Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are getting 6 games [2 free] the coupon only gives you the 2 lowest priced ones free...

Would really suck to have to pay shipping on 3 of the 6 because you do 2 transactions and don't hit the $25 for free shipping.

I wonder if it will be fixed...

[quote name='msuna']Coupon is live now on gamestop.com[/QUOTE]

Wait, do you need a coupon or will it just automatically give you the deal when you checkout?

[quote name='Dahk']Wait, do you need a coupon or will it just automatically give you the deal when you checkout?[/QUOTE]

The coupon clearly states that you will need to input the coupon code "B2G1FREE" code when prompted during checkout.

Man, I can't wait to see how many times people ask "do you need a coupon?" or "is there a code, I can't get it to work?"

In other news, damn it...there were 5 Ico's in stock as of Sunday...I was holding off ordering them for this sale...but of course, they are gone now!

[quote name='joeycanoey']If you are getting 6 games [2 free] the coupon only gives you the 2 lowest priced ones free...

Would really suck to have to pay shipping on 3 of the 6 because you do 2 transactions and don't hit the $25 for free shipping.

I wonder if it will be fixed...[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but it looks like it only gives you 3 free games (9 games total) max.

[quote name='evilmrhenry']Not only that, but it looks like it only gives you 3 free games (9 games total) max.[/QUOTE]

Per transaction online. If you reorder, itll cap at 9 again, but by no means will it not work after 9 games.

[quote name='Squarehard']Per transaction online. If you reorder, itll cap at 9 again, but by no means will it not work after 9 games.[/QUOTE]
It combines badly with the "lowest priced games in your cart bug" to keep this deal from being useful for *any*

[quote name='evilmrhenry']It combines badly with the "lowest priced games in your cart bug" to keep this deal from being useful for *any*

Is it just me or does it seem that Eb is no longer lowering the used game prices much, games like Batman are cheaper on ebay even brand new compared to ebgames "used" prices.

Just ordered Borderlands, Beatles Rock Band and NBA 2K10 (because Uncharted 2 was OOS) for a cool $98.

I also got SAVER to stack with it, in case anyone was curious and wanted to know.

I've been trying different combinations with some different codes, and I can't get any kind of discount to stack with the B2G1. I do remember that time that CAG 16 was stacking, and SAVER...ridiculous. I seem to recall that was this sale last year, and I definitely remember them having a pretty decent selection of newer stuff online (at least at first), so maybe they'll add some more titles soon.

Already bought CoDMW2 on Saturday. Figured I would get the hard to find used one out of the way. Now I'll just get Fallout GOTY and want Tiger Woods, but it kills me to pay that much for a used sports game.

Picked up:

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe :360:
Super Paper Mario :wii:
Borderlands :360:

For 69.87 after tax, edge, B2G1FREE and a $10 coupon from an old order screw up. Not a bad haul.

Awesome, I've had these games on my get eventually list, lol.

Purchased Forza 3, NFS:Shift and COD:WaW (I have yet to kill any Nazi Zombies) for about 100 bucks. Was going to have Saints Row 2 as my third game but WaW is better for my situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamespot seriously should get more games online. This is the best overall deal out right now and I can't even get the games I want without driving out of state lol.

it looks like i can't take advantage of this B2g1... even though i want 6 games and have $210 in credit. why? because of gamestops insanely horrific online selection, particularly with ps3.

B&M is out of the option, because the games i want are scattered far and wide (literally both far and wide). groan...

NO DS GAMES

PSP GAMES
Every Extend Extra - Used
World Tour Soccer
Virtua Tennis
MLB
Madden NFL 06

any of those 3 for 10... not sure if any are worth 3.33 each

Dynasty Warriors 2
Powerstone Collection - Used
Dragoneer's Aria

those 3 for 20 not bad but not good

Insanely horrific doesn't begin to describe how pathetic their online inventory is. What good does it do to be 5 bucks cheaper when you can't even buy the darned things.

[quote name='hyunkim']why? because of gamestops insanely horrific online selection, particularly with ps3. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hibiwa']Insanely horrific doesn't begin to describe how pathetic their online inventory is. What good does it do to be 5 bucks cheaper when you can't even buy the darned things. [/QUOTE]

too true. :(

And I have to work on Wednesday... probably store will be cleaned out by the time I get off work. Poo...:cry:

thinking about getting (360) Dead Space, Pure anddd another $17.99 game, any suggestions? Maybe Rise of the Argonauts but I've heard a lot of negative things about that game. hmm

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']thinking about getting (360) Dead Space, Pure anddd another $17.99 game, any suggestions? Maybe Rise of the Argonauts but I've heard a lot of negative things about that game. hmm[/QUOTE]

Battle Fantasia

Here's their clear as day return policy from the website. And I've returned games bought online before.

To return products purchased Online:

Online:
To return or exchange an item to GameStop.com, include the packing list, identify the reason for the return and send it to the address on the return shipping label.

Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Handling costs are non-refundable. If the reason for your return is due to our error, please contact us at the number below for a handling credit.

Any new product shipped from us between October 15, 2009 and December 24th, 2009 may be returned, with packing list, by January 15th, 2010. Packaging must be unopened and in resale condition.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']thinking about getting (360) Dead Space, Pure anddd another $17.99 game, any suggestions? Maybe Rise of the Argonauts but I've heard a lot of negative things about that game. hmm[/QUOTE]

Argonauts is not a bad game in my opinion it is just that there is way too much dialogue and not enough gameplay. That was the only problem I had with that game. They should have lessened the dialogue.

I ordered Borderlands, Wet, and Need For Speed: Shift for $85 (after 10% edge discount on top of B2G1FREE) plus tax. It didn't look like you could get Forza 3 used online. FIFA Soccer 2010 looks like it is available online. I picked up Forza 3 and FIFA 10 in the Amazon Buy $80 worth of games, get a $40 game credit.

Thanks for this! Got Borderlands, MUA & NBA Live 10 for $96. Sucks that I get charged tax online, but still with the lower prices online, it worked out a couple bucks better than it would have in store. Hmm, now to make another purchase?

[quote name='major morgan']I'm sure that it's allowed, but can someone please confirm that used games bought online can be returned to a B&M store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just hold onto the sales receipt (?) that comes in the package. If you've got that you'll have no problems. They'll probably give you odd looks because it doesn't happen often, but I've never had problems the last two times I've done the same.

And yeah...I'm starting to like GS now. The promotion for pre-ordering, then getting $40 credit if you don't like the game...Is a definitive plus for me. If they started doing that and offering a $5 cheaper pre-order price...They'd have me sold on every game I'm looking to purchase.

[quote name='major morgan']I'm sure that it's allowed, but can someone please confirm that used games bought online can be returned to a B&M store?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can return/exchange games purchased online instore. Just keep the packing slip that the game is shipped with. I have done this a few times.

[quote name='hyunkim']why? because of gamestops insanely horrific online selection, particularly with ps3. [/QUOTE]

aye, rushed over to try to take advantage of B2G1 and only one of the PS3 games on my list are in stock...hope my luck tomorrow is a little better.

Anyone know if I can get three games at one store, go to a different one and exchange one of them for some other game with the same price?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Anyone know if I can get three games at one store, go to a different one and exchange one of them for some other game with the same price?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Worst comes to worst they will just return it all and then rering it all up with the game you want at that store.

ya i wanted to pick up some ds games, but the ones i want are either not available online or not even listed as used. and even tomorrow i can't find a nearby gs that has atleast 3 in the same store

I had to call 8 gamestops before i found a used MW2 for ps3. I finally found one and only one, went and got it to return for the b2g1 tomorrow.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I had to call 8 gamestops before i found a used MW2 for ps3. I finally found one and only one, went and got it to return for the b2g1 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

i found 2. but i got the game for 360 so meh

Is Gamestop good about keeping around the manuals and cases for their used games? Its been ages since I bought anything used from them but B2G1 will be nice to score some exclusives for my newly acquired PS3.

[quote name='Razhera']Is Gamestop good about keeping around the manuals and cases for their used games? Its been ages since I bought anything used from them but B2G1 will be nice to score some exclusives for my newly acquired PS3.[/QUOTE]

Its going to be a complete YMMV for stores, but if you shop online, then they guarantee all of the used games to come complete with original cases and manuals now. But for stores its still a toss up since they don't require any trade ins to be fully complete with anything.

[quote name='japaki']what exclusives u pickin up big guy :p[/QUOTE]

Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Resistance 2 are what I have in mind currently. They're available at the Gamestop closest to where I live. Probably should have stated beforehand that I meant in store and not online since the selection online is pretty abysmal.

[quote name='Squarehard']Its going to be a complete YMMV for stores, but if you shop online, then they guarantee all of the used games to come complete with original cases and manuals now. But for stores its still a toss up since they don't require any trade ins to be fully complete with anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought so. Guess I'll be driving around town tomorrow to check it out. Thanks for the info :)

bread's done
Back