Gamestop: B1G2 on used XBox games (YMMV)

Shale

CAG Veteran
Went to a local Gamestop over the weekend to see if they had anything worth getting at the B2G1 sale, and while I didn't come up with anything, I did find a far-more-lucrative B1G2 sale on original XBox games. Obviously this only applies if your local Gamestop even has original XBox titles in stock anymore, and if they're anything like mine the selection is mostly old sports games, but I did come away with a couple of titles I've wanted to play for a while.

If you have a 360, remember to check the compatibility list (I can't post the link because I'm a new user, but it's on both Wikipedia and XBox.com) to see if any titles you're interested in will play on it.

[quote name='Scorch']search.. this has been posted many times[/QUOTE]
I did search. Nothing came up. Weird. Any way to delete?

This might still be YMMV in the stores but this is active online and is stackable at the very least with a $10 coupon code, not sure if its stackable with any other coupons

[quote name='DemonsMaster']This might still be YMMV in the stores but this is active online and is stackable at the very least with a $10 coupon code, not sure if its stackable with any other coupons[/QUOTE]
Probably the only things left online for the original Xbox are all of the old Madden games as well, just like the in-store dump bins that were at one time overflowing with original XBox games.:bomb:

It's not like the last time Gamestop cleared out old stock(PS1/DC/SNES/Genesis/etc/etc), where the shit went to 75% off(85% w/ EDGE;)) and I grabbed a whole bunch since they were priced reasonably after the discount.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Probably the only things left online for the original Xbox are all of the old Madden games as well, just like the in-store dump bins that were at one time overflowing with original XBox games.:bomb:

It's not like the last time Gamestop cleared out old stock(PS1/DC/SNES/Genesis/etc/etc), where the shit went to 75% off(85% w/ EDGE;)) and I grabbed a whole bunch since they were priced reasonably after the discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the games available really aren't that great but I wanted to get a game priced $19.99 anyways so adding a 5.99 xbox game gives me free shipping and I can add two more free ones? not a bad deal

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Yeah the games available really aren't that great but I wanted to get a game priced $19.99 anyways so adding a 5.99 xbox game gives me free shipping and I can add two more free ones? not a bad deal[/QUOTE]

It doesn't apply online. :cry:

[quote name='rawrker']It doesn't apply online. :cry:[/QUOTE]

when you add 3 xbox games (the 2 free ones have to be the same price or cheaper) it automatically applies the discount in the cart

yep it works, and there's a few good filler games in there too, will hold off till there's something I really want or need at 20, with a $10 coupon you essentially can get 3 free games, awesome :)

couple decent games left:

Halo, Gauntlet, Half-Life 2, Dreamfall, Metal Slug 3

The store I go to still has alot of crap left :O
But they're all with the shitty covers.
Last time I went I saw Shenmue 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Ninja Gaiden Black.

Hey, so I just accidentally discovered this. I had 2 Used 360 games (both under $20) in my cart and the cheaper game came up free. Confused by this, I looked and saw that the Xbox B1G2 free promo came up as the reason for it, so I put in a 3rd game and it disappeared. So as of right now, this B1G2 is glitched.

Interesting Edit: I just tried this with 3 Used 360 games under $10, and the B1G2 was still effective, and in fact it did 2 of them for free, unlike the $20 or less games.

Probably Final Edit: This didn't work on 3 Used $24.99 games, so the glitch must be exclusive to below $20

bread's done
Back