GameStop B&M: X-Blades PC $3.99, yes $3.99

So, will it ring up for this price? The website still lists this at $49.99 and the website is generally the same price as B&M.

I called 2 gamestops (dident tell them about the price) I just asked what it was and they said 39.99

I am not kidding: This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It is not worth $4.

Here are my earlier thoughts on it, from a previous thread:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Please believe me when I say that it is one of the most insanely horrible games you'll play on this generation of platforms. It's absolutely awful, in ways that I'm surprised we're still seeing on major consoles in this day and age.

It moves you from confined area to confined area and forces you to stay and fight ridiculous numbers of enemies before it shoos you into the next little corner to fight a couple thousand more of the same beasts, to open the next magical barrier, and so on and so forth ad nauseam. It has none of the style or pacing of Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or even God of War (which is a piece of shit, IMO, hence the "even"). Learning new skills is never terribly interesting or motivating, so there is little to reward you as you play, and the combat in general continues to feel wonky and frustrating no matter how long you spend with the game.

Some of the graphics are decent, actually, but all the good parts are completely wiped out by the bad. Occasionally, there is an interesting piece of architecture in some area, and some locales are decently colorful, but most of the arenas are completely drab, nondescript, and lacking in detail. A few animations look okay, but most of them are disjointed, and even the best of them don't live up to the standards seen in finer games in this genre. The celshading and lighting effects on the main character look neat, but the character design itself is embarrassingly bad. If this was supposed to some sort of snarky parody of shitty anime, then I could see this working, but I'm afraid that it is quite earnest. It's horrifically patronizing and insulting, that this is supposed to be a character that'll sell this game with "sex appeal;" her preposterous outfit made me want to vomit within 15 seconds, but joy, we get to stare at her thong riding deep into her asscrack for hours on end, until you can mercifully unlock an alternate outfit that covers her goofy ass. And just wait till you hear her talk; you don't even want to get started with her personality.

I don't think I have ever encountered a less likeable protagonist in a videogame, or a more one-dimensional one. Her thoughtlessly selfish motivations for her actions make her seem more like the greedy villain that you should be questing to defeat, rather than be in control of. Her voice is insanely out-of-place; you will wonder if the voice acting in the game was some sort of placeholder work that they forgot to replace. The music, likewise, stays consistently within earbleed territory.

Do not play this game. Please. It's existence is a horrible, irredeemable mistake.

[quote name='Derrick1979']All I really know about this game is that it is a remake of an older PC game named ONi-Blades.[/QUOTE]
Not quite. This game was released over a year ago in Russia (the developer Gaijin Entertainment's home country), under the title Oniblade. So, X-Blades is simply the name that this same game is going by now that it's finally/tragically being released elsewhere in the world.

[quote name='zenprime']If this turns out to be a hidden gem of gaming make some noise about it.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, it's not. You can save your money and be absolutely confident that you're not missing out on a hidden gem here. A blatant turd, yes, but hidden gem, no.

[quote name='Kayden']Hopefully it wont be as bad as Too Human.[/QUOTE]
Too Human is a far, far better game than X-Blades could ever dream of being. X-Blades makes Too Human look like God Hand (THIS IS THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT POSSIBLE, COMING FROM ME; but for dummies who deny God Hand's greatness, just replace "God Hand" with DMC or God of War or something).[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I am not kidding: This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It is not worth $4.[/QUOTE]

nevermind :D you did post a review!

Thanks

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Too Human is a far, far better game than X-Blades could ever dream of being.[/quote]

Ouch, I didn't like Too Human all that much, and I paid $10 for it.. saying X-Blades makes Too Human look like an A+ title discourages me from buying it..

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I am not kidding: This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It is not worth $4.

Here are my earlier thoughts on it, from a previous thread:[/quote]

Have you played Sonic 2006? This game doesn't look anywhere near that bad.

$3.99? This is perfect gag-gift material ! Just like any other gamer, I'm sure they'll still install it & play it at least a little, just to see what it's like.

i have it its not worth the 4 dollars guys. it is so repetitive and lack of real story and flaws make it a pain to play, your better off with the argonauts game.

I was in the store. I had them pull up the price. They looked it up, checked the screen, said $39.99 and it had just dropped today.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I am not kidding: This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It is not worth $4.

Here are my earlier thoughts on it, from a previous thread:[/quote]

while im sure your right about this game being pretty bad, i wouldnt really take advice from you since u think the god of war series is "a piece of shit"... seriously?

bread's done
Back