Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm so im gonna hold off on this till friday cause i might get a ps3 and want to start my collection with this sale

This is what i want so far:

Borderlands
Uncharted 2
NBA Live 10

I also heard infamous was a good game so would you guys reccomend borderlands or infamous? And is there any other good 50-60 dollars @ GS thats BETTER than Borderlands or Infamous?

And i dont wanna get rid of NBA Live 10 cause of personal reasons :)

My dream of L4D2, Beatles and Fallout 3 GOTY is seemingly dead. Online tracker said all 3 games were available at Greenlawn Gamestop, but they weren't. I called before, but they must have had the phone off of the hook between 7-8. Sigh. I've been itching to spend some of my credit.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Hmm so im gonna hold off on this till friday cause i might get a ps3 and want to start my collection with this sale

This is what i want so far:

Borderlands
Uncharted 2
NBA Live 10

I also heard infamous was a good game so would you guys reccomend borderlands or infamous? And is there any other good 50-60 dollars @ GS thats BETTER than Borderlands or Infamous?

And i dont wanna get rid of NBA Live 10 cause of personal reasons :)[/QUOTE]

...b/c youre secretly Kobe Bryant and youre a cheap ass gamer? :)

Gamestop is holding PS3 Dragon Age, Arkham Asylum, MUA 2 for me, which I'll pick up at 10 am. I called them right at 9 pm when they closed and got them to grab those for me. Easy score tomorrow.

Their online used games sale, pretty sucky for newer used games, particularly for PS3 titles.

chickenbutt that sig is highly offensive.

[quote name='mercilessming']Is it just me or does it seem that Eb is no longer lowering the used game prices much, games like Batman are cheaper on ebay even brand new compared to ebgames "used" prices.[/QUOTE]
Don't you know used is better than new! :cool:

Filling the missing pieces of my collection.
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Rise of the Argonauts
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Although now I'm questioning if I already own Rise of the Argonauts or not (hard to keep track once a collection goes over 200 pieces). Mind Over Mutant is what I really wanted (for co-op). Crash of the Titans was enjoyable.

wow online selection is horrible. i want is

MGS4
uncharted 1
R&C tools of destruction.

none of them are in stock. guess ill have to stop by the mall tommorow.

Rockstar's Table Tennis
Gears of War
and bioshock for me tomorrow :)

I was going to get assassins creed but I heard it was short and repetitive?

if they dont fix this online stock thing i'm walking my happy ass to b&m and getting the following:

uncharted 2
assassins creed 2
madden 10

then
resistance 2
killzone 2
motorstorm pacific rift

then
uncharted
resistance
???

I liked what I played of Assassin's Creed, but it is a bit repetitive. All of the towns that I've entered involve you passing the entrance guards in the same manner, the major cities, while somewhat different, don't look too different that you'd be able to distinguish one from another, and um... that's all for now.

If you have plans on purchasing Assassin's Creed II in the future, then I'd definitely say give the first game a play.

[quote name='voidedx']Filling the missing pieces of my collection.
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Rise of the Argonauts
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Although now I'm questioning if I already own Rise of the Argonauts or not (hard to keep track once a collection goes over 200 pieces). Mind Over Mutant is what I really wanted (for co-op). Crash of the Titans was enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, just keep in in alphabetical order. I'm over 300 games for the 360 and it only took me 10 seconds to see what I was missing.

[quote name='japaki']if they dont fix this online stock thing i'm walking my happy ass to b&m and getting the following:

uncharted 2
assassins creed 2
madden 10

then
resistance 2
killzone 2
motorstorm pacific rift

then
uncharted
resistance
???[/QUOTE]

You could of gotten AC2 practically all day today for $39.99 on Amazon. Amazon will have Madden 10 for 34.99 on Friday. I understand if you have store credit or a Gamestop employee pumping this deal up, but I don't understand why people are going crazy over this Gamestop promo when you can purchase most of these games BRAND NEW, w/FREE SHIPPING and in most places NO TAX for just about the same price as USED at Gamestop. If you shop around, sometimes even lower!

It's so hard to even think of GS at this point when there are so many deals that passed or deals that are coming up. Most of the good ones can be easily picked up at the Gamefly's online Store section that are $10-20 cheaper than GS's used price. Also all the Amazon deals are ridiculously cheap. I guess this is good for people who want specific titles they can't find online or out of print.

[quote name='leopaw']You could of gotten AC2 practically all day today for $39.99 on Amazon. Amazon will have Madden 10 for 34.99 on Friday. I understand if you have store credit or a Gamestop employee pumping this deal up, but I don't understand why people are going crazy over this Gamestop promo when you can purchase most of these games BRAND NEW, w/FREE SHIPPING and in most places NO TAX for just about the same price as USED at Gamestop. If you shop around, sometimes even lower![/QUOTE]

it was 49.99 wasnt it?

Can you really find Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm Pacific Rift for less than $72? Cuzz, I'd jump all over that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what this means?

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping"

[quote name='Jay']Anyone know what this means?

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping"[/QUOTE]

It means the coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected.

or (sans snark), the SAVER code does not combine with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free Code. Remove Saver from your account and try again. Shipping should still be free.

I thought shipping was free on all orders over $25 so people don't need to freak about the SAVER code. It says on their site's main page.

[quote name='J7.']I thought shipping was free on all orders over $25 so people don't need to freak about the SAVER code. It says on their site's main page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I don't think SAVER is really needed for these things since your are almost guaranteed to spend more than $25 during B2G1. Last year was different since they did not incorporate free shipping over $25 until recently.

I went to both local gamestops today. The one I tend to go to the most had nothing good.. Horrible selection. The one in the mall had a few good ones though. They had COD MW 2 (PS3) New Super Mario Brothers Wii (No clue how I lucked into that since it just came out) Smackdown VS RAW 2010 (360) I was going to buy all 3 and return them tomorrow. However the manager who I am cool with told me not to go through the hassle and told me he would hold all 3 of them for me untill 3pm wednesday :) So I gave him all 3 and he took down my name & phone number and put them in a droor w00t. So I'll go there around 10 or 11 tomorrow and pick them up. I am hoping they will get COD MW 2 for 360 in the next 5 or 6 days and I'll switch the PS3 version for it. I also may switch out SD VS RAW 2010 if they get AC 2 or something else worthy in. Was anyone else lucky enough to get them to put some games aside for you for tomorrow?

Just got back from GS and traded in a bunch to have credit ready and the clerk let me get

PS3
infamous
overlord II
MLB 09

$60 OTD.....

saved me a trip for tomorrow, also held a psp 1000 for me for 79.99.

[quote name='pun123']Just got back from GS and traded in a bunch to have credit ready and the clerk let me get

PS3
infamous
overlord II
MLB 09

$60 OTD.....

saved me a trip for tomorrow, also held a psp 1000 for me for 79.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these things normally tend to start at 7pm the night before since it gives employees time to set up signage for next day.

I'm getting digimon world 4 on gamecube from the website. I'd rather not get it from the online store but I know my 2 stores don't have it.

[quote name='J7.']chickenbutt that sig is highly offensive.

Don't you know used is better than new! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. Didn't know. I took it off my thing I think.

Oh yeah forgot to post.

I'm going to the store tomorrow to pick up some DS games hopefully. Still haven't got a ps3 though ;P Probly wait a bit more, just buy a new one.

BTW the DS store online is crap.

[quote name='Gertle627']Hmm, that's weird. Can't seem to get the code to work online now. It's showing up in my cart, but the discount isnt applied.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you are using B2G1Free and not B2G1 since thats the old code.

Coupon B2G1FREE - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser Value Free. May not be combined with other offers. Offer expires 7/19/09 at 11:59PM

[quote name='Gertle627']Coupon B2G1FREE - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser Value Free. May not be combined with other offers. Offer expires 7/19/09 at 11:59PM[/QUOTE]

But it applies the discount XD. Technically its not suppose to be live until tomorrow anyways, but for some reason it started working today, so just run with it :D

[quote name='Squarehard']But it applies the discount XD. Technically its not suppose to be live until tomorrow anyways, but for some reason it started working today, so just run with it :D[/QUOTE]

It doesn't for me....

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:B2G1FREE - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser Value Free. May not be combined with other offers. Offer expires 7/19/09 at 11:59PM.

any of you got it working ???

[quote name='Squarehard']But it applies the discount XD. Technically its not suppose to be live until tomorrow anyways, but for some reason it started working today, so just run with it :D[/QUOTE]

Can't apply it, with or without SAVER. Doesn't work for me right now. Anyone else?

i just finished placing an order not 10 minutes ago and got it to work , looking at the order placed on the site and it still shows one of the games as 0.00.

though i did get that SAVER error message when i was placing the order , the system still let me use the B2G1FREE coupon for the promo. guess i got lucky?

thanks again for the heads up on the sale OP and friends of OP! :D

Finally figured out what I'm picking up tomorrow
Assassin's Creed 2(picked up today, doing a return/rebuy tomorrow)
Batman AA
Hopefully L4D2 or New Mario, otherwise ?????

Oblivion GOTY
Ghostbusters
Bourne Conspiracy

Mirror's Edge
Sonic UGC
Prince of Persia

Total-~$180 in store credit :)
Should give me a good $20 or $30 left over in store credit. To buy 3 more CHEAP games? Or put it towards Mass Effect 2 CE?

Anyone order used games from GS online recently? Were the case and manual in decent condition? Unfortunately, I'm a bit picky about these things. :cry:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Imma go for:

Dragon Quest IV DS $15

Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection 360 $18

And somethin' else.[/QUOTE]

Wow! DQ IV is only $15? Wish I didn't already have it T___T

Is there a good way to search for used DS titles anymore? All the games I want are only listed as new. I know there are some stores near me with some used copies.

[quote name='Razhera']Anyone order used games from GS online recently? Were the case and manual in decent condition? Unfortunately, I'm a bit picky about these things. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I recently ordered Red Faction: Guerrilla for Xbox 360 from GameStop.com and will never order from them again.

The manual and paper insert were there, but they were in a generic black DVD case. Also, the disc had a scratch along the very outer part of the data (about a quarter circle around the disc, obviously scratched mid-spin). As a result, it did not load. I was able to swap the disc at a nearby GameStop store though.

I may have saved about $10 off the in-store price going this route (using CAG16 + Edge discount + SAVER) but not getting a "real" green Xbox 360 case and having to exchange discs leaves me never wanting to deal with buying from GameStop.com again.

Shipping was very fast though, two days to get from Texas to Las Vegas.

[quote name='Dissolve']I recently ordered Red Faction: Guerrilla for Xbox 360 from GameStop.com and will never order from them again.

The manual and paper insert were there, but they were in a generic black DVD case. Also, the disc had a scratch along the very outer part of the data (about a quarter circle around the disc, obviously scratched mid-spin). As a result, it did not load. I was able to swap the disc at a nearby GameStop store though.

I may have saved about $10 off the in-store price going this route (using CAG16 + Edge discount + SAVER) but not getting a "real" green Xbox 360 case and having to exchange discs leaves me never wanting to deal with buying from GameStop.com again.

Shipping was very fast though, two days to get from Texas to Las Vegas.[/QUOTE]

I thought GS came up with a big recent promo (CAG was giving away GS gift cards as prizes) where they said their used games are guaranteed to work, come complete with case, manual, etc.? Looks like it's still not the case?

It's safe to say they're not testing the discs, probably just looking at them (as this one looked great). You had to really look closely to see the scratch. And it's not my Xbox's drive because it's a very new Jasper-chipset unit that has had zero problems with any other games.

And the fact that they think a generic black DVD case "counts" as a case is false advertising in my opinion.

bread's done
Back