GameStop Ad 6/19 - 6/25

I traded in my copy of AC3 to Amazon for their recent $20 bonus because I found it dreadfully boring. I might pick it up again when it hits $10.

Ok so the PREOWNED $18.99 on AC3 Is live right now (Far cry 3 is not, I CHECKED...) but the new price is still the old one, so I think this does mean the used price will drop as well on Far Cry 3 like you all hoped. Also, noticed some other drop's not mentioned just from a casual glance. The exclusive Defiance Ultimate Edition's are $100, and for anyone already planning to get the game, the extra's are nice (It serves it's purpose as SOMETHING to do during the summer wait for the REAL games in the fall). Pandora's tower is $29.99, like the amazon price, but the used is $27.99 (I don't think this is new but that's the first I noticed it), and so with promo's and PUR coupons and etc can be had for cheap for anyone who didn't get it yet.
So it's a good sign Far Cry 3 will have the used price drop as well with the new.

I've always wanted to add to my Zumba collection.

Well I called a store and far cry 3 is 39.99 Preowned . It is on sale for 19.99 new but throws my plan on using my b2g1 coupon out the window .

Surprised everyone didn't get in on the free AC3 on the China market since it was up for 36ish hours
It was only for 360, a lot of PS3 gamers out here. And some were afraid they would be banned.
Oh yeh. Stupid me forgot about the PS market.

Anyway it was a good game. I actually bought it day 1 with the BBY $20 promo. As woth most of those day 1 games i ended up PMing it to $30 making it $10. I think it would have been a $15-$20 purchase game.

It gets repetitive towards the end, but its always fun to get a massive assassination streak.

Surprised everyone didn't get in on the free AC3 on the China market since it was up for 36ish hours
It was only for 360, a lot of PS3 gamers out here. And some were afraid they would be banned.
Oh yeh. Stupid me forgot about the PS market.

Anyway it was a good game. I actually bought it day 1 with the BBY $20 promo. As woth most of those day 1 games i ended up PMing it to $30 making it $10. I think it would have been a $15-$20 purchase game.

It gets repetitive towards the end, but its always fun to get a massive assassination streak.
I didnt do the free download because I hate using foreign markets. And even if there is no risk downloading on the foreign marketplaces, I still try to avoid anything bad looking on my account. Have to much to lose/risk over a few silly games that I can just buy cheaply legitimately.

For example: I used my PUR and got AC3 for 360 today for a grand total of $7.09. Mint and complete. I guess I should also add that I prefer physical everything. Only digital purchases I dont mind are VITA games and DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Do you guys think this used price for AC3 is now low enough to justify everything that went wrong with it? I watched this review for AC3 a short while ago and it pretty much turned me off from playing it; however, I think that video was made when the $59.99 price point was still in effect, so I'm curious to know if the much-lower current price is more enticing despite its faults. I could pick up a :ps3: copy with the birthday coupon for $13.59+tax, so...

Oh, and before anyone points out the Gamefly sale: (a) The :ps3: version is currently sold out. (b) I'd rather spend GS credit over actual credit.

FYI, I've started Brotherhood (not gotten very far) and don't plan on playing Revelations.

I went for Assassins Creed III PS3 @ Gamestop (Today). $19.99.

found a sealed far cry 3 ! i also renewed my pur sub. gonna use the 50% trade in coupon to trade in the last of us, soul sacrifice and farcry when i beat it. i recoup the 35$ i spent today and get even more :D

found a sealed far cry 3 ! i also renewed my pur sub. gonna use the 50% trade in coupon to trade in the last of us, soul sacrifice and farcry when i beat it. i recoup the 35$ i spent today and get even more :D
I guess I always fail to see your logic. At 50% extra last of us is only going to net you $41 as of today. That value will plummet within a week. Why not just sale it on craigslist for $45 cash? Also far cry 3's value is probably going to permanently tank to $10 or so since it has gotten cheap often now.

Question: Do you guys think this used price for AC3 is now low enough to justify everything that went wrong with it? I watched this review for AC3 a short while ago and it pretty much turned me off from playing it; however, I think that video was made when the $59.99 price point was still in effect, so I'm curious to know if the much-lower current price is more enticing despite its faults. I could pick up a :ps3: copy with the birthday coupon for $13.59+tax, so...

Oh, and before anyone points out the Gamefly sale: (a) The :ps3: version is currently sold out. (b) I'd rather spend GS credit over actual credit.

FYI, I've started Brotherhood (not gotten very far) and don't plan on playing Revelations.
Its not as terrible as that vid made it out to be. It definitely felt rushed and gets repetitive. But overall its a fun gameplay. After playing through it, I would probably say a good $15 buy. $10 being an instant but and $20 being within range.

It sadly doesn't progress the underlying story of AC that far.

Just my two cents, that game isn't worth two cents. I loved every AC up till 3 but it was just horrid. Maybe it gets better (I never progressed past the tutorial) but I couldn't trudge through the five hours of handholding to have any actual fun with that game.

I guess I always fail to see your logic. At 50% extra last of us is only going to net you $41 as of today. That value will plummet within a week. Why not just sale it on craigslist for $45 cash? Also far cry 3's value is probably going to permanently tank to $10 or so since it has gotten cheap often now.
im building up even more ps4 credit and these three games should help with that. if i sold for cash i would end up spending it lol

I guess im different lol. I keep a certain "pool of credit/cash" aside for games and never exceed that. Just recycle and reuse. Haha. Ive just been getting credit lately and cut down on buying drastically.

I locked in Far Cry 3 for $21.xx TIV at Amazon (plus $10 promo credit towars select preorders) yesterday since I just got a copy last week at Target pricematching when Amazon briefly listed the price at $19.99.  But I really want to play it as well...is it worth it to pick up a copy this week from GS and send in one of the two copies I'll have?

im building up even more ps4 credit and these three games should help with that. if i sold for cash i would end up spending it lol
didn't you already paid off your ps4 in full?
i need a extra controller, ps+ sub for online play amung things and some ps4 games. i also put some credit aside for ps3 games i want to catch up on before i retire my ps3

whats up with ACIII? its coming up at 40 bucks, not the 20 listed here. I wanted to pm at BBY. is this post wrong?
Go to the page to reserve a copy in store, and it'll show the $20 in store price.
hhmm thanks, but i wanted to PM it at best buy. Cant really do that if the price is full msrp online. is this an error that they will fix or is it in store only?
That IS the in store price. Last I checked BB didn't include GS.com on their list of sites, so they should technically being PMing in store sales only. Just show them that page for the closest store to that BB and you should be fine.

I just got a coupon for GameStop for buy two get one free on used games, it expires the 30th and I don't plan on using it. Anyone want it?

bread's done
Back