Gamestop - $50 coupon book with reservation of Madden 09

Lokki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I received the latest Game Informer today and it had the ad for this inside of the back cover.

PRE-ORDER MADDEN NFL 09. GET A SIGNING BONUS.
Get an exclusive coupon playbook worth $50 when you pre-order Madden NFL 09 at Gamestop or Gamestop.com. You don't even have to give a cut to your agent.

I know that there was the rumor of the coupon book a few weeks ago, but this is the first proof that I've seen of it. Sorry if this has been confirmed already. I did a search and didn't see it. I have no idea what is actually in the coupon book. Just passing on the confirmation of it.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']game releases on 8/12 you get it when you pick it up[/quote]

[quote name='monkeydeew']i want my credit
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189211[/quote] I searched /shrug QQ

[quote name='ThisIsJackBauer']i got it today, no scanner but here is what they are.

-save 50 cents on a snickers bar
-10 bucks off mad catz NFL controller for PS3 or 360
-5 bucks off madden strategy guide
-10 bucks off limited guide
-5 bucks off head coach guide
-5 off PSP 2000 headphones
-20% extra trade credit towards NHL 09, Tiger woods 09, Fifa 09, NBA live 09, head coach 09 (all sepertate coupons)
-extra 5 bucks when you reserve tiger woods 09
-15% off any purchase at NFLShop.com
-10 bucks back on some football related dvds mail in (nfl follies V3, NFL moment of impact, nfl manning, brady and favre: the quarterbacks, nfl in just one play, chuck: the first season)
-5 bucks back on some regular DVDs mail in: lost boys, harold and kumar 2, and get smarts bruce and lloyd out of control.
-free visor with reserve of tiger 09[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen plenty of commercials for it. But you don't get it until you pick up your pre-order. I think the game releases on 8/17

I was worried that I already missed the chance for the book, as I PO'd Madden about a month ago.

I wonder what is in it.... hopefully they will ship to stores soon and someone will get a pic so i can decide whether or not its worth the preorder

In actuality this coupon book may be a better gift than a useless piece of junk that sounds cool like most preorders

#1 - Probably different depending on which version you buy
#2 - $40 will probably be allocated to used games, if not the full $50

Most likely, the majority of the coupons will be for more EA games, or will be relatively meager additional credit applied to trade-ins. Maybe one or two for accessories. My guess is that it'll be '$5 off/additional' x 10.

I expect at least one or two better, less 'complicated' deals (e.g. $10 gift card) for this game to be announced within the next 7-10 days. And CAG sponsor or not, "F" Gamestop. Now and forever.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']game releases on 8/12 you get it when you pick it up[/quote]

Thanks, I updated the OP to include that.

Someone need to find out for us what's these coupons of!!!

This might be the best deal yet, or it's probably stupid coupons I will never use!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Someone need to find out for us what's these coupons of!!!

This might be the best deal yet, or it's probably stupid coupons I will never use![/QUOTE]

"Free Snickers with purchase of any used game $19.99 or more." That would be nice ehh....

Knowing Gamestop the coupons probably going to be like "50 Dolllars off the purchase of an Xbox 360 when you buy a PS3!"

[quote name='JMEPO']Knowing Gamestop the coupons probably going to be like "50 Dolllars off the purchase of an Xbox 360 when you buy a PS3!"[/QUOTE]

I hope its at least on par with the ncaa 9 preorder coupon, $15 bonus.

I was in Gamestop and asked about this. They had no idea what I was talking about. How do you guaranteed to get a coupon book If they dont even know about it?

I'm hoping for a nice 10% off new games for GH IV.

i got it today, no scanner but here is what they are.

-save 50 cents on a snickers bar
-10 bucks off mad catz NFL controller for PS3 or 360
-5 bucks off madden strategy guide
-10 bucks off limited guide
-5 bucks off head coach guide
-5 off PSP 2000 headphones
-20% extra trade credit towards NHL 09, Tiger woods 09, Fifa 09, NBA live 09, head coach 09 (all sepertate coupons)
-extra 5 bucks when you reserve tiger woods 09
-15% off any purchase at NFLShop.com
-10 bucks back on some football related dvds mail in (nfl follies V3, NFL moment of impact, nfl manning, brady and favre: the quarterbacks, nfl in just one play, chuck: the first season)
-5 bucks back on some regular DVDs mail in: lost boys, harold and kumar 2, and get smarts bruce and lloyd out of control.
-free visor with reserve of tiger 09

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, i was at least hoping for like a coupon for mirrors edge or something, but oh well ill use the snickers one!!!...i was happy cause i bought harold and kumar today, but the purchase has to be done between 8/11/08 and 2/1/09...so oh well on that one.

[quote name='hotpocket']Wow. That coupon book is BAD.[/QUOTE]

Horrible set of coupons...will keep my preorder with the NFL shop deal that came out a few weeks back

bread's done
Back