Gamestop: 50% trade in bonus (PUR members 1000 points))

Its only good towards the purchase of LA Noire. Damn. I was hoping I'd be able to build up some credit to take advantage of the $100 off a PS3 coupon...

Wait wait wait...it COSTS 1000 points? When I saw this elsewhere I thought it was you also GET a bonus of 1000 points.

Please nobody buy this, you can't encourage them to start charging reward points for stuff like higher TiV's...

[quote name='JKSonic']Wait wait wait...it COSTS 1000 points? When I saw this elsewhere I thought it was you also GET a bonus of 1000 points.

Please nobody buy this, you can't encourage them to start charging reward points for stuff like higher TiV's...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm usually one of the first people to defend Gamestop, as I get pretty much every game from there because I can take advantage of their promos. Seeing this coupon is annoying at best. I used a 40% extra TIV toward Infamous 2 coupon today, and that was completely free. I don't want to see special e-mail coupons disappear and be replaced by coupons that cost reward points. While I love the reward program, this is a huge misstep. However, I have a (bad) feeling there will be a good amount of people who will redeem this coupon...

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Agreed. I'm usually one of the first people to defend Gamestop, as I get pretty much every game from there because I can take advantage of their promos. Seeing this coupon is annoying at best. I used a 40% extra TIV toward Infamous 2 coupon today, and that was completely free. I don't want to see special e-mail coupons disappear and be replaced by coupons that cost reward points. While I love the reward program, this is a huge misstep. However, I have a (bad) feeling there will be a good amount of people who will redeem this coupon...[/QUOTE]

40% + 2 for 40 stacks? so for 2 games your getting 56? i need to get one of those.

I work at gamestop currently, If you wait till the 5/23, stores have a coupon for 40% trade in bonus, Plus stacks with 10% powerup card, making it 50%, just wait for that, if you want a coupon just go ask a store :\

[quote name='JKSonic']Wait wait wait...it COSTS 1000 points? When I saw this elsewhere I thought it was you also GET a bonus of 1000 points.

Please nobody buy this, you can't encourage them to start charging reward points for stuff like higher TiV's...[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they have noticed no one is using the points and letting them stack.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Agreed. I'm usually one of the first people to defend Gamestop, as I get pretty much every game from there because I can take advantage of their promos. Seeing this coupon is annoying at best. I used a 40% extra TIV toward Infamous 2 coupon today, and that was completely free. I don't want to see special e-mail coupons disappear and be replaced by coupons that cost reward points. While I love the reward program, this is a huge misstep. However, I have a (bad) feeling there will be a good amount of people who will redeem this coupon...[/QUOTE]

Can anyone just get this coupon, and if you can do you know when it expires

[quote name='ahwang826']40% + 2 for 40 stacks? so for 2 games your getting 56? i need to get one of those.[/QUOTE]

Who said it stacks? Trade-in promos don't stack (except with PUR card).

[quote name='clawber']Can anyone just get this coupon, and if you can do you know when it expires[/QUOTE]

I got mine in my e-mail from Power-Up Rewards. Not sure if the coupons have universal or specific codes.

Where do you get a 40% extra TIV coupon towards Infamous 2? I have a bunch of games to trade in so what if I used this 50% coupon toward LA Noire just to get the extra TIV and then return the unopened game. Do I get all the credit put back on my card or do I lose some credit by returning the game?

Not sure how to word this or if it's obvious but...

Do you get the 50% bonus until the price of LA Noire is covered?
Or
Do you continue to get the 50% bonus, even after LA Noire could be paid for?

[quote name='Zagros']I work at gamestop currently, If you wait till the 5/23, stores have a coupon for 40% trade in bonus, Plus stacks with 10% powerup card, making it 50%, just wait for that, if you want a coupon just go ask a store :\[/QUOTE]

Is this for all games? And only toward LA Noire or another game, or just in general? Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Generally, you would get the 50% bonus on everything you trade in. Even if you go over the price of L.A. Noire. Yes, you can also return it later and get the full price back in credit. Just don't be a jerk about it please.

bread's done
Back