GameStop B2G2 GameCube Games & Accs

The phase-out begins. I really hate how they do these buy 2 get 2 free deals. Good luck finding four good games that are in good condition and roughly the same price at the same store. Wish they would just jump to 25% off, 50% off, 75% off ect.

[quote name='Purkeynator']The phase-out begins. I really hate how they do these buy 2 get 2 free deals. Good luck finding four good games that are in good condition and roughly the same price at the same store. Wish they would just jump to 25% off, 50% off, 75% off ect.[/QUOTE]

this.

and I'm not risking ordering last gen games from gamestop.com again, last time I got all disk only in generic gamestop cases and the discs were all scuffed up.

It's been B2G1 most recently at all my stores. And you're right-- trying to find 4 games/accs is going to be a challenge. Would've definitely appreciated a % off deal too!

[quote name='Scorch']Hasn't the B2G2 on Gamecube games been running (in-store) for almost a year?[/QUOTE]

No, the latest has been B2G1F for the past month or so. The last B2G2 was last year sometime and included GBA and PS2. I was able to pick up a bunch of mint GC stuff. This time around, I don't think the selection is going to be that great since I scoured the area last year for GC titles.

Figures. Let's clear out the old games AND make a cash grab. Still, some decent titles for GC if you can find them. Eternal Darkness for one. The Resident Evil series. Chaos Field if you like 2D shooters (Ikaruga too but you'll never find it in a GS). Let's see, what else?

My old PS2 is broken and the controller is dirty and such but my Gamecube is in perfect condition. Know why? I didn't use it lol.. But I do want to buy that Hulk game for gamecube. You know the awesome one.

[quote name='morrodox']Figures. Let's clear out the old games AND make a cash grab. Still, some decent titles for GC if you can find them. Eternal Darkness for one. The Resident Evil series. Chaos Field if you like 2D shooters (Ikaruga too but you'll never find it in a GS). Let's see, what else?[/QUOTE]

You know, I found a complete copy of Ikaruga at a local Gamestop a few months ago, but it looked like someone had explosive diarrhea and used the manual as toilet paper - thus I walked out empty-handed.

Odd to see them raise the price on a couple of the first party games, too, but luckily I've had those for a long, long time already. I'm beginning to suspect, however, that Gamestop decided to scatter all of the more expensive (and more wanted) games to all of the stores in the area. I simply can't find four games I want at the same location - not even if I pair expensive ones with cheap ones. Sneaky bastards.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Lol they jacked up the prices on a bunch of the good games too... SSBM was $14.99 now $24.99 same with Super Mario Sunshine[/QUOTE]

Or they are following Ebay prices. People, on ebay, are seriously spending over $20 for a plethora of Mario titles (which I would imagine were made in abundance and are in no way of low supply). When someone buys Super Mario Sunshine and pays as much as I did for my Gamecube (bought off of ebay), with controller and memory card, I find that I die a little on the inside.

And the prices for many Mario titles, such as Super Mario Sunshine, has been that price for awhile. These prices were not jacked up for this sale, but have been there for at the very least a month.

[quote name='morrodox']Figures. Let's clear out the old games AND make a cash grab. Still, some decent titles for GC if you can find them. Eternal Darkness for one. The Resident Evil series. Chaos Field if you like 2D shooters (Ikaruga too but you'll never find it in a GS). Let's see, what else?[/QUOTE]

I've still got Ikaruga and a few copies of Pikmin 2 at my GS. Nobody touches them because they were priced at $30 last time I checked, and with that money you can get 3-4 good 360/PS3 games at regular price now. I was waiting for another B2G2, so I might go there tomorrow and get them. :)

[quote name='Purkeynator']The phase-out begins. I really hate how they do these buy 2 get 2 free deals. Good luck finding four good games that are in good condition and roughly the same price at the same store. Wish they would just jump to 25% off, 50% off, 75% off ect.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why last Christmas when they had the one day 50% off Gamecube games I went to every single Gamestop in the area to pick up what I wanted because I knew that by the time they ran 50 or 75% off again they'd be wiped out from running buy 2get1 or 2 for months on end.

Man, GS should have started the B2G2 on gamecube games when they stopped accepting GC trade ins (which was like 2 months ago!) Good luck getting 4 good games to go with this deal. fail!

[quote name='seanmcc']Any word on whether this is good in-store also?[/QUOTE]

Just got back, yes this is good in store. However, as many have mentioned good luck finding 4 complete titles. I had checked and they had 8 titles I was interested in, and 2 of the 8 had cases/artwork. The section was very very bare. But it wasn't a total loss, left with a mint white pspgo for $63 after PUR. :D

Really no point in getting Chaos Field for the Gamecube when you can get the Wii Ultimate Shooting Collection for 10 bucks. Has Chaos Field and two other shmups on it.

[quote name='superhippy1986']But I do want to buy that Hulk game for gamecube. You know the awesome one.[/QUOTE]

Same game is on Xbox and PS2....just saying, if you had an xbox to play it on instead, it would probably be better.

[quote name='Scorch']Hasn't the B2G2 on Gamecube games been running (in-store) for almost a year?[/QUOTE]

Yup, and it's not working one bit...at least where I live. Who the hell is going "man, I could really use FOUR gamecube games" lol

B1G2 or B1G1 would make sense. Alas, this IS gamestop we're talking about here

I am looking for cheap .99 games for the B2G2 and +30% tradein promo and finding nada. I finally think I know why the GC games are so expensive. Way to many shovelware on the Wii and GC games can still be played on it. GC games are filling the software void on the Wii and that is why they are still in decent demand. Nintendo screws us again, damn you Nintendo, damn you.

I never played Gamecube so I missed out on quite a bit, but I've found the same thing - getting complete copies of more than maybe 2 decent games in one place is super hard, and I don't know that buying 2 others and returning them to another store in exchange is worth the effort.

Hmm definetly checking them later today if it's instore as well. I know one gamestop in my area still carries GameCube games and a bunch of them too. Last time I was there they had every resident evil zero to 4, a couple Zelda, and Mario party games.

This'll give me a good excuse to miss out on the GameCube classics I missed.

I bought a GC strictly for Smash Bros when they were $99. Still haven't even played Mario Sunshine yet.

picked up a few games for my son and I.

1080 Avalanche
Teen Titans
Animal Crossing
Monster Inc Arena

11 dollars and some change going to make sure we do not have Mario Sunshine at home (I think we do not ) then pick that up with some others.

Anyone recommend any "obscure" titles. We have Ikaruga/Legend of Arcadia/Cubivore/Tales of Symphonia/ Eternal Darkness currently.

Not sure if this is decent or not, but I'm really trying to build up my Gamecube collection with this sale. I have so many PS2/Xbox games, but not enough Gamecube. If you think this sucks for the price, let me know haha. For $78, I got -

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Batman Begins
Battalion Wars
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario mix
F-Zero GX
Luigi's Mansion
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Rampage Total Destruction
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Soul Calibur II
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Superman Shadow of Apokolips
And Gamecube/N64 composite cables

All the games had cover art and more than 3/4 of them have the instruction booklet as well. So, does $78 seem crappy?

Seems like a good collection. Mario Mix alone used to go for a lot money. I think the value of it came down a lot after awhile.

Is this a good system? I never had one and almost picked one up at a yard sale this weekend. What are the best games?

I discovered a Gamestop that still has Gamecube games (actually a lot the stores within a certain mile radius transferred their Gamecube stuff over). Walked out with 2 GC controllers, Kirby Air Ride complete (with effing Blockbuster stickers), and Luigi's Mansion disc only.

Did another thing of (all disc only)

True Crime NYC
True Crime LA
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Zatch Bell! Momodo Battle

Metroid Prime 1 WITH Echoes Bonus Disc
Disney Sports Skateboarding
Evolution Worlds
Billy the Hatcher

I have a lot of disc testing to do to make sure these actually work lol. Also, you can guys can buy 4 Games/Accessories in different stores, then take them a single store to do a 4x return and 4x buyback but pay for only 2 of them.

One game to look out for too is Gotcha Force. I haven't seen it in forever, but its kind of a hidden gem on the system.

[quote name='Gosha']One game to look out for too is Gotcha Force. I haven't seen it in forever, but its kind of a hidden gem on the system.[/QUOTE]

80 miles to the closest place with it X_X

[quote name='nixmahn']I am looking for cheap .99 games for the B2G2 and +30% tradein promo and finding nada. I finally think I know why the GC games are so expensive. Way to many shovelware on the Wii and GC games can still be played on it. GC games are filling the software void on the Wii and that is why they are still in decent demand. Nintendo screws us again, damn you Nintendo, damn you.[/QUOTE]
Agreed but since December wiis are no longer gc compatible which if nothing else would piss me off just for not having the controller ports anymore. I picked up a wireless gc controller at bb last year and I way prefer it over classic controller. Only Gc games I still own are Windwaker the two Zelda collector discs and F zero.

[quote name='bjstucker']picked up a few games for my son and I.

1080 Avalanche
Teen Titans
Animal Crossing
Monster Inc Arena

11 dollars and some change going to make sure we do not have Mario Sunshine at home (I think we do not ) then pick that up with some others.

Anyone recommend any "obscure" titles. We have Ikaruga/Legend of Arcadia/Cubivore/Tales of Symphonia/ Eternal Darkness currently.[/QUOTE]

Ikaruga is a great game.

This does nothing to motivate me. I used B2G1 for all the games I wanted and was able to find complete. % drops plz, GS.

I just have a question, say I bought 4 games and one of them doesn't work. How would that return go in store? Would I have to return all four games?

Not sure if you guys know, I saw a lot of mentions about not being able to find 4 games worth getting and that they were spread between different stores. Gamestop has a sweet little policy that allows you to buy a game somewhere, return and exchange it at another store. A store manager told me I could do a B2G1 at her store, then take my free game to another local store and exchange it for one I wanted. Sure this will work on the GC games as well. Happy hunting to those still looking. I gave up on their jacked up prices and proceeded to begin my GC collection at local mom and pop stores.

Darn you store in Kingman, AZ. Pretty much has nearly every GC game I want in stock, but it's 90 miles away.

Slim pickings, but looks like I'll be picking up Soul Calibur II, Pikmin, Billy the Hatcher and Pokemon XD. Thanks for the suggestions, it really made it a lot easier to filter through.

Man I'm really trying to find a tale of symphonia and megaman x collections and zelda windwaker, all complete in box and I'm happy with my GameCube collection. Just picked ups Zelda collection (4 games) with everything for 15$ off of Craigslist :)

Now if only they carry snes and n64 games I'll be a happy gamer. Any bay area gamers here that collect retro games that wanna share some good spots?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Same game is on Xbox and PS2....just saying, if you had an xbox to play it on instead, it would probably be better.[/QUOTE]

Ps2 broke... Never owned an Xbox.

[quote name='Gosha']You're probably better off just getting the 360 XBLA release of Ikaruga if you have a 360...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Ikaruga/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410878

Gamestop has Ikaruga itself for Gamecube at $20, but you could just buy it digitally for 800 points ($10) and it'll play a lot better on an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Some people, like myself, prefer physical copies of the game over digital rights to a title. The HD upgrade on the xbox is nice, but I'd rather have the game playable on any GC/wii compatible console and pay the $20 premium. If you can find 3 other titles, this is essentially getting ikaruga for $10, which is the same as the digital copy on the 360. Resale value of this game (should you consider it) will net you something. You can't trade in your digital "rights" for anything.

Having said that... get this game, it's damn good if you're a shmups fan!

bread's done
Back