Gamestop Billing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

joogle

CAGiversary!
Hi - I think some of you have have experienced this error at Gamestop:

"Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date."

Their customer service is useless in this matter, I've tried multiple credit cards, still does not work, my billing address is the same, and I've ordered from gamestop before.

I can't use my gaming $ coupons nor my Edge card online.

What is the resolution here?

Thanks!

This is the deals section and this is not a deal.

I am confused though, if your having problems with gamestop then why dont you fucking call them yourself? Is it so hard to just pick up a phone and actually speak to a real person anymore?

Not a deal...but I'll humor you.

Have you taken advantage (overly so...) of any deals lately? They may have flagged your account for misuse.

lol - i bought several items last year but nothing that would cause a flag, i read several posts in different threads here with the same situation, no one ever got a resolution.

i guess screw gamestop then.

[quote name='gargus']This is the deals section and this is not a deal.

I am confused though, if your having problems with gamestop then why dont you
fucking call them yourself? Is it so hard to just pick up a phone and actually speak to a real person anymore?
[/QUOTE]

^^

[quote name='gargus']Is it so hard to just pick up a phone and actually speak to a real person anymore?[/QUOTE]

It is if you're calling GameStop. I've called them a number of times in the past, and managed to actually talk to someone one time.

I moved this to the appropriate forum, so the "what system is this for?" jokes can stop ;).

Next time you call Gamestop to figure out WTF is going on with your account, be sure and ask the kind man/lady that answers the phone this one very, very important question:

"Do you have Battletoads for the Wii??"

You must do this with a straight face and not laugh. That is their secret password that lets the customer service rep know they are dealing with a uber l33t gamer, and they will treat you like royalty.

Good luck, and remember the secret pass-phrase above. It is invaluable. :D
(...and whatever you do, dont tell them that I told you! Keep it on the D/L. :whistle2:$)

Ugh, I had this happen to me recently, with no resolution as well. GS refusing to take my credit cards, despite all my billing information being accurate. I finally just gave up buying from Gamestop online because of it.

I should also add, I've never traded in any games for credit, and I'm the cheapass without the Edge card. I've just bought games from them, and never multiple copies of anything. Lately I've only been buying stuff from them that had exclusive pre-orders, so I'm not buying items in mass quantities. So I don't see why my account would be flagged, which makes me assume that it could be a glitch in their billing system.

The strange thing is, I can--and have--physically walked in to a GS, and bought items there with the same credit cards that are banned on their website, and the transactions go through with no problems.

I have a question of my own. Why do you think that anyone other than Gamestop is going to possess information on your Gamestop order?

[quote name='Survivalism']I have a question of my own. Why do you think that anyone other than Gamestop is going to possess information on your Gamestop order?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason he thought his post belonged in the Deals forum.

I opened a new account, same shiznit.

I heard one person got this Issue resolved by filing a complaint against the Bettter Business Bureua

I would open a account at a different address if i could somehow remove the Edge card from my account

It's tied to it for some reason

[quote name='Spacepest']Ugh, I had this happen to me recently, with no resolution as well. GS refusing to take my credit cards, despite all my billing information being accurate. I finally just gave up buying from Gamestop online because of it.

I should also add, I've never traded in any games for credit, and I'm the cheapass without the Edge card. I've just bought games from them, and never multiple copies of anything. Lately I've only been buying stuff from them that had exclusive pre-orders, so I'm not buying items in mass quantities. So I don't see why my account would be flagged, which makes me assume that it could be a glitch in their billing system.

The strange thing is, I can--and have--physically walked in to a GS, and bought items there with the same credit cards that are banned on their website, and the transactions go through with no problems.[/QUOTE]

Get another edge card and Stop flipping games back to gamestop

Or just make sure your not over 900$ spent on gs.com in the last 90 days

Calling in and complaining WILL bring more attention to your reseller ass and work against you

this has happened to me too. 4 customer support reps couldn't help me. i just went and bought the stuff in store using the gift card they gave me. i will never use their service again once this balance is up

[quote name='Pravado']this has happened to me too. 4 customer support reps couldn't help me. i just went and bought the stuff in store using the gift card they gave me. i will never use their service again once this balance is up[/QUOTE]

This thread is over 2 years old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back