GameStop Banned Me Forever!

my guess is, if this guy is as much of a tool as im assuming he is, he'll keep tabs on your account no matter where you shop, so to be safe i would renew your account when you can under a diff name, to be funny you should use his name so when you sell multiple copies of games back to him maybe hell have a coronary HA anyways, just protect yourself and fly under this guys radar.

[quote name='phear3d']yeah, threats are a no no when you run a business. the problem with gamestop and its employees is that if they do their numbers and does them well, its going to be tough to fire them. if they talk like that to you then it means there will be no action taken from corporate. theres never any harm in trying though :)

i would take some steps by contacting the BBB (better business bureau). after that you might want to set your phone to record incoming calls from him. if he does it again, report the company to the federal trade commission.[/quote]

see the only thing is...he caller ID blocked his call to me. I answered the phone to him angrily saying "Can I speak to Bryan Gram?!" To which i just said..uhh..(*thinkin* i don't know who the hell you are since you're calling from an blocked #) sorry he's busy at the moment. That was when he erupted saying "NOOOOO YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" So it'd be hard to automatically record calls from his # unfortunately.

Thanks for the links phear3d. But what exactly would i say to BBB? Explain to them what the DM said to me? or just explain how it happened from square 1?

[quote name='animemaniac14']see the only thing is...he caller ID blocked his call to me. I answered the phone to him angrily saying "Can I speak to Bryan Gram?!" To which i just said..uhh..(*thinkin* i don't know who the hell you are since you're calling from an blocked #) sorry he's busy at the moment. That was when he erupted saying "NOOOOO YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" So it'd be hard to automatically record calls from his # unfortunately.

Thanks for the links phear3d. But what exactly would i say to BBB? Explain to them what the DM said to me? or just explain how it happened from square 1?[/quote]
Just spend your credit on a random gs and if you are told to leave,just leave.I don't see what's so complicated about that. In the BBB,put whatever you think you should put.Are you even thinking?There are rules for a reason. If the handbook said that you could trade in multiply copies of a game with proof that you bought them,then you would be ok but I'm guessing it doesn't so just ignore the bastard and spend your credit.

I think some of you guys/gals are kind of confused about the whole EDGE card/credit thing. The only thing that links purchases to your name is the little tag with the barcode that is stickered onto the back of your card; you don't have any credit on 'your' actual account per se, it is just value stored on that particular EDGE card (just like a gift card).

To break it down simply, your EDGE discount card, is just a normal gift card, with a sticker on it that has your account information. If you want to make an 'untraceable' purchase, just peel that sticker off and put it on another EDGE card.

It's the actual credit card-style strip on the card that carries the value, not the barcode with your account info.

[quote name='DX']Go to which ever store you want. The ass has no power to do shit.

Call his bluff.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='svt1029']btw if they call the cops on you for tresspassing the cops will laugh and maybe ask you to leave the store, best case scenario for you is to catch this DM in a store and do somehting like trade in games infront of him, hope he touchs you, sue BIG TIME and live happily ever after, people are such tools about nothing, no reason to get upset on something like videogames when theres such more important things in life[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to these 2 fools. The DM CAN call the cops on you and the cops will write you down and ask you to leave. If you ever step in there again, they CAN arrest you.

[quote name='sgaldis']I think some of you guys/gals are kind of confused about the whole EDGE card/credit thing. The only thing that links purchases to your name is the little tag with the barcode that is stickered onto the back of your card; you don't have any credit on 'your' actual account per se, it is just value stored on that particular EDGE card (just like a gift card).

To break it down simply, your EDGE discount card, is just a normal gift card, with a sticker on it that has your account information. If you want to make an 'untraceable' purchase, just peel that sticker off and put it on another EDGE card.

It's the actual credit card-style strip on the card that carries the value, not the barcode with your account info.[/quote]

But they can see from past purchases where you have used the EDGE and credit, and it's not that hard to know that when the credit has been used, which EDGE it was linked to. I don't know how detailed their records are, but if they can pull up a history of transactions on a gift card, it wouldn't be impossible for them to flag and track the credit part of it. I know Sam's Club has a pretty good tracking system, where they can pull up any receipt you have, definitely within the last year, just off your membership number, at any location. GS probably doesn't have the resources that Walmart does, but it's not impossible for the DM to say, here's this guy, here's the phone number, here's the EDGE card number, here's the number of gift cards he's used (linked to the magnetic strip), if any pop up, let me know. I'll make another post to give some advice.

If you ever have to talk to him again, I'd not say anything that admits guilt. Like when you said this [quote name='animemaniac14']"ME: I mean, yes I was trading in multiple copies of the same games, but they were all legitimately bought and I can provide a receipt for them." [/quote] I don't think the issue is that they weren't bought legitimately, it's that multiples were traded in when they let you know that was not acceptable. Don't hang yourself or make it any easier for them. I doubt they'd listen to anything reasonable, so don't help their case on top of that.

[quote name='animemaniac14']"I can honestly say i've returned a couple of the games i've gotten from this promo so i could take full advantage of the extra $5-$10 trade-in credit you get." [/quote] Won't fault you for this, you have a legitimate beef with them, take advantage of their loopholes.

[quote name='animemaniac14']"He tells me if I ever step foot inside another GS again he'll call the police." [/quote] Can't see him doing this, unless he knows you're in the store. Unless every store has a description/picture, you're just another customer. And if he wants to call the police, tell the DM you were gonna pick up something with cash, check or credit card. I wouldn't be too worried by this threat b/c he's given conflicting info, that you can still shop there.

[quote name='animemaniac14']""If you want to use your credit, fine! You contact the store you want to use your credit at, and they'll contact me, and I'll come down there and you can use ALL YOUR CREDIT at that store. But after that, I don't want you steppin foot inside another GS" Yet..he's only in his office once a week?!.. [/quote] How much credit do you have to spend? It doesn't matter if he's in the office, he can be contacted via cell and show up at that store. I'm reading as he wants you to spend it all at once. If that's not the case, I'd pick out a store that has decent inventory, and just use it all there. Maybe you can use "ALL YOUR CREDIT at that store." over a period of time.

[quote name='animemaniac14'] So ye...im officially scared...and im probably leaving out some stuff simply cuz i've never been called a crook like this before, so im honestly pretty shaken up. I didn't realize i've broken some City Ordinance Law where I live..or even that there WAS laws against what i was doing? [/quote]

I wouldn't be too scared. There's no City Ordinance Law or any laws you broke except for Gamestop laws. If you're wanting to get physically thrown out by him, here's what I recommend. Make sure you have plenty of time to kill. Show up at the store, like he wants, and he'll show up too. Since he's a DM, he can't spend all day waiting for you, so make him spend all day waiting for you. Browse all day, occasionally picking out stuff you want to get. Ask him a lot of dumb annoying questions about games, he probably won't know any answers anyway. Make him regret that he showed up. Make sure to keep your composure though. Not gonna condone this, but just putting it out there. Ask for a gift receipt, return the stuff to another store later for cash. Apparently it can be done.

I'm surprised he fired you without telling you. But, you violated their rules multiple times. The only legal action is if he can prove you are indeed running a scam. What that scam is since you have receipts is beyond me. Every game legally purchased, and therefore legally tradable. If they won't let you trade multi copies that's their buisness, but not much of a scam. No real loss to them. They'd pay 5 people for 1 game each, same game. They paid you for 5 same games. Same money. He's just trying to scare you with legal action. He'd need proof you cost them money to have any judge even care.

bets bet,s ell your stuff to others, use the money to buy games elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure they could track you if they wanted but no one is going to spend the effort on it.

As far as calling the police on you i'm pretty sure you can't be arrested for trespassing in a public store open to the public unless they ask you to leave and you refuse which would then constitute trespassing. No cop in the world would arrest you for that though.

Your best bet is to call corporate, raise a fuss. I'd also file a report thru the BB, leave the DM's name, heck if you want to get even dirtier send an email to local news channel. Ones here do stories all the time on people in similiar situations being bullied by corporate stores.

As soon as you raise some fuss gamestop will want to drop the whole thing and pretend it never happened.

Also as others have said you cannot get in trouble from the police for trading in multiple games. They have to be able to prove without reasonable doubt the games were stolen or illegally obtained which they have no way of doing.

On a side note i'd also review your employment contract if you have it. Sometimes they have it written down that for certain violations you must be notified in writing before any firing's can occur, which would make them liable to a wrongful termination lawsuit.

well according to a very helpful source on here, GS can track even gift cards you use to purchase stuff...can anyone else shed some light on this?

If you are an employee or possibly even a former employee, you signed some legal boiler plate that probably gives them cause for banning you if they so choose. If you use "insider knowledge" to purposefully harm their business in ways you are aware of promised not to do based on your former employment, GS has every right to level legal threats or action.

I suggest trying to defraud your next or current employer much less. This kind of stuff can follow you around. Its not for it for $20 off a game.

Kind of sounds like you deserved it....you took advantage of buying games for cheap and then trading them back in way too many times. You basically abused their promotion and discount system for your benefit multiple times and you are now going to be penalized for it. Personally, if I were the manager/district manager I would've taken the same measures.

Get over it and just use goozex or ebay.

Also, I hope you don't plan on getting a government job or a job that needs clearance in the next 7 years becuase you have to list all of your previous jobs (regardless of how long you worked there or how dumb the job was) for up to 7 years and why you were let go or left. If they put something in your file that you were defrauding the company, say goodbye to that clearance/job.

you can always enlist a girlfriend/family member to do the trade ins under their name if you wish to continue this practice i believe they only noticed you because you worked there if you had never worked there they prob wouldn't have noticed

Dude its trading at Gamestop. You react as if this DM is taking away your ability to breathe. Just don't do business with them. Gamestop rapes you on trades anyway. Find another company to do business with.

[quote name='blackjaw']Kind of sounds like you deserved it....you took advantage of buying games for cheap and then trading them back in way too many times. You basically abused their promotion and discount system for your benefit multiple times and you are now going to be penalized for it. Personally, if I were the manager/district manager I would've taken the same measures.

Also, I hope you don't plan on getting a government job or a job that needs clearance in the next 7 years becuase you have to list all of your previous jobs (regardless of how long you worked there or how dumb the job was) for up to 7 years and why you were let go or left. If they put something in your file that you were defrauding the company, say goodbye to that clearance/job.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about and is just speaking word of mouth without any research, I have government clearance on a military base for my career as an arabic translator, when I was going in college, I worked at best buy, quit and told my manager to ef himself for making me stay late to vaccume the whole store by myself. My fort dx superiors inquired and heard the story, didn't care two rats ass as long as it wasn't something terrible like robbing the store, unless you plan on becoming jason bourne in the next couple years don't let this negative nancy worry you

[quote name='gokou36']Don't listen to these 2 fools. The DM CAN call the cops on you and the cops will write you down and ask you to leave. If you ever step in there again, they CAN arrest you.[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm sure all cops can't wait to remove a kid from a GS, such action a movie should be made about it, cops are not gonna care trust me my entire family is cops, the worst they'll do I s ask you to leave but it sounds like gokou may just be the eb DM considering his sureness of the cops

[quote name='blackjaw']Kind of sounds like you deserved it....you took advantage of buying games for cheap and then trading them back in way too many times. You basically abused their promotion and discount system for your benefit multiple times and you are now going to be penalized for it. Personally, if I were the manager/district manager I would've taken the same measures.

Also, I hope you don't plan on getting a government job or a job that needs clearance in the next 7 years becuase you have to list all of your previous jobs (regardless of how long you worked there or how dumb the job was) for up to 7 years and why you were let go or left. If they put something in your file that you were defrauding the company, say goodbye to that clearance/job.[/quote]

i've already covered the last part of your post man here:

[quote name='animemaniac14']I'm not worried about the "termination with cause" because i already received the Separation Notice and it just says "Temporary Job Ended" next to Reason for Separation. So thats all and good
[/quote]

i actually have tons of credit spread out onto many cards...

im thinkin of callin him and tellin him i gave a bunch of GC's to some relatives (which i could very well have done) and see what he says...cuz it would be a shame if he tries to blame me for someone else using a card i gave them using MY edge card to obtain...

Also, I hope you don't plan on getting a government job or a job that needs clearance in the next 7 years becuase you have to list all of your previous jobs (regardless of how long you worked there or how dumb the job was) for up to 7 years and why you were let go or left. If they put something in your file that you were defrauding the company, say goodbye to that clearance/job.[/quote]

This is the biggest joke i've seen in a long time. Selling a game for more then you paid for it is NOT fraud. It's the basis of a free market economy.

Might as well say gamestop is defrauding us buy buying our games cheap and selling em for more money.

[quote name='Brian9824']This is the biggest joke i've seen in a long time. Selling a game for more then you paid for it is NOT fraud. It's the basis of a free market economy.

Might as well say gamestop is defrauding us buy buying our games cheap and selling em for more money.[/quote]

agreed

[quote name='NJMane']Its all BS really. The only thing they can do is deny you from making purchases. They can take no legal action and are just blowing smoke. There is no state/federal law that says you cant trade multiple games in, thats just a company policy. If he calls again you can sue him for harassment if he really wants to push it. Just because its in an employee handbook means nothing since you no longer are employed at GS.[/QUOTE]

I agree, ju8st do what you usually do. If it so happens that the DM calls you again, tell him to call his buddy at the PD and file a complaint about him for harrasment. He has no business calling you anymore.

[quote name='Ziv']You violated the policy GS has on trading in multiples of the same item. You got caught. Shop somewhere else.[/quote]

I think that's a stupid policy. I can understand if they have a large ammount of a certain game, but if you have two or three copies of a game, it's in good condition, and they can take it, they should. I never buy anything from Gamestop.

In Northeastern Wisconsin, we have a few local chains (Mega Media Xchange, Pre-Played, GB Games) that are fathoms better than dealing with Gamestop. The prices are much more reasonable, they buy video games, DVDs, cds, and some other stuff... Plus, you get just about the same price, but you can get better deals. I can go to any of those places and buy Motorstorm for PS3 for about $7. Some PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games go for $1.99 as well..

I only go to Gamestop if I'm in the mall to browse.

How about just not care and continue what u were doing even if it's in the same stores ... he would of already taken legal action by the sound of it if he could of. If you can't purchase at that store anymore ooo well that's the most that could happen

[quote name='animemaniac14'] "If you want to use your credit, fine! You contact the store you want to use your credit at, and they'll contact me, and I'll come down there and you can use ALL YOUR CREDIT at that store. But after that, I don't want you steppin foot inside another GS" [/quote]
I would spend the credit elsewere, then do this but not show up. Then do it again and give some bs reason why you couldn't make it last time then not show up again.

I have worked at GS for over 5 years, including management and I can say that this is not something he can really do or enforce. I suggest you just travel out of district if that DM is really being that ridiculous about enforcing this. Most of the GS districts are so spread out and in non geographic outlines that this may be very easy for you to do. I have never heard of something like this being turned into such a big deal before.

[quote name='GameBoyee']from all the stores in that district or the store you mentioned[/quote]

thats im still unsure of. I plan on asking him quite a few questions and im going to record everything he says. But for today im going to let it cool off THEN call him and deal with him (plus i've got enough to do today)

You deserve to be banned from all stores that sell games if you are going to be a hoarder. Good riddance.

[quote name='naes']You deserve to be banned from all stores that sell games if you are going to be a hoarder. Good riddance.[/quote]

WTF IS THIS?! HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIGURE IM BEING A HOARDER?!

Reality-sense tingling...

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I call BS on that detective nonsense.[/quote]

[quote name='animemaniac14']WTF IS THIS?! HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIGURE IM BEING A HOARDER?![/quote]
You are buying more than one copy of games.

last time i checked...the definition of "hoarding" according to CAGs is taking EVERY SINGLE GAME IN-STOCK..I HAVE NOT DONE THIS NOR IS THIS OF ANY RELEVANCE TO THE OT!

YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING NEGATIVELY TO THIS THREAD SO GTFO AND GO TROLL SOME OTHER THREAD

[quote name='animemaniac14']last time i checked...the definition of "hoarding" according to CAGs is taking EVERY SINGLE GAME IN-STOCK..I HAVE NOT DONE THIS NOR IS THIS OF ANY RELEVANCE TO THE OT!

YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING NEGATIVELY TO THIS THREAD SO GTFO AND GO TROLL SOME OTHER THREAD[/quote]
I'm not trolling. You are hoarding, you broke store policy, you deserve to be banned from GameStop.

Also, please link me to the CAG definition of hoarding. I'd sure like to see this.

A couple of things:

Just out of curiosity, how many trades and what type of store credit did you actually acquire from these deals?

Second, if I were you, I'd just forgo calling this douchebag back. The longer you keep it on the front burner for him, the more likely he is going to be to keep thinking about it. Any trading/dealing you've done with them after you were let go is no longer subject to whatever rules/guidelines they have in place for employees.

[quote name='animemaniac14']thats im still unsure of. I plan on asking him quite a few questions and im going to record everything he says. But for today im going to let it cool off THEN call him and deal with him (plus i've got enough to do today)[/quote]

Wait, so you do have his number?

I thought you said he had caller ID blocked on his cell. In either case, why would you even bother calling this sad, sad power tripping DM back? Don't waste your time on such morons, he is not going to do a damn thing. Not call the police, not start tracking all of your transactions by magically identifying each and every one of your gift cards/Edge Cards, not install facial recognition software in all of his stores and put out some sort of red fucking flag to alert him when you enter any store, not call his secret detective friend in Rome and have the Swiss Guard of the Vatican sent out in the middle of the night in black helicopters to come and get you, I mean come on dude. Take a chill pill and come back to reality. This guy is a fucking store manager +1, for Christ's sake...repeat after me: HE AIN'T GONNA DO SHIT. All talk, no shock.

This whole story is too funny. What the hell are you so worried about? You're being far too naive and gullible, that fucker is not going to do shit. But if he does happen to call you again, have a recording device ready.

This is all a big whoop-de-doo over nothing. Just go spend your mountains of credit, then get a new Edge card (or three). Continue to exploit their sales and trade-ins as usual. But don't build up too much credit at a time. That's foolish.

[quote name='svt1029']Lol I'm sure all cops can't wait to remove a kid from a GS, such action a movie should be made about it, cops are not gonna care trust me my entire family is cops, the worst they'll do I s ask you to leave but it sounds like gokou may just be the eb DM considering his sureness of the cops[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot, I hate GS/EB with a passion. You're giving this dude bad advice and should stop. Your family must be full of stupid cops. You probably never ran a store before have you? If you're a disturbance to the store, they will ask you to leave. If you still refused to leave, you can bet your ass they will call the cops and get you to leave. If you are still trespassing, they can book you since you've been warned by the cops to never enter there again.

[quote name='gokou36']You're an idiot, I hate GS/EB with a passion. You're giving this dude bad advice and should stop. Your family must be full of stupid cops. You probably never ran a store before have you? If you're a disturbance to the store, they will ask you to leave. If you still refused to leave, you can bet your ass they will call the cops and get you to leave. If you are still trespassing, they can book you since you've been warned by the cops to never enter there again.[/quote]

wait when was did he become a disturbance? let not make things up here and lets not start mud slinging here, id rather not resort to a childish thing like that since youve already started on my family but i can tell you any cop that gets called and drives to a location to discover hes been called there because a kid traded in too many games, is gonna laugh at that, sorry but here in new jersey cops have better things to worry about the video games

and when i did work management at 2 retail stores, cops were always a last resort that it rarely came to because you can not detain someone in the store to be held for the cops not to mention you said "they can book you since you've been warned by the cops to never enter there again." but seeing as he was never once contacted by any law enforcement agency, just a guy who has some power in a game store, hes pretty much safe, so stop trying to cause fear, its not working

[quote name='fsunka']I can't see why they care so much.. they buy back most stuff for next to nothing then put it back up for ridiculous prices. It would be interesting to know the numbers you were dealing with here (like how much you paid/how much they offered for it/how much they resell it for) to see why that guy was having a heart attack. The only time I buy from gamestop anymore is when its buy 2 get 1 free since their prices can't compete with ebay/amazon, and I'm patient enough for shipping.[/quote]
Amen to that! You see, it is as simple as this. They want to be the only rapist in town. It all boils down to their numbers. I learned that last year when a GS opened in my town. I love the employees there. I love the place, but it is all about the numbers with those managers and district managers. If you are threatening their profit in any way, they will do what it takes. I saw the manager at this particular store, tell a kid that he could not have his money back for a preorder that he wanted to cancel. And he was very nasty about it. After I witnessed that, I stopped buying from there. Not long after that incident, he was transferred to another GS. His replacement is awesome. Really nice guy.

Don't worry, if anything you can sue his ass for harrassment! Don't erase the voicemail message.

[quote name='Xiasis']You could always give out his number and have cags spam his phone until it explodes[/quote]

i could do this but i think ill save that as a last resort (if he REALLY decides to blow things WAYY out of proportion)

will have to post again later tonite as im heading back up to hickville

Dude, it's game stop, WHO THE fuck CARES!?!? Seriously to be banned from a video game store is not a death sentence. I would not worry about it, but yea you did fuck up when doing multiple trade in's of the same title. They fucked up by leaving you hanging like that without notice for that long.

[quote name='svt1029']wait when was did he become a disturbance? let not make things up here and lets not start mud slinging here, id rather not resort to a childish thing like that since youve already started on my family but i can tell you any cop that gets called and drives to a location to discover hes been called there because a kid traded in too many games, is gonna laugh at that, sorry but here in new jersey cops have better things to worry about the video games[/QUOTE]

Ok since when did I made things up? He did say that he was BANNED from those stores. You're telling him to go back to the store where that DM works at to cause trouble. Sure the cops don't care if he was just trading games, it doesn't matter. If he was banned for whatever reason, he is banned. That means he's not allowed to set foot in THAT, or wherever the DM works at.

And you're saying the cops won't do anything but ask him to leave which I pointed out. But if he did come back to there again then yes they CAN arrest him, which is what I pointed out to as well. Sure the cops can laugh at it but they still have a job to do and keep ordinance around. You pretty much told me that you don't know the laws and this is like a joke to you. So yeah, don't give bad advice that can get him in trouble.

To the OP, just listen to the others when they say to shop elsewhere or completely stop shopping at GS/EB.

Few things...

1. Don't give out his number to us. Don't/ Just makes you look imature.
2. Spend your credit. Now. Don't wait, spend. Buy a Wii and flip it somewhere else.
3. He can't arrest you for this and he has no contact in Rome. Its a scare tactic. I am guessing you are under the age of 18?
4. If you want to know what stores are not in his region pick up the phone and call some stores 40 miles out. Ask the employee "Who is your DM? I'm not calling on your store, but another one I just had an issue with but I'd rather not speak to them again".
5. I was terminated from Blockbuster for providing CAGs with price reduction sheets. I went back a week later to trade in games and they pulled the whole "your flipping/illegal etc" crap. I told the DM to pound sound and he left me alone.

[quote name='gokou36']Ok since when did I made things up? He did say that he was BANNED from those stores. You're telling him to go back to the store where that DM works at to cause trouble. Sure the cops don't care if he was just trading games, it doesn't matter. If he was banned for whatever reason, he is banned. That means he's not allowed to set foot in THAT, or wherever the DM works at.

And you're saying the cops won't do anything but ask him to leave which I pointed out. But if he did come back to there again then yes they CAN arrest him, which is what I pointed out to as well. Sure the cops can laugh at it but they still have a job to do and keep ordinance around. You pretty much told me that you don't know the laws and this is like a joke to you. So yeah, don't give bad advice that can get him in trouble.

To the OP, just listen to the others when they say to shop elsewhere or completely stop shopping at GS/EB.[/quote]

again making things up, when did I ever tell him to go to the dm's store and cause trouble?

bread's done
Back