Gamestop 60Gb PS3 with free game

mrn111

CAGiversary!
I went in to GS to pick up an 80gb PS3 because i figured that they didn't have any more 60Gb's. I only went because of the $160 credit I had on my EDGE card. I would have prefered to go to BB to pick up Heveanly Sword and the 60gb w/ EE chipset. Lo and behold, GS did have 60Gbs in stock and they were giving F1, Resistance, HS, and some other game I can't remember. I don't know if this has been discussed before or if it is a regional promo (went to GS in gainesville, VA). But just wanted to give a heads up.

I called my local Gamestop. They confirmed this deal for the 60gb + a free game from a selection is in their system.

I keep going through the cycle of thinking about getting a PS3, but I always stop myself, cause I already have the 360 and a lot of great games I'm midway through. There are no must-have ps3 games for me in the near future.

Still it's tempting yet again, and convenient in this case too just to run out and pick it up. I just have to weigh whether the one feature I keep thinking is attractive, the upscaled hardware BC... is worth 500, when I havent touched my ps2 in ages.

Argh! I'd like to have one, but....

The Gamestop 60gb deal was mentioned before, but got lost in the thread. I'm in the same boat as you ver3cheap. I jumped on the deal because of the BC, but the PS3 is still sitting in the box while I contemplate whether or not to keep it. 27 days left for me to change my mind. :D

Tempting, but I dunno if a 60GB with near perfect BC + free game is worth it when I can get a 80GB with pretty good BC and Motorstorm... I wonder if GS will throw in another free game with the 80GB come holiday season?

Definitely go with the 60gb. Best bang for the buck. I have it, and it's totally worth you. You have thousands of games at your disposal that way. With the hard drive, you have plenty of space to do most things, and you can always upgrade it later. I don't plan on ever running out of 60GB. I even partitioned it for Linux, and I still have gobs of room.

You could always get the 60GB with Motorstorm instead if you wanted to, although I'd personally pick up HS.

[quote name='muddyjunk']Tempting, but I dunno if a 60GB with near perfect BC + free game is worth it when I can get a 80GB with pretty good BC and Motorstorm... I wonder if GS will throw in another free game with the 80GB come holiday season?[/quote]
PSSSSTTT .... you can put a bigger hard drive in the 60GB, pass it on.

Also, Resistance or HS are WAYYYYYY better than Motorshitstorm in this poster's opinion.

[quote name='muddyjunk']Tempting, but I dunno if a 60GB with near perfect BC + free game is worth it when I can get a 80GB with pretty good BC and Motorstorm... I wonder if GS will throw in another free game with the 80GB come holiday season?[/quote]
60GB = Better BC since it's not using software emulation to play those PS2 games.

Anyone know if GS would honor a "price match" with this new deal like some other stores would? I know it's not exactly a price difference but a promo, but I've heard bad stories of people trying to get anything from GS. Just wondering cause I bought a 60g recently.

[quote name='ver3cheap']I called my local Gamestop. They confirmed this deal for the 60gb + a free game from a selection is in their system.

I keep going through the cycle of thinking about getting a PS3, but I always stop myself, cause I already have the 360 and a lot of great games I'm midway through. There are no must-have ps3 games for me in the near future.

Still it's tempting yet again, and convenient in this case too just to run out and pick it up. I just have to weigh whether the one feature I keep thinking is attractive, the upscaled hardware BC... is worth 500, when I havent touched my ps2 in ages.

Argh! I'd like to have one, but....[/quote]
man ...same feeling here
there is always : i want a PS3 BUT....i already have a 360
i guess i might have to wait for an another year

[quote name='zizo79']man ...same feeling here
there is always : i want a PS3 BUT....i already have a 360
i guess i might have to wait for an another year[/quote]
my god I know the feeling, this always happens to me whenever sony announces a price drop or some kind of discontinuation of a model of ps3.

I almost pulled the trigger on a used 20 gig at GameStop, but stopped myself

I almost pulled the trigger on a 60 gig at Best Buy, but stopped myself

and now I am thinking about getting a 40 gig when it comes out since I already have a ps2

...it would be nice to not have the ps2 w/ the ps3 in the same entertainment center though.

this is just too much for me, not to mention my wallet.

But hopefully my mind will be taken off the ps3 when GH3 comes along, not to mention COD4, Mass Effect, Rock Band...and so forth

[quote name='MorbidEclipse']Anyone know if GS would honor a "price match" with this new deal like some other stores would? I know it's not exactly a price difference but a promo, but I've heard bad stories of people trying to get anything from GS. Just wondering cause I bought a 60g recently.[/quote]

I'd like to know the same thing.

GameStop? Doing pricematching?

Ohoho. You silly people. In GameStop's mind, there are no other companies. Why do you think they devour all other companies that try to go against them or try telling people to pre-order while telling them that if they don't, they won't find the games anywhere?

[quote name='Tsukento']GameStop? Doing pricematching?

Ohoho. You silly people. In GameStop's mind, there are no other companies. Why do you think they devour all other companies that try to go against them or try telling people to pre-order while telling them that if they don't, they won't find the games anywhere?[/quote]

yes, but I bought the system from GameStop, which is there own store.

[quote name='MorbidEclipse']yes, but I bought the system from GameStop, which is there own store.[/quote]
They won't honor their own changes. Once you bought something, you've bought it exactly as is and for the price you paid.

I am so tempted to get one. But right now I barely have enough time to play on my 360. The only thing stopping me from getting one is that for me there is only one game I want to play on that system and its Resistance.

So…. My order from Gamestop.com was cancelled. So no new 20 gig for me

I called my local Gameastop and the have some nice deals…. I am stuck on what one to get

1. 349.00 Used 20 gig, 30 warranty
2. 429.00 Used 60 gig, 30 warranty
3. 499.00 New 60 gig with choice of a new game

I am not sure what to do. I think I would use the memory card reader, to show pictures form the camera, and I do have wireless in the house. So it would appear the 60 gig is my best choice? How much more would wireless and card reader go for? More than 80 dollars (Difference in the 20 vs 60 gig price), and is that stuff a pain to hook up? Thanks for any input

or

Stay away from the used from gamespot and get the new. What is the warranty on new any how?

Also I plan on HDMI to projector, what is the audio out cable for the PS3

Resistance, Heveanly Sword, Genji, and Formula One.

I recommanded Heavenly Sword cos is BRAND NEW released game. Also, Resistance is will be $30 or less very soon (almost 1 yr. old).

[quote name='Tsukento']They won't honor their own changes. Once you bought something, you've bought it exactly as is and for the price you paid.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the adjustment because it was within 7 days from the purchase.

bread's done
Back