Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. manager, a little OT, but do you know if the current trade in promos are gonna be extended this next week? Looking at the Black Friday adscans, it appears that way...

[quote name='hawaiiboy']How about return/rebuy. I picked up games on Friday and someone else mentioned that next Friday will be the 8th day so I could run into problems trying to get the b2 g1. I've done it a few times without any problems but just wanted to see if that is actually the case and I could get shot down. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can try and say that since they were closed on Thursday, you had to choice but to come in on Friday. I don't know if it'll work but it's worth a shot.

Just bought my 3 games today. Will stop by my local GS after work on Wed. and return/rebuy (confirmed with the AM today). Hoping they have Dragon Age: Origins and/or Tekken 6 by Wed.

[quote name='adamtastic']If you look at gamestop's site, their b2g1 landing page says 25-29[/QUOTE]
winnar

Great news for me. As I just started working at TRU & didn't know when I was going to make it to GS over the weekend. But I'm off Wed so ... score!

[quote name='Crusher09']Well, I don't expect people to go there mainly for the $10 games. I expect them to camp out for the big things. Ofcourse you shouldn't camp out for this, as I'm sure that the games you're looking for at this price will have plenty in stock. Last Year Best Buy had copies of BioShock for $10 in a big bin at my local store on Black Friday. When I came back a day or 2 later, there were still a majority of them left out of the 20+ from that Friday. Now, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, Civilization IV,STALKER, and WOW will only cost $5 on BF. I expect tons of bargin bin deals to be available throughout the Black Friday sales, so you can probably just walk in about 4-5 hours later and still find plenty of copies left. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but my point is that you shouldn't put the cheap games on the top of your list unless you don't have much money to spend this year.[/QUOTE]

Where is this news of Far Cry 2, Assassins Creed, etc. being 5 dollars come from? I certainly can't find reference to it anywhere. I see that there will be some 7 dollar games at WalMart on BF, but I haven't seen a list of them either. Got a source?

is gamestop or gamecrazy have'n call of duty mondern warfare 2 on black friday for $39.99 i would really like to know this
thanks

this was answered several times in last year's B2G1 thread, but i already forgot. can i buy used games at one gamestop and return them at a different gamestop within the six days?

hopefully.. they'll replenish their laughable ps3 used games stock online.. i can't find any of these titles:
resistance 1, or 2, uncharted 1, killzone 2, motorstorm pacific rift... :(

prolly going to buy about 9 games with this sale.

assassins creed 2 [already got it ready to be returned :D]
uncharted 2
madden 10.

then my 39.99 price point games:
killzone 2
resistance 2
motorstorm pacific rift

then my $20ish ones...
uncharted
resistance
not sure?

[quote name='travisk8822']is gamestop or gamecrazy have'n call of duty mondern warfare 2 on black friday for $39.99 i would really like to know this
thanks[/QUOTE]

That's a big nope. Call of Duty World at War is a doorbuster at Gamestop for that price, but MW2 is not on sale.

I don't get it... I just called my Gamestop and asked the guy if I can buy three used games for full price at a different Gamestop right now, and then return it to the one he works at in a couple days, then re-buy them on the spot (ensuring that those three games are not snagged by someone else).

The guy just said flat out "No, we can't do something like that." I'm confused, because many people are suggesting that that's exactly what they are planning to do.

[quote name='hyunkim']I don't get it... I just called my Gamestop and asked the guy if I can buy three used games for full price at a different Gamestop right now, and then return it to the one he works at in a couple days, then re-buy them on the spot (ensuring that those three games are not snagged by someone else).

The guy just said flat out "No, we can't do something like that." I'm confused, because many people are suggesting that that's exactly what they are planning to do.[/QUOTE]

They can't refuse you from returning it then repurchasing it again. They will just say no, but when it comes down to it, they can't say no once you returned it then say you want to purchase them again. I've done this at every single B2G1 and at all 5 GS in my area. Trust me, you can do it.

Another question about the return/rebuy:

Can I buy my games at separate stores then return/rebuy at one? For example, I buy AC2 at Gamestop A and buy MW2 at Gamestop B. Can I return/rebuy both at Gamestop B with both receipts? and then be allowed to pick up a free game....or is that to much.

[quote name='poop69']Another question about the return/rebuy:

Can I buy my games at separate stores then return/rebuy at one? For example, I buy AC2 at Gamestop A and buy MW2 at Gamestop B. Can I return/rebuy both at Gamestop B with both receipts? and then be allowed to pick up a free game....or is that to much.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. It was actually answered a few pages back, but I'll say it again. If you are going to do that, make sure your payment method is consistent. So if you paid with credit card at one store, use the same credit card at the other store. Because when you bring all the games back to redo the promotion, the money has to go back somewhere, and itll get confusing if you use multiple credit cards because the system will randomly choose which card to return the amount to, so just make sure if you do this, the payment method is consistent so its easier for them to do the refund on the free game.

But in your situation since you are just going to pick up the free game at that store, thats just fine too. It doesn't matter. I normally just get all of them ahead of time and then go back to redo the promotion so I don't have to sit there and search for a third game. Go in and get out :D

[quote name='Squarehard']They can't refuse you from returning it then repurchasing it again. They will just say no, but when it comes down to it, they can't say no once you returned it then say you want to purchase them again. I've done this at every single B2G1 and at all 5 GS in my area. Trust me, you can do it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they reserve the right to refuse the sale of merchandise with whomever they want, just like every other business I've heard of... maybe the guy is just an asshole?

[quote name='hyunkim']I'm pretty sure they reserve the right to refuse the sale of merchandise with whomever they want, just like every other business I've heard of... maybe the guy is just an asshole?[/QUOTE]

They can refuse the right to refuse sale of merchandise if they were just complete assholes, but to be honest, I have never ran into this problem, ever, in all of the B2G1 in the past. I have been told no once, but the thing is, I explained to him I was just going to return it anyways, so why not, so the guy was like fine and a week after when I went in, he told me he only said that cause his manager was standing there, lol.

Does Gears 2 deal of week stack with B2G1 if the store starts on 11/25/09?

Edit

Never mind, it says excludes other offers on the banner.

I'm probably gonna stop by my GS tomorrow and pick up Borderlands, Forza 3, and Fallout 3 GOTY since they have all 3 in stock at the moment, then return and rebuy on Wednesday.

[quote name='kaydigi']Does Gears 2 deal of week stack with B2G1 if the store starts on 11/25/09?[/QUOTE]

Normally sale items in the past have not stacked. It doesn't go through when the employee hits total. But I have been able to get employees in the past to override this for me. But thats totally YMMV.

Does anyone know if Gamestop updates their used online selection, specifically for PS3 when a B2G1 starts? There are six games I want, and only one is available online, and the rest are available at stores about 30 minutes away from me.

Also, when does it usually come back? I think last year there was also one around Christmas?

[quote name='hyunkim']Does anyone know if Gamestop updates their used online selection, specifically for PS3 when a B2G1 starts? There are six games I want, and only one is available online, and the rest are available at stores about 30 minutes away from me.

Also, when does it usually come back? I think last year there was also one around Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Actually it was after New Years when it came back last year. Right around then.

People that buy used games at Gamestop at their regular used price should be ashamed of themselves.
Their used games price are ridiculously high.

[quote name='japaki']hopefully.. they'll replenish their laughable ps3 used games stock online.. i can't find any of these titles:
resistance 1, or 2, uncharted 1, killzone 2, motorstorm pacific rift... :(
[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it, there online selection for all consoles on new releases is pretty small and has been for months. I remember they had an online b1g1 free several weeks ago and there were literally like 6 games available for over 50 dollars(ie newer releases).

I also would highly recommend you don't purchase games from their online store- I've made 3 separate purchases and each time I've received damaged goods-2 of the times they were too lazy to remove the sticker that said defective on it. The online inventory is were they sell damaged and refurbished goods.

Yes you can buy them now and return them to repurchase them. At my store we are not starting the b2g1 until Friday morning.

Glad to here the sale will start on Wednesday. If it had started Friday I wouldn't have been able to get any games (will be nowhere near any GameStops from Wednesday night till Tuesday night).

Probably getting Uncharted, Ghostbusters (360), and MLB 2K9 (360).

Hey guys, I'm planning to get batman:arkham asylum but I don't know which route to take. I can wait until black friday and buy it for $39.99 new or buy it used at $50 with edge and 1 other used game and get a free game. You see, if I buy it new, it won't count as a used game and then I have to buy 2 used games to get a free game if I want in on the deal. I want to spend the least amount of money possible.

Which route would you guys take? I really don't care if the copy is new or used, as long as it works.

unknownthreat,

If you only want one game, then get batman on friday for $40. However, if there are 2 other games you really want and they are ~$50, then get those with b2g1.

[quote name='J7.']Nice work Squarehard! Time to search their website.[/QUOTE]
cheesy.gif
smiley.gif
cheesy.gif

I never get tired of these penguins :3

[quote name='emd081603']Yes you can buy them now and return them to repurchase them. At my store we are not starting the b2g1 until Friday morning.[/QUOTE]

So you can buy 3 games and then bring them back and they will give you credit back for one after the deal starts??

>>>Er sorry guess you can, read back a few pages sorry.

At my store we are not starting the b2g1 until Friday morning.

if its advertised on the website wed-sun how can a store not go along with that and choose to run it fri-sun? just curious since i went by last night and the mgr confirmed it will be on wednesday when i asked him last week and he said friday.

If any Akron, OH area CAGs are looking for GS credit for this, I have a $15 giftcard I'd part with for $12 since I don't feel like paying $10 more for a used game than it will be for a new one elsewhere on BF.(HAWX 360)

PM me.

Yes if you have bought them within the last 7 days you just return and repurchase them and they will give you the cheapest one for free.

I actually do not see on the website anywhere that it starts on Wednesday or see it listed at all actually. All I know is all my signage and information indicates it does not start until Friday morning and runs through Sunday.

Edit-OK, i did find it on the site now but I can still confirm at least for my store it will not be starting until Friday A.M.

glad to see this thread back with confirmation on b2g1 start date......i'll be at my local gstop on wednesday after work....

don't remember this being brought up, if so, sorry for asking again. I went to Gamestop the other day and wanted a MVC2 madcatz tourny stick, they only had the 360 so I ask if theres any other store close by that might have it and they said yes. they also ask if I would like to have that store ship it to the store that I was in and didn't have it in stock. I said yes. so my question is, if a used game is not in their store, can we ask them to ship used games from other stores? thanks to anyone who is willing to answer

[quote name='shinryu333']don't remember this being brought up, if so, sorry for asking again. I went to Gamestop the other day and wanted a MVC2 madcatz tourny stick, they only had the 360 so I ask if theres any other store close by that might have it and they said yes. they also ask if I would like to have that store ship it to the store that I was in and didn't have it in stock. I said yes. so my question is, if a used game is not in their store, can we ask them to ship used games from other stores? thanks to anyone who is willing to answer[/QUOTE]

Well if they offered, then I would just accept it. Normally for lower priced products they probably won't do it. But since it is a higher priced item, they probably are willing to do it for you. But really, if they offered, I would just take it. :D

I wish you could reserve games online for in store pick up or the store could mail them. The closest store to me with each of the games I want is 90 miles away lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher09
Well, I don't expect people to go there mainly for the $10 games. I expect them to camp out for the big things. Ofcourse you shouldn't camp out for this, as I'm sure that the games you're looking for at this price will have plenty in stock. Last Year Best Buy had copies of BioShock for $10 in a big bin at my local store on Black Friday. When I came back a day or 2 later, there were still a majority of them left out of the 20+ from that Friday. Now, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, Civilization IV,STALKER, and WOW will only cost $5 on BF. I expect tons of bargin bin deals to be available throughout the Black Friday sales, so you can probably just walk in about 4-5 hours later and still find plenty of copies left. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but my point is that you shouldn't put the cheap games on the top of your list unless you don't have much money to spend this year.
Where is this news of Far Cry 2, Assassins Creed, etc. being 5 dollars come from? I certainly can't find reference to it anywhere. I see that there will be some 7 dollar games at WalMart on BF, but I haven't seen a list of them either. Got a source?

Was wondering if there was anyone out there that could confirm what someone said earlier about this?

bread's done
Back