Gamestop b2g1 3/9-3/11

darkvulture

CAGiversary!
just got a email

starts tomorrow

UPDATE

Buy two pre-owned products get one free* at this location for three days only 3/9-3/11. 17420 HALL ROAD
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, MI, 48038

GAMESTOP SALES ARE NOT AT ONE STORE ITS ALWAYS NATIONWIDE

Last edited by a moderator:
Just woke up to see the e-mail myself. Not one mention of a b2g1 sale. Which would only imply that it's a PUR only sale again. Also to note I havent seen a PUR e-mail yet, but that's the only other thing that would mention it. Other than that the OP lured too many suckers into talking about what they would and wouldnt buy. Kinda sad when it isnt even verified one way or another yet.

Nothing on email... nothing on the website...
Adding 3 Pre-Owned games into my cart does nothing....

Notice in the ops notice that it lists a specific store. Probably a local-only b2g1 because of a new store opening or some promotion. Unless someone else verifies, that is likely the case.

At least op started all the old discussions/arguments about gamestop b2g1 in this thread without a sale actually occurring. :)

[quote name='darkvulture']just got a email

starts tomorrow

UPDATE

Buy two pre-owned products get one free* at this location for three days only 3/9-3/11. 17420 HALL ROAD

GAMESTOP SALES ARE NOT AT ONE STORE ITS ALWAYS NATIONWIDE[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znnk9a-Fsew

Sad because I got three games at the same store I put on hold. (Binary Domain, Asura's Wrath, Darkness II)

starts tomorrow

UPDATE

That's not entirely true. Stores do their own Buy 2 Get 1's all the time. I recall the store at 14 mile and Van Dyke opened and did one that was just there. Especially since the email has the location in it I would say it's only that store.

starts tomorrow

UPDATE

Yeah there are store/district specific sales at GS, this has been proven time and again. For someone who has been on CAG for around 7 years, this is really surprising that you didn't know.

Yes, nice incorrect update, op. Instead of admitting that you made an accident, you just double-down with more falsehoods?

Yeah but in the OP's defense if iirc there have been some sales that started in-store before it went live on the website. This could be one.

[quote name='taylort3']does anyone know if resistance 3 gets a free online pass on the reciept like some other games do? and for that matter, does anyone happen to have a list of the games that do? i know arkham city had it, and i think killzone 3 did too. thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I am really going to have to start looking at my receipts. Wonder how many of those I've thrown away...

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah but in the OP's defense if iirc there have been some sales that started in-store before it went live on the website. This could be one.[/QUOTE]

But generally more than one person would get notification via email, unless the op is on a special mailing list that gets gamestop sales sent to him before anyone else.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Its weird that I'm disappointed there is no b2g1 even though I wasn't really interested in anything.[/QUOTE]

haha ditto.

I got the email also, it says b2g1 free on pre-owned products at this location: 23 mile rd. Shelby Township, MI. So, it must only be certain stores.

[quote name='atc250es']I got the email also, it says b2g1 free on pre-owned products at this location: 23 mile rd. Shelby Township, MI. So, it must only be certain stores.[/QUOTE]

well, it could be worth it then if you really want to do leg work. buy game A at store #1(that has no sale), game b from store 2(that has no sale) and game C from store 3(or at store 1 or 2). return them at the store that is having the sale and re buy them.

with gas prices being what they are, it might not be worth it in many cases

[quote name='atc250es']I got the email also, it says b2g1 free on pre-owned products at this location: 23 mile rd. Shelby Township, MI. So, it must only be certain stores.[/QUOTE]

Both you and the OP are in Michigan.

Alright, thanks for posting this! I might try to go out this Sunday. Wish Gamestop would make B2G1 for a whole week or at least for silver power up card holders.

Edit: :( Watch my location not be included. I take this is some sort of effort to boost sales at the selected locations.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='savagepastry']Notice in the ops notice that it lists a specific store. Probably a local-only b2g1 because of a new store opening or some promotion. Unless someone else verifies, that is likely the case.

At least op started all the old discussions/arguments about gamestop b2g1 in this thread without a sale actually occurring. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah....Only 15 minutes before you posted. He had it listed as nationwide since yesterday since he didnt note only one store at his specific area as doing it.

I was about to head out and buy a game I reserved. Any word of b2g1 for east coast? My local store claims that they didn't get such a notice. And of course, I didn't get any awesome email stating such either :(

Ugh. I read this last night before bed and woke up with plans to head out and get various games this morning... I was so excited.. : ((

[quote name='BrolyB593']Ugh. I read this last night before bed and woke up with plans to head out and get various games this morning... I was so excited.. : (([/QUOTE]

Same here.

I got really excited, since I just racked up some credit and wanted to move some to Amazon. Then I couldn't find any good flips. Then, the whole thing was a bust.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I came to check trade in values and I see this thread :cool:[/QUOTE]

UG I came here to check if this is nationwide or YMMV and I see this post instead..:cry:

jk ;)

Buy two pre-owned products get one free* at this location for three days only 3/9-3/11. 13283 HALL ROAD
UTICA, MI, 48315

thats what my email said its the same gamestop email you get for signing up weekly ads talks about mass effect 3 and other games in the email

[quote name='gn2007']Buy two pre-owned products get one free* at this location for three days only 3/9-3/11. 13283 HALL ROAD
UTICA, MI, 48315

thats what my email said its the same gamestop email you get for signing up weekly ads talks about mass effect 3 and other games in the email[/QUOTE]

3 miles from the op.

THIS IS CLEARLY ONLY FOR PEOPLE IN THIS AREA OF MICHIGAN.

-the end-

[quote name='Pliskin101']UG I came here to check if this is nationwide or YMMV and I see this post instead..:cry:

jk ;)[/QUOTE]

I came back here to check if this was nationwide and see this post :cry:

not jk'ing :cry:

[quote name='Slappybob']Regional post, should be in regional section.[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like it is just for us in SE Michigan.

No gamestop's near me have this deal going on, but was told that you can stack up to 5 years of PUR PRO memberships on your account so you can have 5 of the buy 2, get 1 free coupons to use but they'll arrive a day or so later in your Pur account.

I live in Baton Rouge, LA, and they accepted my coupon I printed off from the powerup website.

I snagged ME3, Amalur: Reckoning, and FF XIII-2 for 100 bones (and ME even had the online pass!).

I had no clue of the sale so in appreciation I will post a 2 month xbox live gold code I got.

Thanks guys! :)

XHC33 - PJKK3 - BBMJP - 2RB6H - 9P4HP

bread's done
Back