Gamestop and Amazon $40 Star Ocean Last Hope International (PS3 only)

vipes209

CAGiversary!
Star Ocean: Last Hope International is now $40
Link for amazon Star Ocean Last Hope International is now $40
270052b.jpg

Get it now it still in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw it also on gamestop.com and jumped on it. Made it even a better deal with the $20 "it pays to stay coupon" they been sending to people. It came out to $19.99 w/ free SAVER shipping.

[quote name='Keero']Just saw it also on gamestop.com and jumped on it. Made it even a better deal with the $20 "it pays to stay coupon" they been sending to people. It came out to $19.99 w/ free SAVER shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hey I got the game for 19.99 + tax and shipping is 24.99. I use the coupon but it only work with the coupon not with SAVER shipping. It say here
"$20 coupon valid on any in-stock game $39.99 or more. Coupon valid online only. Code not applicable on consoles, hard drives or other hardware. May not be combined with other offers. Hurry, coupon expires on 6/21/2010."

[quote name='vipes209']Hey I got the game for 19.99 + tax and shipping is 24.99. I use the coupon but it only work with the coupon not with SAVER shipping. It say here
"$20 coupon valid on any in-stock game $39.99 or more. Coupon valid online only. Code not applicable on consoles, hard drives or other hardware. May not be combined with other offers. Hurry, coupon expires on 6/21/2010."[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing also if it would work. I applied the $20 coupon first then SAVER, but it showed saver with some wierd description so I clicked refresh. It showed SAVER correct then went through checkout fine with both coupons. The gamestop checkout page said $0.00 s/h, but my email shows this yet it doesnt include s/h only tax.
Subtotal: $19.99
Free Value Shipping on your order. $2.99
Estimated Tax: $1.20
Handling: $2.99
Total: $21.19

[quote name='Keero']I was wondering the same thing also if it would work. I applied the $20 coupon first then SAVER, but it showed saver with some wierd description so I clicked refresh. It showed SAVER correct then went through checkout fine with both coupons. The gamestop checkout page said $0.00 s/h, but my email shows this yet it doesnt include s/h only tax.
Subtotal: $19.99
Free Value Shipping on your order. $2.99
Estimated Tax: $1.20
Handling: $2.99
Total: $21.19[/QUOTE]

lol, I should have try that again. I did that, but it say to remove the $20 off coupon or go without this coupon to apply another coupon. Maybe you end up getting it cheaper. well it + 4.99. It good, I didn't mind paying $5 more.

Well, dammit, I used all those coupons ($25 off $100, etc) a few months back to get the price of this down to about $40 when purchased along with some other stuff and thought it was a great deal :bomb:.

I'm also apparently not allowed to get this $20 off coupon everyone else is getting - that is annoying.

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, I used all those coupons ($25 off $100, etc) a few months back to get the price of this down to about $40 when purchased along with some other stuff and thought it was a great deal :bomb:.

I'm also apparently not allowed to get this $20 off coupon everyone else is getting - that is annoying.[/QUOTE]

but you got it a few months early. :cold:

[quote name='tfr']but you got it a few months early. :cold:[/QUOTE]

No, I got it about a month ago and haven't even opened it yet. (OK, it was at the end of April, so not quite 2 months...) But, yeah, no intention of playing it any time soon but it was getting hard to find new so I thought I should jump on the opportunity to get it for less than $60. Then they go an drop it in price for no damn reason...

I didnt get one of those $20 off coupon either =(
Best I could do was use the GS29 code to get it to $37.49 shipped

[quote name='io']No, I got it about a month ago and haven't even opened it yet. (OK, it was at the end of April, so not quite 2 months...) But, yeah, no intention of playing it any time soon but it was getting hard to find new so I thought I should jump on the opportunity to get it for less than $60. Then they go an drop it in price for no damn reason...[/QUOTE]

Hey this morning, I saw the price was $59.99 but I went to check it again at night time to see the price was going to drop. If it didn't drop, I would pick up another game. I guess I was lucky enough to see the price, and get it for $19.99.:D

Of course this happens after I purchase and beat the game.:bomb:
Good game though. I enjoyed it WAY more than the third one.:bouncy:

Is this version worth rebuying from the 360 version? I've already bought the 360 version at KMart for $5, but it's been sitting in my backlog for a while now....

I could be wrong, but as I understand it, the only differences are the Japanese language track and the multiple language subtitles. Other than that it's the exact same game.

[quote name='Vector']I could be wrong, but as I understand it, the only differences are the Japanese language track and the multiple language subtitles. Other than that it's the exact same game.[/QUOTE]

I can't find the Kotaku article but I found this instead

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2009/120609a.html

The PS3 version of Star Ocean: The Last Hope International will give you the option to choose between anime and CG character portraits, depending on your personal preference.
As mentioned in past updates, the game will feature both Japanese and English voice acting, and an array of language subtitles in Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, and Italian. Along with the language options there is an improved battle system, tweaked menus and additional characters.
The game is scheduled to release worldwide in February 2010. For Japan the release date is February 4; for North America it is February 9; and for European audiences it is February 12. Hop over to Square Enix's site for info on the game.

Yeah, additional characters in this version. I'm a sucker for additional characters. That alone feels like a significant enough reason to go with the PS3 version.

Still a bit high for my level of interest at $40. I'll grab it eventually.

[quote name='Broseph']Yeah, additional characters in this version. I'm a sucker for additional characters. That alone feels like a significant enough reason to go with the PS3 version.

Still a bit high for my level of interest at $40. I'll grab it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Who are the additional characters? My friend has the 360 version and he looked through the guide for international and all the characters from the international are the same as the X360 version. I read that the whole "additional characters" thing was actually a mix up prior to release; plus the back of the box nor the manual make any mentions of new characters, only the stuff like the audio, subtitles, and the anime or modern character avatars.

Unlike the PSP remakes of SO1 and SO2, this game has NO additional characters. Just the switchable menu styles, text languages, EN/JP voices, selectable targets in-battle, and some nerfing of characters/item abilities.

Man, I really want to bite, but why the heck does my $10 coupon not work? I only have this game in my cart, only this coupon applied, and have never used the coupon before. This is what it says for me...

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:####### - Receive $10 off your next online purchase. Order value must be at least $10. Any unused portion may be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 4/28/2012 11:59PM

Even though I have the 360 version (in my backlog), I think I want this version just to avoid the apparent crazy disc changing that happens at the end.

[quote name='LanEvoXRacer']Is there a place where I can sign up? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

On the left side of Gamestop site, it says NEWSLETTER. If you sign up, they'll email you exclusives, coupons, etc. I don't know why they never sent the $20 coupon to me... I signed up again.

UPDATE: Since I didn't get the $20 coupon, I applied the code G529 (save 15% and free shipping), and the price dropped to $33.99 + 3.23 tax = $37. It's a better deal than Amazon, but not as cheap... so I'm going to wait another $20 coupon and hope the $39.99 stays permanent.

[quote name='simmias']Even though I have the 360 version (in my backlog), I think I want this version just to avoid the apparent crazy disc changing that happens at the end.[/QUOTE]

look like the price of the 360 and ps3 of both version Star Ocean Last Hope just match the same price:) $40 and even on Amazon but the 360 version is $3 off

Star Ocean: The Last Hope for Xbox 360
Star Ocean Last Hope International for PS3

[quote name='io']Well, dammit, I used all those coupons ($25 off $100, etc) a few months back to get the price of this down to about $40 when purchased along with some other stuff and thought it was a great deal :bomb:.

I'm also apparently not allowed to get this $20 off coupon everyone else is getting - that is annoying.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Only because we haven't created multiple inactive accounts with Game Stop. :roll: Funny how they want to reward their most inactive consumers. What do we get for providing them lots of business during their online sales? Maybe enough Power Up Reward Points for a Mario Keychain. >.>

How is Star Ocean: The Last Hope International, io? I was thinking of picking up that version sometime even if the 360 one has been ridiculously cheaper for a long time. I just like the idea of being able to use Japanese dialogue with English Subtitles as an option. (I tend to watch both dubs and subs of anime).

I bought it from Amazon and at check out it took of $10 making it 29.99. Not sure where the extra discount came from but I'll take it

Hey, if anybody wants the Gamestop $20 coupon, PM me and I'll respond before 6/21, because that's when the coupon code expired. Hopefully, it has unlimited usage.

UDATE: Apparently the code has been used. Sorry guys.

[quote name='Yeahman']I bought it from Amazon and at check out it took of $10 making it 29.99. Not sure where the extra discount came from but I'll take it[/QUOTE]

Haha, strange, I don't know if it was because of me or not... but I cancelled my order and I typed in the option box my reason for cancelling was because Gamestop gave the $20 coupon, and it had free shipping, making the my total about $21.

Second thought maybe it's just coincidence.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Yes, you can use Gamestop credit online.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks! I'll be picking this up then once I trade in FFXIII and some other games + $20 off coupon.

If anyone is interested in getting this used I picked this up yesterday for the B2G1 Free used sale, they lowered the price of used to $34.99 finally. Been waiting for a price drop on this FOREVER and getting a perfect used copy is awesome.

[quote name='io']I'm also apparently not allowed to get this $20 off coupon everyone else is getting - that is annoying.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get the coupon... :cry:
[quote name='io']No, I got it about a month ago and haven't even opened it yet. (OK, it was at the end of April, so not quite 2 months...) But, yeah, no intention of playing it any time soon but it was getting hard to find new so I thought I should jump on the opportunity to get it for less than $60. Then they go an drop it in price for no damn reason...[/QUOTE]

You should wait on Squenix games, in general. I've noticed they're not all that "rare" and they tend to drop in price eventually. I can't believe FF13 went down to $30 so fast, but I also got Crono Trigger for $10 off a Newegg sale! Got Crystal Bearers for $23, etc.

If I had a $20 coupon, I'd jump on this... Guess I'll have to wait for it to drop another $10...

You people should just use camelcamelcamel or something and wait for this to drop to $20 or below. If it won't happen in two months or so, it'll def. be there by Black Friday.

bread's done
Back