/29

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney got me $6 before promo and Puzzle Quest:Warlords got me $7 before promo.

Total came out to $18.20, thanks OP. Will be picking up a WaveBird and NintenDogs for the girl this weekend now.

I still think the Wavebird has better range the 360 wireless controller which is ridiculous.

It's awesome playing VC games on the Wii with

[quote name='xpacdos']anyone know the value of the halo 3 tin version, jumped on that legendary deal and need to unload my other copy, wiki had a 30 or 35 trade value for eb but that was last updated a month and a half ago.[/quote]

Unfortunately they don't pay any more for the Collector's Edition as they do the normal game. So, 35 bucks last time I checked.

[quote name='shaveice']Can you stack the EDGE card with that, and do I have to tell the guy about the offer or does it just work automatically?

*Edit*

And just needing a second voice. If I have money on the EDGE card and the card expires, I can still use the money right?[/quote]

Yes, it does stack. I just handed over the games with the card on top, mentioned the deal after he got done scanning the games, and he said that it will also be applied. There was no hesitation, and he was a manager it looked like, so I'm pretty sure that regardless of how you go about it, it will stack.

Here's what I traded and what I got from it in parantheses, w/ "EDGE 10%" and "Trade 5 for 30% More" deal. Hopefully this can help someone out when the Wiki's updated:

Resistance: Fall of Man PS3 -- $17.00 ($23.80)
Halo 3 X360 -- $35.00 ($49.00) x2
Halo 2 XBOX -- $12.00 ($16.80)
Killer 7 PS2 -- $1.00 ($1.40)
Age of Empires DS -- $4.00 ($5.60)
Phoenix Wright: AA DS -- $6.00 ($8.40)

So altogether, after using $96.28 in store credit at BlockBuster ($30.87) to buy two copies of Halo 3, I made $150 in store credit at GameStop. So essentially, I came out of this 156% richer, if that sounds right. The specials added up to $33 more than if I decided to just sell them any other time. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

If you have BB/GR credit, I recommend running over and buying as many Halo 3's as you can and converting them to the much more useful GS/EB credit. I bought two for $96.28 and turned it into $98.00 credit. Sure, it's only a 102% increase, but for a guy like me who doesn't have any GameRush stores nearby and the fact that GameStop carries hundreds more used games than either GR or BlockBuster, it's an awesome deal in my eyes.

Got $49 for Halo 3 today. Thanks a bunch.

CAG comes through and saves me money/gains me extra credit again.

I've only bought two games when they came out twice this year. The rest were low priced. I rent 98% of the time. I'm picking up FFXIII and MGS4 next year. That's the only games I will be buying. Other than that, I was using GameFly and Blockbuster. Then I found out there was a Family Video nearby. Couple that with GameTap, and I'm good to go.

[quote name='decon']The manager I spoke to said EDGE credit lasts 2 years on the card. I thought it was 1 year myself. The EDGE card does act as your store credit card so even if your 1 year membership expires it'll be fine.[/quote]

So 2 hours from store credit deposit right? I mean cause my card expires 12/07. I missed out on this deal today but am looking to do the 5 game deal. The credit expires 12/09 then right?

Man, even with this 30% extra the prices make me puke. How are you guys getting yourselves to sell these to GS?

Id cover their prices, for the most part.

For me, EB/GS is always my last resort for things I can't sell to others. I try Craigslist and then some friends or family members. If I get can't rid of something after a few weeks, and if they have the 30% deal going, I'll dump them off at a store.

[quote name='Karuto']Yes, it expires December 9th.[/quote]

Nono, my card expires on 12/07 (December 2007) and since I'll probably do the deal in December, the credit expires December 2009 right.

just went to gamestop and they offered me chump change even with the 30% coupon. $14 for warhawk w/bluetooth no way! The employee even offered to buy it for $15 cash off my hands. Of course I laughed and took it back.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For me, EB/GS is always my last resort for things I can't sell to others. I try Craigslist and then some friends or family members. If I get can't rid of something after a few weeks, and if they have the 30% deal going, I'll dump them off at a store.[/quote]

Well here are some MUCH better options...

CAG Trade Forum
Half.com
Ebay.com
Amazon.com
and all of those video game swapping sites.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For me, EB/GS is always my last resort for things I can't sell to others. I try Craigslist and then some friends or family members. If I get can't rid of something after a few weeks, and if they have the 30% deal going, I'll dump them off at a store.[/quote]

gs/eb is always buying though, thats nice

great deal ladies and gentlemen, props to OP and those who took sweet advantage.

$49 FOR HALO 3!! sucks for me because i never got to play it(broken 360). the fact i payed $36 on another GS coupon makes it all the sweeter.

$22 for the Simpsons game! paid $17 @ target, game was almost memorable, less tahn perfect camera and trial-and-error gameplay keep it average. the best thing about it was the cutscenes(very delicious cutscences).

(reg prices Halo 3 $35. Simpsons Game PSP $16)

great flip, and now to use the credit for a phat PS2 tomorrow...:)

Hi all, isn't there a 20% bonus for pre-orders on GTA IV & Super Smash Bros.? So can this 30% (5 games req.) be stacked to 60% w/ the Gamer's card? It's late and my math/logic is all facked up. :( THX for any replies!

sweet deal today, traded in

resident evil (gc)
picross ds
halo 2
madden 06
sid meier's pirates!
warhawk (ps3)
wii play
shadow of the colossus
exit

maybe missing one or two but I got a total of 120 bucks for all of them +stacked w/ edge and a coupon

[quote name='kevzik']Man, even with this 30% extra the prices make me puke. How are you guys getting yourselves to sell these to GS?

Id cover their prices, for the most part.[/quote]

Yup it sucks. I only got rid of games I would never play again.

[quote name='thawhip']Hi all, isn't there a 20% bonus for pre-orders on GTA IV & Super Smash Bros.? So can this 30% (5 games req.) be stacked to 60% w/ the Gamer's card? It's late and my math/logic is all facked up. :( THX for any replies![/quote]

If you go on the site and look at the small print for the 20% off preorder it says it CAN NOT be stacked with any other promotion. So either you had to choose the 30% which I hope you would or the 20%.

But now that the 30% is over you can still get it if you do the 20% off preorder and stack it with the EDGE card....

I was going to trade in 2 games yesterday so I drove up to the closest GS on my lunch break. I had swung through A&W first to grab a burger and I was parked in the parking lot of the GS eating first before I went in. I saw a woman walk out with a Wii so I called the store to see if they had anymore because if they did I was going to run to the ATM across the street at Wal-Mart to get some cash.

Anyway, long story short... the guy said they had 3 New Wii's left and 1 used Wii left. I decided Id get one but was just going to put it on my credit card. As I was fiishing my burger a young black guy carrying a PS2 walked in and a middle aged white woman came about 2 min later. I figured if I wanted a Wii I had better get inside. As I walked in there were 2 GS reps working. The first was helping the black kid hook up his PS2 to test so he could trade it in. The other employee was helping the white lady, who was indeed buying a Wii.

As he was headed to the back to get her Wii, I asked him to grab a 2nd one as I wanted one also. He ignored me and kept walking.. maybe he didnt hear me. Anyway, when the lady was done I stepped up to the counter and asked to buy a Wii. He shrugged and said "I'm sorry we don't have anymore". I said "I just called 5min ago and you had 4 total. 3 New and 1 used. Ive been in the parking lot eating lunch so I know they werent sold." He called the other GS employee over and they started to whisper something and then the 2nd employee said "I'm sorry, we were mistaken on how many we have, the woman before you bought the last one, unless you want a used one for $235".

I didn't trade anything in and I obviously didn't get a Wii. Well last night my wife and I went to get some dog food from Wal-mart and as we were leaving I told her to drive by the GS so I could check out the Wii status, "just in case". As we are pulling into the parking lot I see the 2 employees from earlier today getting off work and both are carrying a Wii. My wife refused to drive past them for me so I could give them a few choice words... its probably for the best :)

Yeah, I had trader's remorse last night when I laid down on my bed, thinking about how I just sold Resistance for $23 (regularly $17 (!!!)) when I could have sold it online for $30+. Even more ridiculous is the fact that they still sell the game for $60 there. Made me toss and turn a little, and then I decided I wouldn't trade any more games to GameStop forever. :p

Traded:

Halo 3 $35
Madcatz Arcade Stick $12 (bought it for $20, $8 for the XBLA games was decent)

PS2
Tiger Woods 07 $6
GTA Stories $3
Kingdom Hearts $3
Kingdom Hearts 2 $8

I got $89 after promos, and got 10% bonus when I put it towards Fallout 3. It's weird, I only own 2 PS2 games now, but I feel like I always want to be able to play Shadow of the Colossus.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Traded:

Madcatz Arcade Stick $12 (bought it for $20, $8 for the XBLA games was decent)

[/quote]

THAT is nice to know. Thanks! Mine will be going this weekend for a $2 profit :)

Any new coupons that aren't expired? I had wanted to do this for the last couple of days and it's too bad I just checked last night at like 11pm. Grr Want to get rid of Gears of War, Need for Speed MW, and Bioshock. Should I just try to get rid of them here to my fellow caggers?

[quote name='daminion']THAT is nice to know. Thanks! Mine will be going this weekend for a $2 profit :)[/quote]
When I saw them at BB for $10 I should have snagged them all, traded the DL codes on here, and sold the sticks to GS. I didn't know the Stick actually traded for something.

[quote name='monkeydeew']gs/eb is always buying though, thats nice[/quote]
Exactly. That's why I always use it as a last resort, after Craigslist and trying to sell it to a friend or family member. I always know that I can get something at GS/EB. I don't bother with anything else, because in the end, I won't make much money, anyway, and would have to bother with the hassle of dealing with distant people.

bread's done
Back