Gamestop - Bioshock Limited Edition pre-order (lots of neato stuff)

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I know this isnt technically a deal per se but I thought this Limited Edition pre-order looked cool and it comes with lots of little trinkets:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200317

Price = $69.99

What you get:

The GameStop Exclusive Bioshock Limited Edition includes:

Bioshock the game
Bioshock "Big Daddy" Figurine
Soundtrack CD featuring music of BioShock plus remixes of period music
Behind the scenes DVD

200317b.jpg

I just checked the website and it still looks like you can order it. My question is though has anyone ordered through EB/Gamestop and used the value shipping option?

Experiences? The reports here of broken figurines have me worried they won't package it correctly and I'll be pretty much guaranteed a broken figure.

ok i've decided...... even with 10% off CE: I have come to conclude that the figurine and the rest of the CE is not worth 15 more dollars.....

[quote name='vgmben']
oh and colt, it's been posted already that the CC ad will have it for 49.99[/quote]

Yea dude I know. I was winkeyeye-ing about not buying from CC, due to the speedy-gate. I legitimatly am going to have to get at least the regular edition at EB/GS because I cant afford it and am using tradein credit only. Of course only with the 10% off coupon.

[quote name='lunker']I heard an ugly rumor you can't get the LE online anymore, is this true? My wife was willing to buy it for me but I don't want her to have to run around to various GameStops in the process.[/quote]

I preordered my LE version online today after giving the demo a shot last night...I had no issues.

[quote name='pimpinc333']So wait, No sweet ass packaging as we saw from earlier pics or the EU version?[/quote]

....WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']....WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was questioning certain pics Colt posted. Someone int he other thread posted better pics and yea big sweet ass packaging still. Good Stufff!

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']I just checked the website and it still looks like you can order it. My question is though has anyone ordered through EB/Gamestop and used the value shipping option?

Experiences? The reports here of broken figurines have me worried they won't package it correctly and I'll be pretty much guaranteed a broken figure.[/quote]

As long as you Pre-order (preferebly in store) you won't get screwed over by GS. When I got my Halo 2 limited edition, their "new" resulted in a opened came case, with them slipping in the game disks and manuals from a zip-loc bag and still charging full price. So if you preorder they won't touch the shrink wrapping on the case, and sell it directly to you out of the box- at least thats what my GS clerk said

[quote name='vgmben']i need better pics of the figurine.... because after seeing CC is going to have it for 49.99, you have to ask your self is it worth 20$ more?[/quote]

You're not actually considering buying it from CC, are you? Even GameStop beats them.

I tried to pre-order it today on my way home from work and they wouldn't do it :(
The guy said they weren't getting them in until wednesday, which means my only shot at getting one is going in wednesday morning and seeing if they got extras over their pre-order quota. :cry:

[quote name='Unickuta']You're not actually considering buying it from CC, are you? Even GameStop beats them.[/QUOTE]

I've sure he's simply considering PMing the CC ad at a store CAG isn't currently at war with. Right? RIGHT?!

Not that anyone cares, but BioShock is available on Direct2Drive (stupid e-mail).

For all you anxious peeps who like DD and/or IGN (who would!?).
--
Midnight launch-ish... yay?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How long will EB hold my LE? I won't be able to get there (1 1/2 hour drive) until Friday.[/quote]

I think its 1 week, but I'd call and give them a heads up about it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Sorry I was questioning certain pics Colt posted. Someone int he other thread posted better pics and yea big sweet ass packaging still. Good Stufff![/quote]
Yea the package looks about the same as the EU pics. Im more concerned about the weak contents of it. Figure is nice but not really my bag, "soundtrack" is only 3 songs, making of dvd is meh and the case just has a different design. For once we get screwed and EU's get the good release, granted after a longer wait.:roll:

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I think its 1 week, but I'd call and give them a heads up about it.[/QUOTE]

If you look at your receipt it tells you..but I'm pretty sure its only 48 hours.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If you look at your receipt it tells you..but I'm pretty sure its only 48 hours.[/quote]
Yeah it says " New release products will be held for 48 hours after release".
Also I just noticed that they got my name wrong, is that going to cuase problems when I go in?

[quote name='kipz']Yeah it says " New release products will be held for 48 hours after release".
Also I just noticed that they got my name wrong, is that going to cuase problems when I go in?[/QUOTE]

Well how wrong is it?

I doubt it, as long as you gave them a legit phone #.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well how wrong is it?

I doubt it, as long as you gave them a legit phone #.[/quote]

Well they got a "B" instead of a "D" in my last name, and I gave them my nickname instead of my real name (Kip instead of Chris). The phone number is correct though.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']If you look at your receipt it tells you..but I'm pretty sure its only 48 hours.[/quote]

Doesn't say anything on my receipt, but you might be right nonetheless. I think a week is GC's policy...

Haha wow, seems to be a lot of variance in the way that Ebgames handles things. I just got my preorder in today for the 360; they had absolutely no problem signing me up. It seemed that they were willing to let people preorder as long as they had enough copies. I also asked about the pick-up time frame, and they said up to 14 days, but it'd probably be best to come the week that the game is released.

[quote name='mbennum']I tried to pre-order it today on my way home from work and they wouldn't do it :(
The guy said they weren't getting them in until wednesday, which means my only shot at getting one is going in wednesday morning and seeing if they got extras over their pre-order quota. :cry:[/quote]

He's lying, go Tuesday morning. It's street dated, they will have it Tuesday at opening.

How long will EB hold my LE? I won't be able to get there (1 1/2 hour drive) until Friday.

48 hours. So it'll be gone.

GameCrazy's policy is also 48 hours.

Am I the only one who pre-ordered to have it shipped to my house from the website? seems like the best way…

-Owl

Can anybody tell me if it will be possible for my roommate to pick up my preorder on Tuesday? I'm swamped on campus Tuesdays from 10-10 and there's not much open space to get to the Gamestop where I preordered the game and back. I paid off the entire balance already in case something like this happened (and god knows that means I'll be getting a broken Big Daddy, but shit happens). Do they usually check for Photo ID or will he be able to parrot my name and/or phone # and waltz out?

[quote name='OwlBoy']Am I the only one who pre-ordered to have it shipped to my house from the website? seems like the best way…

-Owl[/QUOTE]

That's what I did as well.

[quote name='Scorch']He's lying, go Tuesday morning. It's street dated, they will have it Tuesday at opening..[/QUOTE]

Thats kinda what I figured, I assumed he just had the day wrong. I've got 1 GS about 5 minutes from my office and another by my house, so I'll hit them both on tuesday morning and see if I have any luck.

[quote name='anderton']Can anybody tell me if it will be possible for my roommate to pick up my preorder on Tuesday? I'm swamped on campus Tuesdays from 10-10 and there's not much open space to get to the Gamestop where I preordered the game and back. I paid off the entire balance already in case something like this happened (and god knows that means I'll be getting a broken Big Daddy, but shit happens). Do they usually check for Photo ID or will he be able to parrot my name and/or phone # and waltz out?[/quote]

Yeah I think he can pick it up as long as he has the recipt. My friend is gonna pick up mines on the way home from work as my GS is close to where he lives. I think it should be no problem

I was not thinking about picking up Bioshock LE, but then a 10% off email coupon was recently unveiled on the forums. The question is, if its possible for me some how get GS to reserve me a copy can I throw the coupon at them when I come in to purchase the game. Any of your guys insight is more than welcome and I hope this will work out.

[quote name='Sacsquash']I was not thinking about picking up Bioshock LE, but then a 10% off email coupon was recently unveiled on the forums. The question is, if its possible for me some how get GS to reserve me a copy can I throw the coupon at them when I come in to purchase the game. Any of your guys insight is more than welcome and I hope this will work out.[/quote]

Good idea.

[quote name='heavy liquid']That's what I did as well.[/QUOTE]

I did that too -- I'm just hoping that the double-shipment (2K Games ----> Gamestop warehouse ----> my house) doesn't break my big daddy figure.

Also, it's faster to get the game if you pick it up in-store, as people want to play this game ASAP.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Isn't bioshocks ship day tuesday but most stores get it on wednesday?[/QUOTE]
No. Most stores already have there copies already. Release date is on Tuesday.

[quote name='Luckychunk']Also, it's faster to get the game if you pick it up in-store, as people want to play this game ASAP.[/QUOTE]`
If you use the SAVER shipping it's faster to pick it up, yeah. But if you use the $10 guaranteed overnight shipping they guarantee you'll have it on release day.

[quote name='OwlBoy']Am I the only one who pre-ordered to have it shipped to my house from the website? seems like the best way…

-Owl[/QUOTE]

That's what I did too.

[quote name='porieux']Damn I want my copy of this game NOW! The demo is such a tease.[/quote]

I want it right now too... :drool:

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']They took the CE off the site for pre-order.

This might actually become rare...[/quote]

I hope so, this will make all of us that decided to spend all that money on a single game feel a bit more justified, plus the resell value if we ever do feel like getting rid of our LE sets would be another plus.

[quote name='dg7md']I hope so, this will make all of us that decided to spend all that money on a single game feel a bit more justified, plus the resell value if we ever do feel like getting rid of our LE sets would be another plus.[/QUOTE]
probably. Gamestop exclusive like RE4 Gamecube, .hack GU, Ninja Gaiden got rare

[quote name='Masterchip']Yeah I think he can pick it up as long as he has the recipt. My friend is gonna pick up mines on the way home from work as my GS is close to where he lives. I think it should be no problem[/quote]

Awesome, thanks.

Darn. You think they'll still let you preorder the CE in store tomorrow? I almost ordered it off the site last night, but wanted to trade in my old PS2 towards it.

[quote name='Narse']Darn. You think they'll still let you preorder the CE in store tomorrow? I almost ordered it off the site last night, but wanted to trade in my old PS2 towards it.[/quote]

Around my area, they've already stop preorders in stores. You'd probably want to go to one on tuesday & see if they have any extra copies. I know that's what I'll be doing... :roll: (should have jumped on this earlier).

Just preordered mine in store today. They knew how many copies they had or were getting because the guy said, we only have 1 preorder left. Lucky me.

Someone from Gamestop called me a bit earlier and said they would probably be short on all the preorders they had, company wide.

I was 1 of 4 people this store had to let know. That sucks!

Add that to possibly a good number of broken figures they may have shipped and you get one big steamy pile of dung. What the fuck !

[quote name='VivaLaSam']Someone from Gamestop called me a bit earlier and said they would probably be short on all the preorders they had, company wide.

I was 1 of 4 people this store had to let know. That sucks!

Add that to possibly a good number of broken figures they may have shipped and you get one big steamy pile of dung. What the fuck ![/quote]

Assuming you get to keep the broken figure and receive a $10 discount, you could just ship the figure back to 2K/Irrational and get a new one. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I've bought the RE4, NG:S, and FFXII GameStop Exclusive editons and have been relatively happy with them...

I just wish FFXII's prices would spike like all the others did >.

[quote name='62t']probably. Gamestop exclusive like RE4 Gamecube, .hack GU, Ninja Gaiden got rare[/quote]

Not that rare.

The .hack GU is the rarest of the bunch...I think. It got easily over-shadowed by FFXII CE.

Honestly the more I read about the LE the more I kinda wish I went with a regular flavor. 3 song soundtrack disc, a most likely worthless "Making of" disc, and then a cool figure which may or may not be broken. I dunno... If my store ends up doing $10 off broken figures and they let me choose, I'll go for a broken one. If not, I'll ask 'em if I can use the $5 down I had on a LE towards a normal version instead I think. I sure as hell am not gonna scalp it on Ebay or sell it later since I packrat my games, and I'm not sure if I really wanna cough up $10 more just for something to sit on my desk and collect dust.

bread's done
Back