GameStop Ad 11/7-11/13 | $10-30 off select games | $25 Sys Trade Bonus | $99 used 360

tenzor

CAGiversary!
GameStop Ad Scans (via GameStop.com) http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

Mario 25th Anniversary Red Wii with New Super Mario Bros/Wii Sports - $199.99 (while supplies last)
Mario 25th Anniversary Red DSi XL with Mario Kart DS -$179.99 (while supplies last)
Wii Remote MotionPlus Bundle - $39.99 (new low price)
Monster Hunter Wii (Game Only Version) - $29.99 (Save $10)
Nyko Remote Quad Charger - $29.99 (Save $10)

-->Buy GoldenEye 007 Game Only Version (Wii) for $49.99 and get a Nintendo Wii Zapper for only $9.99

-->Buy 1 Wii Big Super Shell Classic Grip for $9.99 and Get another Big Super Shell Classic Grip Free

Assassins Creed II (PS3/360) - $19.99 (Save $10)
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (PS3/360) - $19.99 (Save $10)
Splinter Cell Conviction (360) - $19.99 (Save $20)
Tom Clancy's HAWX 2 (PS3/360)- $19.99 (Save $30)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360) - $39.99 (Save $20)
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3/360) - $39.99 (Save $20)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle (PS3/Wii/360) - $89.99 (Save $10)
Medal of Honor (360/PS3) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Mafia II (PS3/360)- $49.99 (Save $10)
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock (PS3/360/Wii) - $49.99 (Save $10)
The Sims 3 (PS3/360/Wii) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Split Second (PS3/360) - $29.99 (Save $10)
FIFA Soccer 11 (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Tiger Woods 11 (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
NHL 11 (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Madden 11 (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
NCAA Football 11 (PS3/360) - $49.99 (Save $10)
Lego Universe (PC) - $29.99 (Save $10)

-->Pre-Owned XBOX 360 Console (Old Model) - $99.99

-->Get an Extra $25 In Store Credit when you trade in an XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP System

-->Get an Extra $10 in Store Credit when you trade in an GameCube, PS2, GBA, GBA SP System

-->30% off Any Pre-Owned Games with the Purchase of Any NEW System

Last edited by a moderator:
my kids have been doing pictograph things all day on toy story 3, so i get to chill at work while they get the plat, lol.
oh but with all these hawx2 people, someone hit me up if they wanna knock out some co-op trophies. im gonna try to plat in next few days so hit me up Velo214 psn if you wanna grind a bit. i dont know if i can hit that 100battles (seems bit too grindy and im lookn to get 24 from amazon not bestbuy) but hit me up and lets do some online.

im just afraid it might be dead online like quantum theory/rogue warrior/etc. or worse they will shut off servers like lord of the rings conquest so plat is impossible.

oh snap, im gonna have to play call of duty soon... best buy just shipped it to me.
peace!

[quote name='drktrpr1']Does GS do price adjustments? I bought a used Xbox there last week for $119...[/QUOTE]
:lol:Gamestop give money back that they already have? Noooooo. But if it's within the 7 days you could always try the return/rebuy route.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is Hawx 2 online only? I forget. I know Endwar was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

Theres about a 5-6 hour single player, some damn good co-op, and an ok multiplayer

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Theres about a 5-6 hour single player, some damn good co-op, and an ok multiplayer[/QUOTE]
Not bad then I suppose. As long as there is some form of single player game in there. I couldn't stand games like MAG and Warhawk due to them being solely mp, unless I was playing only with friends, since I admit I suck at shooters most times.:cry:

With the $25 bonus, how much total could one get for a 40 GB broken disc drive motor PS3? System works except it wont spin discs. I know GS lowers the trade-in credit for things like that.

Best bet would be to call when they're open to find out what they dock you, though if you have the time/patience you could always try replacing the broken drive yourself.

if i trade in a DS lite today when can i trade in another one... i was told LIMIT 1 per person on systems but they said they dont know how long i would have to wait to sell my other DS LITE

[quote name='slidecage']if i trade in a DS lite today when can i trade in another one... i was told LIMIT 1 per person on systems but they said they dont know how long i would have to wait to sell my other DS LITE[/QUOTE]

The next day if you're talking about the same store? That same day if you go to a different location. Store policy prohibits them from accepting more than one of the same game or system. Accessories don't really have that limit, though some stores will still only allow you to trade in 1 at a time.

[quote name='kataztrophik']The next day if you're talking about the same store? That same day if you go to a different location. Store policy prohibits them from accepting more than one of the same game or system. Accessories don't really have that limit, though some stores will still only allow you to trade in 1 at a time.[/QUOTE]

not really sure if that is true though.. i hit store 1 up and called store 2.3 and 4 and store 2,3 and 4 said i could not trade the system to them today if i traded a game to store 1 today... they said they have no clue when the sytem would allow another trade.

[quote name='slidecage']not really sure if that is true though.. i hit store 1 up and called store 2.3 and 4 and store 2,3 and 4 said i could not trade the system to them today if i traded a game to store 1 today... they said they have no clue when the sytem would allow another trade.[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed the way they track your trade-in's, there shouldn't be anything that would prevent you from trading in a second DS Lite at another store. Of course, I don't know for sure, but the $25 promo should work the same as any other promo.

Thanks OP on this. Felt good to get a decent price for my launch day psp with a ton of scratches and dead pixels. It was time for her to go.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Unless they changed the way they track your trade-in's, there shouldn't be anything that would prevent you from trading in a second DS Lite at another store. Of course, I don't know for sure, but the $25 promo should work the same as any other promo.[/QUOTE]

finally got ahold of a DM and they told me to try tomorrow if it dont work tomorrow try friday. Its some INdiana law that keeps me from doing 2 systems in a day.. its not gamestop fault its some sort of law indiana has

I hope the 30 base trade in stands...the first Ds i traded in today i only got 50 for it since they said i needed to buy a new power supply for some reason (lucky they had a used one for 4.99)

I hope the 30 base trade in stands...the first Ds i traded in today i only got 50 for it since they said i needed to buy a new power supply for some reason (lucky they had a used one for 4.99)[/QUOTE]

I have a DS phat, but I cannot find the battery charger. So is that a must that you need to give them a battery charger or will they just knock off money off of the trade in?

Would anyone of you guys the the going rate for a used PSP-2001 Silver in good condition with only 5 months of light usage? Wondering if it's worth the extra hassle for eBay.

[quote name='AceBB6']Would anyone of you guys the the going rate for a used PSP-2001 Silver in good condition with only 5 months of light usage? Wondering if it's worth the extra hassle for eBay.[/QUOTE]

If it's the limited edition Daxter silver psp, they're selling pretty well on ebay. They fetch a bit of a premium over other psps.

I've been seeing them sell easily for over $100 and much more depending on the shape it's in and what extras you throw in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AceBB6']Would anyone of you guys the the going rate for a used PSP-2001 Silver in good condition with only 5 months of light usage? Wondering if it's worth the extra hassle for eBay.[/QUOTE]
Check the GS trade value thread(under Video Game Deals section), there's a whole list of trade values for systems and games right in one of the first 4-5 posts.

[quote name='AceBB6']You sure about that? Might want to keep it around for the upcoming Zelda. Unless you aren't a fan. But I don't know who isn't.

I don't play mine either but it'll stay around as long as the Zelda franchise lives.[/QUOTE]

Don't like Galaxy, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Conduit 2? This whole Wii has nothing to play crap is silly.

Does anyone know if the 25% Kinect promotion is only works for Kinect package/bundle or it works on Kinect games as well?

Thanks

theres been an update of used games in the ps3 section in case anyones been wanting for something and it wasn there. also looks like the used price for gow3 has dropped.

This might be YMMV, but I just picked up a copy of Resistance 2 Collector's Edition sealed for $26.99 before EDGE. The store I was at had re-classed their new copy to "Used". If anyone is looking for a copy of the CE and sees it at regular price, it might be worth price checking at the register if you find one sitting at regular price on the shelf.

Also, TIV for Gamecube systems is holding at $10.00 before the system bonus is applied. I had five I grabbed at a pawn shop for $5.00 each. Needless to say, it was a good day at the local GameStop stores! :)

wow, just blew threw my $450 credit today getting the ps3 move bundle and extra move controller. now my demon and i can be on at the same time when we get 2 cod black ops tonite. yow Mina314 / Velo214
-best part was it was tax free, woot, but wow, i feel empty with no cred...

[quote name='Velo214']wow, just blew threw my $450 credit today getting the ps3 move bundle and extra move controller. now my demon and i can be on at the same time when we get 2 cod black ops tonite. yow Mina314 / Velo214
-best part was it was tax free, woot, but wow, i feel empty with no cred...[/QUOTE]

Eww you bought stuff MSRP?! Even if you got that credit cheap, I'm a bit disappointed in you

[quote name='kataztrophik']Eww you bought stuff MSRP?! Even if you got that credit cheap, I'm a bit disappointed in you[/QUOTE]
I guess I shouldn't point out that I've blown through about $400+ in credit mainly by buying MSRP games on release day at Gamestop(and other places) over the last couple of years, huh?:razz:;)

Especially since I haven't even finished more than a few of them.:cry::whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I shouldn't point out that I've blown through about $400+ in credit mainly by buying MSRP games on release day at Gamestop over the last couple of years, huh?:razz:;)

Especially since I haven't even finished more than a few of them.:cry::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

For shame.:cold:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I guess I shouldn't point out that I've blown through about $400+ in credit mainly by buying MSRP games on release day at Gamestop over the last couple of years, huh?:razz:;)

Especially since I haven't even finished more than a few of them.:cry::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I'm even MORE disappointed in you. That just doesn't make any sense to me. I only buy a few titles a year on release date, but I always get some sort of a deal on it. There has to be at least $20 in savings for me to consider it, otherwise I wait the month or two for it to drop in price a bit.

[quote name='FriscoDude']I hope the 30 base trade in stands...the first Ds i traded in today i only got 50 for it since they said i needed to buy a new power supply for some reason (lucky they had a used one for 4.99)[/QUOTE]

I have a DS phat, but I cannot find the battery charger. So is that a must that you need to give them a battery charger or will they just knock off money off of the trade in?[/QUOTE]

they make you buy a new (used) battery charger if they have one and then take that price off the trade in price

got 55 for the DS lite and then they took 5 off for the charger

i didnt know where to find any ps3 deals and we are getting cod bo tonite and she was yearning for another ps3, lol. now i gotta go get her an hdtv tomorrow... oh my, there goes my hard earned bestbuy credit too... oh well. i got a 10% off coupon, so that should help a lil bit.

[quote name='Velo214']i didnt know where to find any ps3 deals and we are getting cod bo tonite and she was yearning for another ps3, lol. now i gotta go get her an hdtv tomorrow... oh my, there goes my hard earned bestbuy credit too... oh well. i got a 10% off coupon, so that should help a lil bit.[/QUOTE]

:( There was a sale this weekend at Walmart on the PS3 Move Bundle (399.99 with a $50 gc). Amazon matched it on Friday. You could have saved money, but you would probably have had to pay out of pocket though

yeah i was just lookn to kill my gamestop cred so no cost out of my pocket. and now we get to play all the fun and exciting MOVE games... 'obvious sarcasm'

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Dont mean to sound like a jerk, but why did you buy it if it seems like you have no interest in it?[/QUOTE]
Why not? I bought a bunch of stuff for people I know(and they paid me 80% of the cost in CASH;)). It's a sweet way to get out of having a shitton of credit without having to lose your shirt hoping someone on CL will just buy the damned card from you.;):D

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Dont mean to sound like a jerk, but why did you buy it if it seems like you have no interest in it?[/QUOTE]

For the kids! They did it for the kids!

So I stopped in to get HAWX 2 and I was sent to the counter to get it by another employee (since I couldn't find it on the shelf at all). The guy behind the counter says, "so, it is going to be used". I tell him I'd really like a new one and he says, "Oh, just trying to save you some money, man".

Yeah, right - you mean the $39.99 used price will save me money over the $19.99 new sale price? For sure, man!

To be fair, he seemed to have no clue it was on sale so he was just doing his usual "convert the buyer to used" spiel. But still, I thought it was pretty funny though at first I was worried it meant they were sold out new.

So I take it the Monster Hunter Tri bundle is not available in store for $29.99 like it is on the site? I thought I saw someone mention that but it was in the Amazon thread. It is so confusing because the HAWX 2 price says online only but clearly that is not the case - but I guess it is with Monster Hunter Tri? :roll:

I am trading in my Xbox 360 20GB Pro tomorrow, I was told it is $50 and the hard drive is $10 plus the exta $25 is $85 so thats not bad. Probably what I would get on Amazon, minus the shipping.

I have some questions though:

1. I have a PS2 and GameCube I want to get rid of. I see you get $10 extra for turning them in this week, but they say deals don't stack. Could I turn each system in at a different store on a different day to get each deal.

Ex. Tomorrow Trade-In Xbox 360 for extra $25
Thursday - Trade-In PS2 for extra $10
Friday - Trade-In GameCube for extra $10

2. Anyone know the TIV for the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter and are the rechargeable battery packs worth anything?

3. Also, I heard you can get an extra 25% for trade-ins going towards games. Is this for preorders and new games or just preorders? Also, can you only trade-in other games for this offer or do systems count towards too? If so, should I trade in my games on Saturday for the extra 25%?

4. Lastly, is there any deals going on for extra store credits if you are working towards an Xbox 360 Slim? I wish I got the Memo over the Summer when they were giving way more money for the Xbox 360 20GB.

How do you get the in store credit if you don't want to spend it that day? Do they give you a card or something?

Thanks

I don't normally use GameStop because there TIV suck, but the deals they got are decent this week.

[quote name='ampd413']I am trading in my Xbox 360 20GB Pro tomorrow, I was told it is $50 and the hard drive is $10 plus the exta $25 is $85 so thats not bad. Probably what I would get on Amazon, minus the shipping.

I have some questions though:

1. I have a PS2 and GameCube I want to get rid of. I see you get $10 extra for turning them in this week, but they say deals don't stack. Could I turn each system in at a different store on a different day to get each deal.

Ex. Tomorrow Trade-In Xbox 360 for extra $25
Thursday - Trade-In PS2 for extra $10
Friday - Trade-In GameCube for extra $10

2. Anyone know the TIV for the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter and are the rechargeable battery packs worth anything?

3. Also, I heard you can get an extra 25% for trade-ins going towards games. Is this for preorders and new games or just preorders? Also, can you only trade-in other games for this offer or do systems count towards too? If so, should I trade in my games on Saturday for the extra 25%?

4. Lastly, is there any deals going on for extra store credits if you are working towards an Xbox 360 Slim? I wish I got the Memo over the Summer when they were giving way more money for the Xbox 360 20GB.

How do you get the in store credit if you don't want to spend it that day? Do they give you a card or something?

Thanks

I don't normally use GameStop because there TIV suck, but the deals they got are decent this week.[/QUOTE]

Answers:
#1 - Yes, that would work. Or visit multiple stores if you have more than one in your area. Or even just multiple transactions at the same time. As long as the cashier doesn't get an attitude about it, there is no reason why that shouldn't work.

#2 - All that info is found on the first page of the GS TIV and Promo thread, here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270534

#3 - Also found in that same thread. But that promo is only towards the purchase of certain games. Console trades do not apply. There is also an alternate promotion that may be better, if the base TIV for your games is over $1.50.

#4 - To the best of my knowledge, not currently, no.

And yes, they will give you a card for the balance of your store credit. You do not have to spend it the same day.

Again, that big GS thread is your best source for all this info, it is updated on a regular basis.

I traded in a PS2, PSP and GBA SP in one transaction and got the bonuses applied to all the consoles.

I asked the guy helping me afterward if they could look for a preowned 360 w/ 150w power supply (denotes the last 360 fat model) but he replied "We can look for a 360 in decent condition for you but we have way too many to go through just to look for a specific power brick."

I said thanks and left :(

bread's done
Back