Gamestop and Refunds

thunderhawk

CAG Veteran
I went out to get Smackdown vs Raw 2011 today, and after playing for some time, it has gotten very tedious and annoying. In other words, I made a mistake in buying the damn thing.

That brings me to my question. I bought it from Gamestop, and I kept the receipt like I usually do for most of my new games. That said, with the receipt and the game being bought today, if I take it in tomorrow and ask for a refund are they going to give it to me? Or am I going to have to settle for something around $30 for selling them a "used" game, as it was bought new today.

Any help is appreciated.

GAMESTOP RETURN POLICY

Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:
Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
Any product(s) not in its original condition.
Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Please do not send us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

I never buy new games from gamestop because of their price but their used games are convient and cheap.

[quote name='thunderhawk']So in other words, I'm going to have to settle for whatever they give me on the re-sale of the game to them?[/QUOTE]
GAMESTOP RETURN POLICY

Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Please do not send us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

[quote name='Earmuffin585']

Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is .[/QUOTE]

How would that affect their "Employee rental copies" a.k.a "The Shelf copy"? I remember back in they day they used white stickers on the side of the case and if that's broken you could not return it. Haven't seen that for years now though.

Anyway, was the game sealed or a shelf copy?

It was a sealed copy. I have not bought a new game from the place that wasnt sealed in the first place, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes?

If the trade in value is reasonable, I wouldnt mind just selling it back to them and taking the money, however, $60 is a lot to spend on the damn thing when I didnt enjoy it or play it much at all.

Unless you get an amazing employee/manager, you're not going to get your money back; the only thing you can do with new games that are opened is exchange them for another copy.

Next time you should do a little more research about your games before you blind buy them for 60 bucks

[quote name='chooi77']How would that affect their "Employee rental copies" a.k.a "The Shelf copy"? I remember back in they day they used white stickers on the side of the case and if that's broken you could not return it. Haven't seen that for years now though.

Anyway, was the game sealed or a shelf copy?[/QUOTE]

Every store around here still uses a seal if it's a copy off the shelf.

And before the hate pours in, this is the policy at every store for open media. They don't want you buying new, copying the disk, and returning it for your money back.

[quote name='thunderhawk']
If the trade in value is reasonable, I wouldnt mind just selling it back to them and taking the money[/QUOTE]
If you consider $25-27 reasonable then your in luck! I think Gamestop will give you that much in store credit though (less if you want cash back). That's usually the trade in value prices for brand new games. Try selling the game to a buddy of yours for $40-50.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']If you consider $25-27 reasonable then your in luck! I think Gamestop will give you that much in store credit though (less if you want cash back). That's usually the trade in value prices for brand new games. Try selling the game to a buddy of yours for $40-50.[/QUOTE]

Well, that may be what I do. $25 is better than having it sit around and depreciate in value as time goes on.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sell it on Ebay, CAG, or Amazon before you just trade it back to them for $25. Hell the new Amazon price is only $39.99 for PS3, a bit more for 360. Shop Amazon from now on if you can, or at least check first.

[quote name='mission42']Sell it on Ebay, CAG, or Amazon before you just trade it back to them for $25. Hell the new Amazon price is only $39.99 for PS3, a bit more for 360. Shop Amazon from now on if you can, or at least check first.[/QUOTE]

You can sell stuff to Amazon?

That would be an option but I'm the only one who likes wrestling games and has a 360. Otherwise, I would probably do that.

Considering this thing went on sale for $29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy and $34.99 at most other places, even thinking you're going to get $25 is laughable. According to the GS TIV thread, it was getting $20 on December 15th.. it's probably down to $15 or so now.

You know I read that post and I was thinking, what CAG doesnt know how to work the system with gamestop, then I noticed that he is a newbie.

Like everyone has said, never buy anything new from gamestop unless you plan on keeping it for a long time. There is no reason to. Also, in time you will learn that no true CAG would ever buy a game for full price, new or used.

If you cant find a way to get it half off than its not worth buying.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

If you cant find a way to get it half off than its not worth buying.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's a Dragon Quest Game.

Amazon Video Game Deal of the day today. $34.99 for 360 version.

As for selling to Amazon, you can either trade it in to Amazon for credit or you can sell it on Amazon marketplace.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']If you consider $25-27 reasonable then your in luck! I think Gamestop will give you that much in store credit though (less if you want cash back). That's usually the trade in value prices for brand new games. Try selling the game to a buddy of yours for $40-50.[/QUOTE]

$20 base +50% if used toward any used game. Not to sound like a dick, but all this information is readily available right here on CAG.

[quote name='Survivalism']$20 base +50% if used toward any used game. Not to sound like a dick, but all this information is readily available right here on CAG.[/QUOTE]
What, +50% more if used toward ANY used game? Soo can get $40 trade in value if he trades it in and buys Madden 03 for the PS2 (Which is around $0.99)? When the hell did Gamestop start doing this?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Also, in time you will learn that no true CAG would ever buy a game for full price, new or used.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you mean by "full price." I am sure plenty of "true CAGs" pre-order games from, say, Amazon and get $10 to $20 credit. I like saving money, but there are also games that I want to play as soon as they are released.

bread's done
Back