Gamestop - Bioshock Limited Edition pre-order (lots of neato stuff)

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
I know this isnt technically a deal per se but I thought this Limited Edition pre-order looked cool and it comes with lots of little trinkets:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200317

Price = $69.99

What you get:

The GameStop Exclusive Bioshock Limited Edition includes:

Bioshock the game
Bioshock "Big Daddy" Figurine
Soundtrack CD featuring music of BioShock plus remixes of period music
Behind the scenes DVD

200317b.jpg

[quote name='helava']Dunno. Mine's just missing the tip of the drill - I wouldn't even have noticed, except one of my coworkers has one that's perfect.

Weird.
seppo[/QUOTE]

Argh, why'd you have to say anything? I read this, looked at mine, and sure enough no tip. :whistle2:(

EDIT: The tip was in the package, and thanks to the wonders of super glue, it's now good as new. Actually, better, since it was broken new. :p

Mine is missing the tip too and I couldn't even find the original tip! I hope I can send it in. If I never noticed the tip, I wouldn't care, but now I'm focusing on it and its annoying me

As an employee, I naturally understand Gamestop's logic on preorders. But honestly, I have found plenty of great deals on games elsewhere that are better than my employee discount. And I owe all of my most recent finds to this site and all of my fellow CAG brethren.

I was foolish enough NOT to reserve my LE copy of Bioshock, but still managed to snag up a PC LE one from another store. After seeing all of these customers come in and ask about this absolute amazing game (Game of the Year contender???), that is when I realized this is going to be huge. And after checking out the aftermarket prices on this, such as ebay and Amazon, this only reconfirmed my point.

Unlike most "Gamestop Exclusive" Special Editions, this will certainly be very rare, like the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Collector's Edition for the Playstation 3 which was discontinued less than two weeks after its 7-3-07 release. This will certainly be more rare than that Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition.

Hm, I haven't opened my LE yet. It looked ok through the clear window, but if the tip or something else is broken, I'm gettin' me an art book. :p

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Does the Big Daddy figure have any articulation besides it's arms?[/quote]

No, it's pretty much just a statue.

It might be made in China (check the bottom of his foot for the sticker), but it is made with incredible, heavy quality.

They could start selling these for 15 dollars or so in retail. That seems to be the new price for fancy figures.

I just put mine up on eBay as a 3 day auction. I was really torn as to whether I should keep it or sell it but I figured I wouldn't appreciate the Big Daddy as much as a true collector.

Man, the tip of the drill on my figure is broken too. :cry:

Also, if anyone else wants to trade/sell the slip cover for the regular edition, let me know!

I actually kinda like the LE cover, certainly more than I thought I would. Still would have liked a steelbook case.

Now, if anyone would be willing to part with their artbooks-in-waiting for a strategy guide or two, I'd be game :D

I picked up my copy at like 2:15 eastern time and Bioshock takes my breath away.. It is THE Next gen experience!

Tip Gone and a paint chip on the hand/glove. 10% coupon worked. Will be getting an Art Book and a new Big Daddy.

On the key aspect, the game is SUPERIOR!

Snagged an unbroken 360 one.. this sucker is staying sealed. I picked up a normal copy of Bioshock. A sealed LE with an unbroken figure will definately be rare :p

//edit: Frick, it IS broken. But it's just a teensy part of the drill at the top. I'll live.

My Big Daddy figure is chipped too, but not on the drill tip. Rather half of his kneepad is chipped off and rattling around in his mostly unopened plastic cocoon. I guess this means I get a free art book, which is nice. Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle and I hope 2K doesn't back out on the art book thing as I suspect people may just break their figures themselves in order to get the book.

Haven't read the whole thread, but is the CD the one with remixes from Moby? I was suprised because I actually pre-ordered mine at GameCrazy, and I got the CD free.

Seems my figure was fine, and I already have the highdef artbook downloaded, so if I really feel the urge, I can get it bound somewhere on the cheap.

Man, I'm really glad I pre-ordered the LE when I did. I had no idea they were going to become such hot items on ebay. Not that I'm going to sell mine (too much of a System Shock fan), though.

yea just like to post now that i know i'm not the only one haha yea my tip broke but nothing a lil glue couldnt fix and im good with it gl to you guys hope we can keep the old ones and still get the new one

[quote name='Scorch']Snagged an unbroken 360 one.. this sucker is staying sealed. I picked up a normal copy of Bioshock. A sealed LE with an unbroken figure will definately be rare :p

//edit: Frick, it IS broken. But it's just a teensy part of the drill at the top. I'll live.[/QUOTE]

Damn it Scorch, now I don't know whether to open it or not. Being that it is intact....

The sealed LE is fetching quite a bit on eBay, one auction is like $130 with 8 hours left.

I'm still happy with my LE, I am pretty proud to have such a rare/expensive item.

My Big Daddy seems fine for the Xbox CE, but it looks like the box has a small tear in a corner though from being handled poorly. I actually snagged the PC version regular instead PMed CC @ BB for $40 so now I guess I'll either "collect" the 360 ver or sell it (probably the latter). I don't know what compelled me to go for the 360 route in the first place but I think it's much too late for me to go back now seeing as how I bought it using 80% credit!

[quote name='tsg2005']damn im so pissed i didnt pre-order this. now im hoping somebody that reserved one at the store doesnt pick it up.[/quote]
There's a chance, but not a great one. At my store I got the very last LE they had for preorders, so everyone who preordered got theirs... on the first day, before 6pm.

:hot:

On a side-note, yet related. I've been playing this for a while now and this is one of the best games I've ever played. Seriously, it's that great.

[quote name='dg7md']There's a chance, but not a great one. At my store I got the very last LE they had for preorders, so everyone who preordered got theirs... on the first day, before 6pm.[/quote]

i went tuesday night and they had about 5-6 behind the counter with reserve receipts taped to each one. so im hoping

The Gamestop employee said every single LE that they got in was spoken for. I never would have expected this level of demand just a few weeks ago.

I could have had a 360 one, but I saw one in person and decided I liked the standard edition packaging more...its really poorly packaged for the LE...my co-workers game case was dented and ripped. On a humorous note, he was trying to break the arm off of his figurine so he could get an art book...

Anyways, I don't think you're missing much...the only interesting extra to me seemed to be the making of DVD, but I don't know how substantial that is.

I hope that the near 100% sell through of the CE means that this game will do well and that the developers will inclined to make more great stuff!

Dissapointed in the LE game packaging. Not only is the actual case kind of flimsy (it looks like the case is about to burst due to the 3 discs + manual inside), but the plastic has a dent in it (not even mint condition out of the box, pathetic).

Yeah, I'm nitpicking, but really, I'd expect something better from an LE.

Quick question (friend picked up my copy for me since I'm out of the country until next week). I'm kind of paranoid I got a broken copy and can't check the box myself, but my friend took pictures and said it looks fine (emailed them to me). He did say that all the boxes at EB had some rattle to them.

Does this mean I'm screwed and that something (the figure or a dvd) is broken/loose?

Thought about putting my LE on ebay, but after thinking about it, I spent 49.94 for the game with my trade in credit. If I get $130 for the limited eddition, by the time I buy Bioshock again at normal price, I wouldn't of really made that much of a profit. Besides, having an intact BD figure is just way to cool.

[quote name='prateeko']Does this mean I'm screwed and that something (the figure or a dvd) is broken/loose?[/QUOTE]
If it rattles the figure is almost certainly broken. It's not a big deal, 2k is replacing them.

I picked up my Bioshock copy yesterday but it wasn't the LE like I wanted it to be. By the time I got to the store, only two copies were left and they were pre-orders. I told them I had the LE pre-ordered but they couldn't find it. After some searching both in the back and in the computer, I was told that I only had the regular edition pre-ordered.

I just found my original pre-order receipt and it makes no mention that it's an LE. I really wish I double checked all of this in advance, but I guess it doesn't matter too much. This game is fantastic although it did freeze on me twice.

I wanted the Big Daddy statue and for the extra 10 bucks (20 if you factor in the discounts at other stores) I got it. I didn't even think about selling it on eBay.

On a side note... It's funny that there are more threads talking about this stuff and broken statues then the actual game istelf! C'mon, guys!

[quote name='ihadFG']Man, the tip of the drill on my figure is broken too. :cry:

Also, if anyone else wants to trade/sell the slip cover for the regular edition, let me know![/quote]

same here :( ohwell *emails 2k games*

Just pick up my LE at gamestop. My drill bit is broken at the tip. Damn drill bit went through the plastic and got stuck on the outer display box. Anyone know if 2k will replace the outer box too?

My LE box looked like it had been beat to hell on one side too. Fortunately, Big Daddy is intact and happy. The game case itself was in excellent shape too. The wannabe collector in me hates that the outer box is not in good shape, but the realist in me doesn't really care. The game and BD are in great shape and that is all that matters. And the fact that the game has totally sucked me in.....
My fear of deep sea water has never been more apparent as it was in the opening moments of the game. Sheesh.

[quote name='xeno']same here :( ohwell *emails 2k games*[/quote]

are we supposed to email them, or are we waiting on them to set up some sort of system?

Add me to the 'drill tip broken off' list.

I don't even care about the toy. I would rather have the art book anyway.

My LE arrived via UPS today pristine. Even the outer box looked like it came right from the manufacturer. I think online was the way to go to avoid the GS regional deliveries and manhandling.

Received the 360 CE via UPS today and, lo and behold, the tip was indeed broken off. It appears to have made a little circle of scratches on the inside of the packaging before snapping. Were they drop-kicking the game into the shipping containers?

Still, a free art book and replacement should make me entirely satisfied with the purchase.

[quote name='KillerTomato']Received the 360 CE via UPS today and, lo and behold, the tip was indeed broken off. It appears to have made a little circle of scratches on the inside of the packaging before snapping. Were they drop-kicking the game into the shipping containers?

Still, a free art book and replacement should make me entirely satisfied with the purchase.[/quote]
you would be amazed at what goes on in some of these shipping companies.
sometimes it's even broken before ups gets it.

fragile and right side up, usually mean nothing to genral workers.

[quote name='KillerTomato']Received the 360 CE via UPS today and, lo and behold, the tip was indeed broken off. It appears to have made a little circle of scratches on the inside of the packaging before snapping. Were they drop-kicking the game into the shipping containers?

Still, a free art book and replacement should make me entirely satisfied with the purchase.[/quote]

you would be amazed what goes on in some of these shipping companies.
sometimes it's even broken before ups gets it.

fragile and right side up, usually mean nothing to genral workers.

I had a finger broken off and it was NOT IN THE BOX despite the whole thing being sealed a couple of different ways.

Some of this stuff is coming broken from the factory, guys.

[quote name='Masterchip']If my Big Daddy figurine is damaged in the littlest way, I'm gonna choke a clerk.
I mean the Big Daddy is the main driving point of the CE, if it's broken, then it's almost pointless. I'm gonna call my GS tomorrow to make sure.
But if it's broken I'm sure GS will replace them right?[/quote]
If yours is broken, you call the vendor, they will send you a box. You send your big daddy in, and once they get it, they will send you a pretty new one.

We had 0 extra CE at my store.

bread's done
Back