Gamestop B2G1 officiallly starts on 11/25 - Dead

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx
Code for online: B2G1FREE

Active Now!

Got confirmation at all 3 immediate stores around me. They will be starting it on Wednesday 11/25/09 all day (none of that 7pm crap) and then it will continue through until Sunday closing as usual. Huzzah! Don't need to crowd in with crazy black friday shoppers!

Edit: Added in that it may start on 11/25 since its apparent there is no way to confirm besides just my word and the managers at the 3 stores I have talked to, this and people are bitching and whining too much, so just going to go with this for now.

[quote name='denos-games']i am a manager at a gamestop and i can confirm to everyone the sale is going on for 3 days friday, saturday, and sunday and we are closed on thursday (Thanksgiving)
There was some confusion on if we want to start it on wednesday but decided not to
Any other questions just ask
and as far as the blackfriday ad goes for new releases that are on sale for 39.99 the used prices will stay the same

Happy holidays[/QUOTE]

Noted

Edit: Confirmed and with link (thanks to DJP519),

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

And to the Gamestop "manager" above (and a special dedication to kidu),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mi.glenn']Sorry, but that is a dumb ass idea. Why not just buy Infamous and not bother with the other two? You'd definitely save some cash and, well... spending $90 just to keep one game is just weird.[/QUOTE]

He wants to keep the free game.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']Question:

Say I buy:

Infamous - 35
Killzone 2 - 40
Little Big Planet - 50

Would I be able to stop by the store a few days later, without a receipt, and return KIllzone 2 and LBP for some sort of credit, while keeping Infamous?[/QUOTE]

NO! YOU CAN'T! GameStop is not stupid and they won't let you keep a game for free.

I get so tired of that talk in these threads every time the deals come along.

[quote name='advanced']He wants to keep the free game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but without a receipt? Gamestop isn't going to give him enough credit to match the $90 he shelled out to get Infamous. He would be losing money in the process and it would still be smarter to just use an Edge card to buy the game with.

Man, are you trolling or something?

You're going to spend $50 for LBP and $40 for Killzone 2, then try to trade them in without a receipt? According to the list on CAG, you'd get $12.25 for Killzone 2 and $10.25 for LBP... all to get a game that is $35 by itself.

He's even dumber than that. He thinks GS is going to give him the full price for his return without a receipt. He wears the term newbie well.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']I'm not trading them in, I'm returning them without a receipt.

I don't want full cash back from the return, just credit, which is totally acceptable![/QUOTE]

Gamestop will not take any used game back without a receipt. Therefore your idea wouldn't work.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']I'm not trading them in, I'm returning them without a receipt.

I don't want full cash back from the return, just credit, which is totally acceptable![/QUOTE]

return fraud

GameStop will take back your games - only as a trade. It's still cheaper to just buy the game you want free. Of course, you can try it out for 7 days, and bring it back for full value...with your receipt.

$210 credit and $10 cash later...

Episodes of Liberty City (360)
Skate 2 (360)
Fallout 3 (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)
Borderlands (360)
The Beatles: Rock Band (PS3)
Guitar Hero 5 (PS3)

If you add it all up, it comes to $270, but one of the employees made a mistake on one of the purchases that benefitted me of $50, and I wasn't about to complain.

Use your brains. What store would actually do that? Oh and your a fraud. You know its absolutely wrong yet still want to do it.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']But wouldn't I just be a regular customer who just bought 2 used games and wishes to get at least store credit.[/QUOTE]

gamestop says plainly on their return policy that all returns MUST be with receipt. read their policy, which is everywhere, before you start proposing dumbass ideas and actually defend it.

[quote name='FriscoDude']Just bought a PS3; I was thinking about buying Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Resistance 2. I think Motorstorm is $35 and Resistance 2 $30; so any ideas for the free game? Also; should I just get the first Motorstorm for $10 used instead?[/QUOTE]
killzone 2..

Has anyone noticed some decent flips? Cause I have 3 games I want to trade in,but I would like to trade in 3 more to get the full 50% bonus. I could get 3 really old sport games but it would be nice to make a little bit of money.

Can I exchange the free game for something else? I bought NBA 2k10, and its awful, so I just want to get something else. Do I need to bring all three games, or just that one and the receipt?

You're a genius :applause:. You must be the first person to have ever thought about this. Maybe next time I can even bring my own games that I am tired of playing and bring them into the store and tell them that they were "used" which is why they were opened and get my money back even though I bought them 6 months ago. OMG! THIS SAVES ME SO MUCH MONEY! THANK YOU! YOU SAVED MY CHRISTMAS!
This statement is made purely for entertainment purposes. To any viewers taking any of what I said seriously, go die in a fire.

[quote name='jza1218']Can I exchange the free game for something else? I bought NBA 2k10, and its awful, so I just want to get something else. Do I need to bring all three games, or just that one and the receipt?[/QUOTE]

Some stores will be nice about it, but the majority of the stores want you to bring all of the games in that B2G1 in order to do the exchange since they would have to return all the games then rering them up anyways, so technically they could want you to have all the games. Just to be safe I say bring them.

Picked at 2 sets of 3, all 360

Call of Duty:WaW
Prototype
Balzblue
Total: $81.07 (paid with credit)

Crash: Mind over Mutant
Secret Service: Ultimate Sacrifice
Rappala Tournament Fishing
Total: $38.14 (paid in credit)

Still got $74.68 credit left.

I ended up finding today:

(360)-AC2
(360)-DA:O
(PS3)-Demon Souls

I wanted to get something other than Demon Souls but that was the only other $54.99 game that seemed worth it.

I'm debating on going to buy these:

Uncharted 2 PS3
Borderlands Xbox 360
Infamous PS3

But since I bought the MW2 Xbox 360 Bundle and how much I play MW2 I wouldn't spend much time playing these so I'm hesitant to buy them now. I guess I could wait a little while longer to get these cheaper or wait for a deal on them new around the price I want to spend.

^ Buy them and return them a week later you regret it.

Managed to Swap Borderlands for Modern Warfare 2

So in total I got
Nba 2k10
COD MW2
Left 4 dead 2

^_^

Eh, I know it was rather pointless to go in with cash since I have most of the older games i want. Ending up walking out; even with the b2g1 deal, it is hard to justify spending more for used copies than you can find new copies (Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, etc).

I diverted funds to the new games during Amazon's BF week instead of recklessly buying too many non priority used games to make B2G1F worth it. Only got 3 games out of this deal, best one being the LE BlazBlue. Might as well get the extras for the same price.

Here's to hoping another B2G1 pops up within a year before my Edge card expires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a few games:
:ps2: ICO (complete) - $29.99
:ps2: Persona 4 (complete w/ OST)- $26.99
:ps2: Suikoden V (complete but case insert is ripped) - Free
Total (after EDGE): $52.05

:ps3: Riddick (complete) - $26.99
:ps2: Eternal Poison (complete w/ OST) - $22.99
:ps2: Xenosaga III (complete) - Free
Total (after EDGE): $50.64

I honestly couldn't find anything else... half that stuff, I'm probably just going to get rid of. There was a complete BlazBlue LE but it was $44.99 and I couldn't find anything in that range to make it worthwhile.

[quote name='TheDeathDealer']Question:

Say I buy:

Infamous - 35
Killzone 2 - 40
Little Big Planet - 50

Would I be able to stop by the store a few days later, without a receipt, and return KIllzone 2 and LBP for some sort of credit, while keeping Infamous?[/QUOTE]
Nope. They'd tell you to GTFO, and rightfully so.

I think I'm gonna cut my self off from purchasing anymore. I picked up Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles earlier in the week..

I can't wait for the next sale, though. I'll probably be aiming to pick up:

DMC 3 Special Edition

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet: Dead Locked
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

Demon's Souls
Assassin's Creed 2

Jak & Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3

Metal Gear Solid 4 (and pick up MGS Essential Collection off Amazon.)

i'm really on the fence as the sale winds down. Almost bought, but left the store with nothing:
Gears 2: 29.99
Infamous: 34.99
Resistance 2: 29.99

That would make the total $65 + 5ish in tax = 23.33 each
or could do Killzone 2 instead of Gears, bringing total to nearly $30 apiece.
just got the PS3 bundle so i have those games plus a ton of games i got at various other sales, so these likely will sit around for a while before i play them. But if these are as cheap as they are going to go (or they aren't going to come out with 'Game of the Year' versions) then i might as well pick them up now. Any GotY rumors about any of these (except Gears, which i know already has one)

Ended up exchanging Batman:AA and L4D2 for COD:MW2 and DA:O. I was lucky to find both games at the same GS. I plan to return the new copy of DA:O that I recently bought ($55.xx in credit) and will buy Batman:AA whenever we get the next 360 coupon.

[quote name='pasolini']i'm really on the fence as the sale winds down. Almost bought, but left the store with nothing:

just got the PS3 bundle so i have those games plus a ton of games i got at various other sales, so these likely will sit around for a while before i play them. But if these are as cheap as they are going to go (or they aren't going to come out with 'Game of the Year' versions) then i might as well pick them up now. Any GotY rumors about any of these (except Gears, which i know already has one)[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. You should be pretty safe to purchase these.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Eh, I know it was rather pointless to go in with cash since I have most of the older games i want. Ending up walking out; even with the b2g1 deal, it is hard to justify spending more for used copies than you can find new copies (Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, etc).[/QUOTE]

Where can I get a new copy of Demon's Souls for $33? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='pasolini']i'm really on the fence as the sale winds down. Almost bought, but left the store with nothing:

just got the PS3 bundle so i have those games plus a ton of games i got at various other sales, so these likely will sit around for a while before i play them. But if these are as cheap as they are going to go (or they aren't going to come out with 'Game of the Year' versions) then i might as well pick them up now. Any GotY rumors about any of these (except Gears, which i know already has one)[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better.

Gears 2 was $26.99 reg then $19.99/ $17.99 w edge for Deal of the Week.

Will there be any Deals of the Week for this week?

I picked up:

Battlefield Bad Company - $17.99
Prince of Persia - $17.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Free
Need For Speed ProStreet - Free
Mirror's Edge - 17.99
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway - 17.99

For $80.80

Pretty good sale but it would have been better if Gamestop's used prices weren't so close to the new prices.

I picked up 9 in this sale but I'm regretting the last 3.

Batman PS3, Ultimate Alliance 2 PS3 and Dragon Rising PS3.

Not so much Batman, but the other two...so I have a quick question, and I apologize if this has been answered before.

How does this deal work with the 7-day return? Can I just return one or do I have to return all 3?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I picked up 9 in this sale but I'm regretting the last 3.

Batman PS3, Ultimate Alliance 2 PS3 and Dragon Rising PS3.

Not so much Batman, but the other two...so I have a quick question, and I apologize if this has been answered before.

How does this deal work with the 7-day return? Can I just return one or do I have to return all 3?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, they reduce the value to like 33 bucks and let you return.

[quote name='bgame2']In my experience, they reduce the value to like 33 bucks and let you return.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, if that's the case I might just return all 3, hopefully for full value. Otherwise I'll keep Batman and Ultimate Alliance 2 and take what I can get for Dragon Rising. Unless they let me exchange for full value and not return.

went out to visit friends on the other side of the state and ended up walking into gamestop and dropping more money.

picked up Harvest moon tree of tranquility, star ocean second evolution, and disgaea 2 for psp. i want to find a copy of the first disgaea game and swap them.

not bad though with my pickus from friday the 6 games come out to 12 bucks each. not bad.

how fucking gay tried to put a order in and b2g1 is not working and its not even 1159 next time they need to at least specify what fucking time zone theyre going by cause i sure as hell didnt see anything on the ad

so basically. i unintentionally got a great deal.. bought madden 10, assassins creed 2 and uncharted 2... then i went on black friday to exchange madden 10 for motorstorm pacific rift.. thinking that they'd have to rering all three games up again i brought them all.. he just put madden 10 on a seperate reciept and gave me motorstorm and $10 cash.. i then played motorstorm realized it was a bit repetitive, went to return it today.. gave them my receipt and then the guy asked if i wanted to get cash or a gift card. so i naturally said cash.. cuz um, if the option is available, why not?...

so i got assassins creed and uncharted 2 for $108-53... :D

[quote name='bgame2']In my experience, they reduce the value to like 33 bucks and let you return.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Thanks, if that's the case I might just return all 3, hopefully for full value. Otherwise I'll keep Batman and Ultimate Alliance 2 and take what I can get for Dragon Rising. Unless they let me exchange for full value and not return.[/QUOTE]

^ YMMV. In my experience, you will need to return all 3 games (see below).

[quote name='japaki']so basically. i unintentionally got a great deal.. bought madden 10, assassins creed 2 and uncharted 2... then i went on black friday to exchange madden 10 for motorstorm pacific rift.. thinking that they'd have to rering all three games up again i brought them all.. he just put madden 10 on a seperate reciept and gave me motorstorm and $10 cash.. i then played motorstorm realized it was a bit repetitive, went to return it today.. gave them my receipt and then the guy asked if i wanted to get cash or a gift card. so i naturally said cash.. cuz um, if the option is available, why not?...

so i got assassins creed and uncharted 2 for $108-53... :D[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen to me, too. This is just a case of a lazy employee. Instead of returning all 3 games and then ringing them up again, they'll exchange 1 for 1. You were lucky and nobody should expect this to happen everytime. It's extremely YMMV.

yeah, either way, you can't beat two recently released games for $50. :D well.. you can.. when best buy had their b2g1.. i was def. able to beat it if you know what i mean.

So I tried to pick up AC 2 and MW 2 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with no luck. Pretty much a wash for gamestop this year for me, though my shopping online went very well.

[quote name='japaki']yeah, either way, you can't beat two recently released games for $50. :D well.. you can.. when best buy had their b2g1.. i was def. able to beat it if you know what i mean.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, we always find a way.

bread's done
Back