Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Even for the new ones being $50 instead of $60. I bought a couple online and returned the ones I bought in store. Saved me like $30.

Some of you guys are getting awesome games and having excellent luck finding 3 new releases in the same store. My backlog is pretty full at the moment and while I would love to get in on the deal, don't think I can.

Games don't stay in your cart. You have to buy them right then.

Picked up Uncharted 2 :ps3:, Brutal Legend :360: and Assassins Creed 2 :360: for less than $80 w/Edge and a $25 eRewards GC. I may swap BL for MW2 if I can find a copy somewhere else. It sucks that they show all these games at $50 online, but those are online-only prices and OOS at that.

[quote name='Skydude']Which 3 of these 4 should I get? Can't decide which to cut...

Dead Space
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
The Last Remnant
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection[/QUOTE]

I would get Dead Space & TLR; I played both through to the end and they're excellent games. Just make sure to install TLR to your hard drive, as it will lag a lot if you don't. As for the other two, I',m not a big fan of either series so it's up to you!

[quote name='sadunk']Yup. Even for the new ones being $50 instead of $60. I bought a couple online and returned the ones I bought in store. Saved me like $30.

Some of you guys are getting awesome games and having excellent luck finding 3 new releases in the same store. My backlog is pretty full at the moment and while I would love to get in on the deal, don't think I can.

Games don't stay in your cart. You have to buy them right then.[/QUOTE]

the fucking B2G1FREE code wasn't working right then. :bomb:

[quote name='atrsixaild']i tried to get an assessory with 2 games, dude said it was only games. But i'm pretty sure other ppl have been able to combine so YMMV

This was in georgetown BK, NY[/QUOTE]

Make him scan it.

I haven't been to that location in a long time, I remember buying FF3 SNES used for $54, about 15 years ago.

Damn damn damn, spent too much damn money!
PS3:
Dragon Age
Marvel UA2
Batman AA

Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma
Uncharted 2
Ass. Creed 2

I got:

COD: MW
Rachet and clank
Uncharted

----

Jacksonville, FL - Gamestop on Kernan had Uncharted2 and Demon's Souls if anyone is interested. 1 copy each

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Got among some games, FFXII Collector's Edition, which was priced the same as the regular version.[/QUOTE]

I got one of those myself. Snagged that along with Ratchet & Clank Going Commando & Ratchet: Deadlocked. Was like $20 and change :)

Second set was:

:ds: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
:ds: Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia
and I could not for the life of me find a 3rd game for $20... was just oging to say fuck it and get :360: Rock Band until I saw...
:psp: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth Mint, Complete, hell it didnt even looked like the person played it by the way the case looked. :applause:

My GS did have Shadow of the Colossus, Futurama, and Tales of the Abyss as well. Too bad Abyss is not complete it is missing the book. :cry:

PS3:
Dragon Age Origins
Demon's Souls

Wii:
Metroid Prime Trilogy(Awesome Box and stuff*)

Wanted Assassin's Creed 2 but was sold out used nearly everywhere. The lady at the desk told me they sold their only copy last night.

Cost $120 and both games and all 3 games are in perfect condition.

Bought an edge card and GI subscription and ended up paying 4 dollars for it because the lady let me use it on the games I just bought.

Alot of money..good savings though.

I feel accomplished. I successfully completed the trifecta of 360 holiday FPS releases: ODST, MW2, and L4D2. Thank you to the kind souls who traded in those games already.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Please tell me that Golden axe is a gag gift or for a mortal enemy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']My wife's sister has 5 boys between the ages of 6-13, I really don't think they will give a rats ass what games they're getting.[/QUOTE]

You may be better off actually giving them a rat's ass.
It would stink less.

Last edited by a moderator:
crap i forgot about this sale today. GS isnt open tomorrow are they or should i go there now and pray for some decent games leftover

Did a return rebuy at my store today and finalized my purchases of Demon's Souls, Borderlands, and NGS2. They said they've been denying people who've been trying to do the same and that because they knew of me already that they were going to do it for me. Wanted to call BS on it, but I was happy that mine was done.

[quote name='W0lfRHart']crap i forgot about this sale today. GS isnt open tomorrow are they or should i go there now and pray for some decent games leftover[/QUOTE]

I would just call

Hit the Jack Pot. Wife ran out and got Uncharted 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed 2. Just what I was looking for.

Thanks OP, I got these for the PS3

Assassin's Creed
Force Unleashed
Tomb Raider Underworld

$43 total

Stopped by my local store & got a few more things.

Open Season
Lego Indy/Kung Fu Panda
NFL Head Coach 09

DS
Super Mario 64
New Super Mario Bros
PRofessor Layton & Curious Village

All for $69 of my credit. I just noticed on my receipt that they didn't ring up Open Season at all, but I guess it works out the same. Except their inventory might be off now.

[quote name='jd2k9']Wow it seems like I was the only one who was able to luck into used New Super Mario Bros wii.[/QUOTE]

I got one last week with the Assassins Creed 2 coupon! :D

I made everyone quite jealous in the coupon thread! :cool:

Managed to pick up Dragons Age(360), Borderlands(360), and NBA 2k10(Ps3). It required a return-rebuy of Borderlands, but they were ok with it. And Bonus, the DA DLC code was unused.

Tried getting L4D2, Borderlands, and MW2 - no luck.

I have two GameStops next to each other, neither of them had MW2, then each had one of my games but not the other.

Gave up and bought L4D2 & Borderlands at Target with the $10 coupon.
:)

Will it be possile to buy a game from one gamestop and return it to another that is minutes away and rebuy it in the same day? Im trying to move a CoD:MW2 to a GS that has FIFA and then buy both with some other third game.

I'm sure you could. It's worth a shot, and if they don't let you you can just return the original game to the original gamestop

Just got

Borderlands
Demon's Souls
Ultimate Alliance 2

for PS3.

I'm hoping sometime in the next 7 days I can to a return/rebuy and get Assassins Creed II in place of Ultimate Alliance 2.

[quote name='warmsignal']So would this explain why everything worth a damn under used is "currently not available on-line"?[/QUOTE]

Some, like many PS3 games, were unavailable from the start. I had to go with a copy of NBA2K10 instead of Uncharted 2 due to this fact.

I went a little crazy with this sale:

:gba: Golden Sun
:gba: Golden Sun 2
:ps2: Wild Arms 3

Total: $16.94 :whee:

On a serious note, I was happy that Golden Sun 2 was a couple cheaper than it's listed online. Might head over to the other GS in town later this weekend to see if there is anything else worthwhile.

i have a ? i made a mistake and bought a game in the buy 2 get one free and found out my brother alrdy had it so if i return it do i need to also return the free game to? i wanted to pick out another game ty all

Picked up in-store:

:360:Gears of War Collector's Edition (included everything even 2nd disc) $9.99
:360:Rainbow Six: Vegas $7.99
:360:Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 Free

and

:wii:Super Mario Galaxy $39.99
:ps3:InFamous $34.99
:ps3:Resistance 2 Free

all -10% so about $90 for six great games.. nice.

Picked up:

Dragon Quest V :ds:
Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box :ds:
Ghostbusters :360:

LOTR: BFME II :360:
The Club :360:
Kane & Lynch :360:

I missed out on COD:MW2 :360: at 3 GS but it's my fault since I didn't head out until after 11 am. One had already been sold, the other was on hold and the last one had been checked out by an employee. There are several other copies at other GS so I'll try my luck on Friday. I wanted to pick it up along with Borderlands and either UFC Undisputed 09 or Batman:AA.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
GRAW 2
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
Riddick Dark Athena
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
inFamous

$100 after tax
(with EDGE card obviously)

$16.67 each :O

I had a fun experience at Gamestop today. I had some credit that I really needed to get rid of, so I scoured the shelves for non-PH copies of Battlefield Bad Company, Burnout Paradise and Fear 2 (with slip cover). They took my cases at the register, turned around, grabbed beat-up case copies of all three games, rang me up and bagged my games like nothing had even happened. They didn't even offer to let me see the discs.

After the clerk put the receipt in my bag, I said "Can you give me the cases I brought up?" He looked at me like I fucking asked him for the keys to the store, then brought the three cases back over. I then proceeded to pull each game from out of the bag, open them one by one and inspect each disc, then transfer the games into the good cases while he held them open. When it was all done, I said thanks, and he gave me a half-assed have a nice day. As if i was the one being an asshole.

I only ever go to Gamestop if it's a last resort or there's some super fucking amazing sale going on. And this was a shining example of why. Thank God for Amazon.

I bought some games online......has anyone had experience buy from gs online? Im worried it might not come complete...

I picked up Last Remnant, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Battlefield Bad Company PS3.

Should I have picked up Bad Company for the 360 instead? Any difference?

AARGH!

I had my order ready to go, and when I clicked the last confirmation, someone had bought the last copy of Baten Kaitos Origins. I missed it by seconds... T_T

Picked up Brutal Legend/Borderlands/Halo 3: ODST for 120.70 after tax... that comes to about $40 each... :/ I might return them since it was an impulse buy...

bread's done
Back